Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Sitting Coaching Badges

Read 5393 times
      y2kyle16
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 666 posts | -7 
      Sitting Coaching Badges
      Jun 28, 2010 03:08:34 pm
      Hello,

i am interested in setting up a youth's football team, on my little brothers advice, and would really like to sit my coaching exams (and before you ask - no i dont want the liverpool job!)

was wondering if any one on here has done these/has info on how to do these?

thanks in advance!
      danny8t4
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,819 posts | 51 
      Re: Sitting Coaching Badges
      Reply #1: Jun 28, 2010 03:10:38 pm
      Hello,

I am interested in setting up a youth's football team, on my little brothers advice, and would really like to sit my coaching exams (and before you ask - no I dont want the liverpool job!)

was wondering if any one on here has done these/has info on how to do these?

thanks in advance!

My forte mate, I run my own coaching academy, send me a PM with you email address and your location and I'll email you all the info you need.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #2: Jun 28, 2010 03:16:41 pm
      My forte mate, I run my own coaching academy, send me a PM with you email address and your location and I'll email you all the info you need.

If you hover your mouse over his MSN icon, it'll show you his e-mail address.
      y2kyle16
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes
      • Started Topic

• 666 posts | -7 
      Reply #3: Jun 28, 2010 03:29:14 pm

have messaged you

thanks very much :)
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #4: Jun 28, 2010 03:53:50 pm
      Was interested in doing some coaching badges, also. You know much about it in Australia, Danny?
      danny8t4
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,819 posts | 51 
      Reply #5: Jun 28, 2010 04:13:06 pm
      Was interested in doing some coaching badges, also. You know much about it in Australia, Danny?

Not really mate but I can do a little research if you want me to mate.

have messaged you

thanks very much :)

Yeah mate got it, I will look into it and will email you the details.

Anyoby else wanting to get into coaching, leave a message in here and I'll help with getting you started.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #6: Jun 28, 2010 04:24:21 pm
      That'd be great, thanks. I'll PM you about it.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #7: Jun 28, 2010 04:39:54 pm
      Wow I'm really glad I checked the General Football Forum today :). I was also interested in getting started with the badges Danny, but was put off by the shortage of courses (there were about three over a three month period where I looked), and also the price, which at around £150 is still a lot of money to an 18 year old such as myself.

Any advice or tips you can give would be fantastic, thanks!
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,340 posts | 2838 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #8: Jun 28, 2010 04:52:45 pm
      I sent you a PM a while ago Danny, I dont know if I did anything wrong and if you ever received it, but as I didnt get a reply I thought I was maybe asking for too much. :P So I respected that.

But as you seem open to help, I'd like very much to understand how it works a bit better. Do you know anything about Brazil/Portugal too?

I always ask about other countries cause I would like to have an excuse to move abroad for a while! ;D

But I have decided to try to work with football. I'm applying for a MBA in Sports Marketing & Management (or something like that, dont know how to translate exactly!) that starts in August here.
      danny8t4
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,819 posts | 51 
      Reply #9: Jun 28, 2010 05:14:11 pm
      I sent you a PM a while ago Danny, I dont know if I did anything wrong and if you ever received it, but as I didnt get a reply I thought I was maybe asking for too much. :P So I respected that.

But as you seem open to help, I'd like very much to understand how it works a bit better. Do you know anything about Brazil/Portugal too?

I always ask about other countries cause I would like to have an excuse to move abroad for a while! ;D

But I have decided to try to work with football. I'm applying for a MBA in Sports Marketing & Management (or something like that, dont know how to translate exactly!) that starts in August here.

Oh god yeah mate, I totally forgot about that. Sorry :(. I did start looking at the setup in Portugal for you because I remember you saying you wouldn't mind going there.

I'll get on them all tonight and send everyone details of the local coaching offices and what they should do.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,340 posts | 2838 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #10: Jun 28, 2010 05:20:46 pm
      Oh god yeah mate, I totally forgot about that. Sorry :(. I did start looking at the setup in Portugal for you because I remember you saying you wouldn't mind going there.

I'll get on them all tonight and send everyone details of the local coaching offices and what they should do.

No problem mate, you've already helped with some good info before, anything else is a plus ;D And I'd really appreciate.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #11: Jun 28, 2010 06:38:46 pm
      Just do what people do here, dont do the badges but still do the job. We have good teams so it's good enough ;)
      danny8t4
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,819 posts | 51 
      Reply #12: Jun 28, 2010 07:05:30 pm
      Alright kyle mate, I got your PM and has looked into available courses and stuff for you in the future. You have 2 options available to you.

Option 1 is that you actually approach local kids teams in your area and speak to the manager regarding getting into coaching and that you are willing to help out with the team training sessions and that you see coaching their team as a way to get your foot in the door. A lot of clubs now have funding available to them in order to get more coaches through the ranks of the coaching ladder.

Option 2 is to book yourself onto a course in the near future in either the level 1 or level 2 sectors and get yourself qualified quicker. I have listed the information below for you. (Quite expensive.)

Once you join a club to help train or go for the quickest option of booking a place then you will need to get your C.R.B check done but don't worry about that too much because the company/club you coach for will apply for it as it is company specific. If you have a criminal offence against you then the C.R.B. check will bring that to your new employers attention.

Here is the details for the courses running in the Kent area mate.

Level 1 - Certificate in coachingThis is the UK's most popular coaching course and is the ideal introduction to coaching for all coaches with little experience or knowledge. The course is open entry and participants do not need any experience to take part, just an interest in coaching and the motivation to improve their skills and understanding.

Price: £170.00

*Please note this page is updated manually and places can become avaliable automatically.

Level 1 - Schedule 2010

Day 1: 3 October 2010
      Day 2: 10 October 2010
      Emegency Aid: 17 October 2010
      Safeguarding Children Workshop: 17 October 2010
      Day 3: 24 October 2010
      Venue: 44Two Social Club, Gillingham, ME8 6AN
      Time: All days 9:00am - 5:00pm

Day 1: 7 November 2010
      Emegency Aid: 14 November 2010
      Safeguarding Children Workshop: 14 November 2010
      Day 2: 21 November 2010
      Day 3: 28 November 2010
      Venue: 44Two Social Club, Gillingham, ME8 6AN

Level 2 - Certfifcate in coachingIf you’re a coach with a few seasons coaching experience, you may wish to start at Level 2, as this is still an open entry course, although we do recommend that those taking part without the Level 1 qualification do have relevant coaching experience.Following a period of practice after the course, there is a further assessment of practical coaching ability and oral questions on performance, knowledge and understanding.

Candidates will be expected to attend a Safeguarding Children Workshop in order to qualify for the Final Assessments. To attend a workshop candidates will need to contact mark.bright@kentfa.com.

In addition candidates must successfully complete the online ‘Laws of the game exam’ which can be accessed through FA Learning.

Price: £375.00

Level 2 - Schedule 2010

Course dates: 18th - 23rd July 2010
      Support days: 6th & 7th September 2010
      Final Assessment: 27th, 28th & 29th October 2010
      Venue: Cobdown Sports & Social Club, Aylesford, ME20 6AU

Course dates: 23rd - 27th August 2010
      Support days: 11th & 12th October 2010
      Final Assessment: 29th, 30th November & 1st December 2010

Course dates: 17th - 22nd October 2010
      Support days: 28th February & 1 March 2011
      Final Assessment: 6th, 7th & 8th april 2011

Course dates: 21st - 26th November 2010
      Support days: 3rd & 4th March 2011
      Final Assessment: 13th, 14th & 15th April 2011

To enrol on a course you must apply here http://eventspace.thefa.com/kentfa/participant/s.aspx

Hope that as helped slightly, need anymore info let me know.

danny8t4
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,819 posts | 51 
      Reply #13: Jun 28, 2010 07:41:30 pm
      Alright Crouchie,

I have been looking around to try and find out the structure of the Australian Coaching system but every direction I looked it was coming back saying that they're currently looking at changing the system due to flaws in the progression of ability you can teach.

The websites I visited said that Australia are seriously considering using the Scottish structure, which is an unbelievable structure to be honest. I have emailed the Australian Sports commission to see if they can offer me details on the proposed system for new coaches looking to get into the sport.

Here is the link for you to look at their website and have aread about the different methods they are using at the moment and maybe understand the coaching side of things a bit more.

http://www.ausport.gov.au/

It's not much to go on at the moment unfortunately but it is a start until I get an email back from them.
      danny8t4
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,819 posts | 51 
      Reply #14: Jun 28, 2010 07:46:45 pm
      Wow I'm really glad I checked the General Football Forum today :). I was also interested in getting started with the badges Danny, but was put off by the shortage of courses (there were about three over a three month period where I looked), and also the price, which at around £150 is still a lot of money to an 18 year old such as myself.

Any advice or tips you can give would be fantastic, thanks!

Alright mate, I agree that some of the prices are very steep for young people like you to get into the sport. 

The 2 routes available to you are to either go to your local amateur kids team and get into it that way and as I've previously stated, there are clubs willing to pay for you to sit the badges.

The other option is to look at colleges in your area because there are now a few places that do coaching courses in college with a acoaching company and a lot of them employ the coaches once they have passed.

If you PM me with the area you're in I'll have a look around for you and see what's on offer.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #15: Jun 28, 2010 07:50:53 pm
      Cheers mate! I have emailed them also just now. Hopefully get something back soon.
      danny8t4
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,819 posts | 51 
      Reply #16: Jun 28, 2010 07:58:55 pm
      Diego Diego Diego. I am currently looking for coaching roles and courses in Brasil but seem to not really come up with anything concrete. I have however found that there are a lot of companies that run their own football camps in Brazil and maybe your best option would be to look around for these companies because my Portugese isn't top notch. (most roles will be voluntary but will get you on the ladder of coaching.)

As for Portugal, I have searched for their coaching structure but not been able to find anything that is in English or that is detailed enough for me to give you some concrete solutions to how it would work with you being Brazilian and the coaching badges being Continent specific until you reach your pro license.

Sorry I couldn't find more at the minute mate but I will keep looking to see what I can find.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #17: Jun 28, 2010 08:18:32 pm
      I don't know how relevant this is but the lack of young English talent at the moment isn't great but the lack of ENglish coaches in all is just horrific when I saw the amount Spain had. Apparently England has 150 odd (not sure about the exact figures) grade A coaches compared to over 700 in Spain. Surely this has an effect on the development of young footballing talent in this country and coaching talent as well.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,340 posts | 2838 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #18: Jun 28, 2010 09:31:59 pm
      Diego Diego Diego. I am currently looking for coaching roles and courses in Brasil but seem to not really come up with anything concrete. I have however found that there are a lot of companies that run their own football camps in Brazil and maybe your best option would be to look around for these companies because my Portugese isn't top notch. (most roles will be voluntary but will get you on the ladder of coaching.)

As for Portugal, I have searched for their coaching structure but not been able to find anything that is in English or that is detailed enough for me to give you some concrete solutions to how it would work with you being Brazilian and the coaching badges being Continent specific until you reach your pro license.

Sorry I couldn't find more at the minute mate but I will keep looking to see what I can find.

Thanks anyway, mate. It's great what you're doing in this thread, helping all of us ;)

I really have no idea of how it works in Brazil, I searched a bit too but I couldn't find anything. I think people who want to work with football usually study Physical Education (once again, I'm not sure of how it's translated) at University (3-4 years course). That's to work in gyms, schools, teaching sports like swimming, and I think maybe football too. I'm not sure, that's why I asked if you had any info.

As for Portugal, I also read a few things on internet but it looked a bit complicated, I didn't know exactly how to get started. I actually have the right for Portuguese citizenship as my grandad was from Portugal, but I don't have it yet cause of the bureaucracy. Do you think it would be necessary for the coaching badges?
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #19: Jun 29, 2010 04:12:23 am
      Cheers mate! I have emailed them also just now. Hopefully get something back soon.

Crouchie mate hit up this link.

Plenty of info in there;

http://www.soccernsw.com.au/index.php?id=7
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #20: Jun 29, 2010 06:22:13 am
      Great find. Stupid of me not to think of it. Much appreciated, Daddo!
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #21: Jun 29, 2010 07:16:27 am
      Great find. Stupid of me not to think of it. Much appreciated, Daddo!

No probs mate,anytime.

Actually thinking of doing one myself but all the November ones are booked out.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #22: Jun 29, 2010 07:32:30 am
      Yeah just seen that. And some are heaps far away, but don't cost that much so it's all good.

Quick Reply