Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 17th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W7 D4 L3

Paul Konchesky (Fulham)

Read 23924 times
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,621 posts | 1114 
      Re: Paul Konchesky (Fulham)
      Reply #184: Aug 29, 2010 11:08:12 am
      It's Paul f**king Konchesky!

Rafa was slaughtered for his sh*te signings but we all know Paul is sh*t and Roy is getting backed for this signing.

When he's playing I'll back him and hope he does well but boy it's hard to get excited. Or even happy enough to give any benefit of the doubt. We have 3 players here already better.

His birthday, Christmas and Easter hve all come at once.

Who are these 3 players? Agger and kelly are not left backs. Aurelio?? Will we get more than a dozen games out of him? Insua...just to up and down for me and I do not feel he is in the plans at the moment after pricing himself out of moves due to wage demands. Jack Robinson is too young at the moment.

Konchesky is not a world class player. Nobody is saying that he is. People need to get real. Funds are limited and we need a player in. Roy has gone with someone that he knows and trusts. Time will tell if it will work or not! But I am not going to just put the boot in before he has kicked a ball. He will get a chance just as Dossena did who cost twice as much!

Good luck Paul.

YNWA!
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #185: Aug 29, 2010 11:12:01 am
      Excellant post Crouch, just because we are signing Konchesky doesn't mean we all have to suddenly think he is a brilliant player.

We will support him but anyone that thinks he is anything thing but an extremely mediocre player hasn't watched him over the years. Would Konchesky get in any of the other top 6 teams, he would in his F**k.
      Don77

• 6,621 posts | 1114 
      Reply #186: Aug 29, 2010 11:20:08 am
      Excellant post Crouch, just because we are signing Konchesky doesn't mean we all have to suddenly think he is a brilliant player.

We will support him but anyone that thinks he is anything thing but an extremely mediocre player hasn't watched him over the years. Would Konchesky get in any of the other top 6 teams, he would in his f**k.

Well the teams you are talking about have the likes of Cashley Cole, Clichy, Evra, Korolov, Bridge, Gibbs and a certain Stephen Warnock ( can't remember who sold him on the cheap ) so those teams are not looking for a LB. If they were, they would be spending a fortune because they can. We cannot so we have to lower our sights. Get real some people!

Seems like people do not read posts so just to repeat what it says above ' Konchesky is not a world class player. Nobody is saying that he is' That means that Konchesky is not seen as a 'brilliant' player.

If he comes in and does a job until we have investment/more funds to buy a better player then fine. If he doesn't he will be sold on!
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #187: Aug 29, 2010 11:25:54 am
      We are Liverpool why exactly do I need to get real because I think Konchesky is an extremely mediocre player and wouldn't get in any of the other top 6 teams.

People are commenting on what they see as a lad coming in that is not of Liverpool standard there is obviously going to be negative comments.

The day that Liverpool fans are excited by the signing of players of the standard of Konchesky will be a sad day for the club. 

I also critised the signings of Keane Riera Dossena Voronin Degen and to be honest Aquilani on here and I got slated for them at the time as well I'd add Poulsen and Konchesky to that list that I think will flop at the club.
      Don77

• 6,621 posts | 1114 
      Reply #188: Aug 29, 2010 11:34:09 am
      We are Liverpool why exactly do I need to get real because I think Konchesky is an extremely mediocre player and wouldn't get in any of the other top 6 teams.

People are commenting on what they see as a lad coming in that is not of Liverpool standard there is obviously going to be negative comments.

The day that Liverpool fans are excited by the signing of players of the standard of Konchesky will be a sad day for the club. 

I also critised the signings of Keane Riera Dossena Voronin Degen and to be honest Aquilani on here and I got slated for them at the time as well I'd add Poulsen and Konchesky to that list that I think will flop at the club.

I agree lad in that I am not 'excited' by the signing of Konchesky either but as I say if he comes in a does a job then that will be good.

However, he is not an 'extreamly mediocre player' imo! I also do not feel that he will be a 'flop'.

I have no opinion of him as a Liverpool player yet and the same goes for Poulsen. I want to watch them play in our team over a good period of time before I jump to conclusions.

If you want to call him mediocre and say he will be a flop mate then more power to you. I choose to not be so hasty in drawing a conclusion and will give the lad a chance.

He is a Liverpool player now, a redman!! And with that he will have my support!

A 'brilliant' player - No. An 'exciting' signing - No! A Liverpool player - Yes(subject to medical). If he becomes one of us lets get behind him and give him a chance!

Not long till KO.....

YNWA!
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #189: Aug 29, 2010 11:40:51 am
      Mate your opinion of him as a player means nothing about what team he plays for that is unless you've never seen him play at all. Just because a player puts on a Liverpool jersey doesn't mean he becomes a better player.

You keep saying he is a Liverpool player and to support him but what has that got to do with his ability we are all Liverpool fans here and support anyone wearing a Liverpool jersey doesn't mean people are blind.

I'll stick to my opinion that he is an extremely mediocre player and fairly confident he won't be a success here like I said about all the players I listed.

I said the same about Keane on here and I was slated at the time for it must have got 20 something negs for it but I sticked to what I thought and I was right and I'm willing to bet I'll be right here as well.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #190: Aug 29, 2010 11:42:25 am
      I think he's an average player who would do no better than Martin Kelly in that position and the point for me is we could have had a better player for reportedly a fraction of the price in Salcido.

I can see both your points though Don and Corbally.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #191: Aug 29, 2010 11:53:33 am
      1. Aurelio
      2. Insua
      3. Kelly
      4. Agger

Then Konchesky. So sorry, it's 4 players then! He can provide some width, join in attacks and has a lovely left foot, but so does Aurelio.

I'd rather Milan at left back.

Paul Konchesky's highlights of his career involve Liverpool twice. First was his F***ing arsey goal he scored in the FA Cup final, and now signing for them. Can anyone else highlight the gulf in both these highlights? Seems Roy wasn't the only one to be elevated to some sort of superstar status when Rafa left. First Roy, then Poulsen, and now Paul F***ing Konchesky!! Not one would be considered for the club after our Champions League winning season, so why are they now? And it's cost about 25m in the process - from replacing Rafa, to getting Roy in and bringing along two sh*te players.

Sorry. Just pissed off with everything right now.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,457 posts | 2851 
      Reply #192: Aug 29, 2010 11:57:48 am
      'Optimistic', 'give him a chance' blah blah.

He's F***ing sh*te let's not kid ourselves.

Cannot actually believe Lauri is moving as part of this. Truly astonishing.
      Lethal Legacy
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 516 posts |
      Reply #193: Aug 29, 2010 11:58:27 am
      Look at Steve Finnan, Steve was just as good as Paul and Steve did play for portsmouth after us and played just as well as Paul did for Fulham, which Fulham are the Superior team in the recent years, and Steve Finnan was a great player for us.

Also guess where we bought Steve Finnan from ? ........Fulham for a fee of 3.5 million - cheaper than Konchesky (4 Million). Paul has never played with top class players has he? (I.e Gerrard, Torres etc.)..... He could completely transform into a Quality Footballer. Hes also got Tons of Expierience for the Premier League, Its the only League he knows, Only Type of Football he knows.

All im saying, He is a decent Player, And slating him is ridiculous.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #194: Aug 29, 2010 12:02:50 pm
      Are you mad lethal we bought Finnan for £4.5 million the season prior to buying him he was in the PFA Premiership team of the season at right back. He was after a brilliant world cup in which he was Irelands best player. He was 26 and was the best right back in the premiership it is an insult to compare Konchesky to him.
      Lethal Legacy
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 516 posts |
      Reply #195: Aug 29, 2010 12:05:08 pm
      Its not comparing its in the same situation.

And no, i am not Mad.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #196: Aug 29, 2010 12:08:54 pm
      It is not the same situation the only thing they have in common is they came from the same club. Finnan was the best right back in the Premiership I was delighted with his signing and he was 3 years younger than Konchesky.

Konchesky isn't in the top 10 left backs in the Premiership. What exactly is the same about them that baffling to say the least.

And making a comment that he could transform into a quality footballer you do realise he is 29 and not 19 do you.
      Lethal Legacy
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 516 posts |
      Reply #197: Aug 29, 2010 12:15:38 pm
      Yes, but he has never played with World Class players has he so There is still a chance of him improving, sorry used the wrong word with Transform.

29 couple of more years in him.

I'd say hes in the top 10 LEFT backs in the premiership. You might seem to think not.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #198: Aug 29, 2010 12:27:58 pm
      I don't think he is close here is my top 10

-Cole, Evra, Clichy, Gibbs, Kolarov, Bale, Warnock, Figuero, Bridge, Enrique, Salidio, Baines.

I've given 12 there is no way he is better than any of them If I asked you that before we were linked to him you'd proabably agree with me but you'll probably dispute it now.
      BigRed1978
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,874 posts | 51 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #199: Aug 29, 2010 12:32:28 pm
      He's only been signed as cover though and not first choice hasn't he?

Having said that, Poulsen waltzed straight into the starting XI...
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #200: Aug 29, 2010 12:32:59 pm
      We are Liverpool why exactly do I need to get real

Because you say some of us need to be more realistic with our expectations of this club. Surely you should practice what you preach?

Mate it is called realism you need a dose of that.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #201: Aug 29, 2010 12:34:28 pm
      Well I've just checked my japs eye to see if its weeping and its not, so this signing does not excite me at all. :D
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #202: Aug 29, 2010 12:35:44 pm
      Ya but I want us to compete for a top 4 place buying players like Konchesky won't help that, rather than taking a personal dig Eem would you dispute my list of left backs that are better.
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #203: Aug 29, 2010 12:39:54 pm
      Ya but I want us to compete for a top 4 place buying players like Konchesky won't help that, rather than taking a personal dig Eem would you dispute my list of left backs that are better.

Wasn't so much a dig, more of an enquiry. It's nothing personal, so don't take it as though it were :).

-Cole, Evra, Clichy, Gibbs, Kolarov, Bale, Warnock, Figuero, Bridge, Enrique, Salidio, Baines.

I completely agree with this list, barring Salcido. Although I don't rate Enrique or Baines much higher than Konchesky (They would also cost a lot more).

Out of that list the only ones we could possibly afford would be Figueroa, Salcido and Enrique. The only one that I rate higher than Konchesky there is Figueroa.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #204: Aug 29, 2010 12:42:34 pm
      4m would of bought two Carlos Salcido's.

5m would of bought Figueroa.

Roy has the option to buy a better player here, but he has chosen his bum chum player. Poulsen, now Konchesky. Two better players listed and for less/similar money.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #205: Aug 29, 2010 12:50:50 pm
      I actually think Enrique would have been a decent signing but as you said Eem Newcastle would probably have looked for a decent amount.

Agree with Crouch if Konchesky had played with another team rather than under Hodgson the last couple of seasons there is no way he would be targetting him.
      Don77

• 6,621 posts | 1114 
      Reply #206: Aug 29, 2010 12:51:05 pm
      Well Figueroa has played in a team that has shipped 10 goals in 2 home games and he looked absoulutely shocking! He was given 3 out of 10 by the guardian for his performance against Blackpool and not much better against the Chavs. Didn't think much of him last season either when they were shipping 8 and 9, so no thanks!

As for Salcido.....why is he better than Konchesky? Also, couldn't be doing with a season of it will take him a while to settle down.

So to conclude, from what was available the right choice has been made. And I thought Konchesky had a decent game against Utd the other day.

Quick Reply