Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Rafael Benitez Discussion Thread

Read 1100995 times
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Re: Rafael Benitez Discussion Thread
      Reply #9591: May 16, 2017 02:04:41 am
      He's such a different cat, old mate Rafa. As I saw someone say here, not many other managers with his CV would have taken the Newcastle job. I'll be wary when we come up against them next season, but nothing but respect for the man. Great to see him still doing so much for Liverpool as well, there's no former managers around that do as much as he does considering he's still working!

Which one of them getting the photo do we think was lfc across the water then :D

Just look for this hat.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6358 
      Reply #9592: May 16, 2017 02:39:11 am

That's because he's not interested in notoriety or fame. He truly cares about people. He's got ideals and values, that's also why he stuck with Newcastle when he could have bolted. Class act all the way.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #9593: May 16, 2017 08:17:19 am
      Chelsea were really struggling and Rafa really helped them. Who knows what would have happened to Chelsea without him. He is a real caring guy, trying to make sure Liverpool players have somewhere to play football by attempting to sign them. I can see why he turned down the offers from all those top clubs to stay at Newcastle. Cant wait to play Newcastle this season where Rafa loves Liverpool that much he won't celebrate a Newcastle goal.
      « Last Edit: May 16, 2017 08:22:54 am by Ribapuru »
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,421 posts | 4581 
      Reply #9594: May 16, 2017 10:46:10 am
      Chelsea were really struggling and Rafa really helped them. Who knows what would have happened to Chelsea without him. He is a real caring guy, trying to make sure Liverpool players have somewhere to play football by attempting to sign them. I can see why he turned down the offers from all those top clubs to stay at Newcastle. Cant wait to play Newcastle this season where Rafa loves Liverpool that much he won't celebrate a Newcastle goal.

I can't recall Rafa ever celebrating a goal against Liverpool even when he came with Valencia & Chelsea, unless you now different.

I do know he defended Suarez's nibble on Ivanovic & wouldn't give the media the ammunition against player & club.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,178 posts | 1630 
      Reply #9595: May 16, 2017 03:22:25 pm

Shut up you F***ing idiot.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #9596: May 16, 2017 03:40:13 pm

I can't wait to hear you tell us how you celebrated a Liverpool goal in the ground, sometime?

Has Rafa ever celebrated any goal scored by one of his teams?

Seconded.

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #9597: May 16, 2017 03:44:46 pm
      I can't wait to hear you tell us how you celebrated a Liverpool goal in the ground, sometime?

Has Rafa ever celebrated any goal scored by one of his teams?

Seconded.

I was just about to post that about Rafa not celebrating. I still remember him during the Champions League semi-final penalty shootout where he's just chilling on the floor with his legs crossed like some primary school pupil during assembly :D. Everybody else in the ground was going bat sh*t crazy and he looked like he was meditating.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #9598: May 16, 2017 03:52:43 pm
      I was just about to post that about Rafa not celebrating. I still remember him during the Champions League semi-final penalty shootout where he's just chilling on the floor with his legs crossed like some primary school pupil during assembly :D. Everybody else in the ground was going bat sh*t crazy and he looked like he was meditating.

I think the closest anyone got to him celebrating one of their goals was the thumbs up Alonso got for his goal against Arsenal in 2004/2005 season home game.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #9599: May 16, 2017 09:39:28 pm
      I never said he celebrated a goal against us in the past, I implied he could do for Newcastle. He respects Liverpool but is not loyal to Liverpool. He managed Chelsea and from that moment his legendry status was not the same to me. I appreciate he got us a champions league victory, but in my opinion managing Chelsea is not a lot different from Owen going to United. Rafa could manage other clubs in Premier League yet and I can't say that Wenger or Jose are doing amazingly well just yet.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #9600: May 16, 2017 09:41:52 pm
      I never said he celebrated a goal against us in the past, I implied he could do for Newcastle. He respects Liverpool but is not loyal to Liverpool. He managed Chelsea and from that moment his legendry status was not the same to me. I appreciate he got us a champions league victory, but in my opinion managing Chelsea is not a lot different from Owen going to United. Rafa could manager other clubs in Premier League yet and I can't say that Wenger or Jose are doing amazingly well just yet.

I think the closest anyone got to him celebrating one of their goals was the thumbs up Alonso got for his goal against Arsenal in 2004/2005 season home game.

Don't forget the one that kissed Allardyce off after Kuyt scored vs Blackburn.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #9601: May 16, 2017 09:49:55 pm
      Arsenal will probably go knocking on Newcastle's door for Benitez if we beat Middlesbrough on Sunday. He's got to be on Arsenal's shortlist.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #9602: May 16, 2017 11:49:08 pm
      Arsenal will probably go knocking on Newcastle's door for Benitez if we beat Middlesbrough on Sunday. He's got to be on Arsenal's shortlist.

Why when Wenger's gonna sign a new two year contract?

Even that lot on ArsenalFanTv have accepted it :lmao:
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #9603: May 17, 2017 03:58:51 pm
      Why when Wenger's gonna sign a new two year contract?
      Clinging on like sh*t to a blanket.  ;D

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #9604: May 17, 2017 04:00:57 pm
      Clinging on like sh*t to a blanket.  ;D

Genuinely giggling like a tw*t over that post ;)

It's the simple things sometimes!
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #9605: Jul 23, 2017 07:21:50 pm
      Lucas departure means the last link with the Rafa regime has passed. If we look back at his last game in charge against Hull, how did the rest of them that day fare, when they left for pastures new.

Reina, Mascherano, Agger, Kyrgiakos, Carragher, Lucas, Gerrard, Kuyt, Babel, Aquilani, El Zhar.

Reina: He wanted to leave immediately. He had to when he was replaced 3 years later. His career went down the toilet.

Masch: Made it clear he was off whoever was in charge in August. So off he went for a handy gig in Spain where he didn't have to score goals, nor do much to keep them out.

Agger: Stayed on until 2014 when he went back to Denmark. Now retired.

Kyrgiakos: The less said, the better.

Carragher: Stayed on until 2013, after rejecting Rodgers offer of an extra year. So off he went to commentate on our title challenge, and tell his audience why our generous defence couldn't win it that year.

Gerrard: Stayed on until 2015, having enjoyed his first "proper title challenge" in 2014. With us 8th in the league, he handed in his notice on New Years Day, and went off to play half pace football in the USA. Now back as a coach, trying to help the next generation turn a challenge into a trophy.

Kuyt: Stayed on for a couple of years as everyone re adjusted to life after Rafa. Scored Kenny's only home goal in Europe, and in the LC Final. Went off to play in Turkey then Holland, where he did win a league title 7 years later.

Babel: Didn't last much longer. Hasn't pulled up many trees since.

Aquilani: See Kyrgiakos
      El Zhar: See Kyrgiakos

And the best of the rest:...

Torres: Walked out on Dalglish 6 months later, and his career ended up like Reina's.

Skrtel: The only one bar Lucas to play under every coach here since. Reached his peak in 2014, when he was the best scoring centre back in the league. Just a shame he was still a danger in his own box, and was packed off to Turkey in 2016.

Owners: After the Hull game, the power battle raged on. Rafa didn't even wait to leave Hull that day before he found a new target to fire at: Purslow. He left the following year after overseeing the new broom sweep into town. They all left within 12 months; Rafa, G&H, Purslow, Broughton, while Ian Ayre finally gave up the ghost in 2017. Lucas survived them all, and unlike the rest, will always be welcomed back.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #9606: Jul 23, 2017 07:47:47 pm
      Gerrard: Stayed on until 2015, having enjoyed his first "proper title challenge" in 2014.

Another pathetic F***ing dig!!

So 2009 or even 2002 when you know Gerrard was still a part of the squad wasn't a title challenge then?

RedWilly

• 9,178 posts | 1630 
      Reply #9607: Jul 24, 2017 04:57:10 pm
      Lucas departure means the last link with the Rafa regime has passed. If we look back at his last game in charge against Hull, how did the rest of them that day fare, when they left for pastures new.

Reina, Mascherano, Agger, Kyrgiakos, Carragher, Lucas, Gerrard, Kuyt, Babel, Aquilani, El Zhar.

Reina: He wanted to leave immediately. He had to when he was replaced 3 years later. His career went down the toilet.

Masch: Made it clear he was off whoever was in charge in August. So off he went for a handy gig in Spain where he didn't have to score goals, nor do much to keep them out.

Carragher: Stayed on until 2013, after rejecting Rodgers offer of an extra year. So off he went to commentate on our title challenge, and tell his audience why our generous defence couldn't win it that year.

Gerrard: Stayed on until 2015, having enjoyed his first "proper title challenge" in 2014. With us 8th in the league, he handed in his notice on New Years Day, and went off to play half pace football in the USA. Now back as a coach, trying to help the next generation turn a challenge into a trophy.

Kuyt: Stayed on for a couple of years as everyone re adjusted to life after Rafa. Scored Kenny's only home goal in Europe, and in the LC Final. Went off to play in Turkey then Holland, where he did win a league title 7 years later.

Torres: Walked out on Dalglish 6 months later, and his career ended up like Reina's.

Skrtel: The only one bar Lucas to play under every coach here since. Reached his peak in 2014, when he was the best scoring centre back in the league. Just a shame he was still a danger in his own box, and was packed off to Turkey in 2016.

Owners: After the Hull game, the power battle raged on. Rafa didn't even wait to leave Hull that day before he found a new target to fire at: Purslow. He left the following year after overseeing the new broom sweep into town. They all left within 12 months; Rafa, G&H, Purslow, Broughton, while Ian Ayre finally gave up the ghost in 2017. Lucas survived them all, and unlike the rest, will always be welcomed back.

Well Rafa will always be welcomed back you f**king nobhead. Maybe not by you but certainly by the majority.

The fact you put him in the same category as H&G sums up how much of a gonshite you really are. 
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #9608: Jul 24, 2017 05:20:26 pm
      Well Rafa will always be welcomed back you f**king nobhead. Maybe not by you but certainly by the majority.

The fact you put him in the same category as H&G sums up how much of a gonshite you really are. 

Nail. Head.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #9609: Jul 24, 2017 06:01:04 pm

Is everything ok at home?
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #9610: Jul 24, 2017 06:09:59 pm

Considering we had all that dross it was pretty impressive of Rafa to make us the number 1 team in Europe and deliver so many trophies then.

When you put it like that, it just makes me realise how good a manager he was, cheers for that.

Rafa!
      Rafael!
      Rafa!
      Rafael!
      Rafa!
      Rafael!
      Rafael Benitez!
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,421 posts | 4581 
      Reply #9611: Jul 24, 2017 06:30:48 pm
      He came from sunny Spain to make us great again..

Rafa Benitez..
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #9612: Jul 24, 2017 07:21:58 pm
      Quote from HUYTON RED
      So 2009 or even 2002 when you know Gerrard was still a part of the squad wasn't a title challenge then?

I'll let him tell you himself.

https://youtu.be/RxGlzqZdAaA
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #9613: Jul 24, 2017 09:21:29 pm

Tell me what that he thinks Joe Cole was the English Messi.

Is there a F***ing apology in there for him slipping over on his arse?

So as if I'm arsed watching it back again and why don't you get back to rimming Trump!!

Quick Reply