Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 24th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W9 D1 L4

Park Chu-Young (AS Monaco)

Read 14461 times
      corballyred
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Jul 14, 2010 05:15:37 pm
      There is a lot of reports springing up on the internet linking us to the South Korean forward. He had a decent World Cup but has been pretty average for Monaco and has a poor goalscoring record for a forward.

I think if this true it is a move being pushed by Purslow and Ayres not Hodgson. I watched an interview a couple of weeks ago and he was on about buying a middle eastern player to break the market there, if he comes that is exactly the reason why. I would be disgusted with this.
      « Last Edit: Jun 03, 2011 12:55:08 am by paulrobbo »
      dodgy
      • Forum Ian St John

• 426 posts | 14 
      Re: Park Chu Young (Monaco)
      Reply #1: Jul 14, 2010 05:18:28 pm
      It's not good at all but sadly that's the nature of modern day football
      kanno
      • On Trial

• 4 posts |
      Reply #2: Jul 14, 2010 05:28:40 pm
      S.korea is not in middle east.

That's in far-east, with Japan & China.
      corballyred
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #3: Jul 14, 2010 05:31:35 pm
      Well it is the market Ayres was talking about breaking, he was actually talking about how many jerseys Park sold for Utd in South Korea.

That is the only reason this lad would be bought to sell jerseys thanks anyway kanno for the geography leason.
      kanno
      • On Trial

• 4 posts |
      Reply #4: Jul 14, 2010 05:42:48 pm
      I'm korean.

but I don't want Park sign LFC.

I want liverpool-class players, and I don't think he is the one.

sorry for my english is not so good.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #5: Jul 14, 2010 05:46:21 pm
      I'd rather see the lad who plays for Bolton signed, he is pretty decent.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #6: Jul 14, 2010 05:53:16 pm
      I'd rather see the lad who plays for Bolton signed, he is pretty decent.

Same here. Lee Chung-Yong is it?
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #7: Jul 14, 2010 05:54:47 pm
      Same here. Lee Chung-Yong is it?

Yeah, he has reallt good for Bolton second half of the season. And pretty good in the WC, and at 22 will be a good shout. If we are in the sh*te for transfer funds then we could do a lot worse than him. In fact even if we had money i'd suggest him.
      corballyred
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #8: Jul 14, 2010 05:58:27 pm
      Park Chu Young got 19 goals in 2 seasons for Seoul before he was signed for Monaco where he has being a poor signing to be honest, so he is far from profilic.

But hey he will sell millions of jerseys in Korea, so go buy him Ayres I mean Hodgson(I'm being sacrastic just in case ye don't know)
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,658 posts | 3891 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #9: Jul 15, 2010 10:24:51 am
      Well it is the market Ayres was talking about breaking, he was actually talking about how many jerseys Park sold for Utd in South Korea.

That is the only reason this lad would be bought to sell jerseys thanks anyway kanno for the geography leason.

Saw that interview.
      He pretty much came out and said if it was up to him they would have a player from that market.

So our next three signings will be Asian, African and American... Gotta cover all the bases/markets
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #10: Jul 15, 2010 10:29:40 am
      Who the F**k is this bloke....?
      dodgy
      • Forum Ian St John

• 426 posts | 14 
      Reply #11: Jul 15, 2010 10:30:11 am
      Saw that interview.
      He pretty much came out and said if it was up to him they would have a player from that market.

So our next three signings will be Asian, African and American... Gotta cover all the bases/markets

Saw that as well
      I can understand why they are doing it from a "business" point of view but footballing wise think it's poor unless of course they are actually good enough
      Yanson
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #12: Jul 16, 2010 03:45:29 am
      You must looking for AS Monaco fan page. You could know that how upset they were about his rumor.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #13: Jul 16, 2010 05:44:33 am
      Not a bad player but I'd take Honda from japan in a second. Great great player
      Yanson
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #14: Jul 16, 2010 08:45:34 am
      Honda? Wow that's great idea. He (the super super star) must be just only 20m according to CSKA. So cheap price. isn't it? But I think there r many better choices if we could get 20m. Am I wrong? :mad:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,453 posts | 8662 
      Reply #15: Jul 16, 2010 10:54:26 am
      Surely with an apparent lack of transfer funds, we shouldn't be blowing it on no-marks or never-will-be's.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #16: Jun 03, 2011 12:49:22 am

Liverpool and Aston Villa tracking South Korean striker Park Chu-Young

Last updated at 11:40 PM on 2nd June 2011

Liverpool and Aston Villa are showing interest in Monaco striker Park Chu-Young.

The South Korean, 25, was a target for Roy Hodgson last summer.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1393714/Liverpool-Aston-Villa-tracking-South-Korean-striker-Park-Chu-Young.html
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Re: Park Chu-Young (AS Monaco)
      Reply #17: Jun 03, 2011 12:51:00 am
      corballyred
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #18: Jun 03, 2011 08:55:25 am
      Would be bought solely to sell jerseys
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #19: Jun 03, 2011 09:11:34 am
      I wonder how many AS Monaco tops were sold, in S.Korea, because he played for them? I'm guessing: not many.
      corballyred
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #20: Jun 03, 2011 09:23:01 am
      I think it would be more interesting to see how many Park Man Utd jerseys got sold in Asia due to him playing with Utd. Interesting Ayre said recently signing an Asian player would help revenue there. I'd prefer to sign lads on talent alone. From what I hear the lad is nothing special
      redmau5
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 393 posts |
      Reply #21: Jun 03, 2011 09:28:25 am
      Only asian player i would sign is honda.  Tbh, i think they are too small and fragile for the prem.  Maybe in europe they can get on fine, but their history in the prem is small.  And very few can cope with the physical game of the prem.

Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #22: Jun 15, 2011 12:09:07 pm

Premier League clubs keep eye on Park Chu-young

By Yi Whan-woo

AS Monaco striker Park Chu-young is wanted by Liverpool and Bolton Wanderers, a French sports magazine reported Friday.

According to L’Equipe, the two Premier League clubs are “tracking the South Korean international’s situation,” who plans to move to England after his team was relegated from the French first division, Ligue 1, this season.

The forward has previously stated his intention to play at a club that “can advance to the European Champions League.”

Park scored 12 goals in 33 league appearances in his third season in the French league to finish as the club’s highest scorer. The 25-year-old was also ranked 12th in the Ligue 1 scoring charts.

Park has established himself as a key player for Monaco and statistics have improved since his debut in 2008. He had five goals in 31 Ligue 1 games in the 2008-09 season, and eight in 27 matches the following campaign.

While Park is under contract with the French outfit until 2013, the South Korean has drawn interest from a number of clubs, including Ligue 1 teams such as Olympique Lyonnais, who finished the season in third place.

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/sports/2011/06/136_88253.html
      corballyred
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #23: Jun 15, 2011 12:12:40 pm
      Heard he hasn't been great for them, haven't seen him myself, think all he would be is a jersey seller
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #24: Jun 15, 2011 07:57:43 pm
      He's horribly greedy, you know how sometimes you just want to strangle Suarez for taking it on himself?  Chu-Young is the same but without those "dribble through four Manchester United defenders" or "score from a stupid angle against Sunderland" moments.
      cezar_sl
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 612 posts |
      Reply #25: Jun 15, 2011 08:36:00 pm
      12 goals last season for a relegated team is not that bad.
      Better him than Carlton Cole.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #26: Jun 15, 2011 08:43:32 pm
      12 goals last season for a relegated team is not that bad.
      Better him than Carlton Cole.

Stop driving the Delorean back to November, mate. Roy Hodgson has been sacked :D. There's a new sheriff in town, one who won't be after Carlton Cole.

Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #27: Jun 15, 2011 11:25:18 pm

Striker Park Cho-young wants Liverpool move

Last updated at 10:58 PM on 15th June 2011

South Korea striker Park Cho-young, 26, is ready to snub offers from Paris St Germain and Lille to join Liverpool. Monaco want £5.3million.

Park said: 'I would like to have a new challenge in a stronger team capable of competing in bigger tournaments like the Champions League.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2003999/Park-Cho-young-wants-Liverpool-Doni-fails-agree-deal.html
      Shemy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 591 posts |
      Reply #28: Jun 16, 2011 02:59:56 am
      can he provide better cover than N'Gog?
      LiverpoolCornhusker
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 656 posts | 24 
      Reply #29: Jun 16, 2011 03:57:00 am
      He's horribly greedy, you know how sometimes you just want to strangle Suarez for taking it on himself?  Chu-Young is the same but without those "dribble through four Manchester United defenders" or "score from a stupid angle against Sunderland" moments.

you probably know more about him than I do, as I know almost zero. but in this match he looked like a playmaker, imagine if those players he was passing to were suarez or gerrard or carroll I think he'd have an assist or two in this game. -of course I meant other than that beauty at 1:53- perhaps he plays differently for monaco than for his national team as well

haha forgot the video:

Park Chu Young against Honduras.
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #30: Jun 16, 2011 04:32:59 am
      you probably know more about him than I do, as I know almost zero. but in this match he looked like a playmaker, imagine if those players he was passing to were suarez or gerrard or carroll I think he'd have an assist or two in this game. -of course I meant other than that beauty at 1:53- perhaps he plays differently for monaco than for his national team as well

haha forgot the video:

Park Chu Young against Honduras.

Only seen him a handful of times in games against Lyon and at the WC of course, so that's probably not that true.  Probably another few random league matches thrown in as well, I really like watching French league, it's really interesting tactically.  Anyhow, seemed pretty decent, greedy little f**ker though.  Strange that the clip of him being all mr. teamplay and teamwork is from the national team as I remember him being really wasteful in the WC, whereas I can't remember his wastefulness standing out at Monaco.  Not to say it wasn't there but I certainly can't remember it.  Maybe that's how he got so many goals for a relegated team.

I would not be surprised in the slightest if this lad gets bought in as a replacement for N'Gog.  It screams moneyball all over.  Does look very nice in that video though, if he could do that for us - who wouldn't want him here as a replacement for N'Gog who is pretty much nailed on to leave.

« Last Edit: Jun 16, 2011 04:38:30 am by vitez »
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #31: Jun 25, 2011 11:50:16 pm

Park free to leave Monaco
      Premier League duo in the running for South Korean's signature

By Edwin Chong
      Last Updated: June 25, 2011 6:43pm

Monaco will not stand in the way of Park Chu-Young if the striker wants to join another club.

The South Korea international recently expressed his desire to play in a more competitive league after Monaco were relegated to Ligue 2 last season.

Liverpool, Tottenham, Paris St Germain and Rennes are reportedly interested in Park but question marks surrounding the 25-year-old's availability have delayed transfer talks.

However, Monaco club president Etienne Franzi has now confirmed to the French media that their star player is free to leave, but will demand a figure in the region of €6million (£5.3million).

Franzi cited the player's significant contribution to the club over the past three seasons as the main reason as to why he would not block a proposed move away from Stade Louis II.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_7004996,00.html
      LiverpoolCornhusker
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 656 posts | 24 
      Reply #32: Jun 26, 2011 12:07:09 am
      Park free to leave Monaco
      Premier League duo in the running for South Korean's signature

By Edwin Chong
      Last Updated: June 25, 2011 6:43pm

Monaco will not stand in the way of Park Chu-Young if the striker wants to join another club.

The South Korea international recently expressed his desire to play in a more competitive league after Monaco were relegated to Ligue 2 last season.

Liverpool, Tottenham, Paris St Germain and Rennes are reportedly interested in Park but question marks surrounding the 25-year-old's availability have delayed transfer talks.

However, Monaco club president Etienne Franzi has now confirmed to the French media that their star player is free to leave, but will demand a figure in the region of €6million (£5.3million).

Franzi cited the player's significant contribution to the club over the past three seasons as the main reason as to why he would not block a proposed move away from Stade Louis II.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_7004996,00.html

I wouldn't mind him for 5.3 million, i bet standard chartered are blowing up DC's phone about this one
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #33: Jun 26, 2011 01:34:55 pm
      I checked him out and when you consider his age and his price, I reckon he would be a decent back-up choice. I would be happy to see him at the club but with the assurances that we get someone else as well.
      blackout17
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 32 posts |
      • YNWA
      Park Chu-Young (Monaco)
      Reply #34: Jul 05, 2011 07:51:03 pm
      Issued a come and get me plea to play with for idol, King Kenny

Monaco midfielder Park Chu-Young has issued a come and get me plea to Liverpool - and insists he doesn't want to go anywhere else.
      The South Korean captain will snub possible moves to AC Milan, Spurs and Paris St Germain to fulfil his boyhood dream and play for his hero Kenny Dalglish.
      The 25-year-old is available for around £6million and, with Liverpool touring south-east Asia this summer, Young's arrival could not be timed any better from a commercial sense.
      It’s well known that Liverpool’s shirt sponsors Standard Chartered are keen to see Asian players don the red shirt to help the bank exploit one of its biggest markets.
      Standard's £20m-a-season sponsorship deal with Liverpool is one of the most lucrative in Premier League history, and Gavin Law, the group head of corporate affairs for Standard Chartered, said: “We would love the club to have players of nationalities from the markets in which we operate. Look what Park [Ji-sung] has done for [Manchester] United in terms of coverage in Korea.
      "Liverpool are more aware than most other clubs we've spoken to of the commercial opportunity for them. If they can sell a million shirts with another Mr Park on the back, why wouldn't you?"

What you think?
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Re: Park Chu-Young (Monaco)
      Reply #35: Jul 05, 2011 07:53:43 pm
      pedro43
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts |
      Reply #36: Jul 05, 2011 07:56:55 pm
      Just seen him on u-tube worth 6mill of anyones money at todays inflated prices Looks quick and skillful better than Adam would snatch him up ASAP
      blackout17
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 32 posts |
      • YNWA
      Reply #37: Jul 05, 2011 07:57:45 pm
      be good for the asian advertising
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,974 posts | 5034 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #38: Jul 05, 2011 07:59:19 pm
      But is he any good ? i'm not up on my Asian players except the better known ones in the UK, would he fit in to the hustle and bustle of a EPL match ??
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,258 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #39: Jul 05, 2011 08:07:08 pm
      Topics Merged.

Thanks Reprobate.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #40: Jul 05, 2011 08:09:54 pm
      I've never seen him play. He looks good on youtube, but so do I to be fair. Any Frenchies?
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #41: Jul 05, 2011 08:12:22 pm
      This is the only user who has any real knowledge of him.

I'm korean.

but I don't want Park sign LFC.

I want liverpool-class players, and I don't think he is the one.

sorry for my english is not so good.
      donk1664
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 128 posts |
      Reply #42: Jul 05, 2011 11:16:14 pm
      Still at around £6m and with good feet and a touch of pace, would probably help improve the squad, couple that with the return in sales and advertising in S.E Asia and he's surely a better bet than Adam!!!
      Witto
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,621 posts | 15 
      • Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Luis Suarez.
      Reply #43: Jul 05, 2011 11:18:56 pm
      I hope we don't buy him for the sake of getting an asian player for shirt sales abroad ...
      LFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,715 posts | 36 
      • In JK I trust! YNWA
      Reply #44: Jul 05, 2011 11:33:12 pm
      I am not sure about this guy, but he does seem too plain, nothing special about him.

Though his shirt sales would be a big financial gain and also I'd rather have him on the bench to bring on than N'Gog.
      donk1664
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 128 posts |
      Reply #45: Jul 05, 2011 11:38:15 pm
      I hope we don't buy him for the sake of getting an asian player for shirt sales abroad ...

I agree that this should never be the principal reason.However if the lad can help improve the squad and with FFP then the powers that be will have looked at the numbers, see the possible returns and if they figure that they'll outway the outlay/risks they they'll green light it.

and help us build
      OoLiaaaaaMoO
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,813 posts | 11 
      • In King Kenny WE Trust!
      Reply #46: Jul 05, 2011 11:41:26 pm
      I watched him on Youtube and he looks like a workhorse and good a good dribbler we also might be able to swap him for N'Gog and £2 Million.
      sweedgreens
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #47: Jul 10, 2011 04:00:20 pm
      Why is there so much hatred for him. If you actually see him play, he's an aggressive workhorse, never ever gives up. He practically did everything when he played with terrible monaco and he is obviously one of the key players on his national team. When that korean lad from bolton Lee Chong Yong signed, everybody hated on him because he was small but look at him now. He turned out to really good and smart, one of the key players for bolton. He proved everybody wrong so that he can compete in the primer league.

Anyways Park Chu Young, if we sign him, I think we'd all be shocked what he can do for us. Of course he's going to sell millions of shirts but this man will not give up, he will be a benefit for the squad.

Park Chu Young 2010-2011 Special "My Best"

his 2010-2011 season.
      Devil Hunter
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 358 posts |
      Reply #48: Jul 29, 2011 05:11:19 pm
      Park wants 'first choice' Liverpool move

29th Jul 2011 - Transfer Gossip

Park Chu-Young is a target for German side Schalke, but would prefer a move to Liverpool, according to talkSPORT.

After declaring that his future lay away from current side Monaco, the South Korean is looking for a new club for the upcoming season after claiming he would refuse to play in the second tier of French football following Monaco's relegation.

Despite Schalke's advances, Liverpool are still his preferred destination.

With David Ngog still set to leave Liverpool, Park would provide ideal back up to Luis Suarez and Andy Carroll in the Reds' attack.

Park's demands means he would be available for as little as £6 million, despite scoring 12 goals last season for Monaco.

The price is expected to tempt Liverpool and Tottenham Hotspur into bidding for the 26-year-old this summer.

Park's fellow countryman Ji Sung-Park is also being linked with a move away from his club, Manchester United, after he claimed he was uncertain about his future at United.

The duo both stared for South Korea during the 2010 World Cup, but United and Monaco could be set to lose two of their prized assets.

Source: Givemefoootball.com

This story has been reproduced from today's media. It does not necessarily represent the position of Liverpool Football Club.

Author: Givemefootball.com

Liverpoolfc.tv

He's begging us to show table an offer for some time and I think, with our main Asian sponsor Standard Chartered', he'd be a good signing financially ;)
      Sami92
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 76 posts |
      Reply #49: Jul 29, 2011 05:17:21 pm
      Would definitely open up the Asian market, and might shift some of the Korean market away from the Mancs as well. Is he any good though? I've not seen him really, would he add anything to the squad?
      LiverpoolCornhusker
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 656 posts | 24 
      Reply #50: Jul 29, 2011 05:22:37 pm
      I think 6 mil is an excellent price for this cat, he's looks a much better option to eggnog. although earlier it said 5.3 m so you can never be sure on the price
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #51: Jul 29, 2011 05:27:08 pm
      Would be a massive improvement on Ngog, if the figures of £6m or so being thrown around are at all accurate would snap him up. As has already been mentioned he'd probably work out to cost us next to nothing and end up earning us money.
      LFCBAFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,539 posts | 30 
      • Scousers rule the country!
      Reply #52: Jul 29, 2011 05:30:17 pm
      Would make a great back-up striker and for only 6 million it would be a steal
      Comatorium
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 696 posts |
      Reply #53: Jul 29, 2011 05:36:08 pm
      It's time for us to stop signing overrated and expensive Englishmen and go for foreign quality. This guy would be more useful than Carroll and would sell a lot of jerseys.
      LiverpoolCornhusker
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 656 posts | 24 
      Reply #54: Jul 29, 2011 05:38:34 pm
      So we know Standard Chartered wants him or another top asian player, is there any way they would pay for some of the transfer? I mean 5.3 mil would be nothing to them, I'm not sure if this occurs or if its even legal. However I know Kobe Bryant is being courted by a Turkish basketball team right now, I think Besiktas, and they can't afford his wages so they said they are looking for a sponsor like Turkish Airlines to pay the remainder of his wages... I'm not sure how I would feel about it to be honest but I thought I'd throw it out there
      corballyred
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #55: Jul 29, 2011 05:49:45 pm
      Prefer to sign lads not just to sell jerseys
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #56: Jul 29, 2011 07:36:43 pm
      Prefer to sign lads not just to sell jerseys

Fortunately he seems to be able to play football as well...
      Devil Hunter
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 358 posts |
      Reply #57: Jul 29, 2011 08:20:57 pm
      I've not seen him really, would he add anything to the squad?

There are loads of videos there to look at YouTube or other video sharing sites but here I give you some details about him might be useful ;)

Park Chu-Young
          Squad No: 10
          Birth Date: Jul 10, 1985
          Birth Place: South Korea
          Height: 72.00m
          Weight: 63 kg

He is the current captain for the South Korea national team and that sounds $$!
      He moved from FC Seoul to AS Monaco in 2008 having played 3 season at his native super league played 69 and scored 23 goals in K-League.
      He wore the French club shirt for 91 times during his 3 years stay scoring 25 goals. He last season he played 33 times in Le Champione and scored 12 goals for the French club.

He represented the South Korea at the last WC playing 4 games, scores 1, having 19 shots and 4 on target.
      « Last Edit: Jul 29, 2011 08:54:02 pm by Devil Hunter »
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,245 posts | 1226 
      Reply #58: Jul 29, 2011 08:41:40 pm
      There are loads of videos there to look at YouTube or other video sharing sites but here I give you some details about him might be useful ;)

Park Chu-Young
          Squad No: 10
          Birth Date: Jul 10, 1985
          Birth Place: South Korea
          Height: 72.00m
          Weight: 163 kg
      He is the current captain for the South Korea national team and that sounds $$!
      He moved from FC Seoul to AS Monaco in 2008 having played 3 season at his native super league played 69 and scored 23 goals in K-League.
      He wore the French club shirt for 91 times during his 3 years stay scoring 25 goals. He last season he played 33 times in Le Champione and scored 12 goals for the French club.

He represented the South Korea at the last WC playing 4 games, scores 1, having 19 shots and 4 on target.
      He'd make an excellent...

sumo wrestler  ;)
      Devil Hunter
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 358 posts |
      Reply #59: Jul 29, 2011 08:55:46 pm
      He'd make an excellent... sumo wrestler  Wink

My bad. Corrected  Wink
      PepeReina25
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,400 posts |
      Reply #60: Jul 29, 2011 09:15:11 pm
      It's time for us to stop signing overrated and expensive Englishmen and go for foreign quality. This guy would be more useful than Carroll and would sell a lot of jerseys.
      Have you seen this guy play for 90 minutes...thought not
      Comatorium
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 696 posts |
      Reply #61: Jul 29, 2011 09:42:12 pm
      Have you seen this guy play for 90 minutes...thought not
      I've seen only one half of a Monaco match last season and he seemed like a really hardworking and skillful prospect. I've seen Carroll for more than 90 minutes to safely say he's not up for playing in the first team yet...
      Hayday
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 31 posts |
      Reply #62: Jul 29, 2011 10:09:26 pm
      I haven't seen this guy play apart from youtube which is very selective but he does seem to be an upgrade on Ngog
      OoLiaaaaaMoO
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,813 posts | 11 
      Reply #63: Jul 29, 2011 11:35:04 pm
      I haven't seen this guy play apart from youtube which is very selective but he does seem to be an upgrade on Ngog
      Same as me. Would prefer Shane Long tbh.
      OoLiaaaaaMoO
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,813 posts | 11 
      Reply #64: Jul 31, 2011 12:51:09 pm
      Park's Reds desire

Liverpool look to have moved into pole position for South Korean striker Park Chu-Young after the player set his heart on moving to the English Premier League giants.

The 26-year-old is currently under contract to AS Monaco, but does not want to drop down to Ligue 2 with the relegated French side. Thus, the striker's future looks away from the principality club.

Park has attracted interest from Liverpool, with Reds' Director of Football Damien Comolli an admirer of the Korean star, who found the back of the net 12 times in Ligue 1 last season despite Monaco's relegation.

Germans Schalke have also run the rule over Park though and are hoping to tempt the player to the Bundesliga.

But Park, who joined Monaco in 2008 from FC Seoul, is thought to have set his heart on a switch to Anfield.

And this has made the Merseyside giants firm favourites for the Korean hitman.

Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish is bidding to shed players from the club's wage bill before pushing through any move however, but with Milan Jovanovic expected to head to Anderlecht and David N'Gog surplus to requirements, space should soon open up for Park.

Park is under contract at Monaco until 2013 and would cost an estimated Euro 6M.

Source: Inside Futebol
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #65: Jul 31, 2011 11:42:36 pm
      £5m for a 3rd/4th striker who would sell a load of shirts in South Korea...? I don't need to see him play, get him in.
      cjchaos
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 159 posts |
      Reply #66: Aug 11, 2011 09:04:25 pm
      Kuyt, Suerez, Carrol.... 3 good Strikers and we need a 4th.. Ngog doesn't cut it. Maybe Ngog straight swap for this guy as Ngog could be prolific at Monaco before anyone knows and yes, we need an asian player for tshirt sales.
      « Last Edit: Aug 11, 2011 09:10:29 pm by cjchaos »
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #67: Aug 12, 2011 01:00:01 am
      Looks pretty certain Ngog to Bolton and this guy coming in to me, I'd be more than happy with that swap at around £2m loss, though I do think Ngog will do ok for Bolton.
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #68: Aug 12, 2011 01:39:05 am
      Sign him up. Would be a great 4th striker for us and is way better than N'Gog.
      unwashedmasses
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,369 posts | 53 
      Reply #69: Aug 27, 2011 01:07:49 pm
      According to BBC the lad is on his way to London for a medical with a view to signing for Arsenal. He was due for a medical with Lille the other day and did not bother to turn up.
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #70: Aug 27, 2011 01:10:02 pm
      Let's hope he gets lost and finds his way to Melwood.
      unwashedmasses
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,369 posts | 53 
      Reply #71: Aug 27, 2011 01:11:27 pm
      Well he did leave Lille in the lurch...
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #72: Aug 27, 2011 01:54:25 pm

Monaco striker Chu-Young set for Arsenal deal

Saturday, 27 August 2011
      By David Ornstein

Monaco striker Park Chu-Young will complete a move to Premier League side Arsenal this weekend.

The South Korea captain, who has made over 91 appearances for the French club, is on his way to London for a medical in the next 24 hours.

Park was a former target for Premier League rivals Fulham.

The 26-year-old had completed a medical to sign for French side Lille, but a call from Gunners manager Arsene Wenger has prompted him head to London.

Lille were surprised on Saturday at the disappearance of Park, who failed to show up for the second part of his medical having agreed terms to join the French champions.

Lille president Michel Seydoux said: "We haven't had a telephone call, nothing.

"From what we understand he could be at Arsenal," the Lille boss said.

Park had been due at the northern French side to continue with the traditional pre-signing medical which he had begun on Friday.

"Like Monaco, Lille are baffled," added Seydoux, adding: "Everything [about his move] had been agreed."

Park scored an own goal in a 4-1 defeat by Argentina at the 2010 World Cup. However, he redeemed himself in South Korea's next match against Nigeria by scoring a crucial free-kick in a 2-2 draw, allowing the Koreans to advance to the round of 16.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/14692916.stm
      achilleas10
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 168 posts |
      • Born Red, Live Red, Die Red
      Reply #73: Aug 27, 2011 01:58:22 pm
      I suppose Arsenal and Tottenham are reading our transfer gossips to find players...
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #74: Aug 27, 2011 02:18:37 pm

A development like this could damage the relations between Arsenal and Lille ... Interesting ...
      LiverpoolCornhusker
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 656 posts | 24 
      Reply #75: Aug 27, 2011 02:56:16 pm
      A development like this could damage the relations between Arsenal and Lille ... Interesting ...

very interesting, fueling my and many others burning desire to somehow land Hazard

Think this will be a good signing for the arse tho, especially once Van Persie gets injured to maintain status quo
      cjchaos
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 159 posts |
      Reply #76: Aug 27, 2011 03:12:21 pm
      Liverpool were to slow to sell Nog and buy Park Chu-Young. Kuyt old is getting old and Bellamy is 32 and they want him back wtf is going in the final third!
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,176 posts | 265 
      Reply #77: Aug 27, 2011 03:33:44 pm
      Monaco striker Chu-Young set for Arsenal deal

Saturday, 27 August 2011
      By David Ornstein

Monaco striker Park Chu-Young will complete a move to Premier League side Arsenal this weekend.

The South Korea captain, who has made over 91 appearances for the French club, is on his way to London for a medical in the next 24 hours.

Park was a former target for Premier League rivals Fulham.

The 26-year-old had completed a medical to sign for French side Lille, but a call from Gunners manager Arsene Wenger has prompted him head to London.

Lille were surprised on Saturday at the disappearance of Park, who failed to show up for the second part of his medical having agreed terms to join the French champions.

Lille president Michel Seydoux said: "We haven't had a telephone call, nothing.

"From what we understand he could be at Arsenal," the Lille boss said.

Park had been due at the northern French side to continue with the traditional pre-signing medical which he had begun on Friday.

"Like Monaco, Lille are baffled," added Seydoux, adding: "Everything [about his move] had been agreed."

Park scored an own goal in a 4-1 defeat by Argentina at the 2010 World Cup. However, he redeemed himself in South Korea's next match against Nigeria by scoring a crucial free-kick in a 2-2 draw, allowing the Koreans to advance to the round of 16.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/14692916.stm

If it's true that's show how bad attitude of this S. Korean striker, and that's only good thing player like this do not come near this Liverpool Football Club.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,258 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #78: Aug 28, 2011 07:44:44 pm
      Yep, may be off to a relegation battle!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14692916.stm
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #79: Aug 28, 2011 08:05:04 pm
      Is he going to want to join them now?
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #80: Aug 28, 2011 08:07:38 pm
      Is he going to want to join them now?

Why wouldn't he ?
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #81: Aug 28, 2011 08:09:11 pm
      That was tounge in cheek.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #82: Aug 29, 2011 01:30:15 am
      'Sense of humour' does not compute.

Returning to Copy & Paste mode.
      OoLiaaaaaMoO
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,813 posts | 11 
      Reply #83: Aug 29, 2011 01:43:03 am

:lmao: :lmao:
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #84: Aug 30, 2011 03:40:24 pm

Arsenal to sign striker Chu Young Park

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Arsenal Football Club can confirm they have agreed to sign striker Chu Young Park from AS Monaco.

The 26-year-old South Korea captain scored 25 times in 91 appearances for the French club during three seasons in Ligue 1.

The one-time Asian Young Footballer of the Year made his debut for the South Korea senior side at just 19, and played in both the 2006 and 2010 World Cups. He replaced the retired Ji Sung Park as captain of the national team earlier this year.

Arsenal manager Arsène Wenger said: “We are delighted to have signed Chu. He will add true quality to our attacking forces and will be a valuable addition to the squad.”

Chu Young Park said: "I am very honoured and I feel very happy to be at Arsenal. It is a dream to be here and I am really proud to be an Arsenal player. Now I just want to show how good I am and prove myself.

"In my opinion this is a great club, now I have to show what I can do on the pitch. I will do my best, I will never give up, I will show heart, I will give everything and I hope the fans will support me."

The deal is subject to the completion of formal registration processes.

Chu Young Park will wear the No 9 shirt at Arsenal. The striker prefers to be known as 'Ju' and will therefore have J. Y. Park as his shirt name.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/arsenal-to-sign-striker-chu-young-park
      LFCexiled
      Reply #85: Aug 30, 2011 04:02:12 pm

Arsenal to sign striker Chu Young Park
      :lmao:

Golden.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #86: Aug 30, 2011 04:59:58 pm
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #87: Aug 30, 2011 06:24:24 pm
      On twitter a lot of people are saying he has to do 2 years military service back on South Korea before he hits 30. Hmmmm.
      TeslaPhysics
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 985 posts | 32 
      Reply #88: Aug 30, 2011 08:03:53 pm
      Go go gadgit Wenger!  ;D
      achilleas10
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 168 posts |
      • Born Red, Live Red, Die Red
      Reply #89: Aug 30, 2011 08:06:59 pm
      He is announced. I think it's time to lock it.

Quick Reply