Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 5th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W2 D1 L0

Rafa - "Purslow to blame"

Read 14028 times
      RedLFCBlood
      Re: Rafa - "Purslow to blame"
      Reply #115: Jul 20, 2010 08:55:19 pm

"Everyone asks me why I left Liverpool," said Benayoun. "There is only one reason – Rafa Benítez."

"He tried to destroy my confidence.

You can't treat a player like this and expect him to be happy."

Benítez tried to break me like he broke Riera."

As I've said before all this Rafa tried to break me, Rafa destroyed my confidence talk comes down to the player.

How many times has Torres said he may have scored two great goals, yet Rafa would pull him up about the 4 chances he failed to convert ?

Torres took that in his stride and took it as Rafa trying to help him develop his game.

Yossi and Riera have probably took it the other way, I don't believe however Rafa had any real 'Personal" problem with any player and wanted to "Destroy their confidence" or "Break Them".

I guess it all just comes down to players mentality.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4596 
      Reply #116: Jul 20, 2010 08:55:20 pm
      Why did yosski not speak out when rafa was in charge?

Because he aint got the balls the F***ing coward.
      jake15919
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 359 posts | 14 
      • Something, something, something, the dark side.
      Reply #117: Jul 20, 2010 08:55:37 pm
      Not necessarily Arsenal have stood by Wenger and United stood by Fergie under similar circumstances.

Given that Rafa's fortunes were not helped by a board that operated a sell to buy transfer embargo making a net profit on transfer over two seasons, I think they could have afforded him one more season. However that was not the case & Roy is now our manager.

Normally when a good team have a bad time of it the board step up to the plate and support the manager.

Our clowns sat back and opened the Champagne to celebrate the chance to sack Rafa.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #118: Jul 20, 2010 08:57:45 pm

Our clowns sat back and opened the Champagne to celebrate the chance to sack Rafa.

Exactly mate.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #119: Jul 20, 2010 08:57:58 pm
      ....I don't believe however Rafa had any real 'Personal" problem with any player and wanted to "Destroy their confidence" or "Break Them".
      'Why the F**k would he?' would seem the obvious question.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #120: Jul 20, 2010 09:00:02 pm
      'Why the F**k would he?' would seem the obvious question.

Exactly mate, you only have to look at Rafa's actions since leaving the club and the money he has donated to various charities around Liverpool, that doesn't give me the impression of a cold detached calculating person.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4596 
      Reply #121: Jul 20, 2010 09:04:15 pm
      Exactly mate, you only have to look at Rafa's actions since leaving the club and the money he has donated to various charities around Liverpool, that doesn't give me the impression of a cold detached calculating person.

Disgruntled players,ex managers,texting players  and a shitty board room can do what they like and slate the man rafa is but we aint no fools and would never allow it to be tarnished by this childish smear campaign.

BITTER F***ing BITTER.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #122: Jul 20, 2010 09:12:41 pm
      Just to give you an idea of what I mean about the players mentality, heres an article from Torres in 2009.

Torres: 'Rafa either wants to improve me or kill me'

As Fernando Torres tells his life story in a new book, the lauded striker speaks to Ian Herbert about his life in Madrid and on Merseyside – and reveals the intensity of his relationship with Benitez

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/torres-rafa-either-wants-to-improve-me-or-kill-me-1796892.html

Typical Benitez – and a story Glen Johnson should have read before he arrived at Anfield in July. Johnson assumed that Benitez would appreciate his talents, having paid £17m for him – then spent three weeks listening to him detailing his faults. "Rafa spends time with everyone whether they are doing well or badly," Torres says in the manager's defence. "He is always pushing the players because it is the best way to improve, and you can say to yourself he wants to improve me or he wants to kill me, but I can tell you, he does want the best for every single player."

Now I accept Rafa is far from immune from criticism, but as I said different players respond differently, it all comes down to mentality of that said player.
      « Last Edit: Jul 20, 2010 09:21:09 pm by RedLFCBlood »
      four hour fire
      • On Trial

• 4 posts |
      Reply #123: Jul 20, 2010 09:25:06 pm
      Benayoun said he was very unhappy but out of respect for the club he did not speak out. He said the players and people at the club know how he felt.

What is the point of going public with this anyway?   

Quick Reply