Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

If the worst happened...

Read 10107 times
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Re: If the worst happened...
      Reply #138: Jul 28, 2010 05:48:13 pm
      I'm the one getting abused!!!!! If you're a moderator, try moderating.

Having been through this thread with a fine-toothed comb just now, I can confirm that it is indeed you that's attempting to winding people up. You're constantly on the back of Torres for what seems to me to be no reason whatsoever.

Torres wants another "4 or 5" quality players because then we will be able to challenge for the major honours. He feels that Liverpool FC SHOULD be challenging for honours, which leads me to believe that he's not saying this for himself, but for the good of the Club and the fans.

In addition, we have 2-3 of those 4-5 quality players in now (Jovanovic, Cole, possibly Wilson), so I'm sure he'll be more than happy, and feel that we're capable of at least obtaining some silverware this season.

Now, enough is enough. Stop attempting to wind people up with your petty insults and flawed opinions.

Oh, and don't tell me how to do my job.

@Everyone else, don't bite. I'll be watching this thread constantly from now on.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #139: Jul 28, 2010 05:49:39 pm
      Lets see what teams offer us when the bidding starts for Masch, Inter have a few tidy strikers.
      Or Barca. Wouldn't mind Bojan. Imagine Bojan and Pacheco in a few years ;D
      NavyNick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 851 posts | 38 
      Reply #140: Jul 28, 2010 05:50:56 pm
      Dont think Barca can afford him at moment, arent they in a sh*t state with money?  Take Messi though plus 15 mil ;D
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #141: Jul 28, 2010 05:51:52 pm
      Dont think Barca can afford him at moment, arent they in a sh*t state with money?  Take Messi though plus 15 mil ;D
      Nah, they took out a loan for 150 million, of which they can spend 70+ million on players their president said, and that was after getting Villa.
      NavyNick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 851 posts | 38 
      Reply #142: Jul 28, 2010 05:53:19 pm
      Suppose it depends on how much they want Fabregas, Arsenal will hold them to ransom, which could do us a favour as they might sign Masch instead.
      Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #143: Jul 28, 2010 05:53:40 pm
      Klose is sh*te. Does it internationally, never did it domestically.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #144: Jul 28, 2010 05:58:11 pm
      Klose is sh*te. Does it internationally, never did it domestically.
      Wind up buddy.
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #145: Jul 28, 2010 06:00:39 pm
      If Torres + Ngog were both sold, you know we would have no strikers for the new season and we would be in the sh*t more than ever.

If we did sell both we could see us getting 60 million +

Would we even see that money back into the team and who would we get as a replacement?

Aguero / Suarez - two names that spring to mind.

Torres is staying, and Jovanovic/Kuyt/Babel can play with him if Ngog leaves - so I think this thread has died a death?
      carheex
      • Banned

• 587 posts | -9 
      Reply #146: Jul 28, 2010 06:01:52 pm

Torres wants another "4 or 5" quality players because then we will be able to challenge for the major honours. He feels that Liverpool FC SHOULD be challenging for honours, which leads me to believe that he's not saying this for himself, but for the good of the Club and the fans.

In addition, we have 2-3 of those 4-5 quality players in now (Jovanovic, Cole, possibly Wilson), so I'm sure he'll be more than happy, and feel that we're capable of at least obtaining some silverware this season.

Joe Cole I'll accept and "maybe" Jovanovich but when Torres said 4 or 5 top quality players I don't think he had Wilson in mind, and his probably thinking, "luke young - WTF!!!?"!! :-)
      Besides, with Mascherano as good as gone it's 5 or 6 quality players needed now. I think it's time we had a whip around.
      « Last Edit: Jul 28, 2010 06:15:01 pm by RedPuppy »
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #147: Jul 28, 2010 06:37:09 pm

Joe Cole I'll accept and "maybe" Jovanovich but when Torres said 4 or 5 top quality players I don't think he had Wilson in mind, and his probably thinking, "luke young - WTF!!!?"!! :-)
      Besides, with Mascherano as good as gone it's 5 or 6 quality players needed now. I think it's time we had a whip around.

We're all thinking "WTF" about Luke Young.

And no, we don't need anyone to cover Masch immediately. Gerrard can do a job there, so can Lucas, Shelvey, Aquilani.

You don't debate the fact that he said "we need signings" for the good of the Club - not himself. Is it because I'm right?

Excellent.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,224 posts | 1649 
      Reply #148: Jul 28, 2010 06:55:12 pm

And no, we don't need anyone to cover Masch immediately. Gerrard can do a job there, so can Lucas, Shelvey, Aquilani.

You don't debate the fact that he said "we need signings" for the good of the Club - not himself. Is it because I'm right?

Excellent.
      Isn't it brilliant when you prove yourself right ;)

carheex
      • Banned

• 587 posts | -9 
      Reply #149: Jul 28, 2010 07:50:17 pm

Excellent.

Are you deliberately trying to stir it up again? There is no right or wrong - just different opinions.

But back on topic; None of the players you mentioned are fit to lace Mascherano's boots for the specific role that he plays. Gerrard could possibly do it but lacks positional discipline. Lucas and Aquilani are more attack minded (despite where Rafa chose to play Lucas) and as for Shelvey........
      Whether you've fallen out of love for JM or not, there can be no denying that he's one of the top 3 players in the world at what he does and his absence will be a bigger blow than many people are preparing for.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #150: Jul 28, 2010 10:22:50 pm
      Masch replaceable. Torres isn't.

72 goals in 116 games is phenomenal. And he's played with half a groin in most of those games.

With Masch, he is destined to leave it seems although nothing is out of the question and he could stay here. Perfect scenario is we keep both.

Whoever comes in for him, we have to snare a striker + money in the deal. We don't have enough money to sign another back up striker and two fullbacks if we're serious about getting good players and challenging for something, be it 4th or 1st or whatever.

If Barca come in, they have Bojan who i'd happily take. I think he scored something ridiculous like 200 goals in their youth team.

If it's Inter than they have Eto'o, thanks. Rafa has money to buy someone to replace him :D
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #151: Jul 28, 2010 10:46:52 pm
      Bojan has been fairly average the last couple of years, when he has played against English teams in Europe he has struggled as he is not up to the physical side of the game would be a massive flop in England.

I prefer Cambiasso to Eto at Inter to be honest, we need a replacement for Masch or we will really struggle in midfield next season. One player I don't F***ing want though is Muntari.
      hobbithead
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 747 posts | -3 
      Reply #152: Jul 28, 2010 11:11:22 pm
      ;D, i can see Muntari being paraded by Purlsow as a coup for us. Along with a further 20million for Masch. Hip, hip, f***in hooray.

Thank fook all these Rafa haters got rid of our stupid fat penguin of a manager. He was the only one stood in the way of our owners selling off the prize china.

Well done chaps, mission accomplished.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #153: Jul 28, 2010 11:45:42 pm
      Bojan has been fairly average the last couple of years, when he has played against English teams in Europe he has struggled as he is not up to the physical side of the game would be a massive flop in England.
      Bojan is just 19, same age as Pacheco. Not sure what you're expecting of a 19 year old but, he made 10 goals in just 14 starts in his 1st season when he was still 17, then hardly got played the next season, and then last season made 8 goals in 11 starts. I wouldn't call that average at his age, he has a big future. The kid scored 960 goals in 7 years in Barcelona's youth, breaking all records. Sure, he's still inconsistent and has some strengthening to do physically, but he's going to be insane.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #154: Jul 29, 2010 12:53:42 am
      If the worst happens we become a retirement home for players such as Parker, Petrov & Luke Young, "Welcome to Anfield Acres", where the grass is never greener. ;D
      LFCexiled
      Reply #155: Jul 29, 2010 02:53:55 am
      Misleading topic title really. The worst happened when lickmyarse and nobgobbler arrived (can't even be arsed rhyming anymore) and we have to hope beyond anything that the whole 'sold by August' becomes reality. Given the fact that Gandalf said any sale would be done after the transfer window closes i personally think that we're stuck with the fuckers till next year.

Back on topic. The worst thing won't happen. Nando is Scouse and we'll sign another striker. The first part of that sentence i believe as true, the second? Meh. We need 2 strikers, N'gog ain't up to it yet, he's potentially hungry and if Woyboy gives him a chance who knows. We're about £12.5 Million behind Wolverhampton Wanderers in the spending in this transfer window at the mo but who knows maybe just maybe we'll become LFC again and spend some of the fans hard earned cash from last season and buy a world class player like Snoogy Doogy.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #156: Jul 29, 2010 03:23:38 am
      Bojan is just 19, same age as Pacheco. Not sure what you're expecting of a 19 year old but, he made 10 goals in just 14 starts in his 1st season when he was still 17, then hardly got played the next season, and then last season made 8 goals in 11 starts. I wouldn't call that average at his age, he has a big future. The kid scored 960 goals in 7 years in Barcelona's youth, breaking all records. Sure, he's still inconsistent and has some strengthening to do physically, but he's going to be insane.

With you, Dexter. His scoring was simply remarkable. To be in contention for a starting spot in the Barcelona side when your 17 shows how much potential he has. Would be delighted if we got him. Not many 19 year olds are beefed up anyway.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,615 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #157: Jul 29, 2010 10:09:55 am
      is this thread not dead now, as Torres is staying, and if nogog did leave, pacheco or somebody young woulkd step up, also we now have better options on the right & left so kuyt will be playing up with torres more.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #158: Jul 29, 2010 11:15:43 am
      Or Barca. Wouldn't mind Bojan. Imagine Bojan and Pacheco in a few years ;D
      I am imagining that but unless Pacheco gets his chance now, I can see them two pairing up for Barca, not us! 
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #159: Jul 29, 2010 11:18:34 am
      Torres is staying, and Jovanovic/Kuyt/Babel can play with him if Ngog leaves - so I think this thread has died a death?
      NavyNick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 851 posts | 38 
      Reply #160: Jul 29, 2010 11:32:53 am
      We can now change the thread to  "If the Worst Happened.....No one buys us"

Quick Reply