Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 15th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

Gerrard and Carra .... silence over Rafa

Read 16744 times
      kwame30
      • Forum John Barnes

• 420 posts |
      Re: Gerrard and Carra .... silence ....
      Reply #138: Jul 01, 2010 07:23:11 pm
      pls if your going to use my quote and say what you said underneath i will defend my self simple
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,223 posts | 1646 
      Re: Gerrard and Carra .... silence over Rafa
      Reply #139: Jul 04, 2010 03:16:31 pm
      pls if your going to use my quote and say what you said underneath I will defend my self simple
      Hardly defended yourself. You've just resorted to basically telling him to shut up.

I personally think that over last few seasons Gerrard has known, that if he were to leave, then Liverpool would seriously be struggling. For a player to know he is that important to a team, can be a massive weight, and also very dangerous, if he decides he wants a change of manager etc. Simply stop performing and the team aren't going to be as good. Simple.

I'm not suggesting that Gerrard had a crap season deliberately, but there is defo something going on with him, and I think we'll see him on his way this summer.
      Don77

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #140: Jul 04, 2010 04:20:24 pm
      I was interested to hear Gerrard move quickly to defend his international manager.

Yet he still hasn't uttered a word about Rafa.

Rafa plays Gerrard in his favourite position, Capello sticks him out on the left which he doesn't like.

The more and more I have thought over the past 12 months, the more I am convinced that he holds far too much sway inside the dressing room, and Liverpool's performances are effectively decided by what mood Gerrard is in that week.

If his performances for us last season and for England are entirely representative of his ability now then, only if the money DID make it's way back in to the team, I think that a sale might be the best for both parties.

I respectfully disagree mate. Gerrard's favourite and best position imo is the centre of midfield. England have never played him there much, on the left mostly. Rafa also played him on the left early on, then a season on the right, then a couple of seasons off torres. The position off Torres is not his best imo but he can do damage there. The problem last season was Alonso was not there to feed him and he had to rely on Lucas and Mascherano. Sadly he spent most of his time chasing the ball. The fact that Gerrard and Carragher has not said anything about Rafa tells its own story. The look on Gerrards face at Birmingham told anyone who did not already know that Gerrard did not believe in what Rafa was doing. I know I did not. Is Gerrad glad that Rafa has gone? That might be pushing it abit far. Does Gerard hold too much sway in the dressing room? I hope he does. He is one of our most important players. His drive and determinaton are an example to everyone at the club. His desire to win and be the best is an example to everyone at the club. Sadly too many players are in their comfort zone at Liverpool. Hodgson will need leaders in that dressing room. Gerrrad has a poor season BY HIS STANDARDS last season but he was still head and shoulders above everyone else bar Pepe. Its amazing how people who say get rid are the same ones who said rafa had one bad season and deserves another season. Gerrard has carried us on his back for the best part of 10 years. he is not the problem at Liverpool. The substandard players around him, brought in by the last manager are. If Gerrard leaves, which I do not believe he will, he will leave with my best wishes and respect because he has earned it.
      Don77

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #141: Jul 04, 2010 04:24:53 pm
      I remember back to when both Carra & Gerrard were both injured(don't remember which season) for a fair run of games and Liverpool did perform way above what I expected.

He could well drag the rest of the team down with him, if he were to stay at the club but not have the heart anymore.

If Steven Gerrard felt his time at LFC had come to an end and his heart was not in it anymore ( which I severly doubt ) he would leave and not drag the club down. He is not that kind of player. On the flip side of the coin, there are plenty of substandard players at Liverpool, who would happily sit and take the money instead of moving on. They are happy in their comfort zone and its these players that Hodgson needs to weed out. To say Gerrard would drag us down is an insult to one of our greatest ever players. Sadly its more like the hapless players around him dragging him down.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,615 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #142: Jul 04, 2010 05:55:19 pm
      Gerrard & Torres not Leaving guys, wld be as well closing this thread.

Carra has spoken today !

Torres is building his fitness up nicely btw with spain for us, Im glad he has been poor but playing. Gonna be ready to blitz teams early doors.
      Don77

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #143: Jul 04, 2010 06:02:34 pm
      Gerrard & Torres not Leaving guys, wld be as well closing this thread.

Carra has spoken today !

Torres is building his fitness up nicely btw with spain for us, Im glad he has been poor but playing. Gonna be ready to blitz teams early doors.

Yeah I read the quotes from Carragher. He was at melwood with Gerrard the other day so I hope his comments point to positive talks between Hodgson, himself and Gerrard. As for Torres, he loves it at Liverpool, both on and off the pitch. As he said himself he and his family get the life hassled out of them in Spain. He wants to succeed at Liverpool so I am confident he will be at Anfield next season. The only thing I fear is that the people with thier own agendas may take the decision away from him!
      dodgy
      • Forum Ian St John

• 426 posts | 14 
      Reply #144: Jul 04, 2010 06:06:32 pm
      Yeah I read the quotes from Carragher. He was at melwood with Gerrard the other day so I hope his comments point to positive talks between Hodgson, himself and Gerrard. As for Torres, he loves it at Liverpool, both on and off the pitch. As he said himself he and his family get the life hassled out of them in Spain. He wants to succeed at Liverpool so I am confident he will be at Anfield next season. The only thing I fear is that the people with thier own agendas may take the decision away from him!

Nobody can make him go anywhere
      Don77

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #145: Jul 04, 2010 06:14:05 pm

Nobody can make him go anywhere

They can't but if the owners make it clear they want to sell him and accept bids for him it would put him in an awkward situation. I do not feel he wants to leave, but as with everyone else I am very suspicious of the agendas of the idiots running our club. Tom, Gerry and a Chelsea fan hardly fills me with confidence. It would not surprise me if Braughton is trying to broker a deal for torres to chelsea!
      dodgy
      • Forum Ian St John

• 426 posts | 14 
      Reply #146: Jul 04, 2010 06:23:02 pm
      They can't but if the owners make it clear they want to sell him and accept bids for him it would put him in an awkward situation. I do not feel he wants to leave, but as with everyone else I am very suspicious of the agendas of the idiots running our club. Tom, Gerry and a Chelsea fan hardly fills me with confidence. It would not surprise me if Braughton is trying to broker a deal for torres to chelsea!

I think people are putting 2 + 2 together and getting 5 regarding Broughton ,he wasn't employed by the 2 fuckwits and will not risk his well earned reputation by selling Nando ,if and when he ever does leave it will never be into this country as he has far to much respect for us fans
      Personally i know everyone thinks the owners are trying to sell all the players but it doesn't make sense when they are trying to sell the club ,Sell Stevie for 30million and that devalues the club by alot more than 30million with what he brings to Liverpool ,same with Nando ,it's all about opnions though and these are mine ,not saying they are right but they are what i believe
      Don77

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #147: Jul 04, 2010 06:32:44 pm
      I think people are putting 2 + 2 together and getting 5 regarding Broughton ,he wasn't employed by the 2 fuckwits and will not risk his well earned reputation by selling Nando ,if and when he ever does leave it will never be into this country as he has far to much respect for us fans
      Personally I know everyone thinks the owners are trying to sell all the players but it doesn't make sense when they are trying to sell the club ,Sell Stevie for 30million and that devalues the club by alot more than 30million with what he brings to Liverpool ,same with Nando ,it's all about opnions though and these are mine ,not saying they are right but they are what I believe

Yeah no worries mate. My worry is that if the owners sell Torres and gerrard they can reduce the debt, thus reducing the amout they have to pay back. If the debt is less then they will lower slightly their asking price for the club as there is less debt for them to pay back. They want maximum profit out of us. What state they leave us in does not concern them!
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #148: Jul 04, 2010 06:37:13 pm
      Yeah no worries mate. My worry is that if the owners sell Torres and gerrard they can reduce the debt, thus reducing the amout they have to pay back. If the debt is less then they will lower slightly their asking price for the club as there is less debt for them to pay back. They want maximum profit out of us. What state they leave us in does not concern them!

My thoughts exactly, they seem to be in a bit of a hole & could quite possible take a short term view, vis a vis a quick profit.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #149: Jul 06, 2010 11:14:24 am
      So what if Gerrard was involved in Rafa leaving (or being pushed). We were a sinking ship last year under Rafa because he was too interested in fighting with the 2 wankers upstairs, he lost sight of the only goal which he should ever have had, which was to move Liverpool FC forward ON THE PITCH.

Taking Torres of against Birmingham that day, you could see Gerrards disgust and Torres, it was only a matter of time after that. I remember watching it thinking does Rafa really want to get into the top 4 or is he resigned to the fact that the sh*te that is the Europa League is our best option. I lost a lot of respect for Rafa that day (from the looks of things so did Stevie). You cant ever take away what Rafa did for us and we will be eternally grateful but he had took his eye of the game and was more interested in one upsmanship with the Yank W--ks.

Yeah what if Gerrard was involved!!

Maybe Gerrard should of been more involved himself with what was happenening actually on the pitch rather than worrying about who Rafa was fighting with and what substitutions he was making.

Let's be honest Gerrard was a just as F***ing sh*t as captain last season as Rafa was as manager and that is a F***ing fact.
      Dadorious
      • Started Topic

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #150: Jul 06, 2010 02:58:31 pm

Let's be honest Gerrard was a just as f**king sh*t as captain last season as Rafa was as manager and that is a f**king fact.

Amen to that.
      TotheMax
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 404 posts | 22 
      Reply #151: Jul 06, 2010 03:54:32 pm
      Let's be honest Gerrard was a just as f**king sh*t as captain last season as Rafa was as manager and that is a f**king fact.

Completely agree and exactly the reason why I dont understand all the stick Gerrard is getting by all those who send unlimited amounts of love towards Rafa.

As a player Gerrard was sh*t by his own standards but still one of the best players in the team.

As a captain, he completely failed. His attitude on the pitch was not the one the captain of Liverpool should have. As a captain, he should comment on Rafa's departure on behalf of the team as well. That kind of tasks comes along with being captain. He is free to step down as captain any time if he cant handle it. But we all know he didnt have the best relationsship with Rafa. What can he say about Rafa's departure that wont make him either lie or getting lynched for not being too sad about it? And why cant people then just leave it at that. Some things are better left unsaid.

We've lost Rafa already. Lets rather get behind Gerrard and hope one of our most important players does not leave/is forced out as well.

I have said it before and Don77 said it as well. Rafa had on bad season in 6 and deserved another. Why does Gerrard not deserve more backing after one bad season in 10?
      Redangel

• 8,394 posts | 1025 
      Reply #152: Jul 06, 2010 05:39:03 pm
      I can understand why our captain is getting some stick, I'm not saying I agree entirely with it , but I do understand peoples frustrations. He must be fully aware of what is being said about his position both on fans' forums and in the press. He said he would not comment on his position until after the World Cup. Most of us took that to mean that once England's involvement was over he would say something. The fact that he hasn't makes many of us think that he's off !! I for one don't want him to go , but if he decides he wants off with us in this state, then for me, it's thanks for everything you've done , you nearly became  a legend . Sorry if that upsets some , but we are in a perilous situation and a declaration of support and a pledge to fight next season is not too much to ask from a player who has had a very , very , very good living out of us. Oh , and he is our Captain !
      TotheMax
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 404 posts | 22 
      Reply #153: Jul 06, 2010 06:07:41 pm
      I can understand why our captain is getting some stick, I'm not saying I agree entirely with it , but I do understand peoples frustrations. He must be fully aware of what is being said about his position both on fans' forums and in the press. He said he would not comment on his position until after the World Cup. Most of us took that to mean that once England's involvement was over he would say something. The fact that he hasn't makes many of us think that he's off !!

I can too see why he is getting SOME stick, just cant see what warrants the amount of stick he is getting right now.

And lets keep the things apart. This thread is about his silence on Rafa's departure. His silence regarding his own future is another thing (and I know i mixed things up myself in my post earlier  :D).
      Redangel

• 8,394 posts | 1025 
      Reply #154: Jul 06, 2010 06:26:06 pm
      Sorry , didn't properly read the thread title , :f_doh: I guess we're all a bit wound up right now. The thing is , I would expect that when he says something about Rafa he will talk about his own position as well.
      I think that the fact that he's commented on his commitment to England , but stayed silent over Rafa and his own position has upset some fans.

Promise to read thread titles properly in future.  :f_whistle:

Quick Reply