Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 16th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P16 W12 D1 L3

Christian Poulsen (Juventus)

Read 17622 times
      Jpm3
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 68 posts |
      Re: Christian Poulsen - (Juventus)
      Reply #23: Jul 30, 2010 09:21:06 pm
      ;D. No country for old men! Don't really see him helping LFC!
      corballyred
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #24: Jul 31, 2010 03:54:17 pm
      The thing thats sif this cares me about this lad is Hodgson had him in his top 10 to watch at the world cup with some truly world class players, and what scares me most is that Hodgson genuinely believes this and rates this very average defensive midfield and why we might see him here.

Juventus want to off load him and Hodgson rates him highly so I wouldn't be suprised happens.
      LFC_Stuart_1988
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,089 posts | 45 
      Reply #25: Jul 31, 2010 03:58:22 pm
      Agent Of Juventus Midfielder Christian Poulsen Excludes Liverpool Link
      Poulsen unlikely to leave Juventus amid Liverpool reports...

Christian Poulsen's agent Joern Bonnesen believes the Liverpool link is a no-goer as he excludes a Juventus exit.

Reports have linked the midfielder with the Anfield club, claiming Roy Hodgson was ready to make a move for him - which was confirmed by Giuseppe Marotta on Friday morning when he said Liverpool had shown an interest.

But Bonnesen feels his client will not be leaving Juventus.

"Christian will stay in Turin. Whatever name comes out on the papers doesn't correspond to the reality," the agent told Calcionews24.com.

"I hope that this response closes this episode for sure. He needs to train regularly, and even he is tired of speaking about the market."
      talkaloadofbull.com

Not a good source, but I think we dodged a bullet :)

Best bit of news I've heard all day that.
      corballyred
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #26: Jul 31, 2010 04:00:29 pm
      Only problem it is from the Goal website ;)
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,452 posts | 2846 
      Reply #27: Jul 31, 2010 04:09:45 pm
      Sissoko is way better than him.

Now if we want to 'develop' the team than that shows you all you need to know.

(Not having a go at Momo there by the way, I still rate him as a decent player)
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,030 posts | 3960 
      Reply #28: Jul 31, 2010 04:25:38 pm

(Not having a go at Momo there by the way, I still rate him as a decent player)
      Same as was sorry to see him go.
      StevieG-force
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,526 posts | 12 
      • Name:Richard-Age:21-Nationality:Welsh
      Reply #29: Aug 02, 2010 06:02:16 pm

Christian Poulsen has not received any contact about a possible move to Liverpool, according to the player's agent.

The Danish international has long been linked with a transfer to Merseyside, where he could be used as a possible replacement for Javier Mascherano.
      Mascherano has requested to leave Anfield, with Inter Milan his likely destination, and Poulsen is rumoured to be available to leave Juventus after failing to hold down a regular first-team spot.

"I've also read the voices on newspapers but I can't comment on the rumours," said Joern Bonnesen to Calciomercato.it.

"I have not heard from anyone from Liverpool.

"Juventus have not called me and I have not found it necessary to do it.

"How many chances does Poulsen have to leave Juventus? No comment."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12961_6291722,00.html
      corballyred
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #30: Aug 02, 2010 06:04:42 pm
      If the club is taken over and Hodgson has money to spend and we buy this sh*t I will despair.
      dodgy
      • Forum Ian St John

• 426 posts | 14 
      Reply #31: Aug 02, 2010 10:39:05 pm
      I'm hoping we sign him just to see Corballyreds reaction  >:D
      TotheMax
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 404 posts | 22 
      Reply #32: Aug 04, 2010 09:00:49 am
      Sorry to post this in the middle of all the takeover exitement, but...

Danish media reporting that the deal is close and could be done within hours. Poulsens agent should have travelled to Liverpool to negotiate conditions. Reportedly the deal is worth around 6 million euros, so just under 5 million euros.

Hodgson should be insisting on the deal. He knows Poulsen from the time they were both in FC Kopenhagen.

Supposedly Hodgson will confirm the interest in Poulsen today when there is press conference ahead of the europa league game.

Its the danish tabloid, so not too reliable, but they usually have good contacts to the danish players playing abroad. Not happy with this...

(In danish)
      http://ekstrabladet.dk/sport/fodbold/udenlandsk_fodbold/engelsk_fodbold/article1385534.ece
      khawja
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 103 posts |
      Reply #33: Aug 04, 2010 10:04:01 am
      I dont know much about this guy ! Is he good enough to play for Liverpool ? Can he handle the phsyical nature of the premier league ?
      TotheMax
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 404 posts | 22 
      Reply #34: Aug 04, 2010 10:11:31 am
      I dont know much about this guy ! Is he good enough to play for Liverpool ? Can he handle the phsyical nature of the premier league ?

See my post on the previous page, but to answer you in short. 1) He is not good enough 2) He fits better into a boxing ring or an UFC cage than on a football pitch. He could handle the physical nature of the premier league, but that is also the only aspect of the premier league he would be able to handle i think.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #35: Aug 04, 2010 10:20:00 am
      See my post on the previous page, but to answer you in short. 1) He is not good enough 2) He fits better into a boxing ring or an UFC cage than on a football pitch. He could handle the physical nature of the premier league, but that is also the only aspect of the premier league he would be able to handle I think.

Can you elaborate a bit please - can this fella play at all...?
      TotheMax
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 404 posts | 22 
      Reply #36: Aug 04, 2010 10:35:55 am
      Can you elaborate a bit please - can this fella play at all...?

Check out my post on the previous page, I posted some youtube videos. My main point there is that I dont want him because of his style and attitude.

To elaborate a bit on him as a player: He is a defensive central midfielder, not too different from Mascherano or Sissoko. He offers very little going forward which can be seen on his goals/assist ratio. His main ability is to break up play and pass the ball to the player next to him. Defensively he is decent but not in the league of Mascherano and at Juventus Sissoko is keeping him on the bench. Main reason I think is his positional play. Too often he is far from the opposition player and too slow to get to him in case of counterattacks. This leads to him commiting many freekicks and picking up many yellow cards.
      Another thing is, after he was at Schalke and Sevilla it seems as if he is a bit too convinced of himself, belives he can hit 50 yard passes when he cant and often blames others when its his mistake.

Of course he can play, its not like Ali Dia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ali_Dia) we are looking at here, otherwise he wouldnt have played for Schalke, Sevilla and Juventus, but he is 30 and I dont think he has gotten better with age. He does one thing good, which is to break up play, but he doesnt do it superbly. And if you only offer one thing on the pitch you better do that thing superbly, like Masch does.

And then of course his disciplinary problems and his attitude. Thats what my post on the previous page was about.
      « Last Edit: Aug 04, 2010 10:41:01 am by TotheMax »
      Witto
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,621 posts | 15 
      • Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Luis Suarez.
      Reply #37: Aug 04, 2010 10:48:01 am
      If Roy signs him then I am happy, Roy knows players a lot better than we all do put together, I am sure he is doing his homework on whoever he is buying. Not too worried.
      TotheMax
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 404 posts | 22 
      Reply #38: Aug 04, 2010 10:56:50 am
      If Roy signs him then I am happy, Roy knows players a lot better than we all do put together, I am sure he is doing his homework on whoever he is buying. Not too worried.

I could easily be wrong about whay he could offer us tactically on the pitch. You are right that Roy knows 10 times as much about football and Poulsen as I do. Its just my opinion.

But I know for a fact that he has a shitty attitude, does nasty things on the pitch, always gets into fights on the pitch (Totti, Gattuso, Rosenberg) among others. I dont want that kind of player here.
      LFCBAFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,539 posts | 30 
      • Scousers rule the country!
      Reply #39: Aug 04, 2010 03:54:56 pm
      Better then the back-up we have now.
      Georgelfc
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 41 posts |
      Reply #40: Aug 04, 2010 05:04:24 pm
      This man has quality i hope we sign and get the best of him
      i watched a match when he was playig for schalke against Milan
      he totally owned kaka
      miguelred
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts |
      Reply #41: Aug 04, 2010 06:48:38 pm
      I saw Flamini doing the same thing with arsenal :P
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #42: Aug 04, 2010 07:41:52 pm
      I'd rather have someone younger to be honest. Christian Poulsen name doesn't sound familiar enough which suggests he's just an average player.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #43: Aug 04, 2010 07:45:05 pm
      Didn't know he was 30.

Rather have someone younger too.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #44: Aug 04, 2010 07:47:24 pm
      To be honest I'd rather shave my balls with a blunt razor and dip then in a bowl of Farehenheit than see Poulson anywhere near our club, He's a F***ing head case.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #45: Aug 04, 2010 08:02:11 pm
      Check out my post on the previous page, I posted some youtube videos. My main point there is that I dont want him because of his style and attitude.

To elaborate a bit on him as a player: He is a defensive central midfielder, not too different from Mascherano or Sissoko. He offers very little going forward which can be seen on his goals/assist ratio. His main ability is to break up play and pass the ball to the player next to him. Defensively he is decent but not in the league of Mascherano and at Juventus Sissoko is keeping him on the bench. Main reason I think is his positional play. Too often he is far from the opposition player and too slow to get to him in case of counterattacks. This leads to him commiting many freekicks and picking up many yellow cards.
      Another thing is, after he was at Schalke and Sevilla it seems as if he is a bit too convinced of himself, belives he can hit 50 yard passes when he cant and often blames others when its his mistake.

Of course he can play, its not like Ali Dia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ali_Dia) we are looking at here, otherwise he wouldnt have played for Schalke, Sevilla and Juventus, but he is 30 and I dont think he has gotten better with age. He does one thing good, which is to break up play, but he doesnt do it superbly. And if you only offer one thing on the pitch you better do that thing superbly, like Masch does.

And then of course his disciplinary problems and his attitude. Thats what my post on the previous page was about.

^ this

Quick Reply