Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

The Topic With No Real Subject

Read 890405 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Re: The Topic With No Real Subject
      Reply #15847: Oct 13, 2017 06:16:43 pm
      Hope you get well soon mate.

Don't cheer too much tomorrow when we smash the Mancs!

Nice one mate, definitely put a spring in my step when we batter them inbred.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #15848: Oct 14, 2017 10:38:28 pm
      Worryingly youtube homepage sent me to this live streaming of some zoomers insisting that the world is flat. What the F**k's this all about? Was in Inverness last week and there was a billboard just before the Kessock Bridge with graffiti sprayed telling passers by to 'Research the Earth is flat'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDEwlFEkM-k

Always thought Flat Earthers was just a joke term to throw at conspiracy nutjobs but clearly not. These guys are bringing it into the mainstream.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #15849: Mar 19, 2018 09:41:24 am
      So Facebook memories this morning decided to remind me that 9 years ago I recieved me trophy for winning the LFCReds quiz, which still takes pride and joy in me bedroom.

Big shout out to the Cobras to. Chats, Mags, CRK. What a wonderful team we had.

Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #15850: Mar 19, 2018 04:27:28 pm
      So Facebook memories this morning decided to remind me that 9 years ago I recieved me trophy for winning the LFCReds quiz, which still takes pride and joy in me bedroom.

Big shout out to the Cobras to. Chats, Mags, CRK. What a wonderful team we had.

F**k me 9 years!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #15851: Apr 10, 2018 04:44:54 pm
      Just driven up Woodend Ave, Speke, down Mackets Lane and through Gateacre to Broadgreen, on every road we had to avoid bomb craters that could have possibly damaged the suspension or exhaust pipes.
      The same situation applies wherever you go in Liverpool and makes a mockery of our
      bulbous Lord Mayor's plan to build a stadium for the club he supports.
      Joe Anderton wants to build everton's proposed new ground with rate-payers money.

Fix the F***ing roads tubby and F**k you and neverton.
      « Last Edit: Apr 10, 2018 04:55:07 pm by stuey »
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #15852: Apr 10, 2018 07:02:32 pm
      Just driven up Woodend Ave, Speke, down Mackets Lane and through Gateacre to Broadgreen, on every road we had to avoid bomb craters that could have possibly damaged the suspension or exhaust pipes.
      The same situation applies wherever you go in Liverpool and makes a mockery of our
      bulbous Lord Mayor's plan to build a stadium for the club he supports.
      Joe Anderton wants to build everton's proposed new ground with rate-payers money.

Fix the f**king roads tubby and f**k you and neverton.

Roads rounds Speke were brutal when we were down for Legends match mate.

For what it’s worth it’s similar up here......whatever they’re putting in the road surfacing just doesn’t stand up to snow.......

*edit - up here is actually Cornwall right now.......but I meant the People’s Republic of Scotlandia ;)
      « Last Edit: Apr 10, 2018 07:17:49 pm by Scotia »
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #15853: Apr 10, 2018 07:29:05 pm
      Roads rounds Speke were brutal when we were down for Legends match mate.

For what it’s worth it’s similar up here......whatever they’re putting in the road surfacing just doesn’t stand up to snow.......

It is unbelievable mate. The F***ing rates we pay and the clown we have runnving the city proposes a multi million project that only a minority support and the vital, day to day, essential jobs are a casualty. I wouldn't vote for the fraud again.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,479 posts | 342 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #15854: Jun 12, 2018 05:21:58 pm
      Black tie birthday party this month. Don't want to be boring and wear a tux like everyone else will, thinking of wearing a kilt, it does count as black tie in fairness?
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #15855: Jun 12, 2018 07:55:52 pm
      Black tie birthday party this month. Don't want to be boring and wear a tux like everyone else will, thinking of wearing a kilt, it does count as black tie in fairness?
      Defo
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,479 posts | 342 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #15856: Jun 12, 2018 08:16:07 pm

Yeah I think I will! Cheaper to hire than a tux too!
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #15857: Jun 12, 2018 09:50:41 pm
      Yeah I think I will! Cheaper to hire than a tux too!

Very forgiving too.......some of my family look like shaved monkeys in a suit.........but top notch in a kilt 👍
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,479 posts | 342 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #15858: Jun 12, 2018 10:04:22 pm
      Very forgiving too.......some of my family look like shaved monkeys in a suit.........but top notch in a kilt 👍

My main worry is taking away attention from the people the party is for because I'm being a little different. Be fine though! ;D
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #15859: Jun 14, 2018 09:09:41 pm
      I moved to London recently for a new job/fixed term job I started. First time I've ever worked outside of Scotland and for the first half of the first week I really felt like an alien. I've been to London before but never alone - you think you know it all from what is seen of the place on tv and all that you've seen of it in the flesh in past visits but you don't. It's far deeper and complex than those facades and because of that it's challenging. I have gradually settled down and am getting a bit more familiar with my work, colleagues and surrounding and I think I'll enjoy my time here - familiarity will breed enjoyment and relaxation within the place but it still wrestles with emotions at unexpected points.

The weird thing is, it wasn't long I was in London (less than a day) before I started pining for Glasgow, a place I've not lived in or visited for a year and a half and yet during this time I had no real desire to return there. It must be connected to resuming that city vibe but pining for an urban way of life (I'm rural northern Scottish guy) that I knew best (and trusted best) and in Glasgow that was definitely the place. I'm a terrible one for comparing and contrasting the now with the past, without giving the present a chance. My mind has a great ability to crystalise the past to perfection which never allows me to look at the present in a bright shining light by comparison and while that can be beautiful for divulging memories with it's intense focus of moments long gone it's terrible for getting yourself into a melancholic, depressive stupor that leads to saying about the present 'things aren't as good as they were'. Even if that is a load of bollocks (and it is) I realise it's a very powerful and influencing emotion/thought process and one that I can't allow to dictate my thoughts and feelings. I think that pensive mindset is a big part of my desire in wanting to go back to Glasgow ASAP - partly exaggerated  . Of course, I can always visit in the next few months and such a thought excites me a lot but I think in the long term I will look to use my experience in London to return to Glasgow as a far better and more experienced individual than when I last left. You can't turn your back on Glasgow!
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #15860: Sep 12, 2018 08:30:35 am
      Had a dream I was banned from here because I didn’t like the controversial new 3rd kit that used a different logo. Everyone said it was disrespectful to the club and I was banned for life. I then phoned JD who’s receptionist said he was too annoyed even to speak to me ever again!

Very weird!
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #15861: Oct 19, 2018 08:46:11 pm
      Me when I see an argument on here with more than 2 posts quoted:

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #15862: Oct 19, 2018 09:16:47 pm
      Had a dream I was banned from here because I didn’t like the controversial new 3rd kit that used a different logo. Everyone said it was disrespectful to the club and I was banned for life. I then phoned JD who’s receptionist said he was too annoyed even to speak to me ever again!

Very weird!

Just read this Mags.

Brilliant.  :D
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #15863: Oct 19, 2018 10:25:34 pm
      Evening dudes. You may have missed my acerbic wit over the past few weeks but 3 weeks ago my mum died. It was a sudden collapse kind of thing.

She was one of those 60 going on 40 kind of people and because it was so sudden it feels like losing someone in a  car accident or major incident. I almost feel jealous of people who get illnesses where they can say goodbye.

She was probably my best adult mate and if you came to any of of our forum charity nights you probably saw her. At her funeral the collection was for the same thing this forum raised money for -, Zoes Place Baby Hospice in Liverpool and we raised another £350. The crematorium was packed with her friends.

If your mum is still with you just remember this post. 👍
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #15864: Oct 19, 2018 10:38:46 pm
      Evening dudes. You may have missed my acerbic wit over the past few weeks but 3 weeks ago my mum died. It was a sudden collapse kind of thing.

She was one of those 60 going on 40 kind of people and because it was so sudden it feels like losing someone in a  car accident or major incident. I almost feel jealous of people who get illnesses where they can say goodbye.

She was probably my best adult mate and if you came to any of of our forum charity nights you probably saw her. At her funeral the collection was for the same thing this forum raised money for -, Zoes Place Baby Hospice in Liverpool and we raised another £350. The crematorium was packed with her friends.

Very sorry to hear mate, I can't imagine how you're feeling. Hope you'll start feeling better as time passes, wonderful working raising more money for a truly wonderful cause at Zoes Place. RIP to your Mum John, she certainly raised a good un' in yourself. I'll make sure to make a donation to the charity in her honour.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #15865: Oct 19, 2018 11:02:01 pm

Very sorry to hear that Jon and sorry for your loss.

Can't imagine my Mum not being here and it being sudden for you must have been very hard to take.

Hope you'll feel better with time.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #15866: Oct 20, 2018 09:44:25 am

Big love, brother!

Cant imagine how bad the last few months must've been. YNWA
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #15867: Oct 20, 2018 12:18:15 pm

Sorry for your loss mate. It’s incredibly difficult to process the loss of a parent.......because they’ve always been there. I spent a long time with a strange sense of detachment / disengagement for a while after my Dad especially. It was like I’d lost the anchor to my life and was just drifting.

It will get easier but don’t expect too much of yourself.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #15868: Oct 20, 2018 12:54:46 pm

Sorry for your loss JD, sounds a lot like my mom.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #15869: Oct 20, 2018 01:30:07 pm

So sorry to hear that mate, my mum passed away just over 2 years ago and it feels as raw as ever as she seemed indestructible and frankly i doubt i would still be around if it wasn't for her. Just try to remember the good times

Quick Reply