Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 15th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P13 W6 D5 L2

Most despised player to ever wear the Liverpool shirt

Read 17947 times
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,616 posts | 1109 
      Re: Most despised player to ever wear the Liverpool shirt
      Reply #184: Aug 11, 2010 02:45:19 pm
      Absolutely agree with that, no wonder he was nicknamed Coco!!

;D....I had a few other names for him as well. I don't hate him either though. Wouldn't buy him a pint in the albert though!
      scouse_jatt
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 349 posts | 14 
      Reply #185: Aug 11, 2010 02:47:33 pm
      Well I do not despise him. I am just indifferent to him now. For me his career was over after he signed for them. He would have come back to us, but benitez preferred ngog and voronin.

What I do despise is that my mates 2 year old daughter has been diognosed with Leukemia and my mate in work is fighting cancer that has spread. This puts everything in perspective for me. Football lost its sense of reality along time ago.

Despise, hate?? Life is too short to carry rubbish like that around. I love the players at Liverpool Fc now. All other players are just that....other players!

When I say despise, I only mean it in football terms, I never mean it personally because at the end of the day it's football ffs.

If I saw Owen down the road I wouldn't say anything, I aint a bitter person but moving to Utd did hurt me and that's why I despise him in football terms. I struggle to appreciate his contribution to our history anymore. I'd never have him back at Liverpool now even if he was offered to us on a free because he's put that dirty Utd shirt on
      Don77

• 6,616 posts | 1109 
      Reply #186: Aug 11, 2010 02:54:42 pm
      When I say despise, I only mean it in football terms, I never mean it personally because at the end of the day it's football ffs.

If I saw Owen down the road I wouldn't say anything, I aint a bitter person but moving to Utd did hurt me and that's why I despise him in football terms. I struggle to appreciate his contribution to our history anymore. I'd never have him back at Liverpool now even if he was offered to us on a free because he's put that dirty Utd shirt on

Nope, I wouldn't have him back either mate. It hurt me too. I always wanted him to come back and that killed it. But at the end of the day, Michael Owen gave me alot of happy memories in a red shirt and that is what I will hold on to and how I will remember him. We had his best years. He have us 158 goals, the owen final, cardiff against the mancs and gave us something to be proud of. He has tainted that now and because of it he will not go down as a legend, like Stevie G, God, Rushie, kenny. But he was still a great player for us, a good rolemodel to the kids and carried himself the way a Liverpool player should do. So as I say, i dont hate him or admire him in football terms, but I respect what he did for us and I will never forget that. In football terms now? He is just a face in the crowd to me, like all players are if they do not play for the best club in the world.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,163 posts | 263 
      Reply #187: Aug 11, 2010 03:18:25 pm
      As much as I  do not like the path Michael Owen has taken in his career in the last 12 months I will always apreciate what he did for Liverpool. He carried us on his back for goals most of the time. Who knows where we would have been without those goals. His goals in his final season enabled us to scrape 4th place, qualify for the CL and we know what happened next. To class him with Diouf is nothing short of a disgrace.

When I think of Owen, I think of Cardiff against arsenal and the mancs. I think of the great goals he scored. I think of the way he conducted himself at the club, always a professional. I will always respect what he did for Liverpool.

It's great Don77 mate, it's same to what it my heart.
      And thanks for all information here about Michael Owen leaving Liverpool, I desperately want to know what's a true for long time due to MO is the player I love (until he signed for MUtd) after John Barnes.

For the topic, as I do not really hate any LFC player (I just really really hate one player ,DrOGba), I would say Diouf is a LFC player to be dislike.

Don77

• 6,616 posts | 1109 
      Reply #188: Aug 11, 2010 03:25:46 pm
      It's great Don77 mate, it's same to what it my heart.
      And thanks for all information here about Michael Owen leaving Liverpool, I desperately want to know what's a true for long time due to MO is the player I love (until he signed for MUtd) after John Barnes.

For the topic, as I do not really hate any LFC player (I just really really hate one player ,DrOGba), I would say Diouf is a LFC player to be dislike.

No worries mate. Michael was a great player for us and I will always appreciate what he did. I remember going to the match with my mate and his young son against newcastle and owen got bood. My mates little one was in tears as he idolised Michael, as all young kids did. Michael was an excellent rolemodel and ambassador for Liverpool Fc, unlike the likes of diouf and Riera. Digger was a great player too, alongside Beardsley and Aldo. We could have the modern day version now with Torres, Gerrard and Cole. With regard to Drogba, yep he has had me storming towards my tv on many an occasion with his antics. YNWA
      mingle
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #189: Aug 11, 2010 03:50:17 pm
      Obviously I didn't hate him when he played for us, but it's got to be Owen for me. I once loved him, and that just adds to the hate I have for him now.

Mine too... i wished him to beat and smash all records and to become a great... i can’t stand the little kn*b now and wish him nothing but to end his career with a whimper, false dawns of came backs and f*ck all else!
      RyanBabs

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      • London town is burning down
      Reply #190: Aug 11, 2010 09:13:12 pm
      Poulsen ;)

Quick Reply