Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Park Chu-Young (AS Monaco)

Read 15015 times
      corballyred
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Re: Park Chu-Young (AS Monaco)
      Reply #23: Jun 15, 2011 12:12:40 pm
      Heard he hasn't been great for them, haven't seen him myself, think all he would be is a jersey seller
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #24: Jun 15, 2011 07:57:43 pm
      He's horribly greedy, you know how sometimes you just want to strangle Suarez for taking it on himself?  Chu-Young is the same but without those "dribble through four Manchester United defenders" or "score from a stupid angle against Sunderland" moments.
      cezar_sl
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 612 posts |
      Reply #25: Jun 15, 2011 08:36:00 pm
      12 goals last season for a relegated team is not that bad.
      Better him than Carlton Cole.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #26: Jun 15, 2011 08:43:32 pm
      12 goals last season for a relegated team is not that bad.
      Better him than Carlton Cole.

Stop driving the Delorean back to November, mate. Roy Hodgson has been sacked :D. There's a new sheriff in town, one who won't be after Carlton Cole.

Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #27: Jun 15, 2011 11:25:18 pm

Striker Park Cho-young wants Liverpool move

Last updated at 10:58 PM on 15th June 2011

South Korea striker Park Cho-young, 26, is ready to snub offers from Paris St Germain and Lille to join Liverpool. Monaco want £5.3million.

Park said: 'I would like to have a new challenge in a stronger team capable of competing in bigger tournaments like the Champions League.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2003999/Park-Cho-young-wants-Liverpool-Doni-fails-agree-deal.html
      Shemy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 591 posts |
      Reply #28: Jun 16, 2011 02:59:56 am
      can he provide better cover than N'Gog?
      LiverpoolCornhusker
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 656 posts | 24 
      Reply #29: Jun 16, 2011 03:57:00 am
      He's horribly greedy, you know how sometimes you just want to strangle Suarez for taking it on himself?  Chu-Young is the same but without those "dribble through four Manchester United defenders" or "score from a stupid angle against Sunderland" moments.

you probably know more about him than I do, as I know almost zero. but in this match he looked like a playmaker, imagine if those players he was passing to were suarez or gerrard or carroll I think he'd have an assist or two in this game. -of course I meant other than that beauty at 1:53- perhaps he plays differently for monaco than for his national team as well

haha forgot the video:

Park Chu Young against Honduras.
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #30: Jun 16, 2011 04:32:59 am
      you probably know more about him than I do, as I know almost zero. but in this match he looked like a playmaker, imagine if those players he was passing to were suarez or gerrard or carroll I think he'd have an assist or two in this game. -of course I meant other than that beauty at 1:53- perhaps he plays differently for monaco than for his national team as well

haha forgot the video:

Park Chu Young against Honduras.

Only seen him a handful of times in games against Lyon and at the WC of course, so that's probably not that true.  Probably another few random league matches thrown in as well, I really like watching French league, it's really interesting tactically.  Anyhow, seemed pretty decent, greedy little f**ker though.  Strange that the clip of him being all mr. teamplay and teamwork is from the national team as I remember him being really wasteful in the WC, whereas I can't remember his wastefulness standing out at Monaco.  Not to say it wasn't there but I certainly can't remember it.  Maybe that's how he got so many goals for a relegated team.

I would not be surprised in the slightest if this lad gets bought in as a replacement for N'Gog.  It screams moneyball all over.  Does look very nice in that video though, if he could do that for us - who wouldn't want him here as a replacement for N'Gog who is pretty much nailed on to leave.

« Last Edit: Jun 16, 2011 04:38:30 am by vitez »
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #31: Jun 25, 2011 11:50:16 pm

Park free to leave Monaco
      Premier League duo in the running for South Korean's signature

By Edwin Chong
      Last Updated: June 25, 2011 6:43pm

Monaco will not stand in the way of Park Chu-Young if the striker wants to join another club.

The South Korea international recently expressed his desire to play in a more competitive league after Monaco were relegated to Ligue 2 last season.

Liverpool, Tottenham, Paris St Germain and Rennes are reportedly interested in Park but question marks surrounding the 25-year-old's availability have delayed transfer talks.

However, Monaco club president Etienne Franzi has now confirmed to the French media that their star player is free to leave, but will demand a figure in the region of €6million (£5.3million).

Franzi cited the player's significant contribution to the club over the past three seasons as the main reason as to why he would not block a proposed move away from Stade Louis II.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_7004996,00.html
      LiverpoolCornhusker
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 656 posts | 24 
      Reply #32: Jun 26, 2011 12:07:09 am
      Park free to leave Monaco
      Premier League duo in the running for South Korean's signature

By Edwin Chong
      Last Updated: June 25, 2011 6:43pm

Monaco will not stand in the way of Park Chu-Young if the striker wants to join another club.

The South Korea international recently expressed his desire to play in a more competitive league after Monaco were relegated to Ligue 2 last season.

Liverpool, Tottenham, Paris St Germain and Rennes are reportedly interested in Park but question marks surrounding the 25-year-old's availability have delayed transfer talks.

However, Monaco club president Etienne Franzi has now confirmed to the French media that their star player is free to leave, but will demand a figure in the region of €6million (£5.3million).

Franzi cited the player's significant contribution to the club over the past three seasons as the main reason as to why he would not block a proposed move away from Stade Louis II.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_7004996,00.html

I wouldn't mind him for 5.3 million, i bet standard chartered are blowing up DC's phone about this one
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #33: Jun 26, 2011 01:34:55 pm
      I checked him out and when you consider his age and his price, I reckon he would be a decent back-up choice. I would be happy to see him at the club but with the assurances that we get someone else as well.
      blackout17
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 32 posts |
      • YNWA
      Park Chu-Young (Monaco)
      Reply #34: Jul 05, 2011 07:51:03 pm
      Issued a come and get me plea to play with for idol, King Kenny

Monaco midfielder Park Chu-Young has issued a come and get me plea to Liverpool - and insists he doesn't want to go anywhere else.
      The South Korean captain will snub possible moves to AC Milan, Spurs and Paris St Germain to fulfil his boyhood dream and play for his hero Kenny Dalglish.
      The 25-year-old is available for around £6million and, with Liverpool touring south-east Asia this summer, Young's arrival could not be timed any better from a commercial sense.
      It’s well known that Liverpool’s shirt sponsors Standard Chartered are keen to see Asian players don the red shirt to help the bank exploit one of its biggest markets.
      Standard's £20m-a-season sponsorship deal with Liverpool is one of the most lucrative in Premier League history, and Gavin Law, the group head of corporate affairs for Standard Chartered, said: “We would love the club to have players of nationalities from the markets in which we operate. Look what Park [Ji-sung] has done for [Manchester] United in terms of coverage in Korea.
      "Liverpool are more aware than most other clubs we've spoken to of the commercial opportunity for them. If they can sell a million shirts with another Mr Park on the back, why wouldn't you?"

What you think?
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Re: Park Chu-Young (Monaco)
      Reply #35: Jul 05, 2011 07:53:43 pm
      pedro43
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts |
      Reply #36: Jul 05, 2011 07:56:55 pm
      Just seen him on u-tube worth 6mill of anyones money at todays inflated prices Looks quick and skillful better than Adam would snatch him up ASAP
      blackout17
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 32 posts |
      • YNWA
      Reply #37: Jul 05, 2011 07:57:45 pm
      be good for the asian advertising
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,995 posts | 5048 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #38: Jul 05, 2011 07:59:19 pm
      But is he any good ? i'm not up on my Asian players except the better known ones in the UK, would he fit in to the hustle and bustle of a EPL match ??
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,270 posts | 2859 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #39: Jul 05, 2011 08:07:08 pm
      Topics Merged.

Thanks Reprobate.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #40: Jul 05, 2011 08:09:54 pm
      I've never seen him play. He looks good on youtube, but so do I to be fair. Any Frenchies?
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #41: Jul 05, 2011 08:12:22 pm
      This is the only user who has any real knowledge of him.

I'm korean.

but I don't want Park sign LFC.

I want liverpool-class players, and I don't think he is the one.

sorry for my english is not so good.
      donk1664
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 128 posts |
      Reply #42: Jul 05, 2011 11:16:14 pm
      Still at around £6m and with good feet and a touch of pace, would probably help improve the squad, couple that with the return in sales and advertising in S.E Asia and he's surely a better bet than Adam!!!
      Witto
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,621 posts | 15 
      • Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Luis Suarez.
      Reply #43: Jul 05, 2011 11:18:56 pm
      I hope we don't buy him for the sake of getting an asian player for shirt sales abroad ...
      LFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,715 posts | 36 
      • In JK I trust! YNWA
      Reply #44: Jul 05, 2011 11:33:12 pm
      I am not sure about this guy, but he does seem too plain, nothing special about him.

Though his shirt sales would be a big financial gain and also I'd rather have him on the bench to bring on than N'Gog.
      donk1664
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 128 posts |
      Reply #45: Jul 05, 2011 11:38:15 pm
      I hope we don't buy him for the sake of getting an asian player for shirt sales abroad ...

I agree that this should never be the principal reason.However if the lad can help improve the squad and with FFP then the powers that be will have looked at the numbers, see the possible returns and if they figure that they'll outway the outlay/risks they they'll green light it.

and help us build

Quick Reply