Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

David Ngog (West Brom)

Read 9709 times
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Re: David Ngog (West Brom)
      Reply #46: Jul 26, 2010 07:14:53 pm
      I agree with the above - he is no way worth £4Million, and with wages @£2Million no one is going to go anywhere near him..! The guy just isent good enough, in the last 2 games he has done nothing, same as last season.
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #47: Jul 26, 2010 07:20:29 pm
      Dick-ed? Didn't know personally aimed abusive comments were allowed on such sites but nevermind. Just thought id ask how on earth you could rate a player like Ngog at £4m? He practically did bugger all for us last season and I wish people would stop making up excuses for him that he had to fill the boots of Torres, if that got to him so much then he isn't as good as your making him out to be.

I'm not trying to make him out to be the finished article and thinking about it, having to fill Nando's boots shouldn't be an excuse, I'll give you that but justify saying he's worth 50p if you can.. I just felt it was a stupid comment towards a young player bought for peanuts that didn't do any worse than any of the other more popular players..
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #48: Jul 26, 2010 07:27:07 pm
      I'm not trying to make him out to be the finished article and thinking about it, having to fill Nando's boots shouldn't be an excuse, I'll give you that but justify saying he's worth 50p if you can.. I just felt it was a stupid comment towards a young player bought for peanuts that didn't do any worse than any of the other more popular players..

50p was just a number i made up in my head, really meaning to explain that he's worth nothing near £4m. The more popular players are obviously in the spot light more so more focus goes into their performances than the lesser profile players like Ngog but he doesn't use his attributes to his advantage at times, i have to say though that he does get himself into some good positions. I shall reserve any further judgement then until i see him perform with a striker alongside him.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,522 posts | 2874 
      Reply #49: Jul 26, 2010 08:43:45 pm
      Kuyt - 11 in 53
      Gerrard - 12 in 46
      Ngog - 8 in 37

And Gerrard/Kuyt mainly start. Yeah because all the critisism Ngog get's is deserved. :roll:
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #50: Jul 26, 2010 08:49:57 pm
      I'd say he's worth £4million. He has showed glimpses of quality over the last two seasons and has a decent goal record. I've seen much worse players move for £4million+ before.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #51: Jul 26, 2010 09:39:36 pm
      I'd say he's worth £4million. He has showed glimpses of quality over the last two seasons and has a decent goal record. I've seen much worse players move for £4million+ before.

Kuyt - 11 in 53
      Gerrard - 12 in 46
      Ngog - 8 in 37

And Gerrard/Kuyt mainly start. Yeah because all the critisism Ngog get's is deserved. :roll:

Seriously, this is not a great games to goals ratio! you have to compaire like for like - Ngog is a striker playing as a striker, Kuyt and Gerrard are not playing up top so there ratio's are not only better or equal but there better from midfield..! If we go down that route dident Morientes score 9 in 41? Now you wouldnt pay £4Million for that and he was a proven goal scorer, not a kid with potiential...

A goal every 4.76 games is not a £4Million signing - let alone the £2Million in wages he is reportidley after. If we spent money like that you would not be impressed with Roy (or Rafa when he did it!)
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #52: Jul 26, 2010 11:53:24 pm

Think you are exaggerating a little bit with the 'quality' comment, his goal to games ratio is below par - i will say though that he does come on mostly as a sub but is sort of ineffective when he does come on. And just because other players move for £4m or more, it doesn't automatically mean he is worth £4m.
      jack_lfc
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 121 posts |
      Reply #53: Jul 27, 2010 12:04:33 am
      will he even get in the first team next season though. torres will be first choice. then hopefully a new striker. 3rd choice will be jovanovic. 4th choice would be kuyt. then i'd hope it's pacheco to get a few games. if he goes on loan he'll get playing matches, though i'd rather he be sold.
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,875 posts | 165 
      Reply #54: Jul 27, 2010 12:11:34 am
      West Brom is just about his level, championship quality at best, never be good enough for us.
      RyanBabs

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      • London town is burning down
      Reply #55: Jul 27, 2010 12:46:56 am
      West Brom is just about his level, championship quality at best, never be good enough for us.

truth
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #56: Jul 27, 2010 09:05:15 am
      How many experienced players have come into the Premiership and failed? Too many to mention.

Ngog is not only young and inexperienced but had to be thrown into a new league in a new country and played predominantly on his own up front for a team devoid of confidence.

Come on lads, give the lad a break. We all know he isn't ready to be first choice for us but with a bit more experience under his belt, there's every chance he could turn into a useful player, especially as part of a front 2.
      If he needs to go out on loan to gain that experience then so be it but I genuinely think he has real potential. Even if you don't agree then I refer you to the bit in bold and you'll surely admit he should be given another chance??
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #57: Jul 27, 2010 10:44:20 am
      I would be happy if this lad is sold he is clearly not good enough for a top Premiership club, his all round game is awful.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #58: Jul 27, 2010 05:35:36 pm
      Could shine at Brom.

Not here though. I like him and think he is better than what most say but he won't have the game time he needs to improve and be the player he can be at Liverpool. Could make 4m like paulrobbo said.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #59: Jul 29, 2010 10:26:36 pm
      Seriously, this is not a great games to goals ratio! you have to compaire like for like - Ngog is a striker playing as a striker, Kuyt and Gerrard are not playing up top so there ratio's are not only better or equal but there better from midfield..! If we go down that route dident Morientes score 9 in 41? Now you wouldnt pay £4Million for that and he was a proven goal scorer, not a kid with potiential...

A goal every 4.76 games is not a £4Million signing - let alone the £2Million in wages he is reportidley after. If we spent money like that you would not be impressed with Roy (or Rafa when he did it!)

Just seen the score! Going to get a plate, knife and fork... Then a place a massive slice of humble pie on it and chow down!
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #60: Jul 29, 2010 10:29:20 pm
      I bet some of you lot that slated him feel like cocks now, give him a break, he's developing well and is doing a decent job when suddenly relied on.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,378 posts | 2884 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #61: Jul 29, 2010 10:34:55 pm
      I bet some of you lot that slated him feel like cocks now, give him a break, he's developing well and is doing a decent job when suddenly relied on.

here here
      Witto
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,621 posts | 15 
      • Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Luis Suarez.
      Reply #62: Jul 29, 2010 10:44:21 pm
      You can't change your opinion on one decent performance, consistency is key, I'll wait til I start seeing consistency from Ngog before I change my mind about Ngog :)
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #63: Jul 29, 2010 10:53:54 pm
      You can't change your opinion on one decent performance, consistency is key, I'll wait til I start seeing consistency from Ngog before I change my mind about Ngog :)

How about two more goals in the return leg :)
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #64: Jul 29, 2010 10:58:44 pm
      Still would be extremely happy if we got £6 million for him.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Reply #65: Jul 29, 2010 11:05:27 pm
      Could have the potential to be our top scorer this season.

I sh*t you not.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #66: Jul 29, 2010 11:08:29 pm
      You are joking Shabs are you.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Reply #67: Jul 29, 2010 11:10:35 pm

Got a feeling mate! a wierd feeling that he is gonna be explosive this season.
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,875 posts | 165 
      Reply #68: Jul 29, 2010 11:13:01 pm
      Scores two against a pub team & now he's gonna get a hat full. :lmao:

Quick Reply