Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 17th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W7 D4 L3

No shirt or independent retailer?

Read 1978 times
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 31,454 posts | 2848 
      No shirt or independent retailer?
      Jul 10, 2010 02:47:33 am
      I've been hearing loads of conflicting stories about this  :-\ So I could do with a definite answer here please.

Basically I am a support of the 'Not A Penny More' campaign. I don't wish to give another penny of my hard earned cash to the four cu*ts at our club. However I do wish to buy a couple of shirts for family relatives if possible.

Simple question, will a penny go to the club if I head down to JJB on Saturday afternoon like I've planned? Because if it does then I will explain to my family members why they haven't bought them a shirt etc.

Sorry for starting a thread about this but I need an answer soon (as I'm off on Thursday! :D) and I feared a comment in any existing thread would get lost. I've been hearing different people saying different things so it would be appreciated if I could get a good answer soon.

Thanks. :)
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Re: No shirt or independent retailer?
      Reply #1: Jul 10, 2010 02:57:36 am
      Correct me if I'm wrong (JD), but I'm sure he had some sources that said not a penny would go to the club if you bought from an independant retailer.

I don't think that's a problem mate.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #2: Jul 10, 2010 02:59:51 am
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #3: Jul 10, 2010 03:01:04 am
      I can't give you an honest answer chats mate.

But I'll give you and everyone else an honest question. Is it essential to have 'the new kit' whilst we have rapist owners?

That's just my take on it. I'd rather go get something from the HJC Shop. Money worth spending. Years ago all you needed was something red.

But I understand the pressure from the kids.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #4: Jul 10, 2010 03:13:05 am
      But I'll give you and everyone else an honest question. Is it essential to have 'the new kit' whilst we have rapist owners?

That's just my take on it. I'd rather go get something from the HJC Shop. Money worth spending. Years ago all you needed was something red.

Agree. As far as I am concerned it is all tainted and will be until the day they leave, I too would rather get something from the HJC.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #5: Jul 10, 2010 03:23:33 am
      Yeah, that's RedRoy.

More than a pinch of salt.

Aha, found it:
      Just to clear this up - from the sources I've spoken to - 'NOT A PENNY' from a shirt sale from an independent retailer goes to the club.

Adidas have paid the sportswear sponsorship deal, and I happen to think that it's important to the long term future of the club.

Now, some have decided they don't want any official merchandise, but from a personal point of view I have absolutely no problem with anyone buying the new shirts, as long as they didn't buy them from the club. (Because the club make the 'retail' profit that would normally go to a shop)

The people I won't take lessons from are people who refuse to buy a shirt then hand £40 a week in a ticket to the club for a ticket.

That is hypocrisy of the highest order.

And I'm sorry to say, but if I see anybody in the 'fans shirt' at the match then I am going to assume they are a complete dickhead.
      There we go. Proof from the big boss himself.

Literally, not a penny goes to the Club from independant retailers.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #6: Jul 10, 2010 04:22:24 am
      Am I the only one that doesn't see the need to buy more than one shirt? I have a shirt I bought it 2007 which I bought cos I outgrew my old one, and I plan to stick with it...
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #7: Jul 10, 2010 04:24:55 am
      I hate the new shirt and all it represents. Going to stick with my old one
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #8: Jul 10, 2010 08:56:44 am
      Didn't really like the new shirt when it first came out, but it's starting to grow on me.
      I would prefer to buy it from the club when the muppets are gone, but if its going to take months, i'll probably end buying it in town.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #9: Jul 10, 2010 10:08:19 am
      I hate the new shirt and all it represents. Going to stick with my old one

I'm with lester on this.  :gt-happyup:
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,674 posts | 6968 
      Reply #10: Jul 10, 2010 10:20:42 am
      The purpose of the campaign is direct action against Liverpool FC whilst the owners are present.

This means no payments directly to Liverpool FC, either via the ticket window or via it's online store or via it's club shops in Liverpool, Anfield and Chester.

It's a simple, to the message campaign and that is what we have signed up to.  There is no ambiguity there.

Since day one the aims of the campaign has stressed the action is against the owners, not against our beloved club.  The advice, although not officially publicised by Spirit of Shankly, is also avoidance of using the official club stores.

Purchases from independent retailers are perfectly acceptable.

By refusing to buy the shirt from the club store you are hitting H&G in the pocket today.
      By refusing to buy the shirt full stop you are hitting the club in the pocket down the line, possibly under new owners, when adidas reconsider their deals.
      Cardy
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 173 posts |
      Reply #11: Jul 10, 2010 11:49:44 am
      Just seen them in Great Homer St market for £20 each not the mcoy but good quality copies
      Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,585 posts | 62 
      • At the end of the storm- Is a golden sky....
      Reply #12: Jul 10, 2010 12:51:05 pm
      Im glad thats cleared up!

I thought if you bought from anywhere other than the official store, then the owners wont get anything.

I quite like the new shirt, although i find last seasons one more comfortable.

chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 31,454 posts | 2848 
      Reply #13: Jul 10, 2010 01:05:54 pm
      Thanks everyone.

I've no desire for the new shirt to be quite honest. My old one is doing me just fine at the moment. I was just deciding whether to buy a couple for my nephews.

I will probably head down to JJB now and buy a couple knowing that a penny isn't going to the club under the current ownership.  :)

Thanks yet again.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #14: Jul 10, 2010 01:26:25 pm

Is it essential to have 'the new kit' whilst we have rapist owners?

This.

Why do you need the new top? especially if you've got a top from last season? won't that do?

I to would rather support the HJC shop than get the new shirt, I'll be sticking with last season's shirt thank you very much.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #15: Jul 10, 2010 03:12:18 pm
      It's annoying that our away shirt is actually so nice this year (barring the Standard Chartered logo). I'm not gonna buy it simply because regardless of whether money goes to the club, the sales figures will still remain high, meaning the owners won't be getting too worried, but I really do want it! :D
      YNWABairn
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      • Anti Modern Football
      Reply #16: Jul 10, 2010 03:17:48 pm
      I think that if the shirt is bought from private retailers then the owners will get some of the full price, not all of it.
      jamo174
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      Reply #17: Jul 10, 2010 03:30:54 pm
      unfortunately my wife and i received the new shirt as a prezzie from me dad who bought it from an independent retailer. he isnt really aware of all the fans/board situation so he thought (and he was) doing a nice thing. wouldnt want to hurt his feelings by sending it back. have worn it but it in all honesty i actually prefer last years anyway.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #18: Jul 10, 2010 03:40:44 pm
      I do think some people are worrying about this too much, though.

In some respects - just live and let live.

Quick Reply