Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 10th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P17 W10 D3 L4

Anyone supporting England?

Read 5571 times
      redprint
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 636 posts | 23 
      Re: Anyone supporting England?
      Reply #46: Jun 11, 2010 10:16:16 pm
      do you honestly think Liverpool was singled out by Thatcher. anywhere North of Watford was hammered, or anyone that had a manual job. Yorkshire was ripped apart, as was the north east. Birmingham was the manufacturing heartland and suffered a massive decline, even some parts of London were left to rot.

last time I looked Liverpool was in England and has been for centuries.  many men from Liverpool died in the world wars and following wars, fighting for not only England but Britain, but so did many hundreds of thousands from all over the country and this Island and I am pretty sure that those men from Liverpool were first and foremost fighting to keep their country a free one!!  I am also sure that they would be devastated to hear scousers now say that they do not support their country, especially after everything they went through!
      by the way, i'm Lfc through and tthrough, but will always support my country as well.  I love torres and our spanish contingent, but couldn't care less how they do when they pull on the spanish jersey.  why should I.  How can I.  I have no heartfelt affiliation to that country.  Like my club, I cannot also change my allegiance to my country.
      MrKite
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 475 posts | -2 
      Reply #47: Jun 12, 2010 12:05:10 am
      Scottish supporting, get this, England.
      T-Unit-LFC
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 403 posts | 11 
      • We Won It 5 Times!
      We're Not English, We Are Scouse? - A Myth?
      Reply #48: Jun 12, 2010 12:05:52 am
      http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/not-english-just-scouse

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/eseason/Features/Not-English-ju-19149.php3

Apologies if it has already been posted i did look for it.

It seems that the whole "We're Not English, We Are Scouse" thing is for a very small minortiy.

My opinion - Whilst im as patriotic as they come and love my country and want them to win everything they enter, Liverpool is always my first love, closely followed by England. I'm mega excited for the world cup and i would absolutely love for us to win it, but i will say again Liverpool FC are my number one love.

What are your thoughts?
      Christ
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,209 posts | 40 
      Re: We're Not English, We Are Scouse? - A Myth?
      Reply #49: Jun 12, 2010 12:13:48 am
      I support England,but it is not the same as my love for Liverpool.. you just know in your heart, I will still enjoy the world cup and I want us to win, it will be amazing! but my mind is on next season with us already  :)
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #50: Jun 12, 2010 12:26:34 am
      http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/not-english-just-scouse

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/eseason/Features/Not-English-ju-19149.php3

Apologies if it has already been posted i did look for it.

It seems that the whole "We're Not English, We Are Scouse" thing is for a very small minortiy.

My opinion - Whilst im as patriotic as they come and love my country and want them to win everything they enter, Liverpool is always my first love, closely followed by England. I'm mega excited for the world cup and i would absolutely love for us to win it, but i will say again Liverpool FC are my number one love.

What are your thoughts?

My thoughts are that the official club website is a load of sh*te and you've just posted two links to it. And this topic has been done to bits already so it wasn't really deserving of a new topic in the Kop, was it.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,662 posts | 6960 
      Reply #51: Jun 12, 2010 12:27:08 am
      Being from Liverpool, and I hope other people can hear me out, I've always had a weird relationship with the England football team.

Cricket? I'm a big England fan. Doing the Aussies (apologies to the Aussies on here ;)) is a great feeling for me.  English golfers - always behind them.  Even Rugby - I hope they do us proud.

But football - hmm always been a tricky one.  I mean, Gary Neville, Bryan Robson, Wayne Rooney....?

It's a Liverpool thing.  When it comes to the big tournaments do I want France to hammer England? No I don't. But for the intervening four years I couldn't really care less.

For everybody who supports Liverpool and isn't from Liverpool, I'm afraid this is one of those things you have to just understand.

Some of us scousers

a) really couldn't care less

and then some of us are like me

b) essentially 'bandwagon-jumpers' who will be half-interested. Hope we beat countries we have been undone by in the past, eg. Argentina, France, Portugal, but I wouldn't necessarily go and see the England team parade the World Cup trophy if they were say, more than a 15 minute walk away.

It really is an odd thing.

But yes, some of us scousers don't strongly identify as being English. Just the way it is.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #52: Jun 12, 2010 10:19:29 pm
      ^

What JD said. Except without the bandwagon bit. :D

I wouldn't sit there wishing defeat on them. I know enough people who really want them to win to do sit there and offend them. But personally, I really couldn't care less.

Apologies if that offends anyone, but if you're not from Liverpool, you could never really understand.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #53: Jun 14, 2010 11:05:41 pm
      Being from Liverpool, and I hope other people can hear me out, I've always had a weird relationship with the England football team.

Cricket? I'm a big England fan. Doing the Aussies (apologies to the Aussies on here ;)) is a great feeling for me.  English golfers - always behind them.  Even Rugby - I hope they do us proud.

But football - hmm always been a tricky one.  I mean, Gary Neville, Bryan Robson, Wayne Rooney....?

It's a Liverpool thing.  When it comes to the big tournaments do I want France to hammer England? No I don't. But for the intervening four years I couldn't really care less.

For everybody who supports Liverpool and isn't from Liverpool, I'm afraid this is one of those things you have to just understand.

Some of us scousers

a) really couldn't care less

and then some of us are like me

b) essentially 'bandwagon-jumpers' who will be half-interested. Hope we beat countries we have been undone by in the past, eg. Argentina, France, Portugal, but I wouldn't necessarily go and see the England team parade the World Cup trophy if they were say, more than a 15 minute walk away.

It really is an odd thing.

But yes, some of us scousers don't strongly identify as being English. Just the way it is.

~~YNWA~~
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #54: Jun 16, 2010 08:05:15 am
      I am Korean Supporting England!!!!!!!!!!!!! THREE LIONS ON THE SHIRTTT
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,662 posts | 6960 
      Reply #55: Jun 16, 2010 09:16:30 pm
      ^ I'm guessing you're from South Korea.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #56: Jun 16, 2010 09:40:16 pm
      Im not scouse, but always have trouble truely supporting England. Hate the mancs. Hate the chavs. Far too hard to support them.

At least this time round, there are 3 LFC players playing. I dont find myself hating Rooney either. I still hate Terry though. And Lampard. Fat useless f**ker.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,264 posts | 927 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #57: Jun 17, 2010 12:12:29 am
      Im not scouse, but always have trouble truely supporting England. Hate the mancs. Hate the chavs. Far too hard to support them.

At least this time round, there are 3 LFC players playing. I dont find myself hating Rooney either. I still hate Terry though. And Lampard. Fat useless f**ker.
      Well said

Quick Reply