Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 6th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W0 D1 L2

Brazil 2-1 North Korea (Group G)

Read 11348 times
      __ingo
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 122 posts |
      • Brazilian Red ;)
      Re: Brazil 2-1 North Korea (Group G)
      Reply #138: Jun 15, 2010 10:35:46 pm
      YEEEEEEEEEEEEES hahaha

Was really pissed of at the first half. We played sh*t, even tough Korea was defending well, we had no creativity whatsoever. Really liked Robinho and Maicon. Juan, as always, was class at defense.

On the negative side, Kaka, Luis Fabiano and our defensive midfielders had a sh*t game. Hope to see more from them.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #139: Jun 15, 2010 10:35:49 pm
      Still think Ronaldinho is a massive player to leave out, even as a squad member surely he is useful.

Must be attitude related, surely?

How he isn't there when Gilberto Silva is I don't know.

Fair point.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #140: Jun 15, 2010 10:36:28 pm
      How he isn't there when Gilberto Silva is I don't know.

Exactly.

F***ing boss Lucas.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #141: Jun 15, 2010 10:36:46 pm

BRASIL BRASIL!!!
      __ingo
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 122 posts |
      • Brazilian Red ;)
      Reply #142: Jun 15, 2010 10:40:20 pm
      Next game will be decisive for Brasil. If we draw against Ivory Coast, and Portugal beats Korea for a greater goal margin, we will basically be forced to win against Portugal in the last game. Or hope that the little guys hold back Drogba :D

I'm worried.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #143: Jun 15, 2010 10:46:20 pm
      I really don't see the point in Brasil playing Melo and Gilberto Silva.

Why not play Melo in the holding role and have Ramires on instead for example.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,335 posts | 2836 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #144: Jun 16, 2010 02:29:35 am
      f***in sh*t. We were f***in sh*t. I don't even want to talk about it.

Yet.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,335 posts | 2836 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #145: Jun 16, 2010 02:38:17 am
      Actually I think we werent that bad. North Korea looked much better than I expected. But if we are already having difficult times against such a weak team, than it's very worrying. I've always feared games against defensive teams cause one of this Brazilian team under Dunga main strenghts is the counter attack. Also, conceading a goal pissed me off. (Totally ruined my prediction and took a few points off Maicon on Fantasy game :( :P)

redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #146: Jun 16, 2010 04:06:13 am
      Chill out Diego!! You've got it wrong Redkenny, our Diego isn't quite buzzing!! ;)

I caught the first half (Yeah because it was at an unearthly hour of 2:30AM here) and both Brazil and North Korea played well. Most of the possession went to Brazil while I thought North Korea was happy to sit back and wait for a chance to counter attack. I thought Robinho and Maicon were exceptionally good, they exploited the space down the flanks well.

I still maintain that North Korea lined a brick wall in front of goal with the intention of waiting for an opportunity to counter attack. There were moments in the game where Brazil had extraordinary amounts of possession but space in the centre was limited and there were easily 6-7 DRK's players in the box when Brazil tried attacking, and that was the reason why lots of Brazil players were trying their luck from outside the box.

It was a good half though, but looking at Brazil's team I ain't impressed, how are they number 1 in the world? Having Gilberto Silva in the starting line up, Baptista, Gomes, Kleberson among the subs? Thought they should have called Ronaldinho up, and I thought Nilmar was left out as well but somehow he's in the subs bench..?
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #147: Jun 16, 2010 05:13:05 am
      Chill out Diego!! You've got it wrong Redkenny, our Diego isn't quite buzzing!! ;)

I caught the first half (Yeah because it was at an unearthly hour of 2:30AM here) and both Brazil and North Korea played well. Most of the possession went to Brazil while I thought North Korea was happy to sit back and wait for a chance to counter attack. I thought Robinho and Maicon were exceptionally good, they exploited the space down the flanks well.

I still maintain that North Korea lined a brick wall in front of goal with the intention of waiting for an opportunity to counter attack. There were moments in the game where Brazil had extraordinary amounts of possession but space in the centre was limited and there were easily 6-7 DRK's players in the box when Brazil tried attacking, and that was the reason why lots of Brazil players were trying their luck from outside the box.

It was a good half though, but looking at Brazil's team I ain't impressed, how are they number 1 in the world? Having Gilberto Silva in the starting line up, Baptista, Gomes, Kleberson among the subs? Thought they should have called Ronaldinho up, and I thought Nilmar was left out as well but somehow he's in the subs bench..?

NK didn't park the bus at all. They pressured very well, and very high-up.
      ~~YNWA~~
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #148: Jun 16, 2010 07:49:41 am
      it's hmmm april 25th is the birthday of Kim Il Sung so... patriotic much? XD
      ~~YNWA~~
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #149: Jun 16, 2010 07:55:28 am
      I honestly thought North Korea would have been hammered by Brazil, but looking at the first half, then the second, they're defense was absolutely superb! they lacked speed, and physique, but they're marking and positions is absolute top notch! I now kinda hope they do better in this world cup!
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #150: Jun 16, 2010 08:42:06 am
      North Korea did themselves proud. Got a goal and defended very well. Brazil were average, but i'm sure they'll improve as the tournament goes on.

What a ball from Robinho to find Elano as well!
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #151: Jun 17, 2010 01:11:40 pm
      ChicagoIllinoisLFCreds
      • Forum Youth Player

• 11 posts |
      Reply #152: Jun 18, 2010 11:00:52 pm
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,335 posts | 2836 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #153: Jun 18, 2010 11:10:15 pm
      Hahaha.

I was a bit angry after the match cause I thought we should of done much better, but well, first WC games are never easy.

In 98, we only beat Scotland thanks to an own goal. 2002, cause of a penalty that was actually a foul outside the area. 2006, a very poor performance in a 1-0 win vs Croatia.
      jake15919
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 359 posts | 14 
      • Something, something, something, the dark side.
      Reply #154: Jun 19, 2010 11:22:10 am

Brilliant.

Think England should try something like this this morning.

Quick Reply