Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 17th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W7 D4 L3

Kenny Dalglish handed 3 year deal as manager

Read 8637 times
      fran_gray
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 31 posts |
      Re: Kenny Dalglish handed 3 year deal as manager
      Reply #138: May 13, 2011 08:47:06 am
      think it goes without saying how over-the-moon everyone is with the King signing this deal, but would just like to express my pleasure at Steve Clarke also committing to a 3-year deal, our defensive performances since he has come in have improved no-end.
      lfcwils
      • Forum Youth Player

• 14 posts |
      Reply #139: May 13, 2011 08:57:37 am
      glory days are back
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #140: May 13, 2011 09:13:35 am

Excellent news,now we can really make progress and get this club back where it belongs and that is right at the very top.The only people who will noy be happy with this news will be the likes of Ferguson and his cronies.
                                                                                                               And a big thank you to our owners for doing the right thing by Kenny,well done.
      LFC Viking
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,112 posts | 38 
      • LFC: Europe's finest 5 star establishment
      Reply #141: May 13, 2011 09:39:33 am
      I won't copy and paste the article because there's nothing new in it, but I like these 2 bits:

Before the end of his first month in charge the word “caretaker” preceding those of Liverpool boss Dalglish appeared as redundant as Paul Konchesky’s Melwood locker. ( :D )

The King is back on his throne – soon the Liverbird will be back on its perch. 

Here's the link: http://www.dailypost.co.uk/sport-news/liverpool-fc/2011/05/13/liverpool-fc-the-king-is-back-on-his-throne-soon-the-liverbird-will-be-back-on-its-perch-55578-28686017/
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,639 posts | 3864 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #142: May 13, 2011 09:52:16 am
      But, as the Liverpool writer and Spirit of Shankly fans union founder Andrew Heaton recently noted, Hodgson was the road to Dalglish.

Had it not been for his absolute failure, it’s unlikely the man they call King Kenny would have ever been given his chance, with owners Fenway Sports Group actively pursuing a young, up-and-coming coach in the mould of Didier Deschamps or Andre Villas-Boas.

Thanks Roy.

Thanks for being so inept at your job that FSG had not got time to wait for the summer and appoint a young manager.
      Thanks for the sharp descent that FSG felt the need to halt so badly they turned to a man they may only now fully understand.

Sometimes you've got to hit the bottom before you can begin your march back to the top.
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #143: May 13, 2011 09:57:45 am
      United, get ready to get knocked of your our f**king PERCH !!!!!!

Fixed that for you.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #144: May 13, 2011 10:02:20 am
      I liked what Ian Ayres had to say on LFC Now last night.

He wasn't surprised that Kenny has been such a success, having spent so much time with him watching games he knew he was who we needed.  He was the one who phoned him on the cruise ship and was excited, as any fan would be, about doing it.  He knew he would get a yes.

He also said that he was once told that if you appoint a Manager make sure they're a winner and that's what Kenny is.

skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,165 posts | 264 
      Reply #145: May 13, 2011 10:20:35 am
      Recall back to the day Rafa left, I'm one of some who never want KK get this job, just because I don't want his "King" status might be tarnish if things won't go the way everyone want to see (note that H&G and Purslime still here that moment so I've no better choice but worry). Today I can say I'm very happy KK appointed last January, not so I don't know how much the club and we all the fans will miss (or loss ?).

Today 3 years permanent contract can be great relief for my mistake of underestimate our King, congrats King Kenny.

Apologize for my poor English.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #146: May 13, 2011 10:28:25 am

You don't have to keep saying that, mate, we all understand you ;D

That was my only concern with appointing Kenny as well, if things didn't go well then it would tarnish his name a little. As you say though, that was back when H&G were in charge so it was difficult to imagine anyone being able to turn the club around at the time. Would have been interesting to see if Kenny could have had the same affect back then but hey, it's all in the past now. Onwards and upwards!
      andymac7565
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,088 posts | 23 
      Reply #147: May 13, 2011 11:00:48 am
      Congratulations to Kenny only man for the job..
      Same goes to Steve Clarke an inspired choice by Kenny.

Let battle commence.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,034 posts | 3961 
      Reply #148: May 13, 2011 12:27:06 pm
      Never usually go on the site Stuey, I was quite shocked at some of the bile they were spouting about Kenny.
      Hadn't looked recently at redcafe but thought I'd check it out Debs, there were the usual moronic contributions but surprisingly there were exceptions to the rule and some positive posts about our man.
      However there was one that went completely over the top and hurled the most vile abuse at Kenny and believe it or not there was some vitriol directed at Mrs Dalglish  :f_steam:
      For all I know it is still there but that is a reflection of the kind of sh*t forum (I use the word advisedly) it is, that sh*t would be deleted on here if somebody hurled abuse at a lady who has achieved what Marina has in spite of her own tribulations
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,985 posts | 3061 
      Reply #149: May 13, 2011 12:28:38 pm
      But, as the Liverpool writer and Spirit of Shankly fans union founder Andrew Heaton recently noted, Hodgson was the road to Dalglish.

Had it not been for his absolute failure, it’s unlikely the man they call King Kenny would have ever been given his chance, with owners Fenway Sports Group actively pursuing a young, up-and-coming coach in the mould of Didier Deschamps or Andre Villas-Boas.

Thanks Roy.

Thanks for being so inept at your job that FSG had not got time to wait for the summer and appoint a young manager.
      Thanks for the sharp descent that FSG felt the need to halt so badly they turned to a man they may only now fully understand.

Sometimes you've got to hit the bottom before you can begin your march back to the top.

Very valid point Racer - anybody else see the entirely classless comments from the owl during press conference at WBA yesterday?

So up for next season. We're off on hols soon and one of the guys in the complex is a massive Manc - he is getting belters when I arrive!!
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,535 posts | 1521 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #150: May 13, 2011 05:32:24 pm
      3 years, maybe a few extensions, and thus enough time to groom Carra, Stevie?

Surely we'll be looking to keep it in the family?
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #151: May 13, 2011 05:38:58 pm

Thanks Roy.

Yea, spot on. Just like the thread I started a couple of weeks ago where I mentioned how everything dark we've been through have led to the changes we have seen in the last four months and all these will play a major role in the coming seasons.

Quick Reply