Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Ryan Babel (Birmingham-Again)

Read 2726 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Ryan Babel (Birmingham-Again)
      Reply #23: Jun 14, 2010 11:27:40 pm
      I really can't see this happening.
      liverpool9292
      • Forum John Toshack

• 256 posts |
      Reply #24: Jun 16, 2010 03:26:11 pm
      i think babel could be really good next season if the right type of manager comes in. wouldnt sell him unless we are offered stupid money
      RyanBabs
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      • London town is burning down
      ryan babel birmingham
      Reply #25: Jul 14, 2010 09:58:34 am
      Birmingham City boss Alex McLeish looking to make £8m move for Liverpool forward Ryan Babel
      Birmingham City manager Alex McLeish is set to make another £8 million bid for Liverpool striker Ryan Babel.

McLeish was not successful in his bid to get the Netherlands international last January as the price that former Reds boss Rafael Benitez was seeking proved to be too high for Birmingham.

Now that Roy Hodgson is in charge of Liverpool, McLeish will attempt to bring Babel to St Andrew's again, according to The Daily Star.

Hodgson is looking to sell in order to fund moves for his transfer targets, and the 23-year-old Dutchman could be sacrificed.

Up to this point McLeish has spent a combined £12m to buy striker Nikola Zigic and goalkeeper Ben Foster, and the Blues' manager hopes to add more players to the squad this summer.

“We want to bring in another couple of bodies to the squad at least. We are trying to add more players,” McLeish said.

Birmingham are looking to build on a creditable ninth-placed finish in the Premier League last season.

Link
      « Last Edit: Jul 14, 2010 10:08:48 am by CRK, Reason: Article added »
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #26: Jul 14, 2010 11:53:41 am
      Didn't even realise that they bought Foster.

£8m is a pretty decent deal - isn't that around how much somebody like Turan would cost?
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,615 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #27: Jul 14, 2010 12:58:55 pm
      Bite their fukin hands off. !
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #28: Jul 14, 2010 01:02:52 pm
      £8m = Defour, as much as I said Babel would probably get a chance under Roy I'd hope Roy would off load him, just not to Arsenal as he's always flattered to decieve.

Quick Reply