Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 4th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Liverpool want to offload Mascherano.

Read 7786 times
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Liverpool want to offload Mascherano.
      Jun 20, 2010 09:10:01 am
      Javier Mascherano's agent says Liverpool want to sell the midfielder to Inter Milan.

The Argentina captain is set to follow former manager Rafa Benitez with preliminary talks already arranged but the Anfield club may dispute they are willing sellers.

The 25-year-old is still a crowd favourite at Anfield even though he has put off contract talks but Liverpool need to raise cash to provide their new manager with any chance of competing in the transfer window - and persuading other stars to stay.

Liverpool would want close to £30m for Mascherano and his agent Marco Piccioli said: 'Look, I can tell you that there is a desire from Liverpool to negotiate the player's sale and the player is ready to join Inter and work with Benitez again.

'It's true that I have spoken to Inter's Marco Branca over the phone and we have agreed to meet up to discuss the situation.'

Piccioli's comments come as Real Madrid take stock of their bid for Steven Gerrard.

Real believe he is over priced at £25m and are considering switching attentions to Roma's Daniele de Rossi. However, scouts still came back with impressive reports on Gerrard following his performance for England last week.

Mascherano, in remarks reported by the Daily Star, said: 'Me to Inter? Ask Benitez. He is the one who knows more.  

'Rafa is my teacher. I learned so much from him since I came to play in Europe.  

'I am learning Italian, but I don't know anything about Inter. Does Benitez want me? You should ask him as he would know more than me.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1287744/Javier-Mascheranos-agent-claims-Liverpool-want-offload-Argentine-Inter-Milan.html#ixzz0rNITvaN8

Looks like goodbye Masch then!!!!!
      « Last Edit: Jun 22, 2010 01:25:19 pm by JD »
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Re: Liverpool want to offload Mascherano.
      Reply #1: Jun 20, 2010 09:16:06 am
      Daily Mail?
      Mohammad Abdullah
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 478 posts | -7 
      Reply #2: Jun 20, 2010 09:18:34 am
      If Benitez is not looking to destroy the club that he spent 6 years with he should buy his gem Aquilani not our best midfielder. He said he wants the guy for 5 f*cking years so he should keep his word and buy it. If he doesn't do it, then he's a f*cking liar!
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #3: Jun 20, 2010 09:20:50 am
      I'm not at all surprised that the Yanks with their new found control want to cash in on him.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Started Topic

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #4: Jun 20, 2010 09:25:59 am
      It's all over the net mate!
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #5: Jun 20, 2010 09:31:18 am
      :laugh: I hear ya.

Well, Mascherano has always been wanting to leave. I am not sure if Rafa wants to sign him. Rafa surely would love a player of Mascherano's quality in his team but at the same time, I doubt he wants to take most of our best players from his previous club because he doesn't want us to become weaker and go backwards faster.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #6: Jun 20, 2010 09:34:05 am
      If Benitez is not looking to destroy the club that he spent 6 years with he should buy his gem Aquilani not our best midfielder. He said he wants the guy for 5 f*cking years so he should keep his word and buy it. If he doesn't do it, then he's a f*cking liar!

That's just F***ing stupid.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #7: Jun 20, 2010 09:34:45 am
      ORCHARD RED
      • Started Topic

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #8: Jun 20, 2010 09:39:32 am
      Didn't see that! Still, deserves its own thread i think ;)
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #9: Jun 20, 2010 09:42:55 am

^ ^ ^ I see it's "Computers Day" at the home today: but they do need a wee break from all that basket weaving and knitting buckets.  Up next - a trip to a shopping centre.... ;D

Didn't see that! Still, deserves its own thread i think ;)

No baw OR.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #10: Jun 20, 2010 10:58:03 am
      I think it's worthy of it's own thread, on the basis that our own board, although they'll try to deny it, seem to be more than happy to let one of our key players leave as long as it's for a tidy sum.   

A sign of the direction our club is heading under these current owners? It's going to be a long and hard summer, I think. :-\
      onecoolcookie
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 653 posts | 10 
      • YNWA JFT96
      Reply #11: Jun 20, 2010 12:32:47 pm
      Regardless of reporting sources, the as designed format of these things usually commences once the player has been quoted as non committal or expressing desire to go. As far as I was always concerned, Mascherano was going this summer; constant moaning about Barcelona, his family's unwillingness to learn English or move to Liverpool etc etc

Goodbye and good riddance, for all his greatness we won god knows how many trophies when Didi played that position and a big fat zero under Masch's tenure. The new boss will have some funds at least to spend...
      linneman
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,426 posts | 16 
      Reply #12: Jun 20, 2010 12:34:51 pm

Thank you for this nice and surely useful analysis
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #13: Jun 20, 2010 01:24:51 pm

Rafa is obviously going to be interested in some of our players as he must rate them as he brought them here in the first place.

You were one of the crowd wanting Rafa out, you've got your wish now take the repercussions of his dismissal on the chin as its what you wanted.
      jonty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,640 posts | 36 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #14: Jun 20, 2010 01:43:24 pm
      Gutted if he goes,
      Would like at least £35m for him, but don't they have Cambiasso? :P
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #15: Jun 20, 2010 02:17:55 pm
      Tbh, I've always thought that Mash will leave this summer regardless of Rafa so this doesn't shock me
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #16: Jun 20, 2010 02:31:20 pm
      Unbelievable Liverpool would want that.

Just shows what kind of fuckwits we have at the top. Money greedy cu*ts!!! No integrity, no morals and no money!!!
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #17: Jun 20, 2010 02:36:02 pm
      Let him go, Lucas can fill his boots I reckon, or get in a cheap replacement in, then a new left back and left winger.
      Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,586 posts | 62 
      • At the end of the storm- Is a golden sky....
      Reply #18: Jun 20, 2010 02:46:28 pm
      Lucas can just about fill his own boots!

Wouldnt be surprised if he left- but would still be upset, i regard Mascherano as one of our best players, aggressive & always makes an effort when he is on the pitch.

But as Carra said- Anyone who wants to go- then go!

Sooner rather than later so we can replace or at least get used to the idea!
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #19: Jun 20, 2010 02:53:07 pm
      Never really developed the weaker parts of his game - ie passing and shooting. So to get a hefty price for him is good. He's brilliant at what he does, but he could be better.

Just a shame the new manager probably won't see a penny of the transfer fee.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,608 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #20: Jun 20, 2010 03:47:16 pm
      Tbh, I've always thought that Mash will leave this summer regardless of Rafa so this doesn't shock me

This.

red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #21: Jun 20, 2010 03:55:28 pm
      He can't be stopped from leaving,he has his mind set on it.Let's just hope we get a good price enough for him which can be used to buy his replacement as well as get a new LB.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #22: Jun 20, 2010 04:35:02 pm
      Replace him with De Rossi.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #23: Jun 20, 2010 04:36:25 pm
      Yay we're a selling club now. Like a Championship team.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #24: Jun 20, 2010 08:28:34 pm
      Absolutely gutted by this, isn't it F***ing awful when we are looking to off load one of our best players, I wonder where that 30 million will go. RBS have no worries this year about there interest repayments. Didn't they say this week the club will be sold before there is a detoriaration why didn't they change that to when there is no more big players to sell to pay interest repayments then we might get them to sell.

Anyone that thinks Lucas can replace Masch also needs there head examined, the pro Lucas camp last year were defending his numerous awful performances with lines like he is not a defensive midfielder he is being played out of position he is an attacking midfielder.

Our 2 worst performances last season in my opinion when he played that role against Wigan and Fiorentina. Both games our midfield was completely bypassed because we were missing Masch.

If we don't buy to replace Masch our midfield will be pissed all over next season. But Don't think there is going to be 2 managers in a row blind to Lucas limited ability.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,264 posts | 2859 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #25: Jun 20, 2010 08:36:00 pm
      I think Masherano's Agent is earning his 10%.

If Barca, and Inter, want to start bidding, then let them, Starting bid £800m and those two can close the door behind them.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #26: Jun 20, 2010 08:39:54 pm
      If we got that fee Red Puppy I'd be fairly confident the new owner would get at least £20 million to spend. :)
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #27: Jun 20, 2010 09:53:39 pm
      Absolutely gutted by this, isn't it f**king awful when we are looking to off load one of our best players, I wonder where that 30 million will go. RBS have no worries this year about there interest repayments. Didn't they say this week the club will be sold before there is a detoriaration why didn't they change that to when there is no more big players to sell to pay interest repayments then we might get them to sell.

Anyone that thinks Lucas can replace Masch also needs there head examined, the pro Lucas camp last year were defending his numerous awful performances with lines like he is not a defensive midfielder he is being played out of position he is an attacking midfielder.

Our 2 worst performances last season in my opinion when he played that role against Wigan and Fiorentina. Both games our midfield was completely bypassed because we were missing Masch.

If we don't buy to replace Masch our midfield will be pissed all over next season. But Don't think there is going to be 2 managers in a row blind to Lucas limited ability.

Well said mate. You've just saved me a lot of typing.
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #28: Jun 21, 2010 12:37:27 am
      masch didnt like weather in uk plus i suppose finishing 7th was the straw which broke the camels back
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,487 posts | 350 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #29: Jun 21, 2010 12:42:16 am
      masch didnt like weather in uk plus I suppose finishing 7th was the straw which broke the camels back

Masch has wanted to go since Barca have been sniffing around. And his wife doesn't Like the UK. He's off, so we'll have to get used to that fact.
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #30: Jun 21, 2010 12:48:43 am
      This.

Go if you want to go Masch, no one bigger than the club.

De Rossi is the closest thing to Alonso IMO,pure class.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #31: Jun 21, 2010 02:47:55 am
      This.

Go if you want to go Masch, no one bigger than the club.

De Rossi is the closest thing to Alonso IMO,pure class.

Much like Totti De Rossi is a product of the Roma youth system and is a born and bred Romanista.

The only club that would tempt him away from Roma would be an ambitious one, with a good manager that has their sights set on winning big trophies i.e. Real Madrid.

There is no way he would leave and come to a club ruderless and managerless.

Gutted about losing Masch though.
      KoPiTee
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 911 posts | 19 
      Reply #32: Jun 21, 2010 05:12:39 am
      Might not be a bad thing if he goes..It will free up the midfield again and stop us from fielding 2 defensive midfielders which i never liked or even understand why Rafa played 2 defensive midfielders . I have this wierd feeling that Lucas and Aquilani will step up to plate next season..His Mrs has not been happy here either
      Its kinda been on the cards anyway ..I just hope that we get what he is worth and pray that they reinvest the money so we can get Arda Turan, We need another quality striker
      asparagus
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 27 posts | -8 
      Reply #33: Jun 21, 2010 05:43:55 am
      if he wants to go, then let him go.. why not we use that money to someone like scott parker?? a very gud replacement i think
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #34: Jun 21, 2010 06:03:59 am
      De Rossi is a cheating knob.
      Mohammad Abdullah
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 478 posts | -7 
      Reply #35: Jun 21, 2010 06:26:45 am
      Well lots of replies to my post, but what's wrong?
      I 100% believe that Rafa should take Aquilani with him for the reasons that he is one of his last signings plus he is Italian. Add to that Rafa believes in him, and I don't think our new manager will be interested in him. Mascherano is a top class player and it's natural he wants to follow his teacher at Inter. Anyway, if Masche goes, we'll have to deal with it..
      ozgooner
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 697 posts |
      • P-38 W-26 D-12 L-0 'Victoria Concordia Crescit'
      Reply #36: Jun 21, 2010 06:36:24 am
      I'm not a fan of his anyhow , i reckon he is too mouthy and undisciplined . If he wants to go , let him i say .

*sits back and prepares to be negged and told to shut my stupid Gooner mouth*  ;)
      TheKopite*****
      • Forum Ian St John

• 433 posts |
      Reply #37: Jun 21, 2010 08:10:27 am
      Masch has stalled to sign a new contract and is always speculating a move as he is never committing himself to the club. I say cash in on him now, if only we could gaurantee that the new man in charge gets that added to his kitty. . . but LFC wouldn't gaurantee that as we have 2 money hungry b*rstards in charge!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,685 posts | 6981 
      Reply #38: Jun 21, 2010 09:23:02 am
      Irrespective of whether you think it is worth cashing on him the fact that the 'board' are deciding transfer policy yet again is another bad sign.

18 days without a manager and counting.
      I STAN BULL
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | -2 
      Reply #39: Jun 21, 2010 10:07:54 am
      Do these thick wankers that are ruining our club really care. Mash is a legend and we should keep our best players
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,890 posts | 6822 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #40: Jun 21, 2010 11:21:15 am
      If and it looks like it's inevitable, that he is going to Italy, slap another 10 million pounds on the price tag because he can now speak the language.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,528 posts | 3466 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #41: Jun 21, 2010 11:24:00 am
      Just a few thoughts, in all the articles I've read it has never said that Liverpool 'want' to sell Mascherano which would be totally counter productive as you would have to spend money to replace him.
      Also how many agents does he have ???????? This guy is different to Walter whathisname and a while back I heard Kia Jorabchian talking about Masch who said he likes the club the place but he wants to win things. There are stories today saying that Barca are looking at him as a replacement for Yaya Toure.
      TheKopite*****
      • Forum Ian St John

• 433 posts |
      Reply #42: Jun 21, 2010 11:27:58 am
      Do these thick wankers that are ruining our club really care. Mash is a legend and we should keep our best players

I agree, he is a fantastic player, just seems like he doesn't want to stay...
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #43: Jun 21, 2010 11:29:49 am
      Oh well, arrivederci Mascherano.  xxxxx:action-smiley-065: chow.
      TheKopite*****
      • Forum Ian St John

• 433 posts |
      Reply #44: Jun 21, 2010 11:39:24 am

I agree, he is a fantastic player, just seems like he doesn't want to stay...
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #45: Jun 21, 2010 11:39:36 am
      Defensive mid-fielders/destroyers, i've always thought, are dime-a-dozen.

If we can get any sort of decent money for a player who doesn't want to play for us then i'd spend some of it on Egidio Arevalo-Rios - a proper, hard tackling Uruguayan "monster".

bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #46: Jun 21, 2010 12:15:18 pm
      We still have to see who takes the job, maybe Purslow is having trouble selling the club to the better qualified and someone like Pelligrino who would fit the bill and be able to hang on to someone like Torres and Gerrard.

As for Macherano the same Mascherano who said his wife would only be happy in Spain and Barcelona, the same Mascherano who kept kissing the badge on both occasions he scored the same Mascherano who signed a five year deal and now it's down to two years he has the club over a barrel, yes Mascha we still remember all the good times why don't you.

I think if he wants out he should be given his wish but at the same time it shouldn't be on his terms, we have a ready made replacement in Lucas who for me was one who can hold his head high for never giving in to the ordinary, Lucas just may turn into as good a player as Masch in the same position, Lucas came on loads last season and he may turn out to be a good buy at six mill.

This year Lucas will be 24 and still learning the only thing that worries me is a new guy may want to change to much and get rid of someone Like Lucas because a lot of fans are indifferent to him, whoever the new guy is he has a wealth of talent here I just hope he don't bugger it all up.
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #47: Jun 21, 2010 12:56:40 pm
      Absolutely gutted by this, isn't it F***ing awful when we are looking to off load one of our best players, I wonder where that 30 million will go. RBS have no worries this year about there interest repayments. Didn't they say this week the club will be sold before there is a detoriaration why didn't they change that to when there is no more big players to sell to pay interest repayments then we might get them to sell.

I think I'll not go and get my head examined just yet I see Lucas as a natural replacement for Mascherano why are so many against Lucas it's like watching the same blog repeated over and over it gets tiresome, what if Lucas was English born do you think you would then say the same, I don't think you would Lucas would be held up as future England international, I believe it as fact, we have no English player of his age with his quality on the ball, none. What we have which of yet has only been seen in glimpses by Lucas is passing the ball faster to the forwards there were signs of it last season and he is still only 23, so from that perspective he still has a little way to go but he his improving every season, it's when he stops improving is when we will know how far he can go.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #48: Jun 21, 2010 08:01:24 pm
      Because when Lucas was playing sh*te last year there was people on here saying he was not a defensive midfielder he was an attacking midfielder and was being held back by Rafa. Giving this excuse for his very mediocre performances.

Lucas is a very average player Masch is World class and is captain of a team that will go a long way in the World Cup. Come on people aren't that blind that they think Lucas can replace Masch. I think he is as poor a midfielder as has been a regular at the club in the last 10 years.

It is also boring Bartman watching the same people defend the average mediocre performances from him and saying he is only 23 going on 24. I've a funny feeling we will be still listening to the same sh*t when he is 28 oh you wait and see he is coming into his peak now. Hopefully by then though we will have been sold and Lucas will only be a distant memory.   
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #49: Jun 21, 2010 08:10:29 pm
      Thing is corbally, I think the real difference between Masch and Lucas is, Mascherano wants out.

I don't think Lucas is good enough either mate but I don't want players here who don't want to play for the reds.

So 'Liverpool wanting to offload Mascherano' is sh*t, but then the player isn't kicking and screaming wanting to stay.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #50: Jun 21, 2010 08:18:20 pm
      I agree Redkenny but neither is our captain or star striker coming out and saying that. That is why I don't personally think the sale of the club is imminent.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,685 posts | 6981 
      Reply #51: Jun 21, 2010 08:19:10 pm
      If and it looks like it's inevitable, that he is going to Italy, slap another 10 million pounds on the price tag because he can now speak the language.
      ;D

Amidst the weight of misery - that made me smile.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,487 posts | 350 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #52: Jun 21, 2010 08:23:03 pm
      May I say I don't think Lucas plays to his full potential when he's lined up with Masch? I reckon without Masch he'd be a shining light in the center of the park.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #53: Jun 21, 2010 08:27:24 pm
      I think he has been awful in matches without Masch with Fiorentina and Wigan away particularly sticking in my mind with the Fiorentina away performance in particular being the worst I've seen from a Liverpool midfield.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,685 posts | 6981 
      Reply #54: Jun 21, 2010 08:55:26 pm
      The way this topic has gone off at a detour amuses me greatly.

The suggestion arises that Hicks and Gillett are now dictating transfer policy and footballing decisions and within two pages we've reverted back to bashing Lucas.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #55: Jun 21, 2010 08:57:08 pm
      Bloody Lucas.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #56: Jun 21, 2010 08:58:57 pm
      Thats probably JD because people are suggesting the lad is good enough to replace Masch which is laughable but I agree it is the wrong thread to be discussing this.
      philH
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 628 posts |
      Reply #57: Jun 21, 2010 09:45:30 pm
      I seem to recall Benitez valued Mascherano at what was it £55 Million when Barca came sniffing, i think we should hold him to his word.
      I'm as much against him fleecing the club as anyone else.
      True Lucas is nowhere near as good as Masch, but he was the most improved player at the club last season, and could well prove his critics wrong his year
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,158 posts | 3385 
      Reply #58: Jun 21, 2010 10:19:02 pm
      If Masch wants out then F***ing get rid of him and give him, his wife and his agent the wish they want. F***ing sick and tired of players constantly making noises about wanting to go, nobody is holding a gun to your head - just go.

The club is bigger than anyone player and will remain to be so. Players much, much better than Mascherano have left and we've survived. Sometimes even improved.

So if he wants out, then the club is only right to want to get rid of him. My problem is that's not the reason the yanks are looking to sell him, they're looking to sell him for their own F***ing interest rates on their loans. And that sort of reasoning behind selling players is gonna become all too common and all too clear over the coming months.
      jake15919
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 359 posts | 14 
      • Something, something, something, the dark side.
      Reply #59: Jun 21, 2010 10:31:10 pm
      When a player moans that he's not happy at Liverpool the only debate should be the price we flog him for.
      Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,586 posts | 62 
      • At the end of the storm- Is a golden sky....
      Reply #60: Jun 21, 2010 10:34:00 pm
      Agreed!

You cant have someone wearing the shirt if his heart is not in it.
      Just a shame the new manager wont see a penny, so in that case- does it really matter how much he goes for?
      number7
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 803 posts |
      Reply #61: Jun 21, 2010 10:48:33 pm
      Masch was a goner since many months ago. When a player refuses to sign a contract extension and comes out with this "I-will-wait-until-the-summer-is-over-and-decide-my-future-then" sentence, he's already planning to go.
      Adios Masch!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,685 posts | 6981 
      Reply #62: Jun 22, 2010 12:54:56 am
      Masch was a goner since many months ago. When a player refuses to sign a contract extension and comes out with this "I-will-wait-until-the-summer-is-over-and-decide-my-future-then" sentence, he's already planning to go.
      Or maybe he was waiting to see what happened with his manager?
      ORCHARD RED
      • Started Topic

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #63: Jun 22, 2010 11:04:44 am
      I think when you move to another country where you (or your wife find ;) it hard to settle, then you have to do whats best for yourself. I'd love him to stay but at least he isn't moving to one of our rivals, unlike Yossi!!!
      TheKopite*****
      • Forum Ian St John

• 433 posts |
      Reply #64: Jun 22, 2010 11:10:13 am
      Adios Masch!

Didn't Stevie say th same thing? i.e. "I-will-wait-until-the-summer-is-over-and-decide-my-future-then" ? I hope the same thing doesn't apply to Stevie!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,493 posts | 8676 
      Reply #65: Jun 22, 2010 12:25:27 pm
      The way this topic has gone off at a detour amuses me greatly.

The suggestion arises that Hicks and Gillett are now dictating transfer policy and footballing decisions and within two pages we've reverted back to bashing Lucas.

I love the fact, people still think we'll have money to spend on transfers.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #66: Jun 22, 2010 12:32:20 pm
      I love the fact, people still think we'll have money to spend on transfers.

And for that reason we have to keep him. I don't want him to go.

We can't be flogging off world class players because none are going to be walking in. He's a part of the spine and one of the leaders - we need him.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #67: Jun 22, 2010 04:39:17 pm
      And for that reason we have to keep him. I don't want him to go.

We can't be flogging off world class players because none are going to be walking in. He's a part of the spine and one of the leaders - we need him.

But the owners need the money more - they couldn't care less if the team him.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #68: Jun 22, 2010 04:47:33 pm
      Which is the saddest truth Debs.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #69: Jun 22, 2010 05:02:38 pm
      Which is the saddest truth Debs.

Shocking mate that our beloved club could come to this - and I doubt he will be the last to go, though I'm quite looking forward to watching the academy kids play.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #70: Jun 22, 2010 06:28:56 pm
      Shocking mate that our beloved club could come to this - and I doubt he will be the last to go, though I'm quite looking forward to watching the academy kids play.

It's a double edged sword, isn't it? And no matter which way things fall, we're the losers in this most probably.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #71: Jun 22, 2010 06:46:01 pm
      Thats it.

Sell a player to pay the debt interest.
      Don't you dare put your hand in your pocket you Yank scum.

Be running down to Cash Converters by Christmas...selling Anfield seats?
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #72: Jun 22, 2010 08:44:55 pm
      Thats it.

Sell a player to pay the debt interest.
      Don't you dare put your hand in your pocket you Yank scum.

Be running down to Cash Converters by Christmas...selling Anfield seats?

I was actually thinking that last night Euro mate.  I guess when the time comes for us to  move to our new stadium every last little piece of Anfield will be auctioned off. 

Think they did the same at Highbury and with Wembley.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Started Topic

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #73: Jun 23, 2010 08:58:38 am
      I just wish any player wanting to move, would come out a say it so we know just where we stand. At least then we might have time to get some replacements lined up!!

I think it's the least they could do for us!
      barrymanulow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,014 posts | -14 
      Reply #74: Jun 23, 2010 09:23:14 am
      I agree with the comment that since rafa claimed he was worth 55mill, thats what inter should be made to pay for him.
      Whether that money gets invested in new players or paid off the debt, is besides the point.

If it gets paid off the debt, then surely it reduces the amount the owners would need to sell the club for by 55mill.
      This in turn gives us a better chance of finding a decent owner.

It is more vital than ever, that any players who are sold at this time, are sold for the highest amount possible.
      paulboo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,146 posts | 10 
      Reply #75: Jun 23, 2010 09:42:28 am
      Like some have said, we need players here who are going to give everything and fight for this club. Anyone who wants out, well theres absolutely no point in having players who dont want to play for Liverpool, F***ing sick of the spoilt attitudes. We are all in this mess together and they should at least stay a season more to put the wrongs of last year right. Masch owes us more than anyone.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #76: Jun 23, 2010 10:38:04 am
      We are all in this mess together and they should at least stay a season more to put the wrongs of last year right. Masch owes us more than anyone.

there's only one way to put the wrongs of last year right and that's the tie the two c**ts who are ruining the club to a barbed wire 20 feet up in the air, dangling from their bollox above the kop so we can throw faeces at them throughout every game.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Started Topic

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #77: Jun 23, 2010 11:52:22 am
      there's only one way to put the wrongs of last year right and that's the tie the two c**ts who are ruining the club to a barbed wire 20 feet up in the air, dangling from their bollox above the kop so we can throw faeces at them throughout every game.
      I'd pay big money to do that!! >:D
      LFCexiled
      Reply #78: Jun 23, 2010 12:03:56 pm

Hows about fuckoff. Cock.
      carheex
      • Banned

• 587 posts | -9 
      Reply #79: Jun 24, 2010 03:18:40 pm
      ......but Liverpool need to raise cash to provide their new manager with any chance of competing in the transfer window - and persuading other stars to stay.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1287744/Javier-Mascheranos-agent-claims-Liverpool-want-offload-Argentine-Inter-Milan.html#ixzz0rNITvaN8

Looks like goodbye Masch then!!!!!

One "small" problem with the above. What if the new manager wants/wanted to keep Mascherano? It wouldn't be a surprise to me if a new manager wanted to build a team around a player like him.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #80: Jun 24, 2010 03:22:54 pm
      One "small" problem with the above. What if the new manager wants/wanted to keep Mascherano? It wouldn't be a surprise to me if a new manager wanted to build a team around a player like him.

A fine point.

If we never had owners with amoebas for brains, it would make so much sense.

Such is the nonsense we have to put up with as a side effect of supporting our great club. :-\
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,487 posts | 350 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #81: Jun 24, 2010 04:19:45 pm
      Fresh Barca rumours all over the net today.

"Barc I hear you calling, but I can't come home right now, Me and the boys are training for the world cup twenty tennnn. Just a few more weeks and I'll be right home to you, I think I hear them calling, Oh Barc what can I do?"

To the tune of Beth - KISS
      Arnie
      • Forum John Toshack

• 249 posts |
      Reply #82: Jun 24, 2010 05:11:11 pm
      Gutted he wants to leave, but at the same time any player who isn't 100% committed to the club shouldn't be here. I understand that Rafa did a lot of Mascherano's career so in that respect I don't blame Macherano for wanting to leave.

I just hope to F***ing god whoever takes over gets the full transfer funds to reinvest in the squad. A decent manager can spread that £30 million pretty nicely over the squad and produce good results.

As much as I miss Benitez the one thing he never seemed to get right was big transfers. Sure he had his fair share of gems (Alonso, Torres) but at the same time he did have his fair share of duds. I just hope whoever comes in can really bag us a few quality players on an Alonso-level.

Quick Reply