Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 2nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W7 D5 L11

It's time to prove your worth!

Read 1407 times
      OptimusRobbo
      • Forum Barry Venison
      • Started Topic

• 161 posts |
      It's time to prove your worth!
      Jun 12, 2010 05:33:35 pm
      With the appointment of a new manager hopefully not so far away and the looks of the appointment of new owners to be years away it dont look like we will be buying a lot of good players any time soon so we will most likely have to work with what he have, remember the complaints players had with the tactics benitez used or where he played them with a new manager comes a new system one that can bring new life into some of the players branded dead wood.

I dont like to single out people for criticisim but people like Babel, Riera, Insua & Lucas four players I feel just aint performed for us much or even at all, we have all seen 7-1 thrashing of Betiska (dont hold me on spelling) where Babel got a hat-trick, he didnt have the match of his life but he produced goals could this be a more usual thing under a new manager? could Lucas show us the player we saw on his debut against Everton?

What do you guys think? personally for me I could see Babel & Lucas showing more of the players they were before Benitez got them, but for Riera I cant see him in a LFC shirt again and im currently unsure on Insua.

But one thing im sure on we can welcome back the 442 :)
      « Last Edit: Jun 12, 2010 05:55:36 pm by Bpatel »
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Re: Its time to prove your worth!.
      Reply #1: Jun 12, 2010 05:43:30 pm
      I dont like to single out people for criticisim but people like Babel, Riera, Insua & Lucas four players I feel just aint performed for us much or even at all, we have all seen 7-1 thrashing of Betiska (dont hold me on spelling) where Babel got a hat-trick

Or the scoreline?

8-0 It was against Besiktas. :D And Yossi got the hat-trick. Babel scored two, including a flukey shot off someones back at the end.

I get what you're saying though. It's time for all of our players to prove their worth to the club, especially the players who under performed last year.   

The problem I see though, is that if we get a divvy manager in and the two lying beauts are still custodians of our great club, we aren't going to be worth staying with. There is no denying that. We are back in a transition period and we can only hope that players will want to stay and help us improve.

If key players stay, and subsequently improve in form over last year, then we may be fine. But the chances of both happening on all fronts are slim. We need some of them to improve at least, and hopefully a new player or two (Jovanovich and Turan?) who could make a difference. Providing we miraculously have a transfer budget more than £10m and we can use money raised in sales.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,560 posts | 1793 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #2: Jun 12, 2010 05:53:35 pm
      maybe. We shall see.

New Manager might ship those mentioned out tho.
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #3: Jun 12, 2010 05:54:14 pm
      we have all seen 7-1 thrashing of Betiska (dont hold me on spelling) where Babel got a hat-trick, he didnt have the match of his life but he produced goals could this be a more usual thing under a new manager? could Lucas show us the player we saw on his debut against Everton?

I would agree with you assessment about Reira the sooner he goes the better, I think the money from the sale of Babel could be put to better use, Lucas is a decent squad player Insua is still young decent going forward and shocking at defending. We need a solid first choice left back.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,350 posts | 1533 
      Re: It's time to prove your worth!
      Reply #4: Jun 13, 2010 12:20:48 am
      Occasionally when a new manager moves into a club. The big names get shipped out. Just so every one is aware of who's  boss. Some don't like senior players with too much clout when they move to new clubs. Beware, even if you prove your worth, your current standing may be too much for the new boss. !
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #5: Jun 13, 2010 11:44:48 am
      Occasionally when a new manager moves into a club. The big names get shipped out. Just so every one is aware of who's  boss. Some don't like senior players with too much clout when they move to new clubs. Beware, even if you prove your worth, your current standing may be too much for the new boss. !
      No new boss is going to want to "ship out" our big names, especialy if he doesn't have much to spend on replacements.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #6: Jun 13, 2010 12:02:31 pm
      But regardless of whether they want to or not, they're not going to have the power to stop the Yanks from doing so, like Rafa did.
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #7: Jun 13, 2010 12:02:46 pm
      Occasionally when a new manager moves into a club. The big names get shipped out. Just so every one is aware of who's  boss.

I don't buy that for one second. No-one in their right mind is going to ship out the best players just to show who's boss.

In fact, i think letting go of your best players is probably the quickest way to lose a dressing room.

Quick Reply