Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 17th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W7 D4 L3

Which Players Will STAY In The Summer?

Read 10315 times
      linneman
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,426 posts | 16 
      Re: Which Players Will STAY In The Summer?
      Reply #92: Jul 16, 2010 12:37:09 pm
      Our three best players - Gerrard, Torres, Mascherano, I think the only player to go will be Mascherano.

Where will Torres go? I can't see him signing for another premiership club out of respect for liverpool. He can't sign for real due to his love of athletico. He won't sign for Inter because I don't think hes a great fan of Rafa. AC, Juve have never been linked with him, maybe they can't afford him and Barca have just signed Villa, I don't think they will sign another striker for big bucks, especially seen as their in the hunt for fabregas at present.

Same with Gerrard. Real have recently stated they will not make a move for him. He won't go to Inter because of Rafa. AC and Juve have never been linked with him. Barca don't need him. Chelsea won't pay the asking price and I really cannot see him moving to City. City are still 3 or 4 seasons away from winning the league in my opinion, he may as well finish his career at Anfield.

Other players such as Babel, Lucas, Riera, im really not fussed about. They can be replaced with similar players for similar money. Obviously they will have their own admirers but in my opinion those are the players that won't be missed, not by me anyway. Maybe shipping out 4 or 5 of those players and replacing them with new faces would do the team some good.

based on facts?
      RyanBabs
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      • London town is burning down
      Reply #93: Jul 16, 2010 03:45:45 pm
      Reported on SSN:

Roy can't get hold of Mascherano....

Could be in Spain as he is home sick remember  :f_whistle:
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,121 posts | 3370 
      Reply #94: Jul 16, 2010 04:20:10 pm
      Maybe shipping out 4 or 5 of those players and replacing them with new faces would do the team some good.

Except we won't get the money to bring in new faces. A free transfer in Jovanovich and less than two million on Shelvey, doesn't exactly fill me with confidence that we'll be throwing money around.

However, I've already stated in the mass exodus thread, that's there quite a few I wouldn't be disappointed to see go and wouldn't even be arsed if they were replaced or not. Riera, Babel, El Zhar all fit into that category.

As for who'll stay, well those who'll stay are those who want to stay. Those who wanna F**k off can get on the first plane from Speke for alls I care. I'm not gonna cry over anybody who wants to leave. Anybody who wants to leave the greatest club side in the world, isn't worth crying over.

Quick Reply