Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 3rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W10 D5 L8

Rafael Benitez Discussion Thread

Read 1103966 times
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts | 408 
      Re: Rafael Benitez Discussion Thread
      Reply #7889: Oct 18, 2015 10:10:57 pm
      "Appears"? Really.

Carragher doesn't want to be a coach, as that would involve living somewhere else, and losing x jobs. So he prefers the easier life of the Sky Scratchpad.

However, he and Steve put up with Rafa for 6 years. They were magnificent ambassadors for the club throughout and throughout their careers, bailing us out in both areas of the pitch for nigh on 20 years. They were in their prime during that period, and should have had a league title to show for it. Failing that, they should have won a trophy in 4 years. They know the truth why we didn't.

Must be horrible having to put up with a manager who guides you to a Champs League winners medal.

Maybe he should have let them bring their wives to melwood instead.

Poor bas**rds.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,013 posts | 3953 
      Reply #7890: Oct 19, 2015 12:19:35 pm
      I wanna know what Rafa did to this guy I really do. His hatred of him is on an extremely unhealthy level. :laugh:

This lad wants to chip away at LFC and Rafa, a Liverpool legend by the way, is the perfect vehicle to burrow into the club.
      A subtle wum, no more no less and that is the reason the termite is still here.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #7891: Oct 19, 2015 12:53:09 pm
      I wanna know what Rafa did to this guy I really do. His hatred of him is on an extremely unhealthy level. :laugh:

He caused the great potato famine #BlameRafa
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #7892: Oct 19, 2015 12:55:03 pm
      Don't know how any one can really slate Rafa given what's happened since he left, just hope Klopp can return us to the sort of nights we witnessed under Rafa, if he can, he'll be a massive success in my opinion.

RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,198 posts | 1641 
      Reply #7893: Oct 20, 2015 07:53:38 am
      "Appears"? Really.

Carragher doesn't want to be a coach, as that would involve living somewhere else, and losing x jobs. So he prefers the easier life of the Sky Scratchpad.

However, he and Steve put up with Rafa for 6 years. They were magnificent ambassadors for the club throughout and throughout their careers, bailing us out in both areas of the pitch for nigh on 20 years. They were in their prime during that period, and should have had a league title to show for it. Failing that, they should have won a trophy in 4 years. They know the truth why we didn't.

Pretty sure you posted the other day about how people can now 'appreciate' what Brendan did for us (still waiting on confirmation of what that was exactly).

And yet you're totally against Rafa, don't get you at all.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #7894: Oct 20, 2015 07:58:53 am
      "Appears"? Really.

Rafael Benitez bummed your bird off.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #7895: Oct 20, 2015 12:46:16 pm
      "Appears"? Really.

you wouldn't know the "truth" if it fell outof the sky and flattened you, whatever planet you are from you really need to go back there.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,620 posts | 3851 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #7896: Oct 20, 2015 02:32:36 pm
      Rafael Benitez bummed your bird off.

Nah mate.
      "Appears to have"
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,868 posts | 704 
      Reply #7897: Oct 20, 2015 08:01:22 pm
      Quote from Dmasta
      I wanna know what Rafa did to this guy I really do. His hatred of him is on an extremely unhealthy level.

There's no need to hate him. There is a need to hold his two trophies won from 24 available record, to account. That's not hatred, that's fact.

Quote from LFCSTEVE1984
      Must be horrible having to put up with a manager who guides you to a Champs League winners medal.

Maybe he should have let them bring their wives to melwood instead.

Don't know what he should have done. Beyond winning trophies for this club, I don't particularly care who shows up at Melwood tbh.

In saying that, good man management builds strong team spirit which often results in better results on the pitch. It appears that Klopp has it.

Quote from RedLFCBlood
      Don't know how any one can really slate Rafa given what's happened since he left, just hope Klopp can return us to the sort of nights we witnessed under Rafa, if he can, he'll be a massive success in my opinion.

He'll be a massive success if/when the trophy cabinet is getting restocked on a regular basis.

What's happened here since Rafa left, has frankly nothing to do with him. He's gone on to squander hundreds of millions more Euro for a single UEFA Cup and a single Italian Cup in return, at four huge clubs with massive resources, just with no Americans around to bother him.

Quote from: stuey
      This lad wants to chip away at LFC and Rafa, a Liverpool legend by the way, is the vehicle to burrow into the club.

As with all Liverpool fans, I don't "chip away" at LFC, and never have. I don't chip away at the man who won us nothing at all for four years, I just remind his fanbase of what he failed to do here. You don't like that, I don't like that either, but it's the truth, and as it usually does, the truth hurts. Whether it's from ex players, coaches, pundits, fans, or even me.

Quote from 7-King Kenny-7
      Do you ever not talk rubbish?

All the time.

Pull up Google and search for Redcafe or the Chav forum

No need, as I leave that to rival club fans. As the rest of us should.
      « Last Edit: Oct 20, 2015 08:29:24 pm by lfc across the water »
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #7898: Oct 20, 2015 08:55:40 pm
      There's no need to hate him. There is a need to hold his two trophies won from 24 available record, to account. That's not hatred, that's fact.

Don't know what he should have done. Beyond winning trophies for this club, I don't particularly care who shows up at Melwood tbh.

In saying that, good man management builds strong team spirit which often results in better results on the pitch. It appears that Klopp has it.

He'll be a massive success if/when the trophy cabinet is getting restocked on a regular basis.

What's happened here since Rafa left, has frankly nothing to do with him. He's gone on to squander hundreds of millions more Euro for a single UEFA Cup and a single Italian Cup in return, at four huge clubs with massive resources, just with no Americans around to bother him.

As with all Liverpool fans, I don't "chip away" at LFC, and never have. I don't chip away at the man who won us nothing at all for four years, I just remind his fanbase of what he failed to do here. You don't like that, I don't like that either, but it's the truth, and as it usually does, the truth hurts. Whether it's from ex players, coaches, pundits, fans, or even me.

All the time.

quite honestly you disgust me
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts | 408 
      Reply #7899: Oct 20, 2015 09:18:54 pm

All the time.

You must be really pissed off with all of brendan achievements then
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #7900: Oct 20, 2015 09:19:54 pm
      He caused the great potato famine #BlameRafa

According to lfc across the water Rafa also 'expected' the Spanish Inquisiion....as he led it.

#BlameRafa
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,013 posts | 3953 
      Reply #7901: Oct 21, 2015 12:09:56 am
      How much is a European Cup final win worth?
      How much is it potentially worth to the club over the years following that momentous achievement?

The net figure of players bought and sold during those seasons in comparison is farcical, as farcical as the gobs***e bad mouthing a Liverpool legend.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,259 posts | 8582 
      Reply #7902: Oct 21, 2015 02:07:03 am
      In addition to Allardyce doing his usual deluded act in the press, I was surprised (should I be surprised these days?) to see Carra coming out yet again seeking to demean Rafa's time at the club here by claiming that he refused to sign Bale because he already rated Riise. Rafa categorically denied this today saying that they twice tried to sign Bale during his tenure.

Why must Carra continue to seek this demented agenda against Rafa? In this latest stunt he hasn't just slated Rafa but Riise as well. Not the words I would expect of ANY Liverpool player past or present, legend or not. It wouldn't anger me so much if it wasn't the case that Carra backed the sacking of Rafa and privately approved and lauded the appointment of Hodgson.

Such deluded words leads me to believe that Jamie would have very little to give to this club if he was ever appointed in a coaching cacpacity. Luckily, I don't think Klopp is prone to that type of soggy tokenism so we can, for the moment, relax.

Oh come on mate you know the score!!

Once a blue, always a blue  ;D
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #7903: Oct 21, 2015 03:12:04 pm

And at the same time you continued to spend your time talking out of your proverbial arse on here, well done.

Inter Milan 2010

Earnings/expenditures    Arrivals/Departures    Transfer fee
      Earnings                                   38                      £42.39m
      Expenditure                           36                      £32.68m
      Total results                                                       +£9.71m

Chelsea

Earnings                                    1                         Â£7m
      Expenditure                            1                     £12m
      Total results                                                       +£5m

Napoli

Earnings                                      38                      £51.94m
      Expenditure                              42                      £73.82m
      Total results                                                £-21.88m

Earnings                                   35                       Â£14.32m
      Expenditure                           38                       Â£23.84m
      Total results                                                 Â£-9.52m

Real Madrid I won't include as he can't exactly be judged as his first season has not been completed.

So his net spend is around £15/£16m with three clubs over 4 seasons...

#Squandered....
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #7904: Oct 21, 2015 04:57:02 pm

And at the same time you continued to spend your time talking out of your proverbial arse on here, well done.

Inter Milan 2010

Earnings                                   38                      £42.39m
      Expenditure                           36                      £32.68m
      Total results                                                       +£9.71m

Chelsea

Earnings                                    1                         Â£7m
      Expenditure                            1                     £12m
      Total results                                                       +£5m

Napoli

Earnings                                      38                      £51.94m
      Expenditure                              42                      £73.82m
      Total results                                                £-21.88m

Earnings                                   35                       Â£14.32m
      Expenditure                           38                       Â£23.84m
      Total results                                                 Â£-9.52m

Real Madrid I won't include as he can't exactly be judged as his first season has not been completed.

So his net spend is around £15/£16m with three clubs over 4 seasons...

#Squandered....

I wouldn't waste your time mate, you'd get more sense talking to a wall.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,013 posts | 3953 
      Reply #7905: Oct 21, 2015 05:03:17 pm

He or she is an out and out wum mate. He or she comes on here with the same bollox every month or so, it does seem like some kind of cycle [not talking mountain bikes].
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,463 posts | 4591 
      Reply #7906: Oct 21, 2015 05:13:29 pm
      Reports claiming Rafa Benitez is responsible for the Bubonic plague.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #7907: Oct 21, 2015 05:17:11 pm

I just liked the part where he said Rafa squandered 'Hundred's of Millions More' The plurality giving the Impression he's spent over £200m-£300m gross, when the reality is he's spent around £142-£143m gross.

When you look at some of the players also bought in during that period, some were youth signings for the clubs future not only those that came in for the immediate future, with the exception of Chelsea.

Still think Rafa Double Penetrated his missus with a cock ring dildo... :D
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,659 posts | 489 
      Reply #7908: Oct 21, 2015 05:17:23 pm
      18 goals scored.
      2 conceded.

Top of La liga with a +16 GD

And the players are still adjusting to his method, while the key players have been/are injured.

Rafa seems to be doing 'okay'.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,463 posts | 4591 
      Reply #7909: Oct 21, 2015 05:18:30 pm
      18 goals scored.
      2 conceded.

And the players are still adjusting to his method, while the key players have been/are injured.

'Par' ;D
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #7910: Oct 21, 2015 05:19:36 pm
      According to lfc across the water Rafa also 'expected' the Spanish Inquisiion....as he led it.

#BlameRafa

He sunk the Titanic when it hit a Fat Spanish Waiter #BlameRafa
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #7911: Oct 22, 2015 04:20:34 pm
      18 goals scored.
      2 conceded.

If it's not in a Sky infographic it's not true! He must be sh*t!

Quick Reply