Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

BREAKING: Rafa Leaves The Club

Read 23639 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,522 posts | 8685 
      Re: BREAKING: Rafa Leaves The Club
      Reply #391: Jun 09, 2010 02:37:24 pm
      Oh i just give up  :f_wah:

I think, if we ignore the other distractions, we as a team could show the pundits wrong, the right dressing room attitude could take us places if we get the right manager...id settle for the agression of pearce in there telling them all to pull their fingers out of their asses.

Yes nice touch, I think you are talking about that scab Stuart Pearce who learnt everything he knows from Brian Clough.

Plantman
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts |
      • Youll*Never*Walk*Alone
      Reply #392: Jun 09, 2010 02:39:16 pm
      Hmmm

well you obviously dont understand what im getting at..
      y2kyle16
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 666 posts | -7 
      Reply #393: Jun 09, 2010 03:19:36 pm
      interesting piece

Some say football is all about trophies. Jose Mourinho wins them for fun, but his medals go in the crowd and his celebrations rarely last more than two minutes before he heads off in a new direction, for a new challenge. What made this season so special for him was not the Inter treble in and of itself, but the battles he won off the pitch in capturing those three trophies.

He couldn't wait to leave Italy - he said himself that they don't like him, and he doesn't like them - yet leaving without having been forced out would be a failure, and Jose doesn't do failure. Winning it all, and beating an unbelievable Barcelona on the way to a Champions League triumph in the stadium of his new club, that is what made the man cry. It was just too perfect.

Ten days later and just over 800 miles east of Madrid, a smart man would not bet against a tear being shed on a Sardinian hotel pillow in Rafael Benitez's room last Wednesday. That afternoon, Fabio Capello - Inter president Massimo Moratti's public choice to succeed Mourinho - complied with the FA and removed the escape clause within his contract that would have allowed him to leave the England job after the World Cup. By that evening, Rafa had already talked his way out of Anfield.

Yes, the same Rafa whom Moratti had described as ungettable mere days before, because of his contract with Liverpool. That beautiful, five-year contract signed in 2009 running until 2014 that made him the undisputed Alpha Dog of Anfield. That contract that promised him such an embarrassment of riches (and embarrassment is just the feeling Tom Hicks and George Gillett are living with currently) were it to be terminated.

He was unsackable, a situation made all the more hilarious after he delivered a season that was indisputably and universally sack-worthy. And despite his clear disillusionment with the backhandedness of the boardroom antics at the club, he knew he couldn't leave. He, like Mourinho, couldn't let the enemy win. And he surely couldn't let all that money go down the drain, either.

Escape Route | Moratti aided Rafa's exit
      And then the powerful Italian gentleman steeped in mysterious and awe-inspiring family history made him an offer he couldn't refuse.

Now Rafa had genuine bargaining power. He marched to the nearest telephone and demanded that interim chairman Martin Broughton gave him guarantees of summer transfer budget he knew would not be forthcoming. And when it wasn't, an agreement was reached in double-quick time and his contract was mutually terminated - with around £6m landing in his pocket - by Thursday afternoon.

He got the money from the settlement, the full support of fans and media, and he got a dream job with plenty of money and a league title on offer that would actually be harder to lose. All this, while on holiday, following a season of unprecedented failure in the major competitions on offer. It was the anti-treble, and it was spectacular.

Inter are getting a smart man. A touch boring, a trifle strange and more than a little frustrating, but he will always find a way to win. Even when he loses.

talkaloadofbull.com
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #394: Jun 09, 2010 03:26:59 pm
      ^ I was going to post that, they still haven't published my comment :(
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #395: Jun 09, 2010 04:00:40 pm
      Gutted can´t say what I´d like to do to Purslow, Broughton Hicks and Gillette.
      bahliverpool
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 31 posts |
      • Scouser from Ukraine
      Reply #396: Jun 09, 2010 04:23:19 pm
      Rafa's going out was a very good news for me. Of course, I am very grateful him for The Champions League trophy and FA Cup, but we cannot remember Istanbul all the time and demand nothing more. Liverpool FC needs a new cups and new wins. Nevertheless Benitez has chosen a very good time to leave us. He was not able to train the team successfully, but he deserved some chances. He hadn't used them, so he do right thing. He was a good manager and I wish him a great glory with Inter. Goodbye, Don Rafael.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #397: Jun 09, 2010 05:46:06 pm
      Hmmm

well you obviously dont understand what im getting at..

No clue what so ever. It seems you think that the right manager will bring us the league? If thats the case, then you have no idea.

Rafa's going out was a very good news for me. Of course, I am very grateful him for The Champions League trophy and FA Cup, but we cannot remember Istanbul all the time and demand nothing more. Liverpool FC needs a new cups and new wins. Nevertheless Benitez has chosen a very good time to leave us. He was not able to train the team successfully, but he deserved some chances. He hadn't used them, so he do right thing. He was a good manager and I wish him a great glory with Inter. Goodbye, Don Rafael.

As with you. If you think a new manager is all we need for "new cups and new wins" then you also need to wake up and smell the steaming pile of sh*t that is the owners at Liverpool right now.
      winnie
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 108 posts |
      Reply #398: Jun 09, 2010 05:50:31 pm

Goodbye, bahliverpool :)
      Plantman
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts |
      • Youll*Never*Walk*Alone
      Reply #399: Jun 09, 2010 05:51:10 pm
      Oh go do one, ffs im merely trying to find light at the end of tunnel, and all you guys do is shove it back like your F***ing messiahs.

The right manager COULD give us a good season as we have the squad capable.

And IF it happens and Stevie came out and said Rafa couldnt motivate the dressing room ect, you all backtrack.

Ive been nice and tried to bring a little bit of respite but its the same old.

LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #400: Jun 09, 2010 05:52:29 pm
      As with you. If you think a new manager is all we need for "new cups and new wins" then you also need to wake up and smell the steaming pile of sh*t that is the owners at Liverpool right now.

If its been two years since the cat was out of the bag and news reports all over the place about our debts with the Yanks and some people STILL dont have a clue then theres no hope for them.

Just leave them in their little world that Rafa's gone and now we can win that glory they oh so desperately crave.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #401: Jun 09, 2010 05:54:26 pm
      And IF it happens and Stevie came out and said Rafa couldnt motivate the dressing room ect, you all backtrack.

If's and but's. The story of the Rafa bashers.

Is there any point still debating over the man now hes gone? Disrespectful to one of the best managers in our history.
      Plantman
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts |
      • Youll*Never*Walk*Alone
      Reply #402: Jun 09, 2010 05:57:12 pm
      No there is no point in resting on the past, which is why im trying to say that the new manager has a REALLY good squad to play with, we have a better team than what we won the CL with so why cant we talk about optimism and the chance the players will bring in new buyers by proving their quality next season??

Im sick of counter posts incinuating that we are done, too much in debt and everyone is leaving, no manager will come etc.....its all utter toss.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #403: Jun 09, 2010 05:58:29 pm
      No there is no point in resting on the past, which is why im trying to say that the new manager has a REALLY good squad to play with, we have a better team than what we won the CL with so why cant we talk about optimism and the chance the players will bring in new buyers by proving their quality next season??

Im sick of counter posts incinuating that we are done, too much in debt and everyone is leaving, no manager will come etc.....its all utter toss.

To be absolutely fair, you were debating that point in the wrong thread.

http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php?topic=13248.0

Is there any point still debating over the man now hes gone? Disrespectful to one of the best managers in our history.

I agree with that.

There are a number of Rafa threads about now. I think even the slowest of Liverpool fans are aware of his departure now and this certainly isn't the place to debate whether or not he was the right man for the job.

If you want to keep tabs on how he's doing over in Italy, then click the link: http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php?topic=30723.0

Topic locked.

« Last Edit: Jun 09, 2010 07:44:34 pm by redkenny »

Quick Reply