Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 18th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W3 D1 L3

USA 1-0 Algeria (Grp C 23rd June 3pm)

Read 5379 times
      Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Re: USA 1-0 Algeria (Grp C 23rd June 3pm)
      Reply #23: Jun 23, 2010 09:41:19 pm
      Bob Bradley still continues to get it wrong, he's lucky it hasn't hurt us. (Besides giving up early goals time after time again because he doesn't get his team ready to play, should of been another today)

Bornstein over Spector? Bollocks. Bornstein wouldn't get into my 17 year old nephews team. He's horrid.

Then, pulls Gomez for Feilhaber, who definitely played decently but when in reality we needed width, with someone like Stuart Holden, in replace of Maurice Edu. Keep Gomez up top, put Dempsey in behind them and put Holden and Donovan on the outsides to really open up the attack. Instead he really makes a change that doesn't give us a chance at going at the goal much better, it paid off in the end but it was looking very dark for awhile.

Still, impressive, gutsy and awesome stuff from the USA.

Worst part about qualifying through? Bob Bradley keeps his job after the WC.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #24: Jun 23, 2010 11:00:28 pm
      Bob Bradley still continues to get it wrong, he's lucky it hasn't hurt us. (Besides giving up early goals time after time again because he doesn't get his team ready to play, should of been another today)

Bornstein over Spector? Bollocks. Bornstein wouldn't get into my 17 year old nephews team. He's horrid.

Then, pulls Gomez for Feilhaber, who definitely played decently but when in reality we needed width, with someone like Stuart Holden, in replace of Maurice Edu. Keep Gomez up top, put Dempsey in behind them and put Holden and Donovan on the outsides to really open up the attack. Instead he really makes a change that doesn't give us a chance at going at the goal much better, it paid off in the end but it was looking very dark for awhile.

I may disagree with some of the subs.  I would of kept Gomez in. However, Bradley has done a good job. Its our best showing in 50 years. We won the Group ahead of England, with 2 draws and a Win. In reality 2 wins and a draw. They have played fantastic in every match so far.

If This is what we get with Bradley at the helm I'll take it.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #25: Jun 23, 2010 11:03:31 pm

I don't understand.

At the end you say it's impressive, awesome stuff from your side ... yet you want your manager gone?

If his hand-picked XI are doing the job for you, why would you want him gone? Could you enlighten me?
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      Reply #26: Jun 23, 2010 11:51:31 pm
      I don't understand.

At the end you say it's impressive, awesome stuff from your side ... yet you want your manager gone?

If his hand-picked XI are doing the job for you, why would you want him gone? Could you enlighten me?
      Their are 16 Countries right now who wish they could get the result Bradley did.  How could you fault a guy for getting an Underdog squad their best performance in 50 years and winning your group?  Sorry, but I pray he is the coach in 4 years. Its obvious the team is behind him, we scored more goals than any other WC team in qualifying, against Slovenia we had one of the greatest comebacks in WC history only to get fu**ed by a bad call.  You can question some of the substitutions, sure. But the US is in the KO rounds of the World Cup and we have a great shot of even going further. We won the group over England. I still cant believe that. What more do you want.

For any true, diehard football supporter in the US, this is an awesome day. Be proud of our club, they played their asses off and fought every second of every match and their is no other team that deserved more. Think of all those years when we had lousy teams and sh*t players. We have a chance of laying the ground work for a World Cup title in 2014 or 2018.

They earned respect today! Be Proud!
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #27: Jun 24, 2010 12:09:36 am
      Awesome, my two favorite teams went through. USA and England! Being from America I hope the USA can go far, but I still have doubts.
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #28: Jun 24, 2010 12:25:11 am
      I may disagree with some of the subs.  I would of kept Gomez in. However, Bradley has done a good job. Its our best showing in 50 years. We won the Group ahead of England, with 2 draws and a Win. In reality 2 wins and a draw. They have played fantastic in every match so far.

If This is what we get with Bradley at the helm I'll take it.

We made it to the Quarterfinals (and had bad luck there) in 2002. It isn't our "best showing in 50 years"

I think he's done OK, but throughout qualification, there was a time when we were in trouble, and then we pulled through. We keep falling behind in matches really early, that can't always fall back on the players and I still don't think he's played our best lineup yet.

We struggle to control games (today we actually did a good job at it, thought Edu was immense) so why does he shove both Dempsey and Donovan out to the wings? We need Dempsey in the middle of the park, in a completely free role not having to track back, and being able to focus on going forward.

I think there is much, much better out there then Bradley and I worry that his lack of experience, and mistakes will eventually cost this team.

I could very well be wrong though, it's just my opinion of course! I'm behind Bradley as long as he's here... I just feel there are better out there!

U-S-A!
      « Last Edit: Jun 24, 2010 12:31:46 am by El09Nino »
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #29: Jun 24, 2010 12:30:50 am
      I don't understand.

Getting out of the group should be a year-in-year-out thing for the USA now. I don't buy into everyone in the States going crazy because we won the group.

Sometimes I think USA soccer is Ok with "just doing enough" but in reality, with the amount of talent we have, we should be doing this and not be surprised!

We "earned" the respect in 2002, YANK_LFC_FAN.

I'm extremely pleased with the players, don't get me wrong.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #30: Jun 24, 2010 12:55:13 am
      Getting out of the group should be a year-in-year-out thing for the USA now. I don't buy into everyone in the States going crazy because we won the group.

Sometimes I think USA soccer is Ok with "just doing enough" but in reality, with the amount of talent we have, we should be doing this and not be surprised!

We "earned" the respect in 2002, YANK_LFC_FAN.

I'm extremely pleased with the players, don't get me wrong.

But you said yourself, you're playing some incredible stuff. Are you saying you could play better?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,675 posts | 6970 
      Reply #31: Jun 24, 2010 01:00:53 am
      Well in to the USA on qualifying.

I'm sure Robert Green will be treated like a King the next time he heads over to the States. ;)
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #32: Jun 24, 2010 01:01:11 am
      But you said yourself, you're playing some incredible stuff. Are you saying you could play better?

I do think they could play better.
      Brooklyn Red

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #33: Jun 24, 2010 02:18:32 am
      Well in to the USA on qualifying.

I'm sure Robert Green will be treated like a King the next time he heads over to the States. ;)

He did help with the 1-1 win.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #34: Jun 24, 2010 02:21:36 am
      I do think they could play better.

I do, too. To be honest, they played pretty sub par in all their games. Some good football for some parts, but not very good in others. More to the side than what they've shown. I suppose it helps with Slovenia, Algeria and England in your group that you can get away with it.
      ChicagoIllinoisLFCreds
      • Forum Youth Player

• 11 posts |
      Reply #35: Jun 24, 2010 02:29:08 am
      The US had many chances this match, there were at times where they were pressing a bit too fast and lost the ball. What a goal, by Donovan and i'm still in awe this team has given me the emotional roller coaster this morning ;D. I know American soccer isn't favored all around the world, but it makes me proud the team has the attitude of "never say die", but need to be on our game vs. the Blackstars I'm not taking them lightly even with out Essien.

Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #36: Jun 24, 2010 02:41:19 am
      Their are 16 Countries right now who wish they could get the result Bradley did.  How could you fault a guy for getting an Underdog squad their best performance in 50 years and winning your group?  Sorry, but I pray he is the coach in 4 years. Its obvious the team is behind him, we scored more goals than any other WC team in qualifying, against Slovenia we had one of the greatest comebacks in WC history only to get fu**ed by a bad call.  You can question some of the substitutions, sure. But the US is in the KO rounds of the World Cup and we have a great shot of even going further. We won the group over England. I still cant believe that. What more do you want.

For any true, diehard football supporter in the US, this is an awesome day. Be proud of our club, they played their asses off and fought every second of every match and their is no other team that deserved more. Think of all those years when we had lousy teams and sh*t players. We have a chance of laying the ground work for a World Cup title in 2014 or 2018.

They earned respect today! Be Proud!

I know what you mean mate, and I totally respect this USA squad, they seem to be a bunch of very commited players. I wanted Slovenia to qualify but I wanst really upset when USA scored that late goal.

But still, winning such a group wasnt the most difficult task. USA were lucky to be in the same group of one of the worst under-performers in the WC (England). Slovenia were hardly a difficult opponent but they still went 2 goal down - a better team would never need such comeback, to begin with! And Algeria... ! Only 1-0, in the 91th min!

I would be very happy if I was a USA fan, but they could of done better I think. I expected them to. Anyway, I'm looking forward to USA vs Gana, should be an interesting game.
      LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,403 posts | 191 
      Reply #37: Jun 25, 2010 01:19:17 am
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      Reply #38: Jun 25, 2010 02:57:33 am

I love that guy.  He has announced matches for 3 decades or more. I remember those "GOOOOOOOOOAL" calls when I was a kid.

Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #39: Jun 25, 2010 03:56:14 am
      Yank_LFC_Fan, you must be buzzing now  :laugh:

I'm so glad the USA got through. They deserved it and I actually thought they were probably the best team in the group. Really rate Landon Donovan, even though he's played for the bitters.
      ChicagoIllinoisLFCreds
      • Forum Youth Player

• 11 posts |
      Reply #40: Jun 25, 2010 06:50:40 am
      Yank_LFC_Fan, you must be buzzing now  :laugh:

I'm so glad the USA got through. They deserved it and I actually thought they were probably the best team in the group. Really rate Landon Donovan, even though he's played for the bitters.

On the MLS side I hate the f**ker as well but God damn I respect the hell out of him.
      LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,403 posts | 191 
      Reply #41: Jun 25, 2010 02:37:21 pm

Quick Reply