Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 8th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P20 W12 D4 L4

Bryan Ruiz (Twente)

Read 6402 times
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Bryan Ruiz (Twente)
      Jul 06, 2010 08:07:31 pm
      Bryan Ruiz targeted by Liverpool: Roy Hodgson wants £12.5m FC Twente hitman - even if Fernando Torres stays
      New Liverpool boss Roy Hodgson is lining up a £12.5million move for Costa Rican scoring sensation Bryan Ruiz.

Hodgson sees Ruiz, who netted 24 times last season for Dutch champions FC Twente, as the perfect replacement for Fernando Torres if he quits Anfield.

But even if the Spanish star stays put Hodgson is keen to get 24-year-old Ruiz on board.

Hodgson watched him on several occasions last season with a view to signing him for Fulham.

But he would have needed to smash Fulham’s transfer record and was forced to concede Ruiz was outside their price range.

Ruiz has seen his value treble since ex-England boss Steve McClaren snapped him up just a year ago for five million euros from Belgian club Ghent.

His goals helped Twente to their first-ever Dutch league crown and earned McClaren a move to the Bundesliga with Wolfsburg.

McClaren would like to sign Ruiz, who is also interesting Spanish clubs Seville and Villarreal, for a second time but the asking price is too high for the Germans.

Link

I mean...  ???
      StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Re: Bryan Ruiz (Twente)
      Reply #1: Jul 06, 2010 08:13:22 pm
      That's some top quality english talent there. :|
      Still if he's a good player and a striker at that, I'd welcome him, after TURAN!!!!
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #2: Jul 06, 2010 08:20:59 pm
      Never even heard of him which is weird.

I do like the fact that we're being linked with strikers though.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,263 posts | 927 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #3: Jul 06, 2010 08:24:30 pm
      Hopefully we will have a few more strikers this season hoping Torres stays
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #4: Jul 06, 2010 09:16:57 pm
      F**k me if Torres went and this lad is our replacement we are even in worse trouble than we think.
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #5: Jul 06, 2010 09:38:58 pm
      F**k me if Torres went and this lad is our replacement we are even in worse trouble than we think.

Him and Milan mind.
      Is he that bad?
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #6: Jul 06, 2010 09:39:42 pm
      We all know what we want.

We want Dexter's opinion. ;)
      RyanBabs

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      • London town is burning down
      Reply #7: Jul 06, 2010 09:40:43 pm
      liverpool9292
      • Forum John Toshack

• 256 posts |
      Reply #8: Jul 06, 2010 09:51:05 pm
      he would prob be good back up for torres but not as a replacement if he leaves, we would need to sign somebody like dzeko if torres left!!
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #9: Jul 07, 2010 12:20:06 am
      I remember when he played for Alajuelense where he was part of the side who won the continental club competition. He is a tricky striker who seem to find his finishing boots in Holland. I don't see him as a replacement for Torres as he never hit me as the striker who leads the line but more of a second striker. I would welcome him as cover, I know Roy was very keen to bring him to Fulham last year but couldn't afford him.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #10: Jul 07, 2010 01:37:53 am
      He was one of the players drawing alot of attention this past season in the dutch league. He's certainly part of the reason why Twente won the dutch league. He's a good player, but nowhere near Torres replacement material. For one thing, he isn't really a main striker, he played more as a winger/inside forward at Twente, and he seems to belong there or maybe as a 2nd striker or in the hole. He isn't a target man in anyway, isn't capable of holding the ball. I think right now he'd probably be a good buy for an european sub top club, and if he keeps developing well possibly step up in 2 seasons. He's technically quite gifted, but I wouldn't say extremely. He's tall, but he's isn't really strong, like athletic build, more like slim. One of his nicknames is the Weasel, which fits his physique is you ask me. He has a great mentality though, and seems like a very nice guy. I think for a club like Villareal and Sevilla he could be a good buy, but for us I think it would be a risk. Not sure if I've helped much here, but if anything, he raises doubts with me.

Don't be too impressed by his goal scoring record in the dutch league. Suarez scored alot more and created alot more too, and he's 2 years younger, but I'm not even 100% about him succeeding in a physical league like the EPL. Ofcourse there's some exceptions. If you ask me, Bryan Ruiz hasn't improved that much from last season, yet he's sold for 3 times as much as they bought him last season. Just saying ;) (very surprised to see him being linked to us)

But maybe I should just accept we're becoming european sub top too? :(
      « Last Edit: Jul 07, 2010 02:20:40 am by Dexter »
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #11: Jul 07, 2010 02:25:28 pm
      Just looking at his goal record would suggest to me that the £13m speculate fee is very high for him. Would prefer not to go with this guy as he sounds like too much of a risk and the level of the Dutch league isnt't really that good to be fair.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,624 posts | 3855 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #12: Jul 07, 2010 06:26:14 pm
      He was one of the players drawing alot of attention this past season in the dutch league. He's certainly part of the reason why Twente won the dutch league. He's a good player, but nowhere near Torres replacement material. For one thing, he isn't really a main striker, he played more as a winger/inside forward at Twente, and he seems to belong there or maybe as a 2nd striker or in the hole. He isn't a target man in anyway, isn't capable of holding the ball. I think right now he'd probably be a good buy for an european sub top club, and if he keeps developing well possibly step up in 2 seasons. He's technically quite gifted, but I wouldn't say extremely. He's tall, but he's isn't really strong, like athletic build, more like slim. One of his nicknames is the Weasel, which fits his physique is you ask me. He has a great mentality though, and seems like a very nice guy. I think for a club like Villareal and Sevilla he could be a good buy, but for us I think it would be a risk. Not sure if I've helped much here, but if anything, he raises doubts with me.

Don't be too impressed by his goal scoring record in the dutch league. Suarez scored alot more and created alot more too, and he's 2 years younger, but I'm not even 100% about him succeeding in a physical league like the EPL. Ofcourse there's some exceptions. If you ask me, Bryan Ruiz hasn't improved that much from last season, yet he's sold for 3 times as much as they bought him last season. Just saying ;) (very surprised to see him being linked to us)

But maybe I should just accept we're becoming european sub top too? :(

Searches for Dexter's opinion on players in the Dutch League.
      Reads it.
      Becomes a little disappointed in the player we are linked to.
      Leaves the thread.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #13: Jul 07, 2010 06:41:28 pm
      *Facepalm*

Reads it.
      Leaves the thread.

Seconded!  *Exits*
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,624 posts | 3855 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #14: Aug 18, 2010 01:03:08 pm
      Liverpool plan tempting £13m swap deal
      18th Aug 2010 - Transfer Gossip  Caughtoffside

Liverpool are hoping to secure the signing of highly rated Costa Rican Bryan Ruiz and Roy Hodgson is willing to offer Dutch winger Ryan Babel as part of a swap deal to help seal the FC Twente striker's signature.

The 24 year old goal machine has been a big hit in the Eredivisie, scoring 24 goals in his first season to help his side to their first ever domestic title.

A number of Europe's elite have been monitoring the 24 year old for some time and the departure of Steve McClaren for Wolfsburg has appeared to have had an unsettling effect on the club as they started the new season with two limp draws.

The adaptable attacker can play in a number of positions but excels as a speedy striker and could be just the kind of player the Anfield manager is looking for as he attempts to boost his attacking options. Ryan Babel may be keen on a move back to his country of birth and may feel a move to a side competing in the Champions League may be a good step to take as opposed to reported interest from Birmingham City.

Ruiz is valued at around £14m so any deal could well involve the Merseyside club having to fork out some cash as well as the £9m rated Babel.

Cough(Dexter) anyone got some good news regarding this transfer or is it b*ll*cks?
      Don't want to get my hopes up.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #15: Aug 18, 2010 01:11:44 pm
      Already have an older thread for him mate: http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php?topic=31459.0

Gave my opinion on him in there. A straight swap between Babel and Ruiz would be an improvement though, but I wouldn't add much if any money. Ruiz's price is too inflated because of his goalscoring record of last season. Not that crazy about the guy to be honest, I think he'd need alot of time adjusting to the pace of the EPL. And he has a personal preference for the spanish league, so I doubt he'd come here.
      « Last Edit: Aug 18, 2010 01:29:39 pm by Dexter »
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,624 posts | 3855 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #16: Aug 18, 2010 02:01:35 pm
      Already have an older thread for him mate: http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php?topic=31459.0

Gave my opinion on him in there. A straight swap between Babel and Ruiz would be an improvement though, but I wouldn't add much if any money. Ruiz's price is too inflated because of his goalscoring record of last season. Not that crazy about the guy to be honest, I think he'd need alot of time adjusting to the pace of the EPL. And he has a personal preference for the spanish league, so I doubt he'd come here.

Should have looked a little harder in the transfer thread so.

Apologies mods.

Indeed I even responded to it... Doh

Don't be too impressed by his goal scoring record in the dutch league. Suarez scored alot more and created alot more too, and he's 2 years younger, but I'm not even 100% about him succeeding in a physical league like the EPL. Ofcourse there's some exceptions. If you ask me, Bryan Ruiz hasn't improved that much from last season, yet he's sold for 3 times as much as they bought him last season. Just saying  (very surprised to see him being linked to us)

But maybe I should just accept we're becoming european sub top too?

Reads it.
      Leaves the thread.
      Zeus
      • Forum David Johnson

• 244 posts |
      Reply #17: Aug 18, 2010 04:36:52 pm
      Man, Ruiz would be amazing.  A seriously good buy and not just a good player at the right price.
      Alicus
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 15 
      Reply #18: Aug 18, 2010 07:07:50 pm
      He's quite decent actually, and much better than N'Gog.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #19: Aug 18, 2010 07:14:44 pm
      He's quite decent actually, and much better than N'Gog.
      N'Gog is 4 years younger than Ruiz. I don't think Ruiz is that much better than him, but even if he would be he certainly won't be anymore in 2 years, let alone 4 years.
      Alicus
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 15 
      Reply #20: Aug 18, 2010 07:33:52 pm
      but we gotta win now and not later
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #21: Aug 18, 2010 07:40:26 pm
      I hear you, and I think Ruiz would be a huge improvement from Babel, but if you want N'Gog to develop and get better then you need to play him. If you only want to win now and not later then you might as well stop using and developing youth players at all.
      Alicus
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 15 
      Reply #22: Aug 18, 2010 07:42:23 pm
      That's not what I said. It's just that I'm not going to wait 4 years without a co-striker so NGog can get better.

He can still play even if we get Ruiz.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #23: Aug 18, 2010 07:48:23 pm
      It's not going to take 4 years though. And if we'd get a striker I'd like us to get one who is an out an out striker, someone who could replace Torres if needed. Ruiz isn't that type of player, he looks lost in that role. But in a Babel swap I'd take him, because I don't really rate Babel.
      Alicus
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 15 
      Reply #24: Aug 18, 2010 07:50:55 pm
      We need someone from the Bundesliga for that one.
      Zeus
      • Forum David Johnson

• 244 posts |
      Reply #25: Aug 31, 2010 07:31:44 am
      Guys, on twitter and websites like lfcglobe.com, apparently Bryan Ruiz is now our top target on deadline day.  Personally he'd be my first choice over Gomez or C Cole as he can play anywhere across the forward line.  I am pretty sure we are negotiating with a handful of clubs in the hope that one deal comes off - until then, we will be linked to quite a few people!!!!

Sources: 
      Ben White on Twitter - @B_Twizzy "Gomez deal definitely dead. LFC in negotiations with FC Twente over a fee for Bryan Ruiz".
      http://lfcglobe.com/
      Discussion going on at RAWK too - http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=262620.80.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,624 posts | 3855 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #26: Aug 31, 2010 09:51:07 am
      Guys, on twitter and websites like lfcglobe.com, apparently Bryan Ruiz is now our top target on deadline day.  Personally he'd be my first choice over Gomez or C Cole as he can play anywhere across the forward line.  I am pretty sure we are negotiating with a handful of clubs in the hope that one deal comes off - until then, we will be linked to quite a few people!!!!

Sources: 
      Ben White on Twitter - @B_Twizzy "Gomez deal definitely dead. LFC in negotiations with FC Twente over a fee for Bryan Ruiz".
      http://lfcglobe.com/
      Discussion going on at RAWK too - http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=262620.80.

It's predominately twitter bull though.

According to some tweets we are close to a deal with Turan and Gomez has just landed in JLA.... Sigh
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #27: Aug 31, 2010 12:15:03 pm
      He has already been quite clear that he won't come to a club that doesn't play Champions League, so this isn't happening.

Quick Reply