Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

The Official Site

Read 1613 times
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      The Official Site
      Jul 08, 2010 10:53:03 am
      I'm no longer going to view the official site, as it has the stink of purslime, and his PR machine all over it.

They are trying to spin everything into their own favour, and as with merchandise, I am boycotting it until the cu*ts have gone.

For a flavour of what I mean, read this piece:
      Roy Hodgson has revealed his delight at the content of his talks with Steven Gerrard and Jamie Carragher - and the new boss is confident of a similar outcome when he meets with Fernando Torres after the World Cup.
      Just hours after being confirmed as Liverpool manager last Thursday, Hodgson met with Gerrard and Carragher - and later Academy Ambassador Kenny Dalglish - in his new office at Melwood.

And the tactician was left thrilled with the positive nature of the conversations.

"I think they went splendidly," Hodgson told LFC Weekly. "I was very happy to meet the players and, of course, Kenny who I already know so well.

"I was delighted to see how positive they are. Everybody is looking forward to the new season."

He added: "Obviously Steven and Jamie are the playing heartbeat of the club and it's very important we keep people like that with us.

"I anticipate there might be a situation where other big clubs will try and sign Steven, but he gave no indication that he wanted to leave.

"Nobody at the club wants him to go so I will be doing my utmost to make sure he stays. I am confident he will."

One player Hodgson has yet to meet is Torres due to the striker's World Cup commitments.

However, the Spain star announced over the weekend he was pleased with the appointment of the 62-year-old and eager to hear the new gaffer's plans for 2010-11 - and Hodgson admits the feeling is mutual.

"Fernando is a wonderful striker and I understand the fans' concerns about his future," he said.

"Unfortunately with the World Cup still on, I won't be able to meet him face to face for another few weeks. That's just circumstance and you won't hear me complaining about it.

"When I do meet him, I will be doing everything I possibly can to convince him that Liverpool is the place to be.

"If he sees progress, I am confident that he won't want to go anywhere else. I think he understands the club and the city."

Meanwhile, the manager is planning a new role for Dalglish under his Anfield reign.

Hodgson believes the Kop legend has a significant role to play in strengthening communication between the Academy and Melwood as the Reds look to develop new talent.

He explained: "I never doubted that Kenny would leave. He's been offered a role, which I believe is a crucial role for the club - not just in the short term, but in the long term.

"The club will benefit from Kenny's work long after I've left Liverpool and long after he's left as well.

"He is very aware of all the players at the Academy and I understand there are a few promising players emerging.

"He will liaise between Melwood and Kirkby and keep me updated with any developments that he deems necessary.

"There is a bridge between the Academy and the first team that needs to be created and I believe he can help build that bridge."

Nothing wrong on the face of that - but look a little deeper, and you start to notice the propaganda, in every single article, even if it is just one line.
      And the tactician was left thrilled with the positive nature of the conversations.

Already, the propaganda war has started - they are even thinking up what they consider to be suitable nicknames and attributes for Hodge.

Of course, Rafa was known as a master tactician, so they now want us to think of Hodge in the same way, the quicker to forget Rafa.

And let's not forget the "Media Watch" section, where stories from the press are given prominent headlines, so that they seem to some to be given credibility by the club.
      How many people believe reports, because they appear on the official site, when those stories are selectively chosen for their impact?
      How many "stories" about Rafa and his agent appeared here?
      How many people bother to take note of the "disclaimer" which reads
      This story has been reproduced from today's media. It does not necessarily represent the position of Liverpool Football Club.
      ?

Selecitve article are posted, sometime out of context in the propaganda war we are engaged in with purslime and the owners.

the nazi party approach to propaganda was "If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it...." this is what they are trying to do via a site we are supposed to trust.

F**k them.

Not a penny more, and no rest until they are out of this club - preferably in the ground.
      « Last Edit: Jul 08, 2010 11:02:13 am by KennyIsKing »
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Re: The Official Site
      Reply #1: Jul 08, 2010 11:00:11 am
      I stopped reading/visiting the official site when they run an advert for The S*n then started that "media watch" sh*te. So you're preaching to the converted KiK.  >:D
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,487 posts | 350 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #2: Jul 08, 2010 11:01:31 am
      note how masch is not mentioned :roll:
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #3: Jul 08, 2010 11:03:56 am
      I stopped reading/visiting the official site when they run an advert for The S*n then started that "media watch" sh*te. So you're preaching to the converted KiK.  >:D

Me too, but I have been keeping an eye on articles on there just to see how far they will go in this propaganda war of theirs.

IMO the answer is that they will say anything to get what THEY WANT.

But the point is, more people need to be educated as to how low the site has sunk, and stop believing and buying into the tripe posted on there.
      Cardy
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 173 posts |
      Reply #4: Jul 09, 2010 10:59:52 am
      Theres never anything on it from the club it is all from related press releases , the only thing they put on there is what they are going to rip you off with .
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #5: Jul 09, 2010 11:06:50 am
      Thought this for a long while now. It used to be the first call for confirmation on anything to do with the club. But since Purslow came in, it seems that certain sections of the media seem to find out 'for definite' before the official site puts it out there. See the appointment of Roy Hodgson. Rafa leaving. Yossi getting off. The list could go on.

Another quote, and this is more of a petty personal grievance with regards to writing, was something along the lines of 'the gaffer' when referring to Hodgson. When has anyone writing directly for the club used terms such as those? It doesn't feel right and I can only think it will continue to decrease in stature as a valid source of information about the club.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #6: Jul 09, 2010 11:18:16 am
      I used to visit the site pretty much every day.

Now, I only visit when something big is happening. This is my source of LFC news nowadays.
      TheKopite*****
      • Forum Ian St John

• 433 posts |
      Reply #7: Jul 09, 2010 12:15:57 pm
      Ya stopped going on the site as nothing on there is generated from the club itself. @InertObject: Very good observation, looks more and more likely that Masch is a goner!
      YNWABairn
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      • Anti Modern Football
      Reply #8: Jul 09, 2010 05:48:15 pm
      I stopped reading/visiting the official site when they run an advert for The S*n then started that "media watch" sh*te. So you're preaching to the converted KiK.  >:D

The s*n? when did this happen? that's beyond complaining about, that's f*cking everything the fans have been fighting for.

JF96
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #9: Jul 09, 2010 08:34:58 pm
      I stopped looking at that site a long time ago mate, but good shout on flagging it up.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Reply #10: Jul 09, 2010 09:30:33 pm
      The official site is an absolute joke and one I haven't visited in a long time.

When you have the clubs official website publishing transfer gossip from the days media you know it is not worth bothering with. The news on the site should be about what actually happening at the club i.e. when a player has signed or left or at the club in talks not who some idiot journalist has decided to link us with in the morning papers.
      StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #11: Jul 09, 2010 09:33:25 pm
      I trust talkaloadofbull.com before the offal site these days :lmao:
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,334 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #12: Jul 10, 2010 12:23:43 pm
      I used to visit the site pretty much every day.

Now, I only visit when something big is happening. This is my source of LFC news nowadays.

Same.

And it's a huge shame cause I thought .tv was one of the best football club sites around.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #13: Jul 10, 2010 12:34:19 pm
      Same.

And it's a huge shame cause I thought .tv was one of the best football club sites around.

It was pretty good before the 2 tumours came.

Now it just seems to be purslimes sneaky mouthpiece.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #14: Jul 10, 2010 01:13:05 pm
      It became one of the worst source on LIVERPOOL FC news
        it was much better and easy to follow before
        If I am not mistaken it was one of the most football club sites  visited, Now i doubt its in that position
         Anyway no surprise in that, all has gone down reagarding our club since the 2 clowns and their puppets arrived

YNWA
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #15: Jul 10, 2010 04:16:04 pm
      The fact they even post transfer gossip on there is a disgrace.

What happened to the old Liverpool way?..Destroyed by greedy, selfish cooperate desperate seeking knobheads thats what!!!!

Quick Reply