Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Steve Taylor (Newcastle)

Read 4306 times
      corballyred
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Steve Taylor (Newcastle)
      Jul 04, 2010 12:32:52 pm
      According to the Sunday Mirror and other internet sources Roy wants him as his first signing and wants to build his defence around him. Does Roy realise he is managing Liverpool now and not Fulham.

Skrtel Agger and Carragher are much better and Ayala is going to be better. Taylor has gone back a long way in the last couple of seasons and I would be very disappointed with this signing.
      « Last Edit: Jul 04, 2010 12:36:56 pm by Bpatel »
      Bpatel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Re: Steve Taylor (Newcastle)
      Reply #1: Jul 04, 2010 12:37:11 pm
      Can you post an article please?
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Re: Steve Taylor-Newcastle
      Reply #2: Jul 04, 2010 12:38:24 pm
      Who wouldn't be dissappointed with this, we don't need a player like him.
      corballyred
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #3: Jul 04, 2010 12:41:02 pm
      I got it off Liverpool Newsnow, it is on IMScouting and in The Sunday Mirror as well, still having problems posting articles up sorry about that Bpatel.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,379 posts | 2884 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #4: Jul 04, 2010 12:47:29 pm
      Memories of the Kyrgiakos posts claiming he was crap, he was not good enough for Liverpool, think there was a few asking who he was, see he done ok in the end tho

We all have opinions but they arent always right.
      corballyred
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #5: Jul 04, 2010 12:55:37 pm
      Ya Brian we can all have opinions that is what the forum is for, no ones
      opinion is right it is just an opinion.

The diference between Kyrgiakos and Taylor is people hadn't seen a lot of Kyrgiakos, the same can not be said of Taylor as he has spent his whole time playing with Newcastle. So he doesn't fall into the unknown category like Kyrgiakos.
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #6: Jul 04, 2010 12:57:46 pm

The diference between Kyrgiakos and Taylor is people hadn't seen a lot of Kyrgiakos, the same can not be said of Taylor as he has spent his whole time playing with Newcastle. So he doesn't fall into the unknown category like Kyrgiakos.

In addition, the CB position is now covered, probably more than any other position in the team.

We need to spend what little money we have on a LB & ST.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,379 posts | 2884 
      Reply #7: Jul 04, 2010 12:59:08 pm

Sotis was hardly an unknown. Taylor might be seen to have gone back because hes been in the championship

Anyway Im just sick off nesrly evey topic in here having negative replies f**k all positivity about anything anymore
      corballyred
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #8: Jul 04, 2010 01:03:48 pm
      That is Brian because the sh*t the club is going through at the moment, when you see us being linked to Kjaer or someone like that I will be positive, but when we are being linked to someone that was in and out of a championship side last season I'm not going to be shouting from the roof tops.

And Kyrgiakos was an unknown he played one season with Rangers but there is very few on here that had seen him play on numerous occasions like a lot would have seem Taylor paly.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,379 posts | 2884 
      Reply #9: Jul 04, 2010 01:10:34 pm
      That is Brian because the sh*t the club is going through at the moment, when you see us being linked to Kjaer or someone like that I will be positive, but when we are being linked to someone that was in and out of a championship side last season I'm not going to be shouting from the roof tops.

And Kyrgiakos was an unknown he played one season with Rangers but there is very few on here that had seen him play on numerous occasions like a lot would have seem Taylor paly.

Everyone is down about the state the club is in. And its because of that state that we cant go and buy a Lucio or Ozil so when were linked to certain players why straight away write them players off? Thats were we are at the minute. Its not like were being linked with Paul McShane or some other below standard players Taylor is a good defender who if we signed him playing alonside a Carra and Agger might just become a top player and great signing
      corballyred
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #10: Jul 04, 2010 01:23:24 pm
      We are Liverpool though Brian even with the state of the club it is hard to accept signings that are extremely mediocre. I wasn't talking about Ozil or Lucio I was talking about Kjaer who said around March last season he would like to partner Agger at Liverpool.

Taylor had a good first season with Newcastle, he was terrible his second season when they got relegated. He was very average last season in the championship and had a good bit of off field troubles which culminalated in a row with Andy Carroll.

The day I'm enthusiatic about a signing like this for the club is a sad day for the club.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,379 posts | 2884 
      Reply #11: Jul 04, 2010 01:29:11 pm
      We are Liverpool though Brian even with the state of the club it is hard to accept signings that are extremely mediocre. I wasn't talking about Ozil or Lucio I was talking about Kjaer who said around March last season he would like to partner Agger at Liverpool.

Taylor had a good first season with Newcastle, he was terrible his second season when they got relegated. He was very average last season in the championship and had a good bit of off field troubles which culminalated in a row with Andy Carroll.

The day I'm enthusiatic about a signing like this for the club is a sad day for the club.

Kjaer would be a good signing. Trouble there is a bidding war would most probably see us lose out and hes foreign.

Mate the sad day arrived for this club a good while back. We arent a top 4 side anymore and might not be again this season which means we arent champions league which means top names (who we'd struggle to afford anyway, would be more inclined to sign for other clubs who are champions league
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #12: Jul 04, 2010 01:35:34 pm
      I've got faith in Roy Hodgson's ability to spot talent.

He's English, Carragher's legs can probably last him one more season. Are we going to play Agger and Skrtel every game after that? With Kyrgiakos and Ayala as backups we are walking the tight-rope. Taylor's English, and Hodgson's focussing on bringing in British players.

Arsenal and Aston Villa are also interested in him. Personally seen him play in the Premiership before they got relegated and am impressed.
      corballyred
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #13: Jul 04, 2010 01:36:56 pm
      But why buy an extremely mediocre centre half that has hardly covered himself in glory the last 2 seasons, is he better than Agger, Skrtel, Carragher, Sortis, No.

Is he much better than Ayala, no. I personally couldn't understand this signing but then it is probably only typical media bullshit.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Reply #14: Jul 04, 2010 01:44:54 pm
      But why buy an extremely mediocre centre half that has hardly covered himself in glory the last 2 seasons, is he better than Agger, Skrtel, Carragher, Sortis, No.

Is he much better than Ayala, no. I personally couldn't understand this signing but then it is probably only typical media bullshit.

But thats exactley what we have become a mediocre club under the present regime.
      corballyred
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #15: Jul 04, 2010 01:48:23 pm
      But is he better than what we have. So what is the point of buying someone we don't need.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Reply #16: Jul 04, 2010 01:51:12 pm
      Under rafa we were linked with quality players under the new manager we are lowering our sights a bit,maybe it all come down to how much roy has to spend.
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #17: Jul 04, 2010 01:51:42 pm
      I don't personally trust Carra to be leading our defence now.Look what happened to him in the World Cup,he is just hot good enough anymore and Sotis is also not getting any younger,we can use him in an odd game here or there but can't really use him week in,week out.Ayala is still learning the tricks of the trade so yeah we do need another CB and with these new rules coming in,we got to look English.I would also like Hodgson to go for someone like Upson or Dawson but if he ain't got no money he got to look at Taylor.Plus the lad does have potential and has age on his side,so why not.
      LFC_Stuart_1988
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,089 posts | 45 
      Reply #18: Jul 04, 2010 02:10:06 pm
      Why have we been linked with so many centre backs, when we have Carra,Agger,Skrtel,Soto,Kelly and Ayala who can all play there. It's the left back position I was hoping Roy would be looking to strengthen.
      corballyred
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #19: Jul 04, 2010 02:12:30 pm
      Exactly Stuart what I'm saying as well, we need a left back a left midfielder and a striker before we even think about another position.
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Reply #20: Jul 04, 2010 02:24:21 pm
      Not needed and simply not good enough
      crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      • Rebuilding a legacy...Trust, Will, Pride, Respect.
      Reply #21: Jul 04, 2010 02:36:08 pm
      Not needed and simply not good enough

Seconded. Sad state of affairs if the manager believes he's good enough for us.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #22: Jul 04, 2010 02:46:33 pm
      In addition, the CB position is now covered, probably more than any other position in the team.

We need to spend what little money we have on a LB & ST.

Agreed mate.

Quick Reply