Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Rafa Benitez talks about LFC supporters

Read 3323 times
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Re: Rafa Benitez talks about LFC supporters
      Reply #23: Jun 22, 2010 04:43:12 am
      Some people will still tell you he is out of his teeth, never wanted to stay, was only looking for an opportunity to bail out and jumped ships on the first chance he got.
      Brooklyn Red
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #24: Jun 24, 2010 07:03:57 pm
      Just caught up to this now. Thanks for posting that RedBlood.

Whether you liked him or not, you can not deny that the man has class. Thanks, Rafa.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #25: Jun 24, 2010 07:37:35 pm
      Just caught up to this now. Thanks for posting that RedBlood.

Whether you liked him or not, you can not deny that the man has class. Thanks, Rafa.

Many still don't even think that though, unfortunately. Ignorant bas**rds.

Agreed though. All class.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #26: Jun 24, 2010 07:59:25 pm
      Some people will still tell you he is out of his teeth, never wanted to stay, was only looking for an opportunity to bail out and jumped ships on the first chance he got.

And they're so wrong.
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #27: Jun 24, 2010 08:11:02 pm
      To bloody right they are totally wrong.
      « Last Edit: Jun 24, 2010 08:19:16 pm by gareth g »
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #28: Jun 24, 2010 08:18:03 pm

They're not just wrong, they're F***ing idiots who used anything and everything as a stick to beat him with - hope they're happy when elmer F***ing fudd is in charge.

I'm disgusted with some of our "supporters" - fair enough to have a go when things aren't going well, but for fucks sake, how many of these whoppers looked at the off field problems?

I'm afraid it's the fickle nature of the sky generation (or some of them) who live in a society where everything is disposable if instant results aren't achieved, and disposable even when results ARE.

I might sound like an old fart, but I really hate the way we live, where everything has its price, where success is bought, where arse kissing is more important than talent, and where money is the new god.

Rafa is a throwback, a true gent, a man of his word who fought for three years for US - not for any other reason, but for the fans and the club he loves.
      the tagger
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 54 posts |
      Reply #29: Jun 25, 2010 01:03:02 am
      They're not just wrong, they're f**king idiots who used anything and everything as a stick to beat him with - hope they're happy when elmer f**king fudd is in charge.

I'm disgusted with some of our "supporters" - fair enough to have a go when things aren't going well, but for fucks sake, how many of these whoppers looked at the off field problems?

I'm afraid it's the fickle nature of the sky generation (or some of them) who live in a society where everything is disposable if instant results aren't achieved, and disposable even when results ARE.

I might sound like an old fart, but I really hate the way we live, where everything has its price, where success is bought, where arse kissing is more important than talent, and where money is the new god.

Rafa is a throwback, a true gent, a man of his word who fought for three years for US - not for any other reason, but for the fans and the club he loves.
      i think you totally summed up how i feel there mate
      when i think about the whole situation it just makes me want to puke
      onecoolcookie
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 653 posts | 10 
      • YNWA JFT96
      Reply #30: Jun 25, 2010 01:37:22 am
      Not an attack on Rafa or anything of the sort because I didn't mind even for all the trials and tribulations of his reign, but this has to stop. No more "the fans are great" or "Liverpool is special", he's gone now, not only is it pointless but from Rafa's POV its disrespectful to Inter's wonderful fans. Whoever his press officer is has made a few very ill advised decisions.

We are Liverpool Football Club, nobody "makes" us, onwards and upwards. I've said it countless times regarding the players (more specifically Masch Gerrard and Torres) and the same now applies to Rafael Benitez: There was a Liverpool long before him there'll be one long after him. Notwithstanding the less than favourable situation we're in at present, the owners actions, the seemingly ever-growing disapproval of Christian Purslow and whatever else you can heap on to the sh*t pile; one thing is absolutely fundamental to recovery at this point: Support the club NOT the F***ing ex-manager!

Quick Reply