Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Roy Hodgson - Former LFC Manager

Read 146118 times
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Re: 'Rush defence for Roy.'
      Reply #1633: Jan 03, 2011 05:55:30 pm
      Actually saw him on the TV this morning he stated that  Kenny is behind Roy and has faith in him and wants to give him more time.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #1634: Jan 03, 2011 06:08:05 pm
      .... Of course the staff are going to back the manager, they wouldn't come out and say "no comment" or "I don't like him" because that's just unprofessional and doesn't help the team knowing that half the coaches they train with and half the board don't back the manager that's meant to help them win matches. Just common sence from Rush and Kenny.
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,133 posts | 127 
      Reply #1635: Jan 03, 2011 06:10:25 pm
      Sorry Ian, you sit and watch this crap every week and you think its acceptable?
      Again sorry, but the majority of fans dont.
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #1636: Jan 03, 2011 06:19:51 pm
      Anymore time we youll be travelling to Preston Nottingham Cardiff etc next season Ian!
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #1637: Jan 03, 2011 06:25:21 pm
      The club is the fans, F**k me a lot of legends talk some sh*t, great coach are you sure Rushie, great person don't know must be true that is why he gets such backing but I prefer to have a pr**k managing us that is successful.

Whelan came out today and said Hodgson should be sacked and replaced with Kenny.In fairness Whelan talks sh*t 99% of the time but obviously agree with him here.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Re: Roy Hodgson - New Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #1638: Jan 03, 2011 06:31:18 pm
      there must be a professional code of conduct that prohibits slagging of a member of the professional circle.
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #1639: Jan 03, 2011 06:40:47 pm
      there must be a professional code of conduct that prohibits slagging of a member of the professional circle.

They were all queuing up to have a go At Rafa
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #1640: Jan 03, 2011 06:44:28 pm
      Whelan came out today and said Hodgson should be sacked and replaced with Kenny.In fairness Whelan talks sh*t 99% of the time but obviously agree with him here.

Not exactly ringing endorsement of you view 'bally but hey. ... :laugh:

. ...at least you're not alone.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #1641: Jan 03, 2011 06:54:49 pm

Considering both Kenny and Rushie work for the club, professional courtesy would stop them from slagging Roy in public, for all you know two legends could have been asked by Tom Werner & John Henry to issue the statements to buy them more time in replacing Roy and try and make the Anfield Atmosphere a little better.

Whealan and Aldo and the likes of them who were having a pop at Rafa last year are now lining up to have a Pop at Roy, so what does that tell you Gazza ?
      Volle
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 770 posts |
      • Champions 2019/20
      Reply #1642: Jan 03, 2011 07:38:41 pm
      It would not be politically correct for players and others working for the club to turn the manager down. Even if the board back the manager in down periods it often means the opposite and shortly after a new manager is appointed. I suppose FSG prefer to work with this issue behind closed doors rather to run for the press. Hodgson has to go but we want the right man in again.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #1643: Jan 03, 2011 10:46:45 pm

Yes, but he's foreign, doesn't count.

Well known Rushie was never the sharpest lad in the dressing room.
      Red Rob 60
      • Forum Ian St John

• 448 posts | 43 
      Reply #1644: Jan 03, 2011 11:47:09 pm
      I find this really weird.

95% of Liverpool supporters can see that Roy isn't the man for the job in various aspects - on the field performances, results, player management, relationship with fans and club, dreadful press conferences etc but not some of the former players of Liverpool?

Sad to say but there are a lot of former players (truly great players) hanging around the club (too many) who have been living in the past for a long, long time now. Very few of them have any direct experience of football since retirement in a coaching or managerial capacity (or only very unsuccessfully) and frankly most of them haven't a clue about the game today.

To put it bluntly they all back their former mates and the football establishment without giving any real thought to it and they don't like strangers as Rafa found out when he crossed Steve Heighway (my favourite player when I was a nipper btw so it's not that I don't like the guy but Rafa was right). It's hardly surprising a lot of them back Roy because to them he's a nice guy, English and a mate they've known for years not some stooge who was appointed as Purslime's bi*ch and now realises he's totally out of his depth.

I'm surprised that a lot of them haven't been told to be a bit more discrete or get a proper job.
      « Last Edit: Jan 04, 2011 12:07:20 am by Red Rob 60 »
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1645: Jan 04, 2011 11:28:41 am
      Yes, but he's foreign, doesn't count.

Well known Rushie was never the sharpest lad in the dressing room.

Yeah, he thought Italy was like playing in a foreign country remember.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #1646: Jan 04, 2011 11:44:43 am
      I think NESV will ensure anyone on the payroll will sing the right tune and Roy seems to have a Father Christmas Aura about him with the older players.
      They will not shed a tear when he has gone thats for sure.
      Just hoping he isnt given a penny to spend until he gets shut of konchesky and Poulsen.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #1647: Jan 04, 2011 12:11:27 pm
      In the media today Roy is asking for Transfer funds is he issuing a "back me or sack me" plea.
      If he is sacked he can then say he wasnt given the support he needed from the board. I think there must be a bit of activity going on behind the scenes lets hope it heats up a bit.
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #1648: Jan 04, 2011 12:18:02 pm
      In the media today Roy is asking for Transfer funds is he issuing a "back me or sack me" plea.
      If he is sacked he can then say he wasnt given the support he needed from the board. I think there must be a bit of activity going on behind the scenes lets hope it heats up a bit.
      Roy will plead for players, he'll get them then plead for patience because they need more time and pre season to gel.
      Volle
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 770 posts |
      • Champions 2019/20
      Reply #1649: Jan 04, 2011 12:20:33 pm
      I bet there is mate. Hodgson will probably cry his bitter tears to the press when ( yes when ) he get sacked with the excuses that we all know about. But so what ? Roy failed but Liverpool FC remains :kop5cf8koxp6:
      TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Reply #1650: Jan 04, 2011 01:01:24 pm
      One more :

4th Jan 2011

Fabio Aurelio insists everyone in the Liverpool dressing room is pulling in the same direction to turn our season around.

The Brazilian points to our eleventh-hour victory over Bolton on New Year's Day as proof of the mental strength and togetherness within the ranks.

Now he wants a further illustration when the Reds travel to Ewood Park on Wednesday night looking to improve upon a ninth-place standing in the Barclays Premier League.

"We are all behind the manager and we have to try to get out of this situation together," said Aurelio.

"We all know the coach is the first person to have the pressure on. He tries to make the team play, but it's the players who have to go out on the pitch and do it.

"Hopefully there will be no more setbacks and beating Bolton will be the start of a good run of results.

"We need to play every game at the kind of level we played at on Saturday and try to improve further."

Aurelio added: "There was a lot of pressure on us as we really needed a result. When you are playing for a big team that pressure is always there and we are the first ones to put pressure on ourselves when we are not doing as well as we could.

"The character we showed to come back was good. We left it late but we played better football, created chances and it was a deserved victory.

"The performance was very good. You could see an improvement and that win gives us the confidence to go forward into the next games.

"We've started the New Year well and hopefully we can keep going like this. If we win our two games in hand we could be sixth and things will look better."

The guy asking a player each day to show some support for Roy should change the text a little, it looks unnatural.
      Volle
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 770 posts |
      • Champions 2019/20
      Reply #1651: Jan 05, 2011 08:11:33 pm
      A question asked from the match thread : " Some rumors going about that Roys firing is 'imminent' but no one knows what that means." Anyone heard anything credible about this ?
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #1652: Jan 05, 2011 08:17:02 pm
      its sadly a rumour started on twitter who the F**k knows what is going on.
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #1653: Jan 05, 2011 10:51:07 pm
      http://www.petitiononline.com/hodgson/

Sign this petition to help our great club.

(no idea if this has previously been on here so I didn't want to make a new topic)
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,378 posts | 2884 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1654: Jan 05, 2011 10:53:56 pm

(no idea if this has previously been on here so I didn't want to make a new topic)

Balls to petitions with all due respect. Weve a board there in place who should have the guts and the wisdom to sack the c*nt. We shouldnt have to go signing fook all
      Volle
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 770 posts |
      • Champions 2019/20
      Reply #1655: Jan 05, 2011 10:57:15 pm

20,000 signatures by tomorrow morning...?

Quick Reply