Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 12th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P18 W9 D6 L3

Rafael Benitez Discussion Thread

Read 1106062 times
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,359 posts | 1636 
      Re: Rafael Benitez Discussion Thread
      Reply #9361: Sep 13, 2016 10:14:13 pm
      Shelvey scored a cracker tonight.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,359 posts | 1636 
      Reply #9362: Sep 13, 2016 10:17:27 pm
      Barnsley might have something to say about that mate  :P

That youre neck of the woods Debs .
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #9363: Sep 13, 2016 10:22:33 pm
      That youre neck of the woods Debs .

It sure is Andy, it's Pauls team so he's well chuffed at how they're playing.  I'd earmarked the Newcastle game for my first visit to Oakwell this season but maybe not now   :D
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #9364: Sep 13, 2016 10:23:32 pm
      Was scanning my brain thinking what Rafa's best away result was when he was here and then I remembered...Birmingham 0-7 Liverpool in the FA Cup 2006! :D Made all the sweeter by the fact they were managed by Steve Bruce!
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,359 posts | 1636 
      Reply #9365: Sep 13, 2016 10:45:10 pm
      It sure is Andy, it's Pauls team so he's well chuffed at how they're playing.  I'd earmarked the Newcastle game for my first visit to Oakwell this season but maybe not now   :D

Barnsley go up mate you'll be getting them halfy half scarves  ;D
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #9366: Sep 13, 2016 10:49:33 pm
      Barnsley go up mate you'll be getting them halfy half scarves  ;D

Hmmm don't remind me mate. A few years ago to wind me up one of his mates gave me his halfy half scarf that he got when they beat us in the FA Cup. 

His mates constantly remind me of every one of our defeats at their hands  :mad:
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,466 posts | 4591 
      Reply #9367: Sep 13, 2016 11:20:18 pm
      Was scanning my brain thinking what Rafa's best away result was when he was here and then I remembered...Birmingham 0-7 Liverpool in the FA Cup 2006! :D Made all the sweeter by the fact they were managed by Steve Bruce!

Was at that game sitting in the main stand surrounding by Zulus with the biggest F***ing smile on my face ;D
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #9368: Sep 14, 2016 12:31:49 am
      Was at that game sitting in the main stand surrounding by Zulus with the biggest f**king smile on my face ;D

Ha ha! Fantastic! Remember listening to it on Radio 5 Live. Only time I remember FA Cup tie being played midweek as well (Wednesday night wasn't it?). If I recall didn't Momo Sissoko make his comeback from a nasty eye injury (complete with some snazzy protective goggles) in that match? Great night of a wonderful FA Cup campaign and actually one of the most balanced squads I can remember us having. It wasn't mind blowing but it was such an experienced, solid and intelligent group we had that season.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,466 posts | 4591 
      Reply #9369: Sep 14, 2016 12:44:40 am
      Ha ha! Fantastic! Remember listening to it on Radio 5 Live. Only time I remember FA Cup tie being played midweek as well (Wednesday night wasn't it?). If I recall didn't Momo Sissoko make his comeback from a nasty eye injury (complete with some snazzy protective goggles) in that match? Great night of a wonderful FA Cup campaign and actually one of the most balanced squads I can remember us having. It wasn't mind blowing but it was such an experienced, solid and intelligent group we had that season.

Hyypia,Riise,Morientes,Cisse,
      Crouch all scored I think, cant remember who scored the 7th & you are right Sissoko returned in that match...

Morientes... Remember him ;D
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #9370: Sep 14, 2016 12:54:29 am
      Hyypia,Riise,Morientes,Cisse,
      Crouch all scored I think, cant remember who scored the 7th & you are right Sissoko returned in that match...

Morientes... Remember him ;D

Gets a bad press for falling well short of his incredibly high standards at Real and yet I always remember him as a solid outlet for us that season chipping in with a few crucial goals. Scored a double over Middlesbrough that same season in a 2-0 win! Solid player and for a few million quid not too shabby as a bit of business by Rafa!
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,875 posts | 704 
      Reply #9371: Sep 14, 2016 11:49:28 pm
      Quote from RedWilly
      I'm not talking about 'wanting' him to succeed, honestly it won't bother me if he succeeds or fails at Newcastle but the difference is, I'm not actively willing him to fail

I don't actively want him to fail, I'll let him take good care of that. He now has "relegated" over his head. You can tell me that as usual, it wasn't his fault. I'm not a Newcastle fan, so I don't care whose fault it was. The only thing that matters is he was brought up there to keep them up, and he failed. Again.

Quote from Son Of A Gun
      You consistently do this to get a rise out of members here. Go and support another club if you don't respect Rafa. This club doesn't need sods like you.

This club needs all the fans it can find tbh. We're under no obligation to respect managers at rival clubs. He left this place a long time ago, and our obligations to him ended at that point.

I'm not here to wind you or anyone else up, or tell you who you should or shouldn't support. I'm in this thread to discuss his football record in a football discussion thread, that is all I do here, and will continue to do so.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,199 posts | 4408 
      Reply #9372: Sep 15, 2016 12:02:57 am
      I don't actively want him to fail, I'll let him take good care of that. He now has "relegated" over his head. You can tell me that as usual, it wasn't his fault. I'm not a Newcastle fan, so I don't care whose fault it was. The only thing that matters is he was brought up there to keep them up, and he failed. Again.

This club needs all the fans it can find tbh. We're under no obligation to respect managers at rival clubs. He left this place a long time ago, and our obligations to him ended at that point.

I'm not here to wind you or anyone else up, or tell you who you should or shouldn't support. I'm in this thread to discuss his football record in a football discussion thread, that is all I do here, and will continue to do so.

How about posting in another thread once in a while, as a LFC fan I'm sure you must have plenty to contribute apart from the travails of Rafa!

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,589 posts | 7141 
      Reply #9373: Sep 15, 2016 08:48:41 am

this club has never accepted people like you and if you dared to voice your opinion around Anfield you would be roundly set upon. Sitting in your darkened room hitting the keyboard may help you overcome your problems and you swerve around the rules to prevent a ban. I can only imagine you must have had a dodgy paella at sometime because your loathing of Rafa is so obviously nothing to do with football.
      Apart from his success as a manager and as a Liverpool he is also a top bloke and has done so much for local charities along with his wife Monse who works so hard for those less fortunate . He is one of us you are definitely not.
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #9374: Sep 15, 2016 09:40:59 am

Maybe if you started supporting Liverpool pre 2013 you'd understand why everyone respects Rafa so much.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #9375: Sep 15, 2016 09:59:08 am

So let me get this right, Rafa takes the blame for the 28 matches that Steve McLaren fu**ed up even though he only took charge for 10 games? Some of those games included a North-East derby, Spurs, Man City, Liverpool, Southampton & the eventual Champions. He only lost 2 of those 6 games. Overall he won 3, drew 4 and lost 3, one of those losses came in the 94th minute. He helped them pick up over a third of their overall points tally in a quarter of the season. Rafa isn't the one to blame. It's because of him that they had a F***ing chance of staying up.

You're saying stuff and then saying you're not here to say those exact things.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,359 posts | 1636 
      Reply #9376: Sep 15, 2016 04:51:43 pm
      So let me get this right, Rafa takes the blame for the 28 matches that Steve McLaren fu**ed up even though he only took charge for 10 games? Some of those games included a North-East derby, Spurs, Man City, Liverpool, Southampton & the eventual Champions. He only lost 2 of those 6 games. Overall he won 3, drew 4 and lost 3, one of those losses came in the 94th minute. He helped them pick up over a third of their overall points tally in a quarter of the season. Rafa isn't the one to blame. It's because of him that they had a F***ing chance of staying up.

You're saying stuff and then saying you're not here to say those exact things. I

Don't let it wind you up its just not worth it , those who enjoyed the ride with Rafa will always have a spot for him,
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #9377: Sep 15, 2016 09:54:29 pm

This thread has been easy going through the summer, now I notice why.. Because you had stopped posting sh*te in it. Maybe go back to that. People know your opinion, don't really give a damn about it and it's not going to change for anyone (yourself included) so maybe go back to how it was over the summer and you not banging that drum of yours.

Just a thought like.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #9378: Sep 16, 2016 12:09:11 am
      lfc across the water?

Would prefer him under the water to be honest.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,875 posts | 704 
      Reply #9379: Sep 16, 2016 12:19:26 am
      Quote from waltonl4
      he is a top bloke and has done so much for local charities along with his wife Monse who works so hard for those less fortunate . He is one of us you are definitely not.

What he is one of, is a Madridista, as he reminded everyone of when he paid the price for his disastrous time there.

His family and local work is a private matter between him and those concerned, so I have no comment to make about it.

Quote from mcarz
      So let me get this right, Rafa takes the blame for the 28 matches that Steve McLaren fu**ed up even though he only took charge for 10 games? Some of those games included a North-East derby, Spurs, Man City, Liverpool, Southampton & the eventual Champions.

When he showed up, they were just one point from survival. When they got there, they had a three point banker at an already relegated Villa, where a win would have probably kept them up. He didn't win it, and he didn't keep them up. If he did beat the drop, he would have taken all the credit. So at least some of the responsibility for not doing so, must lay at his door.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #9380: Sep 16, 2016 12:22:22 am
      What he is one of, is a Madridista, as he reminded everyone of when he paid the price for his disastrous time there.

His family and local work is a private matter between him and those concerned, so I have no comment to make about it.

When he showed up, they were just one point from survival. When they got there, they had a three point banker at an already relegated Villa, where a win would have probably kept them up. He didn't win it, and he didn't keep them up. If he did beat the drop, he would have taken all the credit. So at least some of the responsibility for not doing so, must lay at his door.

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,466 posts | 4591 
      Reply #9381: Sep 17, 2016 04:33:32 pm
      Doing a bit if a Burnley against us... 71% possession & 0-2 down at home to Wolves ....

Bizarre result after chinning QPR 0-6 away.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,199 posts | 4408 
      Reply #9382: Sep 28, 2016 09:45:35 pm
      Two goals in injury time to win 4-3 only Rafa.......
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,231 posts | 1223 
      Reply #9383: Sep 28, 2016 09:57:26 pm
      Two goals in injury time to win 4-3 only Rafa.......

Fookin' hell, what a result! Saw it at 2-3 down thinking Norwich (one of the favourites to go up) had it in the bag...

Good times for the man

Quick Reply