Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Rafa - "Purslow to blame"

Read 14001 times
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,288 posts | 937 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Re: Rafa - "Purslow to blame"
      Reply #69: Jul 02, 2010 10:15:19 pm
      Parry sold us to the Yanks but for Parry the would be no Purslow
      queuepolitely
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 575 posts | 27 
      Reply #70: Jul 02, 2010 10:47:14 pm
      When asked about Rafa's exit, Torres told Spanish newspaper AS: "At this point I think it was best for everyone". I think that's Torres' way of respectfully saying that he wanted Rafa out. So would you have preferred us to keep Rafa at the risk of losing Torres? I certainly wouldn't.

Can you find me the source ? This as far as I can see is not on AS's website... he gave no interviews on the supposed date and the last comments were on the 01/07 about Llorente, perhaps it was only in the papers. What interview was Torres giving to a Madrid only based newspaper in the middle of the Worldcup ??? Not doubting you just I trust nothing I can not source especially as you missed out the 2nd supposed comment Torres made that Rafa had won everything and that the club demanded to much from him... I'm sorry this story stinks....but I will be happily proved wrong.

hobbithead
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 747 posts | -3 
      Reply #71: Jul 03, 2010 12:10:48 am
      If you want to talk about facts, then here's a couple of quotes from LFC greats for you to ponder.

When asked about Rafa's exit, Torres told Spanish newspaper AS: "At this point I think it was best for everyone". I think that's Torres' way of respectfully saying that he wanted Rafa out. So would you have preferred us to keep Rafa at the risk of losing Torres? I certainly wouldn't.

This was part of an article written by Alan Hansen: "After six years under BenĂ­tez, it is definitely time for a change at Anfield, and credit must go to managing director Christian Purslow and chairman Martin Broughton for being strong with their decision".

I think these quotes show that as someone who wanted a change, I'm in good company.

;D, your only showing half the interview. Not only that, your putting your spin on things. You don't work for the board do you?

I take it you didn't see Thompsons article tearing shreds and making mockery of that same Hansen interview. It was brilliantly researched and made him look a lightweight. What has Hansen won as a manager?
      Sheppy
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 29 posts | -8 
      Reply #72: Jul 03, 2010 01:46:36 am
      ;D, your only showing half the interview. Not only that, your putting your spin on things. You don't work for the board do you?

I take it you didn't see Thompsons article tearing shreds and making mockery of that same Hansen interview. It was brilliantly researched and made him look a lightweight. What has Hansen won as a manager?

You're right to say that I only quoted part of those interviews but what other spin could be put on those quotes? Both Torres and Hansen clearly wanted Rafa out. Yes, Hansen has no managerial experience but that doesn't mean his opinion is worthless. I don't blame ex-players like Hansen for not getting into management as it's clearly a massive stress, and being a pundit pays well so why bother with all that pressure? Hansen's one of the best and most knowledgeable pundits around so I'll always respect his comments.
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #73: Jul 03, 2010 01:49:29 am
      Torres wanted our Rafa out???? Where's the prove for that one???
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #74: Jul 03, 2010 02:00:43 am

It's all about interpretation. Torres supposedly said Rafa leaving was best for everyone, but I could, if i wanted to, interpret this as Rafa & the owners were  entrenched in a war that was causing problems & Rafa was better off out of it.
      Sheppy
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 29 posts | -8 
      Reply #75: Jul 03, 2010 02:03:16 am

Here's the proof... A Torres interview with Spanish newspaper AS: "At this point I think it was best for everyone. He won everything, and last year they demanded too much from him". I think that's Nando's respectful way of saying he wanted a change of manager.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #76: Jul 03, 2010 02:05:18 am
      Here's the proof... A Torres interview with Spanish newspaper AS: "At this point I think it was best for everyone. He won everything, and last year they demanded too much from him". I think that's Nando's respectful way of saying he wanted a change of manager.

No, that is your interpretation.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #77: Jul 03, 2010 02:07:26 am
      Demanded too much from him would mean to me that the board wanted rafa to walk on water and raise the dead and win us the leauge on a budget of F**k all.
      Sheppy
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 29 posts | -8 
      Reply #78: Jul 03, 2010 02:21:19 am
      Maybe you've forgotten that we just finished 7th in the league and 23 points off 1st place! On top of that, we only got into the Europa League because Pompey were in administration. I don't think it's too much to expect Rafa to attain a better finish to the season than that! Furthermore, even though I respect Rafa for the 2 titles he won for us, both were won by the slimmest of margins. The Champs League and the FA Cup were won on penalties and so easily could have been lost which would have left Rafa with 0 titles in 6 years.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #79: Jul 03, 2010 02:25:05 am
      Some fans have very short and selective momories.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #80: Jul 03, 2010 02:25:16 am
      Maybe you've forgotten that we just finished 7th in the league and 23 points off 1st place! On top of that, we only got into the Europa League because Pompey were in administration. I don't think it's too much to expect Rafa to attain a better finish to the season than that! Furthermore, even though I respect Rafa for the 2 titles he won for us, both were won by the slimmest of margins. The Champs League and the FA Cup were won on penalties and so easily could have been lost which would have left Rafa with 0 titles in 6 years.

Ifs, could haves & should haves - saying those are easy - 2 goals the season before last (scored in the right games) would have won us the league.  See it's easy.  But Rafa's gone, and whether we agree or not, the vast majority will get behind Hodgson but we'll never be behind the snakes in the boardroom.
      Sheppy
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 29 posts | -8 
      Reply #81: Jul 03, 2010 02:31:29 am
      I'm with you on that. We need to completely replace our board room for the good of the club and I'm sure all fans will get behind Roy. I would've preferred either Hiddink or Rijkaard, but Hodgson is still a good appointment. I hope this is the moment we finally turn a path to Premier League success. Fingers crossed!
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #82: Jul 03, 2010 02:34:06 am
      Nowhere to be seen at the press conference......typical.
      Jpm3
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 68 posts |
      Reply #83: Jul 03, 2010 06:27:36 am
      Sad how this all went down! We all(Rafa too) deserved better! I'll love LFC the rest of my life, so will my son! But I'm not spending another penny till the tanks are gone.
      redpool
      • Forum David Johnson

• 217 posts |
      Reply #84: Jul 03, 2010 11:02:03 am

Haha I sh*t myself laughing at your gem of an insight "The Champs League and the FA Cup were won on penalties and so easily could have been lost which would have left Rafa with 0 titles in 6 years."

Better ask your paymaster Pusslow to come out with more convincing attack lines on Rafa next time.  ;D
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #85: Jul 03, 2010 11:43:35 am
      I'm with you on that. We need to completely replace our board room for the good of the club and I'm sure all fans will get behind Roy. I would've preferred either Hiddink or Rijkaard, but Hodgson is still a good appointment. I hope this is the moment we finally turn a path to Premier League success. Fingers crossed!

...and that's what all this is about Sheppy. Concentrate on the topic in hand mate - Purslow. Coming into this thread with a view to defending Purslow's conduct just because you believe Rafa had to go ain't doing you any favours.

All the pro/anti Rafa debates have been done to death pal. There are more sinister elements to worry about. Bigger threats to the club that you and I love. The facts are simple: Hicks, Gillett, Broughton and the c**t Purslow do NOT care about our performance as a football team.

Way back in September 2009, I wrote this:

Listen lads, there's something a lot more sinister afoot with the Yanks at the moment. These two are F***ing multi millionaires and are savvy as F**k.

Do you, honestly, believe that they don't realise that building a new stadium and investing in players would lead to success? To my mind they know exactly what they're doing and, at this point in time, what they're doing (ably abetted by their bi*ch Purslow) is trying to make Rafa's position untenable. They don't like him and they're trying to force him out.

By limiting his spending they are, quite simply, setting him up to fail.

Some posters disagreed (at the time) but i'd like you to take time out and think about this:

Purslow, et al, were quite happy to sacrifice team performance in order to remove Benitez. When we should have been pushing on, the board were happy to see us fail - just to serve personal agendas. They (Purslow) drip-fed black propaganda to the media and any ill-informed whopper who would listen that the manager was to blame for our "demise". Benitez (love or loathe him) was the one dissenting voice; the one person who questioned their motives.

Purslow was quite happy to destabilise the team and the club to get rid of the thorn in their side. They didn't care about Rafa, they don't care about Roy and they don't give a flying F**k about fans.

Get F***ing real and understand this, once and for all - it's not about Benitez or Hodgson - these cu*ts do NOT care for our club.

YNWA
      « Last Edit: Jul 04, 2010 10:37:48 am by bad boy bubby »
      hobbithead
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 747 posts | -3 
      Reply #86: Jul 03, 2010 02:04:39 pm
      You're right to say that I only quoted part of those interviews but what other spin could be put on those quotes? Both Torres and Hansen clearly wanted Rafa out. Yes, Hansen has no managerial experience but that doesn't mean his opinion is worthless. I don't blame ex-players like Hansen for not getting into management as it's clearly a massive stress, and being a pundit pays well so why bother with all that pressure? Hansen's one of the best and most knowledgeable pundits around so I'll always respect his comments.

;D, you obviously didn't read Tomkins article did you? If you had, you wouldnt be confidently writing what you have. He was stripped to shreds with his assessment of what was going on. Here's a link for you to have read. Read,  then come back and tell me confidently that you will always listen to the opinion of pundits. http://tomkinstimes.com/2010/06/please-mr-hansen-check-your-facts/

hobbithead
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 747 posts | -3 
      Reply #87: Jul 03, 2010 02:06:27 pm

WHOPPER!
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #88: Jul 03, 2010 04:44:51 pm
      It appears that Purslow , our MD, is becoming a little irritated by our desire to communicate with him. Well here is an idea.

Instead of posting all these letters and sending e mails which get junked why not write what you think of G&H, Purslow, and indeed anyone else that annoys you in the Boardroom  on an A4 sheet of paper? Then, at the first home game of the season (which will no doubt be televised)that sheet of paper should be converted into a paper aeroplane .

The game is very conveniently signalled to start by the referees whistle, which should then be the cue for everyone within “flying” distance of the Directors and Press Boxes to fly their planes made up of your “message”  in their direction. Those in the other stands can simply “fly” them onto the pitch.

This has lots of potential:

1.It is fun.

2. It is non violent.

3.Flying paper aeroplanes is not an offence.

4. the Directors box and Press box will be covered with paper aeroplanes containing our respective “messages”.

5. A4 sheets of paper and a pen are not prohibited items at Anfield – ask the press boys.

6. The referees whistle actually co-ordinates the “attack” , I mean fly-past.

7.The games start may need to be delayed for a few minutes, but not postponed or abandoned if enough aeroplanes from other stands land on the pitch.

8. The protest would be beamed around the world.

9. It would be effective even if it were just a few thousand paper aeroplanes (SOS membership)

10. Repeat at every televised home game for maximum publicity!

Of course G&H would try to ban “paper aeroplane throwing” which would be even more ridiculous gaining us even more publicity as we “Fight to defend our right to fly paper aeroplanes” – whose directional flight it is notoriously difficult to control!

Bombarding the directors Box and Press Box in this way would certainly get the message through, and would be exquisitely embarrassing for them to explain. And with several weeks to organise there is loads of time to generate publicity and get the word out – and it doesn’t hurt the team or manager.

Having Martin Tyler's Monkey announce that the start to the game was being delayed while protest letters from fans to the Board were being cleared off the pitch would be sublime.

Already being discussed here.

http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php?topic=31224.0
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #89: Jul 03, 2010 04:46:18 pm
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #90: Jul 03, 2010 10:45:07 pm
      If you want to talk about facts, then here's a couple of quotes from LFC greats for you to ponder.

This was part of an article written by Alan Hansen: "After six years under BenĂ­tez, it is definitely time for a change at Anfield, and credit must go to managing director Christian Purslow and chairman Martin Broughton for being strong with their decision".

I think these quotes show that as someone who wanted a change, I'm in good company.

F**k me, not another one - the yanks and the purslime are really pushing the boat out trying limit PR damage.
      queuepolitely
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 575 posts | 27 
      Reply #91: Jul 03, 2010 11:09:49 pm

Still yet to see anyone prove this article ? I cant find in the paper, I'm going to contact AS and see if they will collaborate this story.

Quick Reply