Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 15th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

Sky news sources: Liverpool "Purslow" talks to Didier Deschamps

Read 6787 times
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Re: Sky news sources: Liverpool "Purslow" talks to Didier Deschamps
      Reply #23: Jun 26, 2010 02:51:21 pm
      Jaysus Res you must have heard of him he was captain of the French 98 world cup winning team, Cantona called him the hod carrier.

In relation to this have to say I'm a bit shocked I thought Hodgson was a shoe in for the job and I'm also disturbed why is Purslow only approaching lads over 3 weeks after Rafa is gone.

They should already have had a man in place, this is becoming a debacle. Very Embarrasing for the club and shows me purslow was so intent on getting rid of Rafa he didn't give a sh*t who came in.

Is there an end in sight or is this clown Purslow going to drag it out all over the Summer.
      kevin~kopite
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #24: Jun 26, 2010 05:32:36 pm
      What type of football do Deschamp's teams play ? Liverpool have played functional football under the last two managers and it hasn't got me on the edge of my seat.While I'm wary of referring to the Evans era due to the poor discipline & lack of focus,I loved the way Roy's team played and would love to see it return though with defence stronger of course.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #25: Jun 26, 2010 05:39:06 pm
      What type of football do Deschamp's teams play ? Liverpool have played functional football under the last two managers and it hasn't got me on the edge of my seat.While I'm wary of referring to the Evans era due to the poor discipline & lack of focus,I loved the way Roy's team played and would love to see it return though with defence stronger of course.

Not too sure, but I think with Marseille he played a direct 4-3-3 system.
      Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #26: Jun 26, 2010 06:35:32 pm
      Fancy him over Woy.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #27: Jun 26, 2010 07:07:25 pm
      Hmm...so long as he woundn't bring in alot of French players like Houllier did...*shudders at the memories*
      thanks2shanks
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 292 posts | 31 
      Reply #28: Jun 26, 2010 07:22:07 pm
      Don't think this is gonna happen. Deschamps has told a local Marseille paper that a manager should be with a club for a long-term commitment and that he's having talks with Marseille about extending his contract.

I'm old enough to remember the days when LFC did its business in such a professional, efficient way that the first anyone knew of a signing was when he was presented to the media at Anfield.

Problem now is, whoever gets the job will be seen as second-choice (at best). It was probably in Marseille's interest to leak the Liverpool interest to show they held on to their man.  I don't see any upside for Purslow in feeding the story to L'Equipe - he ends up with egg on his face for having made a failed bid (always assuming that DD stays in France).

From what I've read, Deschamps is an iron disciplinarian who had distant relations with his players.  Made them champions for the first time since 1992, mind you.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,218 posts | 3392 
      Reply #29: Jun 26, 2010 07:31:06 pm
      Could happen this with Broughton's Chelsea connections.

To break the monopoly of Lyon in France takes some doing, so he must have something about him. Was always a good little player and one of the most complete players the world has seen.

Wouldn't exactly be overjoyed about having an ex-Chelsea man managing our club, but it's not the worst option we've had.
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #30: Jun 26, 2010 07:51:55 pm
      Better option than Woy....

So woy not
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #31: Jun 26, 2010 08:01:44 pm
      He surely has won quite a few titles in his short stint as a manager so looks like a winner to me.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #32: Jun 26, 2010 08:02:48 pm
      If this is true then its an even worse situation that I feared.

The way a club appointment a manager is draw up a shortlist, interview them, pick the best candidate and give them the job.

The fact that over 3 weeks into this task they are still approaching new people says it all about the state of the club at the moment.

I think the most logical reason is that they told the senior players possibly that Hodgson was the preferred choice and they were less than impressed with it so they've had to rethink it to stop a mass exodus as opposed to a few players leaving.
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #33: Jun 26, 2010 08:08:23 pm
      No No No No No Nio No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No Nio No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No Nio No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No Nio No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No F***ing WAY!!!!
      Cardy
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 173 posts |
      Reply #34: Jun 26, 2010 08:10:18 pm
      i
      No No No No No Nio No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No Nio No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No Nio No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No Nio No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No F***ing WAY!!!!
      Is that a no then ?
      the tagger
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 54 posts |
      Reply #35: Jun 26, 2010 08:11:55 pm
      jesus h christ :'(

gone are the days when we had the most knowledable supporters in the world :mad: :mad:
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #36: Jun 26, 2010 09:15:22 pm
      He has no chance of getting him while these owners are still here don't they understand that they are reasons to not join us and not the other way around.
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #37: Jun 26, 2010 09:22:03 pm

I think the most logical reason is that they told the senior players possibly that Hodgson was the preferred choice and they were less than impressed with it so they've had to rethink it to stop a mass exodus as opposed to a few players leaving.

How do you know Hodgson hasn't turned us down, who would want to leave a place where he is loved to a club in limboland, no money for players, no date on these two dicks selling so why would he want to come here.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #38: Jun 26, 2010 11:02:05 pm
      Always thought he was a c**t at Chelsea, still think he's a c**t now, but opinions can be changed I suppose.
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #39: Jun 26, 2010 11:17:57 pm
      How do you know Hodgson hasn't turned us down, who would want to leave a place where he is loved to a club in limboland, no money for players, no date on these two dicks selling so why would he want to come here.

FFS dont come this no money for players bollocks thats getting so fecking irritating, since these owners in charge they have bought Torres Masch Johnson Aqualini etc not exactly evertons or fulhams budget is it.
      crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      • Rebuilding a legacy...Trust, Will, Pride, Respect.
      Reply #40: Jun 26, 2010 11:26:07 pm
      Well it seems Purslow has been surveying the forum, in that case...

Hello Mr Purslime you are a penis, I know you know many languages but I'd like to put it in plain english. You are a cock!

PS Please F**k off and bring the wankers with you!

Deschamps wouldn't be compatible with our current squad I don't think.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #41: Jun 26, 2010 11:31:12 pm
      FFS dont come this no money for players bollocks thats getting so fecking irritating, since these owners in charge they have bought Torres Masch Johnson Aqualini etc not exactly evertons or fulhams budget is it.

And how was that money raised? Because only one season since the vipers have taken us over, has our transfer budget exceeded our transfer sales.  People like to say Wenger has had no money, but very few will tell you that he's been able to re-invest more than Rafa's total net spend from the sale of just 4 players.  We had an average budget of £20m a season in the 3-4 seasons before the yanks turned up, now it's been £4-5 and they have lumbered a huge debt on us.  People who wanted Rafa out before the pair of cu*ts sucking the life out of OUR club, have their priorities the wrong way around.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #42: Jun 26, 2010 11:36:46 pm

Who was sacrificed to bring in Mascherano ?

Who was sacrificed to bring in Torres ?

No its not Fulhams or Evertons budget as Fulham & Everton have outspent us in terms of Net Spending in the previous two years.

Your Ignorance is somewhat LFC boardroom esque.
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #43: Jun 26, 2010 11:37:20 pm
      And how was that money raised? Because only one season since the vipers have taken us over, has our transfer budget exceeded our transfer sales.  People like to say Wenger has had no money, but very few will tell you that he's been able to re-invest more than Rafa's total net spend from the sale of just 4 players.  We had an average budget of £20m a season in the 3-4 seasons before the yanks turned up, now it's been £4-5 and they have lumbered a huge debt on us.  People who wanted Rafa out before the pair of cu*ts sucking the life out of OUR club, have their priorities the wrong way around.

The purchase price for Torres Mach Aqual and Johnson was roughly 80 million give or take
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #44: Jun 26, 2010 11:38:52 pm
      Who was sacrificed to bring in Mascherano ?

Who was sacrificed to bring in Torres ?

No its not Fulhams or Evertons budget as Fulham & Everton have outspent us in terms of Net Spending in the previous two years.

Your Ignorance is somewhat LFC boardroom esque.

How the hell have Fulham outspent us do you actually follow the club or just the first team, try looking at the vast amount of kids we have purchased as well.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #45: Jun 26, 2010 11:39:25 pm

Is your name Purslow?

Quick Reply