Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Mathieu Flamini (AC Milan)

Read 2139 times
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Mathieu Flamini (AC Milan)
      Aug 04, 2010 05:34:45 pm
      http://bleacherreport.com/articles/429553-flamini-linked-to-lfc

Read it also in today's Telegraph sports section it briefly mentioned Liverpool's apparent pursual alongside that of Christian Poulsen.

So - quite a decent midfielder. Has failed to break his way into the AC Milan midfield, but if we signed him I think he'd do a real decent job. What are your thoughts on the ex Arsenal man?
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Re: Mathieu Flamini (AC Milan)
      Reply #1: Aug 04, 2010 05:37:02 pm
      Remember him doing well at Arsenal, could be a good buy imo but wouldn't be splashing the cash for him
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #2: Aug 04, 2010 05:38:29 pm
      Remember him doing well at Arsenal, could be a good buy imo but wouldn't be splashing the cash for him

True - had an immense last season at Arsenal until he left two years ago. £7 million mark would be alright for him.
      glines
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 158 posts |
      Reply #3: Aug 04, 2010 05:39:41 pm
      Yes please. Definitely one of the better players we've been linked with this summer. I think he would play the Alonso role well.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,930 posts | 970 
      Reply #4: Aug 04, 2010 05:50:12 pm
      Not sure about him filling the "Alonso role".... his distribution and vision aren't what his game is all about.  He is a midfield battler, but he does also possess a bit of technique and ability.  Would be a good signing.....every team needs role players to compliment the star players, and I think he would do just that.

Also, much better option than Poulsen IMO
      RedStorm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,746 posts | 142 
      • YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Reply #5: Aug 04, 2010 06:09:06 pm
      Yes please.

He definitely can play, and was impressive for Arsenal as he seemed to constantly improve. Offensively he is good also.
      miguelred
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts |
      Reply #6: Aug 04, 2010 06:44:28 pm
      Better than Poulsen isn't he?
      StevieG-force
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,526 posts | 12 
      • Name:Richard-Age:21-Nationality:Welsh
      Reply #7: Aug 04, 2010 06:48:58 pm
      This would be a much better signing than his former Arsenal compatriot Aleksandr Hleb, three years younger (only 26) and more of a deep lying midfielder who's also got premier league experience! Actually couldn't think of many better signings given our financial circumstances (unless we become the apparent billionaires that's been reported).  

Although not the best source, I hope we hear more about this, I think Hodgson's got Poulsen in mind though myself.

Be a much better signing in my opinion, experience in England and we'd get a couple more years out of him.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,665 posts | 3899 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #8: Aug 04, 2010 06:49:00 pm
      Was great at Arsenal and if we could get him on the cheap great. My only concern is his confidence seems to have taken a knock at his last couple of clubs, but maybe Hodgson could get the best out of him again
      StevieG-force
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,526 posts | 12 
      • Name:Richard-Age:21-Nationality:Welsh
      Reply #9: Aug 04, 2010 07:01:22 pm
      Was great at Arsenal and if we could get him on the cheap great. My only concern is his confidence seems to have taken a knock at his last couple of clubs, but maybe Hodgson could get the best out of him again

They've been playing him out of position too, played him at right back most of the time since they've preferred to play Ambrosini.
      RyanBabs

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      • London town is burning down
      Reply #10: Aug 09, 2010 11:33:14 am
      Saw on SSN a few weeks back when they were in the emirates cup it said Mathieu you were linked to the EPL again would you return?

He said yes i would but not for a while. Im happy at AC milan.

Lock?
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #11: Aug 09, 2010 11:37:58 am
      Really liked Flamini when he was in the Premier League.

I haven't actually watched him at all whilst he's been out in Italy.

Still, I'd imagine he's near enough the same player, if not better at the age of 26.

This would be a really good signing in my opinion, and I believe that he is certainly a better option than Poulsen.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #12: Aug 09, 2010 12:15:49 pm
      Is he really that good? Or is that a stupid question. Never really seen anything of him that has appealed to me.
      carheex
      • Banned

• 587 posts | -9 
      Reply #13: Aug 09, 2010 01:12:44 pm
      Saw on SSN a few weeks back when they were in the emirates cup it said Mathieu you were linked to the EPL again would you return?

He said yes I would but not for a while. Im happy at AC milan.

Lock?

Why "Lock?"? I thought this forum considered SSN to be full of bullshit!?
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #14: Aug 09, 2010 01:56:04 pm
      Why "Lock?"? I thought this forum considered SSN to be full of bullshit!?

I think when it's from the horses mouth it is credible enough, regardless of where it is shown.

But i still think if there is a credible link SINCE then, then it's grounds for discussion.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #15: Aug 09, 2010 01:58:38 pm
      I don't see this having much legs now that Poulsen has been excused from the Denmark squad and is expected to be in Liverpool within 48 hours to be honest.
      RyanBabs

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      • London town is burning down
      Reply #16: Aug 09, 2010 02:51:12 pm
      I tried to find the article where he said he was happy:

Liverpool have been linked with AC Milan midfielder Mathieu Flamini as the search for Javier Mascherano’s replacement goes on.

The Frenchman, who used to ply his trade in the Premier League for Arsenal, is the latest of a plethora of central midfielders linked with a move to Anfield.

The takeover speculation surrounding the Reds will, more than likely, see many more players linked to the club as Roy Hodgson could be handed an open cheque-book.

However, he is likely to want to look at players who will not cost a bomb and Flamini could be that man.

And Flamini has refused to rule out a future return to England as his first team opportunities have been restricted at the San Siro.

He told Sky Sports: “I'm happy to be in Italy, it's a great championship and I'm having a lot of fun. But in football, you never know.”

Mascherano looks certain to join former boss Rafael Benitez at Inter Milan and Christian Poulsen as another player to have been linked with a move to the Merseyside club.

http://www.givemefootball.com/premier-league/liverpool-in-shock-move-for-former-arsenal-ace
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #17: Aug 12, 2010 12:20:36 pm
      With Poulsen having signed now, i think it's the last we'll hear about Flamini.

Quick Reply