Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 24th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W9 D1 L4

Park Chu-Young (AS Monaco)

Read 14452 times
      OoLiaaaaaMoO
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,813 posts | 11 
      • In King Kenny WE Trust!
      Re: Park Chu-Young (AS Monaco)
      Reply #46: Jul 05, 2011 11:41:26 pm
      I watched him on Youtube and he looks like a workhorse and good a good dribbler we also might be able to swap him for N'Gog and £2 Million.
      sweedgreens
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #47: Jul 10, 2011 04:00:20 pm
      Why is there so much hatred for him. If you actually see him play, he's an aggressive workhorse, never ever gives up. He practically did everything when he played with terrible monaco and he is obviously one of the key players on his national team. When that korean lad from bolton Lee Chong Yong signed, everybody hated on him because he was small but look at him now. He turned out to really good and smart, one of the key players for bolton. He proved everybody wrong so that he can compete in the primer league.

Anyways Park Chu Young, if we sign him, I think we'd all be shocked what he can do for us. Of course he's going to sell millions of shirts but this man will not give up, he will be a benefit for the squad.

Park Chu Young 2010-2011 Special "My Best"

his 2010-2011 season.
      Devil Hunter
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 358 posts |
      Reply #48: Jul 29, 2011 05:11:19 pm
      Park wants 'first choice' Liverpool move

29th Jul 2011 - Transfer Gossip

Park Chu-Young is a target for German side Schalke, but would prefer a move to Liverpool, according to talkSPORT.

After declaring that his future lay away from current side Monaco, the South Korean is looking for a new club for the upcoming season after claiming he would refuse to play in the second tier of French football following Monaco's relegation.

Despite Schalke's advances, Liverpool are still his preferred destination.

With David Ngog still set to leave Liverpool, Park would provide ideal back up to Luis Suarez and Andy Carroll in the Reds' attack.

Park's demands means he would be available for as little as £6 million, despite scoring 12 goals last season for Monaco.

The price is expected to tempt Liverpool and Tottenham Hotspur into bidding for the 26-year-old this summer.

Park's fellow countryman Ji Sung-Park is also being linked with a move away from his club, Manchester United, after he claimed he was uncertain about his future at United.

The duo both stared for South Korea during the 2010 World Cup, but United and Monaco could be set to lose two of their prized assets.

Source: Givemefoootball.com

This story has been reproduced from today's media. It does not necessarily represent the position of Liverpool Football Club.

Author: Givemefootball.com

Liverpoolfc.tv

He's begging us to show table an offer for some time and I think, with our main Asian sponsor Standard Chartered', he'd be a good signing financially ;)
      Sami92
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 76 posts |
      Reply #49: Jul 29, 2011 05:17:21 pm
      Would definitely open up the Asian market, and might shift some of the Korean market away from the Mancs as well. Is he any good though? I've not seen him really, would he add anything to the squad?
      LiverpoolCornhusker
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 656 posts | 24 
      Reply #50: Jul 29, 2011 05:22:37 pm
      I think 6 mil is an excellent price for this cat, he's looks a much better option to eggnog. although earlier it said 5.3 m so you can never be sure on the price
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #51: Jul 29, 2011 05:27:08 pm
      Would be a massive improvement on Ngog, if the figures of £6m or so being thrown around are at all accurate would snap him up. As has already been mentioned he'd probably work out to cost us next to nothing and end up earning us money.
      LFCBAFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,539 posts | 30 
      • Scousers rule the country!
      Reply #52: Jul 29, 2011 05:30:17 pm
      Would make a great back-up striker and for only 6 million it would be a steal
      Comatorium
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 696 posts |
      Reply #53: Jul 29, 2011 05:36:08 pm
      It's time for us to stop signing overrated and expensive Englishmen and go for foreign quality. This guy would be more useful than Carroll and would sell a lot of jerseys.
      LiverpoolCornhusker
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 656 posts | 24 
      Reply #54: Jul 29, 2011 05:38:34 pm
      So we know Standard Chartered wants him or another top asian player, is there any way they would pay for some of the transfer? I mean 5.3 mil would be nothing to them, I'm not sure if this occurs or if its even legal. However I know Kobe Bryant is being courted by a Turkish basketball team right now, I think Besiktas, and they can't afford his wages so they said they are looking for a sponsor like Turkish Airlines to pay the remainder of his wages... I'm not sure how I would feel about it to be honest but I thought I'd throw it out there
      corballyred
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #55: Jul 29, 2011 05:49:45 pm
      Prefer to sign lads not just to sell jerseys
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #56: Jul 29, 2011 07:36:43 pm
      Prefer to sign lads not just to sell jerseys

Fortunately he seems to be able to play football as well...
      Devil Hunter
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 358 posts |
      Reply #57: Jul 29, 2011 08:20:57 pm
      I've not seen him really, would he add anything to the squad?

There are loads of videos there to look at YouTube or other video sharing sites but here I give you some details about him might be useful ;)

Park Chu-Young
          Squad No: 10
          Birth Date: Jul 10, 1985
          Birth Place: South Korea
          Height: 72.00m
          Weight: 63 kg

He is the current captain for the South Korea national team and that sounds $$!
      He moved from FC Seoul to AS Monaco in 2008 having played 3 season at his native super league played 69 and scored 23 goals in K-League.
      He wore the French club shirt for 91 times during his 3 years stay scoring 25 goals. He last season he played 33 times in Le Champione and scored 12 goals for the French club.

He represented the South Korea at the last WC playing 4 games, scores 1, having 19 shots and 4 on target.
      « Last Edit: Jul 29, 2011 08:54:02 pm by Devil Hunter »
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,245 posts | 1226 
      Reply #58: Jul 29, 2011 08:41:40 pm
      There are loads of videos there to look at YouTube or other video sharing sites but here I give you some details about him might be useful ;)

Park Chu-Young
          Squad No: 10
          Birth Date: Jul 10, 1985
          Birth Place: South Korea
          Height: 72.00m
          Weight: 163 kg
      He is the current captain for the South Korea national team and that sounds $$!
      He moved from FC Seoul to AS Monaco in 2008 having played 3 season at his native super league played 69 and scored 23 goals in K-League.
      He wore the French club shirt for 91 times during his 3 years stay scoring 25 goals. He last season he played 33 times in Le Champione and scored 12 goals for the French club.

He represented the South Korea at the last WC playing 4 games, scores 1, having 19 shots and 4 on target.
      He'd make an excellent...

sumo wrestler  ;)
      Devil Hunter
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 358 posts |
      Reply #59: Jul 29, 2011 08:55:46 pm
      He'd make an excellent... sumo wrestler  Wink

My bad. Corrected  Wink
      PepeReina25
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,400 posts |
      Reply #60: Jul 29, 2011 09:15:11 pm
      It's time for us to stop signing overrated and expensive Englishmen and go for foreign quality. This guy would be more useful than Carroll and would sell a lot of jerseys.
      Have you seen this guy play for 90 minutes...thought not
      Comatorium
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 696 posts |
      Reply #61: Jul 29, 2011 09:42:12 pm
      Have you seen this guy play for 90 minutes...thought not
      I've seen only one half of a Monaco match last season and he seemed like a really hardworking and skillful prospect. I've seen Carroll for more than 90 minutes to safely say he's not up for playing in the first team yet...
      Hayday
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 31 posts |
      Reply #62: Jul 29, 2011 10:09:26 pm
      I haven't seen this guy play apart from youtube which is very selective but he does seem to be an upgrade on Ngog
      OoLiaaaaaMoO
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,813 posts | 11 
      Reply #63: Jul 29, 2011 11:35:04 pm
      I haven't seen this guy play apart from youtube which is very selective but he does seem to be an upgrade on Ngog
      Same as me. Would prefer Shane Long tbh.
      OoLiaaaaaMoO
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,813 posts | 11 
      Reply #64: Jul 31, 2011 12:51:09 pm
      Park's Reds desire

Liverpool look to have moved into pole position for South Korean striker Park Chu-Young after the player set his heart on moving to the English Premier League giants.

The 26-year-old is currently under contract to AS Monaco, but does not want to drop down to Ligue 2 with the relegated French side. Thus, the striker's future looks away from the principality club.

Park has attracted interest from Liverpool, with Reds' Director of Football Damien Comolli an admirer of the Korean star, who found the back of the net 12 times in Ligue 1 last season despite Monaco's relegation.

Germans Schalke have also run the rule over Park though and are hoping to tempt the player to the Bundesliga.

But Park, who joined Monaco in 2008 from FC Seoul, is thought to have set his heart on a switch to Anfield.

And this has made the Merseyside giants firm favourites for the Korean hitman.

Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish is bidding to shed players from the club's wage bill before pushing through any move however, but with Milan Jovanovic expected to head to Anderlecht and David N'Gog surplus to requirements, space should soon open up for Park.

Park is under contract at Monaco until 2013 and would cost an estimated Euro 6M.

Source: Inside Futebol
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #65: Jul 31, 2011 11:42:36 pm
      £5m for a 3rd/4th striker who would sell a load of shirts in South Korea...? I don't need to see him play, get him in.
      cjchaos
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 159 posts |
      Reply #66: Aug 11, 2011 09:04:25 pm
      Kuyt, Suerez, Carrol.... 3 good Strikers and we need a 4th.. Ngog doesn't cut it. Maybe Ngog straight swap for this guy as Ngog could be prolific at Monaco before anyone knows and yes, we need an asian player for tshirt sales.
      « Last Edit: Aug 11, 2011 09:10:29 pm by cjchaos »
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #67: Aug 12, 2011 01:00:01 am
      Looks pretty certain Ngog to Bolton and this guy coming in to me, I'd be more than happy with that swap at around £2m loss, though I do think Ngog will do ok for Bolton.
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #68: Aug 12, 2011 01:39:05 am
      Sign him up. Would be a great 4th striker for us and is way better than N'Gog.

Quick Reply