Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

Rafael Benitez Discussion Thread

Read 1100708 times
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Re: Rafael Benitez Discussion Thread
      Reply #9706: Apr 16, 2018 06:40:43 pm
      He turned things around at Newcastle. I think he can be a legend there

Going to need a new owner to accomplish that.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #9707: Apr 18, 2018 05:02:02 pm
      Quote from 7-King Kenny-7
      Wow, this is looking pretty daft now. Won 4/4 since we beat them, including against Leicester and Arsenal, can potentially go 8th by winning their game in hand, above the Bitters and well clear of the drop.

Damn good job given he has such a sh*t set of players at his disposal.

Yet Zidane has his team the best part of 20 points behind Barca and in 4th

Zidane is a double European and World Club Champion in his very first job. He is also in this year's European Cup semi finals. How are Barca getting on in Europe nowadays?

As for the main man he replaced, his team were in the top 4 in September. Today we're in the top 4 and have the European Cup semi finals to look forward to.

Having beaten the drop like most clubs have they, potentially, now have an 8th place cliffhanger against Allardyce and co to look forward to. :gt-happyup:
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #9708: Apr 18, 2018 05:42:58 pm
      Zidane is a double European and World Club Champion in his very first job. He is also in this year's European Cup semi finals. How are Barca getting on in Europe nowadays?

As for the main man he replaced, his team were in the top 4 in September. Today we're in the top 4 and have the European Cup semi finals to look forward to.

Having beaten the drop like most clubs have they, potentially, now have an 8th place cliffhanger against Allardyce and co to look forward to. :gt-happyup:

You make it sound like top 4 was somehow sustainable for Newcastle back in September.

Blert.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #9709: Apr 18, 2018 06:36:44 pm
      haven't seen this thread for such a long time but it hasn't changed a bit.
      Just hope Rafa can beat the blueshite next and move above them with his Championship side doing so well in the EPL.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #9710: Apr 18, 2018 11:29:03 pm
      You make it sound like top 4 was somehow sustainable for Newcastle back in September.

Blert.

Heā€™s also trying to discredit the chance of finishing 8th when he was slating Rafa for being near the bottom at one point. Newcastle could win the league with him and still wouldnā€™t accept it.
      Slated Rafa for being 4 behind Top place Atletico and 2 behind Barca in the league (still in Europe, top of the group with 16 points) but tries justifying Zidane being 20 points behind by saying heā€™s still in Europe where as Barca arenā€™t. Never mind the fact Madrid failed to finish top of their group and took a hiding from Spurs.
      Genuinely couldnā€™t make it up.
      « Last Edit: Apr 18, 2018 11:34:25 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      lfc across the water
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #9711: Apr 19, 2018 07:52:13 am
      Dalglish and Robson were their most successful coaches of the modern era, both earning European Cup spots. Keegan gave them a couple of title races too. Finishing 8th is nowhere by comparison, nor is 10th where they currently are. 

He hasn't won a league in 15 years, working or should I say, trying to work with, some of the best players and clubs on the planet. But if you can't manage to get a league title out of the likes of Ronaldo Ramos, Hazard and Higuain, it will be a bit of a struggle trying to get one out of Jonjo Shelvey anytime soon.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #9712: Apr 19, 2018 10:35:06 am
      Dalglish and Robson were their most successful coaches of the modern era, both earning European Cup spots. Keegan gave them a couple of title races too. Finishing 8th is nowhere by comparison, nor is 10th where they currently are. 

He hasn't won a league in 15 years, working or should I say, trying to work with, some of the best players and clubs on the planet. But if you can't manage to get a league title out of the likes of Ronaldo Ramos, Hazard and Higuain, it will be a bit of a struggle trying to get one out of Jonjo Shelvey anytime soon.

🎣

Put it away.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #9713: Apr 19, 2018 10:56:53 am

Did Rafa pinch your girl away or something?

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,086 posts | 8516 
      Reply #9714: Apr 19, 2018 05:47:03 pm

He's genuine about his hatred for Rafa.

Plus as an aside he defends and rims Donald Trump, yet loves slaughtering Rafa.

Sign of a F***ing wrong'un that!!
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,382 posts | 3390 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #9715: Apr 19, 2018 05:50:06 pm
      If this forum still exists in a thousand years i am sure the same old arguments will still be going on in here
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #9716: Apr 19, 2018 06:12:27 pm

Plus as an aside he defends and rims Donald Trump, yet loves slaughtering Rafa.

Sign of a f**king wrong'un that!!

I donā€™t doubt it mate.......but heā€™s still ā€œlookingā€ for an argument........
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #9717: Apr 19, 2018 06:20:47 pm
      I donā€™t doubt it mate.......but heā€™s still ā€œlookingā€ for an argument........

Is he what you fellas would call a "Divy"? not a term used over here :)
      « Last Edit: Apr 19, 2018 07:21:24 pm by AZPatriot »
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,086 posts | 8516 
      Reply #9718: Apr 19, 2018 06:49:10 pm
       :gt-happyup:
      I he what you fellas would call a "Divy"? not a term used over here :)

"Divvy" but yeah spot on :laugh: 
      lfc across the water
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #9719: Apr 20, 2018 03:37:06 pm
      Quote from HUYTON RED

Plus as an aside he defends Donald Trump, yet loves slaughtering Rafa.

Sign of that!!

Yes, it's a sign of holding his football record to account.

I'm quite happy when the thread is quiet tbh, so I can talk about our club instead of his. But when I have to set the record straight about his record, that's what I do.

My views about Trump have absolutely no connection with him in any way, and should not be taken as an aside, nor anything else. Those views are debated at length in the relevant thread.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,086 posts | 8516 
      Reply #9720: Apr 20, 2018 03:41:49 pm

I'm quite happy when the thread is quiet tbh, so I can talk about our club instead of his. But when I have to set the record straight about his record, that's what I do.

My views about Trump have absolutely no connection with him in any way, and should not be taken as an aside, nor anything else. Those views are debated at length in the relevant thread.

Deflection!!

You answered everything I needed to know with that bullshit shithouse answer.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #9721: Apr 20, 2018 06:31:59 pm

Winning two La Liga titles with Valencia, a couple of UEFA Cups here and there, the EUROPEAN CUP, the FA Cup, Coppa Italia, Club World Cup, adored by the purists, respected amongst his peers across the football world. I'd love to see a charlatan like you to hold me to account if I held those honours and level of esteem.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #9722: Apr 20, 2018 06:44:08 pm

And it's what you've attempted to do in repeated fashion, on and on and on and on and on and on and on... zzz... for the best part of 7 years now.

Move along, sir.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #9723: Apr 20, 2018 07:44:46 pm

Nobody forces you to come onto this topic and post.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #9724: Apr 21, 2018 07:12:13 pm
      who was that idiot that said " I disapprove of what you say but I will defend to the death your right to say it" he has an awful lot to answer for.
      Personally I am looking forward to seeing Rafa at Goodison taking 3 points and moving ahead of them in the league with a game in had.
      lfc across the water
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #9725: Apr 21, 2018 08:59:09 pm
      True, I'm not forced. I would rather discuss our European adventures, and the chance of finishing best of the rest in the EPL, and I was happy enough with that until this popped up last week.

Quote from 7-King Kenny-7
      Wow, this is looking pretty daft now. Won 4/4 since we beat them, including against Leicester and Arsenal, can potentially go 8th by winning their game in hand, above the Bitters and well clear of the drop.

Damn good job given he has such a sh*t set of players at his disposal.

Yet Zidane has his team the best part of 20 points behind Barca and in 4th

I think you know me well enough over the last 7 years, to know that it wasn't going to get a free pass.

Quote from Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Winning two La Liga titles with Valencia, a couple of UEFA Cups here and there, the EUROPEAN CUP, the FA Cup, Coppa Italia, Club World Cup, adored by the purists, respected amongst his peers across the football world. I'd love to see you hold me to account if I held those honours and level of esteem.

In fairness to you, you don't, so I won't. I just hold your post to account instead.

Unfortunately, nowhere in that roll of honour that includes that incredible Coppa Italia, is the phrase "won EPL title with Liverpool", despite having all of 6 years to achieve just that. Which is what should be the most important record of all. Also, I don't know what purists you know, but there were not too many adoring him when he went to every top side this season, including us, and parked the bus, or when he took 1 point from 10 games, or when he went on that 5-6 home game winless run, or even when he went out of the League Cup to Nottingham Forest at home in the very first round.

Someone else down the road has an even longer roll of honour. He is with justification now dismissed as, Pulis with a chequebook. Someone with 3 EPL league titles has just announced his resignation, not at the top of his profession, but as someone whose plans and tactics are 10 years out of date.

Next week, we will still be in the top 4, and preparing for the last 4 in Europe. We'll be a world away from 8th and even more so from 10th. That's more in the also ran category, rather than the successful season one.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #9726: Apr 21, 2018 10:02:54 pm
      Not arsed at all about Newcastle but suggesting Rafa has done anything other than a great job there is like ā€œThe Flat Earth Societyā€........
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #9727: Apr 21, 2018 10:19:54 pm
      True, I'm not forced. I would rather discuss our European adventures, and the chance of finishing best of the rest in the EPL, and I was happy enough with that until this popped up last week.

I think you know me well enough over the last 7 years, to know that it wasn't going to get a free pass.

In fairness to you, you don't, so I won't. I just hold your post to account instead.

Unfortunately, nowhere in that roll of honour that includes that incredible Coppa Italia, is the phrase "won EPL title with Liverpool", despite having all of 6 years to achieve just that. Which is what should be the most important record of all. Also, I don't know what purists you know, but there were not too many adoring him when he went to every top side this season, including us, and parked the bus, or when he took 1 point from 10 games, or when he went on that 5-6 home game winless run, or even when he went out of the League Cup to Nottingham Forest at home in the very first round.

Someone else down the road has an even longer roll of honour. He is with justification now dismissed as, Pulis with a chequebook. Someone with 3 EPL league titles has just announced his resignation, not at the top of his profession, but as someone whose plans and tactics are 10 years out of date.

Next week, we will still be in the top 4, and preparing for the last 4 in Europe. We'll be a world away from 8th and even more so from 10th. That's more in the also ran category, rather than the successful season one.

Christ, the little Trumpite has gone overboard in his desperation here.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #9728: Apr 21, 2018 11:36:33 pm

Done a great job at Newcastle. However, he's not in the league of Zinedine Zidane whom could win 3 CL in a row in his first 3 years of managing a first team. What an achievement and has nothing at all to do with modern football and the amount of investment put into the top teams. I reckon Zindane should go straight to Newcastle and show Rafa how it is done.

Quick Reply