Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 24th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W9 D1 L4

Royston Drenthe (Real Madrid)

Read 6708 times
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Re: Royston Drenthe (Real Madrid)
      Reply #46: Jul 26, 2010 03:57:39 pm
      This just goes to show the quality of football "journalism" that's about at the moment. Papers are using a facebook page that Drenthe doesn't even know about to write a story!!
      Who's up for setting up a facebook page for Xabi Alsono with a status saying:
      "I realised I made a big mistake coming to Real Madrid. Thank God the door was still open for me to return home..to Liverpool. Roll on next season!"

You never know it might start the ball rolling!!  ;)

Lets bloody hope so - I'll let you set that one up! :D
      Adz
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,192 posts |
      Reply #47: Jul 26, 2010 06:08:32 pm
      Hasn't anyone noticed that, that status was updated on 15th July and today is the 26th!! Also it is a fan page..therefore anyone (a fan) could update it.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #48: Jul 26, 2010 06:25:11 pm
      I think he suits being a winger more than a full back, he is exactly the same as Johnson but at left back, don't think we can afford to have just 2 defenders back can we? Especially if we get hit on the counter.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,486 posts | 349 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #49: Jul 26, 2010 06:43:27 pm
      Hasn't anyone noticed that, that status was updated on 15th July and today is the 26th!! Also it is a fan page..therefore anyone (a fan) could update it.

Fan pages are cotrolled by one person or more if he/she makes others admins. So the creator only has the ability to update the status etc.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #50: Jul 26, 2010 11:31:45 pm
      F**k me this lad is being heavily linked, would be an awful signing.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #51: Jul 26, 2010 11:48:42 pm
      F**k me this lad is being heavily linked, would be an awful signing.

I've only seen him play a couple of times and that was for Feyenoord, all i know of him is that he ripped us to pieces down the left flank (our right) when we played them a few years back.
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #52: Jul 27, 2010 12:06:37 am
      Although this is total sh*te i think I'm the only one who wouldn't mind seeing him at Anfield..
      I know people get sick of hearing about players having "potential" but i really think this guy has a lot to prove and is still relatively young..
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #53: Jul 27, 2010 12:06:43 am
      That is a long time ago, that was in a pre season match and he has been piss poor for Real since and has a massive ego. I've seen him place with Real on a number of occasions and he is extremely average. So no thanks.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #54: Jul 27, 2010 12:13:05 am
      Although this is total sh*te i think I'm the only one who wouldn't mind seeing him at Anfield..
      I know people get sick of hearing about players having "potential" but i really think this guy has a lot to prove and is still relatively young..

I wouldn't mind him, like i said though, i haven't seen him play much - just the odd time really and he showed potential back then. Should consider a loan to buy deal.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #55: Jul 27, 2010 12:18:11 am
      That is a long time ago, that was in a pre season match and he has been piss poor for Real since and has a massive ego. I've seen him place with Real on a number of occasions and he is extremely average. So no thanks.
      He's a guy from the street, acts tough and macho, but he doesn't have a massive ego, if anything he has massive confidence issues, I know he went into therapy for that about 2 years ago. The only reason he's at Real is because he performed extremely well at the European Championship for under 21 in 2007, but he hasn't performed well since. Everybody in Holland was shocked Real wanted him, nobody believed he'd make it there. Feyenoord were glad to get rid of him too, especially for that money, he had an awful season there before he went to Real.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,710 posts | 896 
      Reply #56: Jul 27, 2010 02:52:29 am
      well i watched him on few occasions few seasons back and he did impress me. when i read the that he was joining us then i thought that everybody was going to be excited by this signing but there are alot of disappointment here in this thread so maybe you guys know more about him then me =o/
      a player who can play at as a winger, for 6m. its not too bad or i am missing something? does he have a attitude problem?
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #57: Jul 27, 2010 03:13:50 am
      As a winger I'd rather play Babel than Drenthe Billo, and that says alot. You tell me where he has consistently performed well as a winger for a whole season? So what that he is just 6 million and he's a winger, that doesn't mean he is a good player. I would hope that any 23 year old that is linked with us at least had 1 good season sometime at some club.
      RyanBabs
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      • London town is burning down
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,657 posts | 3891 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #59: Jul 27, 2010 12:43:17 pm
      Liverpool appeared last night to have moved to solve the problem of the left back position at Anfield by attempting to secure the signature of Real Madrid's £9m rated Dutch player Royston Drenthe.

Though Wigan Athletic's Maynor Figueroa had seemed to be priority target for Roy Hodgson, the Liverpool manager can ill afford to delay in his move to fill a position which is a priority for him.

The departure of Argentine Emiliano Insua to Fiorentina for £4.5m earlier this summer has left the club with no recognised left back, following the departure of Andrea Dossena to Napoli in January and Fabio Aurelio's exit from the club as a free agent, following his failure to agree a new contract earlier this summer. Drenthe, 23, a former Dutch under-21 international, has been frustrated during his spell in Spain, having played just 46 times since he arrived three years ago from Feyenoord.

Drenthe, who can also operate as a left winger, claimed on his own facebook page that he is set to move to Anfield. "I will soon be joining Liverpool FC. I hope I will have a good season," he said.

Liverpool's interest in the player, who arrived at the Bernabeu at the same time as his compatriots Wesley Sneijder and Arjen Robben, pre-dates Rafael Benitez's departure from the club with initial inquiries coming before the end of last season

Some slow days in the media lately.
      Maybe we should set up a facebook page saying we have sold the club to arab billioinaires
      NavyNick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 851 posts | 38 
      Reply #60: Jul 27, 2010 12:54:12 pm
      God I hate Sadbook, its amazing how people can get taking in by complete bollocks.  I bet if you put a page on face book saying we where sold, it would be on this forum in a matter of seconds.  and people would be taken in.
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #61: Jul 27, 2010 12:55:09 pm
      Good ol Friendface!
      RyanBabs

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      Reply #62: Jul 27, 2010 01:13:09 pm
      God I hate Sadbook, its amazing how people can get taking in by complete bollocks.  I bet if you put a page on face book saying we where sold, it would be on this forum in a matter of seconds.  and people would be taken in.

Only one way to do this...

;)
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #63: Jul 27, 2010 09:33:41 pm
      ...Get around the back...
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #64: Jul 27, 2010 10:49:24 pm
      Real Madrid's Royston Drenthe set to sue over Liverpool FC Facebook hoax

Royston Drenthe's agent has rubbished reports that his client will be joining Liverpool this summer following a Facebook hoax.

Someone posing as the Holland international, 23, on the social networking site posted a message on an unofficial fan page on July 15 claiming that a deal had been agreed with the Reds and added: "I hope I will have a good season with my new club."

Several media outlets picked up on the claims however a representative for the Real Madrid winger, who faced Liverpool in a pre-season tournament in 2007 during his Feyenoord days, has refuted the claims and insists that they will be pursuing legal action against the cyber imposter.

The agent said: "Royston does not have a Facebook page, a Twitter page or a MySpace page.

"We will be taking legal action against the person who set up this false Royston Drenthe account.

"Royston is definitely staying at Real Madrid.

"He is happy there, he has spoken to the club directors and is looking forward to the new season at the Bernabeu."

http://www.clickliverpool.com/sport/liverpool-fc/1210002-real-madrids-royston-drenthe-set-to-sue-over-liverpool-fc-facebook-hoax.html?

On that note, I think we can lock this... thankfully :)
      RyanBabs

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      Reply #65: Jul 27, 2010 10:59:22 pm
      Glad he's shiteee anyway
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #66: Jul 27, 2010 11:27:49 pm

"Royston is definitely staying at Real Madrid.

"He is happy there, he has spoken to the club directors and is looking forward to the new season at the Bernabeu."

Sweet. He'd make Dossena look like Roberto Carlos.

Locked.

Quick Reply