Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 4th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Hodgson reveals Torres has "beef" with club

Read 8197 times
      JoeyLFC
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 520 posts |
      Hodgson reveals Torres has "beef" with club
      Jul 25, 2010 01:06:36 pm
      Roy Hodgson says he has done all he can to keep Fernando Torres at Liverpool, admitting the Spaniard is in dispute with the club.

Torres is a £50 million target for Premier League champions Chelsea, and is believed to be unhappy with broken promises about transfer spending by Liverpool.

Hodgson replaced Rafa Benitez as Anfield manager last month, and believes if Torres leaves the damage will have been done before he arrived.

"Unfortunately, I cannot do much more," Hodgson said. "His beef is with the club and not me.

"Fernando's situation has nothing to do with me, he made that perfectly clear over the phone during the World Cup and when I met him face-to-face.

"He knows what I would like to do with the club. He knows how much I value him.

"But his issues are with what has gone on in the past rather than the future.

"If he has problems with the club for things in the past, it is difficult for me to dismiss that."

Torres was part of Spain's victorious World Cup squad, although he failed to score in South Africa and was dropped from the team.

He has scored 72 goals in 116 games over three injury-hit seasons for Liverpool.

Link

I don't know what to think of this. Why is he speaking to NOTW?
      « Last Edit: Jul 25, 2010 01:16:31 pm by Reslivo »
      Witto
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,621 posts | 15 
      • Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Luis Suarez.
      Re: Hodgson reveals Torres has "beef" with club
      Reply #1: Jul 25, 2010 01:09:22 pm
      If it's true, why isn't it on the official website?
      ste_macca
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,175 posts | 22 
      Reply #2: Jul 25, 2010 01:12:10 pm
      Why you even reading that Sunday rag?
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #3: Jul 25, 2010 01:14:59 pm
      I have always said that this sh*t rag, stands for NO Truth Written.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #4: Jul 25, 2010 01:15:59 pm
      How many times do we have to say the N*TW & The S*n lie about sources & quotes.  They print this garbage because they know it'll rile us.  It's childish on their behalf, but that seems to be the way the papers work nowadays, especially red tops.

Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #5: Jul 25, 2010 01:17:05 pm
      NOTW lied, Hodgson did not speak to them.

I have edited the source on the first post from NOTW to Yahoo Sport.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #6: Jul 25, 2010 01:17:34 pm
      I said all this before regarding the Swiss training camp, this was after the game and there would have been a press conference where all the media sit in one room and Roy would have spoke to all the press in one swift go, not giving exclusives to The News Of The World journalists, this very same story is in the mirror with the exact same quotes.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #7: Jul 25, 2010 01:20:33 pm
      Although their is no story, like us, the players have been lied to by that pair of yankstains.  If my management behaved the same, I'm fairly sure I'd consider my options.
      SaintLiverpudlian
      • Forum John Toshack

• 278 posts |
      • Liverpool is my religion Anfield is my church
      Reply #8: Jul 25, 2010 01:21:56 pm
      Torres loves our club, it's HIS club too. Regardless of what happens with him, although it hurts, but our great community club will like it's always done recover from losing ANY player. We are Liverpool, maybe we won't win anything next season without him, but the future is bright, it's always red.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #9: Jul 25, 2010 01:28:52 pm
      this very same story is in the mirror with the exact same quotes.

....and that's the salient point Blud - there are direct quotes. People are choosing to dismiss the article because the NoTW claimed it as an exclusive. Let them bury their heads in the sand, if they wish but, to my mind, this story highlights everything that's wrong at the club.

The signing of Joe Cole may have papered over some cracks for those who are happy for an excuse not to fight but when push comes to shove; the truth is still out there......

Lies, debts and cowboys.
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #10: Jul 25, 2010 01:42:09 pm
      For a start, i saw the interview in question and at no point did Roy use the word "beef". What he was saying was that there are a few things Torres wants to sort out between him and the club, in another words the empty promises by the Yanks.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #11: Jul 25, 2010 02:28:25 pm
      ....and that's the salient point Blud - there are direct quotes. People are choosing to dismiss the article because the NoTW claimed it as an exclusive. Let them bury their heads in the sand, if they wish but, to my mind, this story highlights everything that's wrong at the club.

The signing of Joe Cole may have papered over some cracks for those who are happy for an excuse not to fight but when push comes to shove; the truth is still out there......

Lies, debts and cowboys.

Exactly mate, the job at hand is by all means be optimistic about the forth coming season from a footballing perspective, but do not think everything's rosey on a boardroom level, especially considering two of what could be described as the spine of our squad are uncertain of their futures because of our boards failings/lies/manipulations.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,507 posts | 2871 
      Reply #12: Jul 25, 2010 02:32:40 pm
      I don't get the point of this article.

All the knowledgeable players and fans of the club have 'beef' with the club. 'Beef' with Tom and George.

Torres having 'beef' with the club is nothing out of the ordinary.
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • Jürgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Reply #13: Jul 25, 2010 02:57:03 pm
      Torres loves our club, it's HIS club too. Regardless of what happens with him, although it hurts, but our great community club will like it's always done recover from losing ANY player. We are Liverpool, maybe we won't win anything next season without him, but the future is bright, it's always red.
      Bang on it's his club.It's our club.Very little loyalty around nowadays but i really believe Torres is truly loyal bloke.
      The world & his mother know about the sh*te going on off the pitch but he will see beyond the present situation &
      see we "WILL"be back where we belong once those fcuk's piss of back under the rock they climbed out from.
      D;REAM.......things can only get better ???
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #14: Jul 25, 2010 03:11:57 pm
      FFS. If he leaves us I'm going to be absolutely gutted.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #15: Jul 25, 2010 03:14:17 pm
      He's talking about the Yanks. We already knew this. He said it himself and we all praised him for it.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #16: Jul 25, 2010 03:22:35 pm
      I think it is a bizaare interview can you imagine Wenger saying Fabergas leaving has nothing to do with him it is up to the chief executive or Ferguson saying the same about Rooney.

Roy is what he said he is about a week ago just the coach he seems to have F**k input in what Purslow does and Roy don't be hinting that the reason Fernando is thinking at leaving is because he has a beef with something in the past before Roy came here.

The reason Fernando will leave is because he doesn't think the club is able to compete, whether it is because Roy is manager whether the transfer targets are good enough for him or whether there is no sign of a takeover. Please stop lining up Rafa for the blame if he leaves.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4596 
      Reply #17: Jul 25, 2010 03:43:18 pm
      Yep looks like rafa is about to sanction torres move! :f_tongueincheek:
      jake15919
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 359 posts | 14 
      • Something, something, something, the dark side.
      Reply #18: Jul 25, 2010 03:55:22 pm
      Hodgson just looks consistently weak and helpless in the press.

Not what I expect from a Liverpool manager.
      DeCo26
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 40 posts |
      Reply #19: Jul 25, 2010 04:05:41 pm
      This from ESPN. 24 July

Liverpool boss Roy Hodgson has admitted he does not know if Fernando Torres will still be at the club this season.

Torres has been linked with a move away from Anfield all summer, with Chelsea believed to be ready to make a bid, but Hodgson remains hopeful that the striker will follow Steven Gerrard's lead and commit his future to the club.

Speaking after Saturday's friendly defeat to Kaiserslautern in Germany, Hodgson said he was awaiting news from managing director Christian Purslow on the Spain international's intentions.

Torres, currently out injured with a thigh strain and on an extended break after winning the World Cup in South Africa, could be tempted by a move to another club with Champions League football.

Hodgson was asked if there was any news on Torres' situation, and he told Sky Sports News: "No, but Christian might be able to if you got hold of him. I haven't spoken to him for the last two days he's been travelling back from Spain where he's been on holiday.

"His holiday has also been taken up a lot of time by discussions with Fernando and his people, so I'm afraid the only person who can give you the type of details you require is Christian. It would be wrong of me to say too much."

Hodgson is now hoping Torres will public pledge to stay with Liverpool.

"That's what I'm hoping for, yeah," Hodgson said. "I made it clear from my point of view I'm really looking forward to working with him and I believe he's a key, key figure at the club. I obviously want him to be a part of the team we're trying to build here and I can only hope he'll buy into what the club is offering him.

"I don't think there are any worries with him in terms of me personally or what we're doing. I think the concerns go back once again to the time before I came to the club."

hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #20: Jul 25, 2010 04:16:51 pm
      Why does everyone try to make out Roy is passing the buck?. Torres was quite vocal in his opinions of what he expects from the owners during the transfer window. Four or five top quality signings. If they don't arrive and Torres leaves it will not be Roy's fault. F**k me, Roy is getting some stick on this site, and for what?, coming in and persuading Gerrard to stay and convincing Joe Cole to join as well. Torres' problems are with the owners.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      Reply #21: Jul 25, 2010 04:28:16 pm
      Hodgson just looks consistently weak and helpless in the press.

Not what I expect from a Liverpool manager.

What do you want him to do, eh?. F**k me, the man has only been here 25 days!. He has come into a clusterfuck of a Club going through a tremendous amount of turmoil and in-fighting. He is trying his hardest to keep the players he wants here. Can Roy stop Purslow selling players?, no he can't. If any other manager was here instead, could they stop Purslow selling players?, no they couldn't.

Roy is making the best of a bad situation here, he is still finding his feet. And at the same time he is trying to sort out the mess that was left behind last season, i'll tell you what, why don't we stick a broom up his arse so he can sweep the paths around Melwood while he's training the lads and building team morale?.

Back to the point, jake15919, what do you expect Roy to do?. I look forward to your reply sir.
      The Famous Kopite
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 789 posts | -22 
      • Edinburgh to Liverpool 260miles 4 90mins worth it
      Reply #22: Jul 25, 2010 04:31:18 pm
      And brought the Singing of the summer in Joe Cole . It took 6 Years for fans to get on Rafa's back. And 25 Days for Roy I don't Understand it's a Joke.

What do you want him to do, eh?. F**k me, the man has only been here 25 days!. He has come into a clusterfuck of a Club going through a tremendous amount of turmoil and in-fighting. He is trying his hardest to keep the players he wants here. Can Roy stop Purslow selling players?, no he can't. If any other manager was here instead, could they stop Purslow selling players?, no they couldn't.

Roy is making the best of a bad situation here, he is still finding his feet. And at the same time he is trying to sort out the mess that was left behind last season, I'll tell you what, why don't we stick a broom up his arse so he can sweep the paths around Melwood while he's training the lads and building team morale?.

Back to the point, jake15919, what do you expect Roy to do?. I look forward to your reply sir.
      jake15919
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 359 posts | 14 
      Reply #23: Jul 25, 2010 05:07:09 pm

Roy is making the best of a bad situation here, he is still finding his feet. And at the same time he is trying to sort out the mess that was left behind last season, I'll tell you what, why don't we stick a broom up his arse so he can sweep the paths around Melwood while he's training the lads and building team morale?.

I expect Roy to start giving the impression that he's in charge.

All he has done in the press so far is repeatedly give out the answers 'oh I don't know.', 'Ask Mr Perslow', I haven't spoken to anyone yet.' etc etc etc. I fully realize the situation at the club and the conditions that Hodgson is working under, but he should be hammering on Perslow's door demanding answers, and a proper briefing, before he appears before the press.

The press by the way are lapping up his weakness. A large section of the press are happy to portray us as a club in crisis not because of our owners but because we finished 7th and all our players want to leave and Hodgson is powerless.

If you think this is acceptable from a Liverpool manager I respect your right to your opinion but I have to disagree with you.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #24: Jul 25, 2010 05:13:27 pm
      We might be doing decent business on the transfer market untill now, especially considering our current situation, but the truth is we're still selling for more than we're spending, we're certainly not investing money into new players. In the long run we'll go downhill this way, and Torres knows it.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      Reply #25: Jul 25, 2010 05:14:08 pm
      I expect Roy to start giving the impression that he's in charge.

All he has done in the press so far is repeatedly give out the answers 'oh I don't know.', 'Ask Mr Perslow', I haven't spoken to anyone yet.' etc etc etc. I fully realize the situation at the club and the conditions that Hodgson is working under, but he should be hammering on Perslow's door demanding answers, and a proper briefing, before he appears before the press.

The press by the way are lapping up his weakness. A large section of the press are happy to portray us as a club in crisis not because of our owners but because we finished 7th and all our players want to leave and Hodgson is powerless.

If you think this is acceptable from a Liverpool manager I respect your right to your opinion but I have to disagree with you.

All he has done is play it safe mate. I respect your opinion too mate. My take on it is this. Roy will spend the first season here working out the ins and outs and who he can and can't trust. He is giving answers in interviews about not knowing things because he genuinely doesn't know. Roy is playing a very clever game here at the moment. He is deflecting all financial questions, whether that be the buying or selling of players, towards Purslow. And to be honest, how can anyone expect Roy to answer questions he doesn't have the answers to?.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,729 posts | 3742 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #26: Jul 25, 2010 05:16:29 pm
      What does beef mean apart from cow meat ???
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #27: Jul 25, 2010 05:20:40 pm

It means to have a problem/issues with mate.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #28: Jul 25, 2010 05:27:59 pm

This ^ ^ ^......it also means cock as in: I hear Purslime's fond of the beef.  ;D
      redpool
      • Forum David Johnson

• 217 posts |
      Reply #29: Jul 25, 2010 05:43:27 pm
      Pusslime has probably told Torres that there is no chance of even a single major star signing this season let alone the 3 or 4 that Torres wanted the club to sign a few months ago. Doubt that he has been trying real hard to persuade Torres to stay. The sly c**t on the behest of our 2 leeches owners will be very glad to take this golden opportunity to offload Torres to line their pockets. Remember our club still "owe" these 2 scumbags 140 millions pounds at a annually compounded interest rate of 10%. Do you guys think THicks give a sh*t about what the fans want? Just look at what he did to his own hometown teams , i.e. the Dallas Stars and Texas Rangers.
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #30: Jul 25, 2010 06:05:25 pm
      When are the rest world cup guys supposed to be back for training?
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,729 posts | 3742 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #31: Jul 25, 2010 06:06:32 pm
      Thanks sweet.
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #32: Jul 25, 2010 06:27:58 pm
      If the beef is referring to the owners.....pretty sure we all have the same beef.
      number7
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 803 posts |
      Reply #33: Jul 25, 2010 06:29:33 pm
      The cu*ts are engineering Torres' move by telling a lie that Torres has issue with the club.
      I meant, after celebrating Spain's WC victory with a Liverpool scarf around his neck?
      Poor lie, very poor a lie.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #34: Jul 25, 2010 06:43:17 pm
      F***ing hell, you lot with your conspiracy theories are hilarious.

The fact is, Torres doesn't like how the owners work, how they've pissed us off, let Rafa go, so he's understandably reconsidering his future.
      Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,586 posts | 62 
      • At the end of the storm- Is a golden sky....
      Reply #35: Jul 25, 2010 06:48:25 pm
      How many times do we have to say the N*TW & The S*n lie about sources & quotes.  They print this garbage because they know it'll rile us.  It's childish on their behalf, but that seems to be the way the papers work nowadays, especially red tops.

Whatever.

If it isnt on the official site- its bullshit
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #36: Jul 25, 2010 06:49:50 pm
      We all know that Torres did not come to Anfield to see this. We know what he's said and what he wants. Unsurprisingly, it's also exactly what we've said and what we want.

He's really unhappy with the uncertainties surrounding the club's future.

We just have to hope that the article is bollocks (which it may be because of the source but it's starting to appear in various sites) and the Kop scarf around Nando's next with the World Cup trophy actually meant something.

He's been pretty quiet about his future. That's in both ways, good and bad. Whatever it is, what happens happen but I do hope he'll be with us for many seasons.

Aside from that, I honestly think if he were to leave, he would only go back to Spain - Barcelona or Atletico Madrid.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #37: Jul 25, 2010 06:54:15 pm
      I want my manager to be the manager I want him when he is coming into the club he will have an agreement in place that he will have the final say in who comes or goes, Roy obviously doesn't, as he said himself he is just the coach.

But can you imagine what would be said if players were sold or brought in without the say so of Wenger Ferguson, Ancelotti or even Redknapp. And then he gives a bizaare interview fueling speculation that Torres may leave saying it is nothing to do with me and I don't know what is going on with him you'd have to ask Purslow about that.

F**k me have any of ye ever heard Ferguson, Wenger or Ancelotti make comments like that. That is why I'm disappointed at the moment with the situation very suprised there is people wondering why there is questions being currently asked about Roys input.
      DeCo26
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 40 posts |
      Reply #38: Jul 25, 2010 07:07:44 pm
      I want my manager to be the manager I want him when he is coming into the club he will have an agreement in place that he will have the final say in who comes or goes, Roy obviously doesn't, as he said himself he is just the coach.

I agree. That's why the position is called 'manager'. Otherwise it would be 'coach'. I understand that it is VERY early in his tenure, but first impressions say a lot. If he is not going to put his foot down and have the two idiots behind their desks making all the decisions, Torres is right. He, along with everyone else won't have much of a future in Liverpool. I have faith in Roy, I think he has been a good manager in history, but he needs to start doing more to keep the squad together and competitive for obtaining a title.
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #39: Jul 25, 2010 07:11:09 pm
      I bet my pension that the "beef" he has with the club is the sacking of Rafa.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #40: Jul 25, 2010 07:13:09 pm
      If that is the case Eem can you really see the man that made the decision Purslow being able to make him stay.
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #41: Jul 25, 2010 07:19:31 pm
      NoTW has a history of misquoting people.. You guys at least the older ones should know better :P

I think the speculations regarding Torres can Rest In Peace. Its all rubbish. First of all, even if he wants to go, we won't let him go for cheap. How many clubs can match the asking price? Only 3 or may be 4 at max. And he is definitely not stupid enough to join City. That leaves only Chelsea and Real. One that he won't join and one that has tried and failed and is no longer interested.
      And then the biggest thing, that pic following the WC. I don't think one should be asking again which club he wants to play for after seeing that. Whatever going around in the media is just to spice up the things. And they would continue to do so till 31 August.

I have no doubt Torres is here at least till the next season and thereafter depending on our performance this year.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #42: Jul 25, 2010 07:20:25 pm
      Mate he made the comments on an interview on Sky Sports News.
      paulboo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,146 posts | 10 
      Reply #43: Jul 25, 2010 07:34:46 pm
      Give the man a break will you and get behind him. Hes gonna do his best for us , how can he answer questions he dont know answers to? As far as i can tell hes a decent fella and honest too and he may just surprise a few of you.
      And Torres will be going nowhere and it certainly wouldnt be to another english club if he did. Jesus.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,177 posts | 265 
      Reply #44: Jul 25, 2010 07:37:12 pm
      What kind of Liverpool FC that he love ?. Anybody believe that if last season he still Atletico's player and Hodgson try to bring him to Liverpool for the 2010/2011 season, then he will come ?
      Let alone Torres and foreign players, even Gerrard who is a local player and all FANS around the world are never happy for the present situation at LFC.
      What my hopefully is Torres to stay, but if he leave, what I can do is sad and maybe a bit cry. He's a very special player for LFC for long time wait, because his signing and his performance and his love to the club has strengthen all fan's believe that we can win a title with him. I still believe with Rafa +Gerrard + Torres with another management (owner), LFC for sure have won the EPL champions before last season. All are just our unfortunate to have the present management.
      Just my opinion and sorry for my poor English.
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #45: Jul 25, 2010 07:38:45 pm
      If that is the case Eem can you really see the man that made the decision Purslow being able to make him stay.

No I cannot.

If Torres leaves, I have no doubt that it's because Rafa was sacked. Basically what everyone on here could see but the board couldn't.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #46: Jul 25, 2010 07:39:25 pm
      We've all got a problem with the club at the moment. Torres is no different. I'm fairly sure Gerrard, Carragher and Reina as examples are all the same.

Although, I think you're all forgetting that it is:

a) Sunday

and

b) The News of The World.

Which means they can pretty much invent 'news.' I wouldn't really read in to those comments too much.
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #47: Jul 25, 2010 08:46:06 pm
      Which means they can pretty much invent 'news.' I wouldn't really read in to those comments too much.

All well and true, but those exact same comments have been seen on more than one source.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,388 posts | 1543 
      Reply #48: Jul 25, 2010 09:15:44 pm
      We know if it came from NOTW it's likely to be bullshit, so why are we even giving it a topic. I couldn't be bothered reading past the first two posts. F**k ! why am I wasting my time typeing this.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,666 posts | 3900 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #49: Jul 25, 2010 09:28:06 pm
      Torres is like the rest of us. He knows the board have lied again and again about money. He has seen the man who brought him to the club and made him the player he is stabbed in the back. So like a lot of us he doesnt believe the club
      will move forward under its current ownership. Its not easy for us to sit and wait for the owners to be bought out and as much as Torres loves the club all players have a shelflive so as much as players he might want to stay Torres we cant expect him to put his career on hold while we sort our mess out.

In saying that I would hope Torres would give us at least one more year. Maybe if he saw the wheels in motion for a change of ownership it will convince him he can achieve his ambitions at our great club.

If not... Thanks for the wonderful memories Nando.

As incompetent as our board may be I cant see them letting Torres go anyway as Im sure he makes them millions in image rights as well as being the most talented out field player in our squad
      Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #50: Jul 25, 2010 09:40:09 pm
      If the NOTW printed it was Sunday today I'd still check the callender.

We all know Torres thinks there has not been enough investment in players (actually there's been sod all investment in anything apart from financing the loans lately) and if things don't change he might start looking for a club with who are prepared to put the money in.

I think this has nothing to do with Rafa leaving.  Torres' disquiet came well before Rafa got the bullet.

IMO this is speculation based on Torres' previous stated 'beef' with the club in the absence of any firm statement from Torres.

The fact that this is not on the official website means nothing.  They are hardly going to print anything that holds H&G responsible for Torres' disenchantment with the club.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #51: Jul 25, 2010 09:52:17 pm
      All well and true, but those exact same comments have been seen on more than one source.

Aye, I have no doubt that those quotes are 100% accurate.

But it's the NOTW's God given right to twist what anyone's words mean. Hodgson has come out and said that Torres is fine with him, but he basically has queries with the club. I'd take that as 'Fernando wants assurances, because on the face of things we're still in the same boat. No matter how you dress it up.'

Whereas the NOTW have taken it as 'Fernando is off because he's got beef with the club.' That'll be sure to get the fans talking.

It disappoints me that Liverpool fans are even speaking about the sh*te that they put out. Any publicity, positive or negative, is good publicity for them, unfortunately.
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #52: Jul 25, 2010 10:04:05 pm
      Given the little information we have its 50/50 at least.. How can people be so sure he'll stay? Purslime going to meet him for talks in Spain can only mean:

1) He's looking to leave the club because he's not happy OR

2) He's looking to leave the club because "the slimey one" is looking to sell him.

Why would Purslime go to Spain if there wasn't a decision to be made?? And Roy actually said he didn't have a clue if he's staying or not...
      Those who think its just some media creation are mistaken.. Again for me its 50/50..

hobbithead
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 747 posts | -3 
      Reply #53: Jul 25, 2010 10:23:45 pm
      I like Roys use of the word 'beef', top man.
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #54: Jul 25, 2010 10:29:32 pm
      As other's have said, Torres's beef is the same as ours.

Pity we cant just chuck it on a barbeque and charcoal the f****
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,985 posts | 5042 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #55: Jul 25, 2010 10:41:24 pm
      More sh*te from a sh*te rag, Plus all the other media outlets are like flies round sh*te, ssn, red top rags, Talksquawk etc all jumping on the bandwagon, Torres loves LFC, The fans, the city, We can all understand the frustrations aired in the last 12 months, It is clear that the lies and spin and the continued bullshit from the boardroom are effecting the minds of the players and obviously casts doubts on whether LFC is going in the right direction, But those players are contracted to our club and those contracts should be honoured, Fernando is a lovely bloke and does not come across as someone who will turn his back on a club which he admires so much, IMO, He will stay for this season and then see what happens, If we are successful and heading in the right direction then its possible all this will be put behind him and possibly commit for longer, If we have a mediocre season then i'm afraid it will be bye bye Nando, As for Roy it does'nt matter because if those kunts upstairs can successfully rid our club of a manager who stood up against all their bullshit, lies, deceit then what chance has Roy, Nobody wants a yes man at their club but unfortunately thats exactly why Purslime and the fat greedy kunts wanted, Roys hands are tied, And so would any other bloke who took up the post, I still believe Roy will be good for our club its not an ideal situation but its on the pitch that he will concentrate on thats his role, to get LFC playing good football and challenging on all fronts, That in itself will appease most of us fans and will obviously lessen the hatred for those kunts upstairs, Ironicly the more success we have the more they will demand for the club and the viscious cycle continues.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #56: Jul 25, 2010 10:55:22 pm
      Le Bouf = No Big Summer.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #57: Jul 25, 2010 10:55:42 pm
      What do people expect Roy to say ? If Nando is saying he has a problem with the 'club', what do they expect Roy to do about that ? I'm sure he's tried to get him stay, but let's not be naive - if Nando goes, it won't be simply because of the owners/investment and all the backroom sh*te. Fact is we had a sh*t outing last season and that's left us out of the Champions League, and a squad that has an outside chance of top4 but no more than that. Nando is one of the best footballers in the world. You don't get there without being ambitious as well as talented. I'm sure he's a loyal guy but he has a career to think of, he's in his prime and he wants to start winning things. It's like any career, everyone wants to move on and sometimes you have to be selfish to get to the next level. You might take some flack initially, but if Nando moves on and wins trophies/has success in his first year, everyone will be saying how right he was to move on, what a timely switch, bla bla bla.
      In saying all that I really hope he stays. Our formation is based on him up front on his own with someone in behind. If he goes, yeah we might have a few quid to spend but who can you get in to replace the guy? Have said it before, when he walks out on the field you always feel you're in with a chance. So please stay Nando, but understand if you gotta move on :(
      jake15919
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 359 posts | 14 
      Reply #58: Jul 26, 2010 12:15:28 am
      All he has done is play it safe mate. I respect your opinion too mate. My take on it is this. Roy will spend the first season here working out the ins and outs and who he can and can't trust. He is giving answers in interviews about not knowing things because he genuinely doesn't know. Roy is playing a very clever game here at the moment. He is deflecting all financial questions, whether that be the buying or selling of players, towards Purslow. And to be honest, how can anyone expect Roy to answer questions he doesn't have the answers to?.

Your last sentence sums up the situation perfectly. Roy is in front of the press being expected to give answers when he doesn't have any. Why? Because he's not demanding them from Perslow.

I agree that this could be a clever rouse to buy him time until the new owners come in , but if it is I think it is the wrong game plan as it just makes him look weak.. I have to work with mancs and to see how the media are portraying Roy as a pathetic victim of circumstances beyond his control is embarrassing. And Roy is not helping himself.

Roy is my leader, and until he fucks up he has my 100% loyal support, but I think his dealings with the press are poor at best and damaging at worst. I first pointed this out when he made his subservient comments about Ferguson, and I expressed the hope he would change. So far he has not.
      « Last Edit: Jul 26, 2010 02:05:34 am by jake15919 »
      jake15919
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 359 posts | 14 
      Reply #59: Jul 26, 2010 12:42:21 am

But can you imagine what would be said if players were sold or brought in without the say so of Wenger Ferguson, Ancelotti or even Redknapp. And then he gives a bizaare interview fueling speculation that Torres may leave saying it is nothing to do with me and I don't know what is going on with him you'd have to ask Purslow about that.

F**k me have any of ye ever heard Ferguson, Wenger or Ancelotti make comments like that. That is why I'm disappointed at the moment with the situation very suprised there is people wondering why there is questions being currently asked about Roys input.

Absolutely 100%.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,289 posts | 937 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #60: Jul 26, 2010 01:44:53 am
      Personally i am impressed with what Roy Hogson has said, he is not sitting on the fence,he has not been anyones lackey, he has said were the problem lies, and has let it be known were the problem lies, if the is anyone who i am disappointed with then it's Torres, who has looked after his own career making sure he has played for Spain when he has not been fit. Torres has forgotten who pays his wages while making out he is the injured party, while we the fans who pay his wages are left dangling, Things won't be the same for me with Torres any more. If he had any respect for the club then he would have made up his mind one way or the other, not waiting to see what offers come his way
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #61: Jul 26, 2010 02:14:49 am
      Personally I am impressed with what Roy Hogson has said, he is not sitting on the fence,he has not been anyones lackey, he has said were the problem lies, and has let it be known were the problem lies, if the is anyone who I am disappointed with then it's Torres, who has looked after his own career making sure he has played for Spain when he has not been fit. Torres has forgotten who pays his wages while making out he is the injured party, while we the fans who pay his wages are left dangling, Things won't be the same for me with Torres any more. If he had any respect for the club then he would have made up his mind one way or the other, not waiting to see what offers come his way

I don't think he is waiting for what offers come his way.

He is simply looking for like any level headed fan of this club wants and that is some guarantee that the club wants to be moving forward and being able to challange for big trophies. For Torres he even expressed this when Rafa was here this will have to come in the form and shape of some quality additions to the squad. Don't let the Cole signing cloud your judgment about Purslow or the board and distract you from the immediate problems of this club.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,289 posts | 937 
      Reply #62: Jul 26, 2010 02:25:31 am
      No he is not looking like any level headed fan Torres is looking for what is good for Torres   no one else other wise he would not sit on the fence. Torres knows what is going on if he is not happy then move on. But he is not doing that he is waiting ..... looking at what is good for Torres
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #63: Jul 26, 2010 02:37:33 am
      No.

He is looking at whether or not a club of this size, tradition and history can shake off the mediocrity of it's board and once again be ready to challenge for the big titles. Just like many fans he is sick of the broken promises and lies Purslow has told. Besides I am interested to know if you feel the same resentment for Gerrard who is a born and bred scouser and has come through the ranks of our club but only up until last week spent the summer flirting with Mourinho??
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #64: Jul 26, 2010 03:25:52 am
      If we're looking for guarantees about us pushing on, then Torres committing would be a huge step in us pushing for trophies.

I appreciate that it seems that he's looking after himself but I'm not going to beat him with a stick for it, even if I thought that this was what he was doing, which I actually don't. At the end of the day, he came here to win things. His signing helped us make a step forward, among others. Hicks and Gillett have done their best in taking us many steps backwards.

Fernando is in a position of finding out whether those two are as full of sh*te as we know they are capable. I personally think he will stay but if the cards are in his favour then why not try and get some information out of the cu*ts first?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,492 posts | 8676 
      Reply #65: Jul 26, 2010 10:22:38 am
      And brought the Singing of the summer in Joe Cole .

Although if you listen to the interviews on LFCtv, it wasn't so much Roy Hodgson who brought Joe Cole in but Purslow.

As for Torres, let him get back from his holidays first, too much ado about nothing, this, especially if it's sh*t printed in the NOTW!!
      « Last Edit: Jul 26, 2010 10:27:47 am by HUYTON RED »
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #66: Jul 26, 2010 10:25:28 am
      If we're looking for guarantees about us pushing on, then Torres committing would be a huge step in us pushing for trophies.

I appreciate that it seems that he's looking after himself but I'm not going to beat him with a stick for it, even if I thought that this was what he was doing, which I actually don't. At the end of the day, he came here to win things. His signing helped us make a step forward, among others. Hicks and Gillett have done their best in taking us many steps backwards.

Fernando is in a position of finding out whether those two are as full of sh*te as we know they are capable. I personally think he will stay but if the cards are in his favour then why not try and get some information out of the cu*ts first?

The thing I like about this, is obviously Nando cares deeply for the club, hence why the "beef", Personally, I'd be happy for him to say, "I will give it next season, then review my position at the end of it"
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,608 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #67: Jul 26, 2010 10:30:48 am
      See what is starting to annoy me about this, Torres signed a 5 year bumper contract last year, he is not going anywhere, if he had doubts, he should not have signed.

The press are gunning for LFC, always have been, they hounded the best manager weve had since Kenny out the club, they now want our Best player to leave!

The guys i on holiday, Im sure when he comes back he will tell all he is an LFC player. End off. Until next summer ;D.
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #68: Jul 26, 2010 11:19:26 am
      See what is starting to annoy me about this, Torres signed a 5 year bumper contract last year, he is not going anywhere, if he had doubts, he should not have signed.

The press are gunning for LFC, always have been, they hounded the best manager weve had since Kenny out the club, they now want our Best player to leave!

The guys I on holiday, Im sure when he comes back he will tell all he is an LFC player. End off. Until next summer ;D.

Grrr.. How can you still think this????...

1) Purslime is in Spain talking with him and its fair to assume they're talking about his future. which means he's considering leaving..
      2) Roy said he doesn't know if he's staying or going and tried to disassociate himself from the talks so he doesn't get blamed for his departure..

Just because the Journo's are loving this sh*te its doesn't mean its a media creation.. They're talking about his future in Spain.. Not good..

neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #69: Jul 26, 2010 11:27:38 am
      Considering the source this thread should be locked immediately!!
      NOTW FFS its the Sun on Sunday
      I can't believe true Liverpool Supporters would even have such a f**king lying twisted rag in their homes let alone consider buying one!
      After all why would they obtain an "exclusive"  in front of say, the Echo?
      Personally I wouldn't wipe my arse with the rag, enough said
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #70: Jul 26, 2010 11:49:22 am
      Considering the source this thread should be locked immediately!!
      NOTW FFS its the Sun on Sunday
      I can't believe true Liverpool Supporters would even have such a f**king lying twisted rag in their homes let alone consider buying one!
      After all why would they obtain an "exclusive"  in front of say, the Echo?
      Personally I wouldn't wipe my arse with the rag, enough said

I swear Roy made these comments after the last game on LFC tv????..

Dont just put this down as a media creation.. Roy said these things about Purslime and Torres being in talks about his future on Tv m8...
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #71: Jul 26, 2010 12:00:55 pm

Exactimo.

The journos love all of this dont they.
      I had to laugh. Ferrari get a slap on the wrist and a drop in the ocean fine  for a team order offence at the German grand prix. Nothing changes the placement though.
      Their position with the F1 governing body reminded me of the scum and Fergusons position with the FA.
      If it had been Mc Laren they would have been blitzed and stripped of their placings.
      If it had been Liverpool in a dispute we would have come off second best.

It also means we are kicking boys number one for the media.
      (Henry Winter of the Telegraph excluded)

I notice that Mancini is circling like a vulture holding in his hand a fistful of travellers cheque for 70 million.

and he is another one on my c*nt list.
      Hope the f...ing scarf chokes him.

Tom! Oi mate!
      Big Summer! Remember?
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,608 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #72: Jul 26, 2010 12:27:15 pm
      And another thing, what has board room stuff got to do with Torres, you signed a deal to play with LFC, just shut the fuk up and play footi lad !

dodgy
      • Forum Ian St John

• 426 posts | 14 
      Reply #73: Jul 26, 2010 01:04:53 pm
      Not really sure why anyone is having a go at Roy

He has been at the club a few weeks and has given a honest interview stating that Nando has issues with the club and not Roy 
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #74: Jul 26, 2010 01:11:03 pm

He has been at the club a few weeks and has given a honest interview stating that Nando has issues with the club and not Roy 

More to the point, he said Nando has issues with what has happened in the past.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #75: Jul 26, 2010 01:16:06 pm

Exactly. Roy has done well to instill some belief already, but the issue with Nando is out of his control. Getting Cole in and Gerrard to commit is about as much as he could do, the rest is now down to our wonderful lovely owners to do their magic*

*Intense sarcasm was used in this post.
      5strs
      • Forum David Johnson

• 222 posts |
      Reply #76: Jul 26, 2010 01:46:25 pm
      He seems a bit ...nice,(for want of a better word) arl Roy does, to be a Liverpool manager. As someone has already mentioned. I wanna manager with a spine like all Red managers in the past. Oh an one that HATES (with a capital Ferguson) Manure,just like the rest of us. Please God prove me wrong ???                              Am Scared sh*tless,to be honest :(
      « Last Edit: Jul 26, 2010 01:52:40 pm by 5strs »
      dodgy
      • Forum Ian St John

• 426 posts | 14 
      Reply #77: Jul 26, 2010 01:57:52 pm
      He seems a bit ...nice,(for want of a better word) arl Roy does, to be a Liverpool manager. As someone has already mentioned. I wanna manager with a spine like all Red managers in the past. Oh an one that HATES (with a capital Ferguson) Manure,just like the rest of us. Please God prove me wrong ???                              Am Scared sh*tless,to be honest :(

Why ,what's he done that shows he is spineless
      Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #78: Jul 26, 2010 02:34:50 pm
      I think this is all speculation so here is a bit more.

If Torres is going to leave where will he go?

Italy - they don't have the money.

Barcelona - Just bought Villa and are skint.

Real Madrid - No way Jose

Chelsea - Will they pay the asking price for an injured player and will Nando play for another premier League club?

Man City - Ditto.

I don't think he is going anywhere but if he has a good start to the season and Liverpool do not put in the investment and/or are top of the Premiership at Christmas then look out in January.
      PepeReina25
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,400 posts |
      Reply #79: Jul 26, 2010 03:30:18 pm
      I think this is all speculation so here is a bit more.

If Torres is going to leave where will he go?

Italy - they don't have the money.

Barcelona - Just bought Villa and are skint.

Real Madrid - No way Jose

Chelsea - Will they pay the asking price for an injured player and will Nando play for another premier League club?

Man City - Ditto.

I don't think he is going anywhere but if he has a good start to the season and Liverpool do not put in the investment and/or are top of the Premiership at Christmas then look out in January.

Mancini has publicly shown his interest in him
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,492 posts | 8676 
      Reply #80: Jul 26, 2010 03:41:09 pm

Yeah but he's a sh*t manager in charge of a sh*t club, who just happen to be mega-rich.

They'll still win F**k-all!
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,289 posts | 937 
      Reply #81: Jul 27, 2010 12:13:52 am
      Yeah but he's a sh*t manager in charge of a sh*t club, who just happen to be mega-rich.

They'll still win f**k-all!
      But if he signs players like Torres then they will start winning things
      miguelred
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts |
      Reply #82: Jul 27, 2010 01:15:41 am
      Cheski needs a striker who can play the drogba roll. The diver is getting old.
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #83: Jul 27, 2010 01:37:12 am
      Back on topic mates,Fernando is repeating what Rafa and Pepe have done in the past.Reflect the views of the fans against our corrupt ownership.They as true Spaniards,empathise with our club,and our history.None of them wan't to leave our club,but will not tolerate the sh*te that is within.So if you want all our Spanish speaking contingent to remain,then all of the board need to be removed,as well as the owners otherwise,hasta la vista.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,008 posts | 209 
      • do do do
      Reply #84: Jul 27, 2010 02:11:04 am

I do not believe Fernando is going to leave but I do not believe we will win the title with the Yanks at the club

I don't think our top quality players want to win the league with them still around. I know that sounds a little overboard but those guys are more passionate about Liverpool than us, they are the ones wearing the shirts and they don't like what's going on any more than we do. I just wonder if they want the glory of the title coming to us where all the revenue for all the merch and everything will be coming to a Yank owned Pool.. Maybe I am looking into it and far too pessimistically . But they know a lot more about it. There will always be that disharmony and that knowledge in the back of their minds and only probably top top football this season consistently top four will erase the bas**rds from their minds as we gun for the title. that is hard to get and staying injury free is nearly impossible.

Let us hope that what we draw from Roy's words show that he is really bringing the group together and enforcing the importance of just looking after their football. Maybe Fernando does not need those four or five world class players if everybody stays and realises anything can happen, on or off field at any time.
      Ju
      • Forum David Johnson

• 220 posts |
      Reply #85: Jul 27, 2010 03:16:37 am
      definitely not roy's fault, whats he supposed to say yeah he's really happy at lfc after talking to Torres. Like everyones said its the owners thats the problem with Torres who can blame him!
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #86: Jul 27, 2010 10:50:18 am

Almost every manager with even a pipe-dream of having Torres at their club has bloody shown some interest in the lad.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #87: Jul 27, 2010 10:59:25 am
      He seems a bit ...nice,(for want of a better word) arl Roy does, to be a Liverpool manager. As someone has already mentioned. I wanna manager with a spine like all Red managers in the past. Oh an one that HATES (with a capital Ferguson) Manure,just like the rest of us.

Should have got Souness back to throw some cups around at half time then....or Paul Ince he was a hard nut on the field allegedly and now hates Ferguson so he would fit the bill....
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,666 posts | 3900 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #88: Jul 27, 2010 11:18:34 am
      Exactimo.

The journos love all of this dont they.
      I had to laugh. Ferrari get a slap on the wrist and a drop in the ocean fine  for a team order offence at the German grand prix. Nothing changes the placement though.
      Their position with the F1 governing body reminded me of the scum and Fergusons position with the FA.
      If it had been Mc Laren they would have been blitzed and stripped of their placings.
      If it had been Liverpool in a dispute we would have come off second best.

It also means we are kicking boys number one for the media.
      (Henry Winter of the Telegraph excluded)

I notice that Mancini is circling like a vulture holding in his hand a fistful of travellers cheque for 70 million.

and he is another one on my c*nt list.
      Hope the f...ing scarf chokes him.

Tom! Oi mate!
      Big Summer! Remember?

Love the comparison but if only we were the Mclaren of football right now.
      So is Red Bull the Man City of F1 then. ;)

I do get your point though...
      Like Ferrari the mancs are the darlings of the sport here and will always get away with more. Especially since SSN doesn't see back past the Premier League
      jamo174
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      Reply #89: Jul 27, 2010 03:27:59 pm
      getting a bit worried when bookies stopped taking bets on torres leaving. but the lad hasnt said he wants to leave, so we should all wait to see if that happens. sick of speculation.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #90: Jul 27, 2010 03:40:24 pm
      Tom! Oi mate!
      Big Summer! Remember?

It is a big summer, we just interpreted it wrong, we though it'd be players brought in, in fact it is H & G's Summer Sale - everything must go.....
      TheKopite*****
      • Forum Ian St John

• 433 posts |
      Reply #91: Jul 27, 2010 03:43:56 pm
      It's all a bunch of sh*te, Torres is away on holiday and will be back 2nd August, until then no-one knows anything. I for one believe he is staying, he had the LFC scarf on during the WC celebrations, to me that's a relatively clear sign of where his heart lies!
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,177 posts | 265 
      Reply #92: Jul 28, 2010 06:00:24 pm

Thank you, I too not clear understanding it.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,177 posts | 265 
      Reply #93: Jul 28, 2010 06:21:13 pm
      Your last sentence sums up the situation perfectly. Roy is in front of the press being expected to give answers when he doesn't have any. Why? Because he's not demanding them from Perslow.

I agree that this could be a clever rouse to buy him time until the new owners come in , but if it is I think it is the wrong game plan as it just makes him look weak.. I have to work with mancs and to see how the media are portraying Roy as a pathetic victim of circumstances beyond his control is embarrassing. And Roy is not helping himself.

Roy is my leader, and until he fucks up he has my 100% loyal support, but I think his dealings with the press are poor at best and damaging at worst. I first pointed this out when he made his subservient comments about Ferguson, and I expressed the hope he would change. So far he has not.

Totally agree with you mate, say nothing better than saying wrong.
      but imo, this proven that until LFC get new owner/management we cannot get a good manager because who a quality manager want to work under this situation ? And even someone want but the owner for sure don't want them (like King Kenny/Rafa).
      So Hodgson might try his gamble with hope new owner/management still give him a work, but I'm doubt it if he continue his job like this.
      I'm having more worry that some quality players like Gerrard ,Pepe and Torres for sure don't happy to work with manager who always make mistake where it's not necessary. 
      I hope Hodgson emphasis work on the pitch as it's his strength which is he proved a bit at Fulham.

Just my opinion and sorry for my poor English.
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #94: Jul 28, 2010 09:30:00 pm
      The whole of the back page of the Echo tonight is "Torres commits his future to the club" so go on mods lock this f***in stupid, if not ludicrous topic!  Lets have no more of this NOTW sh*te in the future!
      http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2010/07/28/i-m-staying-at-liverpool-fc-fernando-torres-tells-roy-hodgson-100252-26945213/

Quick Reply