Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 2nd of June and on this date LFC's match record is P4 W3 D0 L1

Anelka kicked out of French Squad.

Read 5745 times
      MsGerrard
      Anelka kicked out of French Squad.
      Jun 19, 2010 09:52:19 pm
      http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/world-cup-2010/teams/france/7840438/World-Cup-2010-Nicolas-Anelka-kicked-out-of-France-squad.html

World Cup 2010: Nicolas Anelka kicked out of France squad

Striker Nicolas Anelka has been dismissed from France's World Cup squad for insulting coach Raymond Domenech during the defeat to Mexico.

"The decision (to remove Anelka) has just been taken," French football federation vice President Noel Le Graet told French radio station RTL.

According to L'Equipe newspaper, Anelka unleashed a scathing attack on Domenech after being criticised during the interval as France sank to a dismal 2-0 defeat in Polokwane on Thursday.

Anelka allegedly told Domenech to "go screw yourself, dirty son of a whore" in the dressing room at the Peter Mokaba Stadium after the coach criticised his first-half performance.

When Anelka took issue, Domenech threatened to substitute him, and the player unleashed his foul-mouthed tirade, reported L'Equipe.

Domenech's response was immediate. Anelka was replaced with Andre-Pierre Gignac for the second half.

"It's shocking, because if anyone has protected Anelka, it's Domenech," said Le Graet.

"Domenech has played Anelka throughout the past two years.

"There are of course divergences of opinion surrounding tactics and positioning, but it merits in any case friendlier conversations."

Further reports suggesting that a disciplinary hearing has been convened by France Football Federation officials on Saturday afternoon and that Anelka would be sent home from South Africa have proved to be well founded.

Mexico secured victory with two second-half goals, leaving France – winners in 1998 and beaten finalists four years ago – on the brink of elimination.

France require a convincing victory over South Africa next Tuesday to stand any chance of advancing to the second round.

However, this result would be rendered meaningless should Mexico and Uruguay draw in the other match – a result which would see both teams advance.

Anelka's outburst is the latest in a series of reported conflicts to come out of the France training camp during the World Cup and comes hot on the heels of captain Patrice Evra's admission that his side are a football force in decline.

At least it's not just the England team who are having problems  :roll:
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Re: Anelka kicked out of French Squad.
      Reply #1: Jun 19, 2010 10:05:23 pm
      Nice to know Anelka will never score in a World Cup.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #2: Jun 19, 2010 10:15:57 pm
      Bloody hell!
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #3: Jun 19, 2010 10:37:46 pm
      What a tit!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #4: Jun 19, 2010 11:20:44 pm
      Just come up on SSN that he has now retired from International football.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #5: Jun 20, 2010 02:33:58 am
      For one time only I'll say this.... Well played to Anelka because Domenech is going to do nothing but lose them that world cup single handedly
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #6: Jun 20, 2010 12:27:13 pm
      Domenech is a sh*t coach but Anelka is out of his mind to do something like that.
      jake15919
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 359 posts | 14 
      • Something, something, something, the dark side.
      Reply #7: Jun 20, 2010 12:36:53 pm
      Hold on everybody. Anelka is 100% right. Domenech is a total loony who picks the squad on the basis of their star sign! Domenech cost France at the Euros and he has now fu**ed up the world cup. I wish one of the England lads had the balls to stand up to Cappello.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #8: Jun 20, 2010 01:33:49 pm
      You can disagree and argue with a manager all you want, but calling him a son of a whore is way out of line.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #9: Jun 20, 2010 05:19:00 pm
      He lost total control of his team.  I just heard that the entire French team has refused to take the field for practice and they are sitting on the team bus in protest.  Unreal.

Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #10: Jun 20, 2010 05:21:04 pm
      Shambles that.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #11: Jun 20, 2010 06:49:51 pm
      To be honest, i don't know what was said by Anelka to Domenach but i support Anelka in this case. It shows that there is clearly something wrong with Domenachs management that 22 players have refused to train today.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #12: Jun 20, 2010 06:51:14 pm
      Some people wanted Domenech if I remember rightly? I sincerely hope they were taking the piss.

The French squad is now refusing to train from what I have heard? Is this true. Funny as if it is. :D

EDIT: Sorry YANK_LFC_FAN. Didn't see your post.

And... :lmao:
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #13: Jun 20, 2010 08:00:33 pm
      I think Anelka and the other players are wrong.  This is the World Cup. These players train for years to be their and a little shouting match and disagreement and it destroys it for all.  I'm sure their are a lot of French players who didn't make the squad would give their life to be playing.  Not too mention the guys who wont be their for the next WC. Their supposed to be representing their country and this is disrespectful.

I dont know. I understand that a coach can piss players off but, these guys need to grow up, shut the F**k up and play football. Thats why they are in South Africa.  If they have Issues then address them after the Cup and do it when they go home. But for a guy like Anelka, who no doubt placed pressure on the younger players to sit out the practice, makes them all look bad.

I might be old school but playing for and representing your country is bigger than a personal problem with teammates or coaches. You dont f***in' quit the World Cup.  They need to go out like men and play the last match.  If I was French I would be pissed off and embarrassed.

No doubt this NEVER would of happened if Zidane was still their. What a waste.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #14: Jun 20, 2010 10:41:36 pm
      It's all gone completely tits up for France hasn't it.

Thing is, the team now are sort of in a lose-lose situation. If they go out of the competition, they will be absolutely slated by their country. If they progress, they are almost doing a favour for Domenech.

Apparently the president of French football (whatever it may be called) asked Anelka to apologise for his actions to which he replied 'no chance'.
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #15: Jun 21, 2010 04:37:47 am
      Disgraceful isn't it?

If I was in Domenech's position at that moment I would have resigned immediately. I've lost my dignity as a coach, I've lost the dressing room, the players don't want to train or listen to me, then what am I doing at the World Cup??

They're bickering over what I feel is right - expulsion of Nicolas Anelka. How can the player go against the decisions of the coach, then telling him to 'screw yourself you dirty son of a whore'. That is just unacceptable behaviour from a professional footballer, a footballer representing the whole nation at the World Cup.

Then not taking to the field for practise - yet something further destabilising the team. Evra, leading as captain and leading the revolt. Anelka has been sent home, live with it, get over it and focus on winning the next game. What's more surprising is that everyone followed Evra's footsteps without opposition against the FFF and Domenech, experienced heads like Henry etc.

Media knows it, the whole F***ing world knows it, it's over, NO point bickering now, if you want to quarrel do it after the World Cup!!!!

French Football Team - Training ground spat - Raymond Domenech press statement - World Cup 2010
      ozgooner
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 697 posts |
      • P-38 W-26 D-12 L-0 'Victoria Concordia Crescit'
      Reply #16: Jun 21, 2010 05:16:11 am
      Comical ... glad i aint french
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #17: Jun 21, 2010 06:14:28 am
      barrymanulow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,014 posts | -14 
      Reply #18: Jun 21, 2010 11:10:06 am
      The saddest thing about all this is that these fuckers cheated Republic of Ireland out of their rightful place in the tournament.

The French are a dispicable lot who should be banned from International football now for bringing the game into disrepute.

Good riddance to bad rubbish
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #19: Jun 21, 2010 11:23:51 am
      The saddest thing about all this is that these fuckers cheated Republic of Ireland out of their rightful place in the tournament.

The French are a dispicable lot who should be banned from International football now for bringing the game into disrepute.

Good riddance to bad rubbish

With Platini the boss of UEFA there is zero chance of France getting punished.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #20: Jun 21, 2010 07:55:09 pm
      Apparently some of the french players are thinking of going on strike tomorrow when they have to play.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #21: Jun 21, 2010 07:58:00 pm
      :lmao: Go Anelka!

Both idiots in my books.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #22: Jun 21, 2010 08:00:15 pm
      It's a massive shame for the French all this.

If you were French, you'd be a bit gutted wouldn't you?
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #23: Jun 21, 2010 09:04:13 pm
      If I was French I'd still be Scouse.
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #24: Jun 21, 2010 09:24:36 pm
      Nice one. :laugh:
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #25: Jun 22, 2010 12:32:46 am
      Hold on everybody. Anelka is 100% right. Domenech is a total loony who picks the squad on the basis of their star sign! Domenech cost France at the Euros and he has now fu**ed up the world cup. I wish one of the England lads had the balls to stand up to Cappello.

Didnt he take them to the world cup final in 2006?
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #26: Jun 22, 2010 12:43:54 am

No you wouldn't. You be a French smart arse.

Quick Reply