Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 26th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W7 D0 L3

The Amazing Race

Read 2799 times
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      The Amazing Race
      Jun 11, 2010 01:33:28 pm

As the title suggests, does anybody watch this Race?

This reality TV series has been in existence since 2001, with Phil Keoghan being the host and the winner of the Race winning a prize purse of US$1 million. There has been 16 previous seasons and the sevententh season reportedly in film. In this race, teams of 2 go through various continents, countries and cities, spanning over 40,000 miles to race for US$1 million. There are about 11-13 legs in each season, with most of them being elimination legs and the small minority being non-elimination legs.

The objective of the race is to navigate your way around the globe with a certain amount of cash, without cellphones, computers, or any electronic devices in the fastest time possible.The only greatest asset a person can have is his/her teammate. Teams race to clue-boxes, do detours or roadblocks, and finally at the end of the leg, check in at the Amazing Race mat. The last team to arrive may be eliminated.

Thus, elimination continues until there are 3 teams remaining. The final 3 teams will race to the finish line for the big $.

What keeps me hooked on this race is being able to see different places from the comfort from my home in just 1 hour! 
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,882 posts | 6816 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: The Amazing Race
      Reply #1: Jun 11, 2010 11:46:49 pm
      ROF, I haven't missed a series yet mate. One of my fave shows. Me and the missus sit there and with each challenge decide who would do what.

Of course I always do the brawny, macho stuff and she does anything to do with eating  ;D

We've always wanted to enter it but I'm pretty certain you have to be a US Citizen to get on the show.

Australia have a cheap version of the show but only 3 couples and you only win $500 bucks  :-\ . Not enough to get me of the lounge mate.  ;)
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #2: Jun 11, 2010 11:49:42 pm
      I'm sure you can enter "The Amazing Race Race Asia", can't you, AussieRed?

I used to watch it alot but just like Survivor, Pirate Master, Fear Factor and such, it will get boring after so many seasons.
      redsonfire
      • Started Topic

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #3: Jun 13, 2010 10:53:36 am
      :laugh: At least we're on the same page AussieRed!! I thought I am the only idiot who loves watching it because there isn't many people here who love the show, although a good number of people follow the progress of it! Since the inception of the show in 2001 I only watched about 8 seasons though.

My favourite team from what I have watched so far has to be Jet & Cord, while the biggest dickhead has to be Jonathan - from season 6. I'm currently stalking the progress of the filming for the 17th edition and Youtube comedian 'KevJumba' and his dad is one of the contestants.

Yeah Ad but out of all of them I like Amazing Race the most. Pretty because Survivor is spent in a jungle, Fear Factor is eating snails etc. While for Amazing Race they get to go different places and see many different challenges. See places I've never imagined they were in existence.

Just can't wait for the new season though. My Mondays are boring when there isn't Amazing Race on!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,882 posts | 6816 
      Reply #4: Jun 13, 2010 10:41:30 pm
      I'm sure you can enter "The Amazing Race Race Asia", can't you, AussieRed?

I used to watch it alot but just like Survivor, Pirate Master, Fear Factor and such, it will get boring after so many seasons.

Didn't even know there was an Amazing race Asia. Might look into it.

ROF, Jet and Cord were one of my fave teams too mate.

I just love Phil Keogh, think he's great for the show always making me laugh.

I remember Rob and Amber. She was hot and Rob was just the most competitive, kaniving, cunning bloke who has ever run the race.

Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #5: Jun 13, 2010 11:00:14 pm
      I think I remember Rob and Amber but can't remember from which season.

I remember season 3 very well. The twins were like favourites but made a mistake in one of the legs and eventually got eliminated.

Also watched the one where the Asian-Americans won.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,882 posts | 6816 
      Reply #6: Jun 13, 2010 11:28:52 pm
      Yeah remember that one where the Asian Americans one, they were brother and sister weren't they? And she was pretty hot if memory serves me correct.
      redsonfire
      • Started Topic

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #7: Jun 14, 2010 09:58:18 am
      Rob and Amber participated in Amazing Race 7 where they finished 2nd behind Uchenna and Joyce. By just a mere 2 minutes! Geez, that must be hard to take! They also participated in the all-star edition where they were booted out in the 4th leg after winning 3 consecutive legs in a row.

Phil makes me laugh! He's just the kind of person suited to lead the Amazing Race eh! Thought from Season 3 Teri and Ian were good. They were quite old but they finished 2nd and they also performed admirably in all-stars. Danny and Oswald are a good pair as well, and I think Dustin and Kandice are also hotttttt. ;)

The Asian-Americans are Tammy & Victor, isn't it? I remember watching that season and they were a very consistent team, always among the top 3 placings. I also like Margie and Luke, Luke's deaf and his communication with his mum is just brilliant.

After watching AR17 I am just extremely angry that the brothers Dan and Jordan won. They didn't deserve to win and didn't appeal to me at all! More so when they decided to cut the cowboys' queue at the airport and then sweet talked with the air stewards into getting front seats in first class, which essentially give them a 15-20 minute lead. Those lesbians in AR17 really annoyed the hell out of me too.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #8: Jun 14, 2010 11:31:56 am
      Yeah remember that one where the Asian Americans one, they were brother and sister weren't they? And she was pretty hot if memory serves me correct.

:lmao: That's why I remember her. Shame they were siblings :( Couple dating would have been more fun :P

I remember Rob and Amber now because I remember reading them meeting on Survivor.

In AR3, I was really expecting Derek and Drew to win it easily because they were very athletic and fit. I remember that one very well because they went to Singapore and met Phua Chu Kang :lmao: Then one leg, they missed a clue box but still got on to the pitstop and had to go back and eventually finished last.
      redsonfire
      • Started Topic

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #9: Jun 16, 2010 04:15:23 am
      Phua Chu Kang :lmao: Singapore's most famous celebrity.

I still remember Nick and Starr, they are also siblings and Starr is a hot babe ;)
      redsonfire
      • Started Topic

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #10: Jun 16, 2010 07:35:39 pm
      Amazing Race Season 17 has just finished filming!! Was looking through 'Reality Fan Forum' for AR17 Spoilers and it was said that the final leg was on 15th June, apparently. So probably it's all over by now.

One of AR17's contestants, who was revealed on RFF, was known to be Gary Ervin and his daughter. I did a prompt search on Facebook and it came up with this..
      --------------------
      Gary Ervin Going on a hunting trip out of the country as of tomorrow no cell phone, TV, or computer, see everyone in a month.
      20 May at 21:32
      --------------------
      Gary Ervin  I am back getting my phone fix.
      15 minutes ago via Mobile Web

Quick Reply