Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

The Topic With No Real Subject

Read 903234 times
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Re: The Topic With No Real Subject
      Reply #9430: Sep 12, 2010 04:06:47 am
      I think it's just you & me at this point, Dave. Is this what your nights are like on here?

Yup, thas the way it is. Th lonely life of the west coast forumite :D
      Brooklyn Red
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #9431: Sep 12, 2010 04:13:59 am
      Yup, thas the way it is. Th lonely life of the west coast forumite :D

Then I haven't missed much. :D ;)
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #9432: Sep 12, 2010 04:16:59 am

Deoends if me sitting in my briefs while typing away to myself constitutes as 'much' ;D
      Brooklyn Red

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #9433: Sep 12, 2010 04:19:43 am
      I think Laura will agree that you in your briefs is very little. :D

You watching the match tomorrow mornig?
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #9434: Sep 12, 2010 04:24:59 am
      I think Laura will agree that you in your briefs is very little. :D

You watching the match tomorrow mornig?

Harsh! :D

I'm gonna be up for it, and will hopefully find a stream. So yes, hopefully :D
      Brooklyn Red

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #9435: Sep 12, 2010 04:28:15 am
      Harsh! :D

I'm gonna be up for it, and will hopefully find a stream. So yes, hopefully :D

Jeez. I feel for you not having FSC. Do you get Verizon FIOS out there?
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #9436: Sep 12, 2010 04:33:51 am
      Jeez. I feel for you not having FSC. Do you get Verizon FIOS out there?

Whats tjat? Yeah, it sucks not having FSC. Only games ill see are the ones on ESPN. Thoughwe have Fox Sports northwest, which shows replays of games as well as live champions league (not that i care as much this season of course) but there is a replay of the Liverpool game on monday, i guess cos FSC is carryinf it. So i'll watch that, but ill still try to stream it as well.
      Brooklyn Red

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #9437: Sep 12, 2010 04:35:46 am
      Whats tjat? Yeah, it sucks not having FSC. Only games ill see are the ones on ESPN. Thoughwe have Fox Sports northwest, which shows replays of games as well as live champions league (not that I care as much this season of course) but there is a replay of the Liverpool game on monday, I guess cos FSC is carryinf it. So I'll watch that, but ill still try to stream it as well.

OK. Fair enough. At least you're getting more than the one game per week on tv.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #9438: Sep 12, 2010 04:39:31 am
      Yeah, i get my fix at least :D thank F**k for footytube.com as well, get all my highlghts.
      Brooklyn Red

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #9439: Sep 12, 2010 04:44:08 am
      Yeah, I get my fix at least :D thank f**k for footytube.com as well, get all my highlghts.

With the kid, wife, school and work I get a lot less time, so the ease of watching/recording matches  is ablessing. I'm glad I have the convenience of recording to my dvr.

Just switched over to Fulham-Wolves, 9 minutes in.

Edit: 0-1..no news there.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #9440: Sep 12, 2010 04:47:52 am
      DVR is pne of the greatest inventions eber, IMO. That and flushing toilets.

And beer of course.
      Brooklyn Red

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #9441: Sep 12, 2010 04:50:29 am
      beer RUN
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #9442: Sep 12, 2010 04:53:50 am
      Run eric ruuuun!

Dukes of Hazzard on tv. Th show, not movie. Funny as F**k :D
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #9443: Sep 12, 2010 06:51:05 am
      Okay i may jus rant slightly here, but ive had 10ish beers so bare with me.

F***ing get sick of people and religion sometimes, i swear. Thi forum , every time some discussion invilves anything with religion, it gets bogged down in a F***ing argumen and neds up locked, cos lets face it, if you believe in your religion enough to argue it, then you aint backing down. So the point is moot right ther.

Now i aint that religious. I basically say i believe to keep people happy, and although i like to believe in something more, im not sure. Im a cynical christian is how i put it. I like to think theres something out there, but i dont put my faith in it. Whta pisses me off about religion is people putting credit to whatever god they preach in for good things that happens. Now, i mean no offense to people that do. but when someone gets a job, or meets their dream guy/gal, if they are religious they more likly thn not say 'thank god!' and get all religious about it. For me, i hate that. Because many, many good people never get to meet their dream partnr, or get their dream job - regardless of them leading just as good of a life and being just as religious. Just after spending lots of time thinking about it, i think if god is indeed behind the good things - then hes not F***ing doing enough! And therefore what is the big deal about the F***ing guy?

I was watching something about 9/11 today and a woman who was in the building, met up with her fire-fighter husbn d after and she said that she said to him 'this was gods work, this was god giving us a chance, he was giving us a second chance at life' - and i felt gret for her. But i was also very angry, because almost 3,000 people died that day, most people who just as much deserved to live as any other. So sh is saying god gav her and her man a second chance, basicall (though i know she didnt mean it this way) sayin god chose them over almost 3,000 others. This is my main gripe in religion. people put so much faith in it, but blindly leave out the so many sh*t thigns that happen and if asked, its just part of 'gods plan' - no its not, its just F***ing luck and bad luck, IMO.

I apologise if anyine has read this and is angered. I mean no disrespect, but this is MY OPINION, which i am just as much entitled to as anyone is to practixe their religions. My sister is very religios, and my family decently as well as laura. So its not like i disrepstc the notion of religion - i just dont buy it.

Sorry, i ranted. but that woman on that prgram got me thinking again. And the beers.

My religion if any is Liverpool ;D
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,340 posts | 2838 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #9444: Sep 12, 2010 02:38:31 pm
      (Just woke up and saw I forgot to click "post" after typing the following message here, before going to sleep)

Too drunk to read such a big post about religion haha!

As for vegetarianism, I gotta be very honest here, it's not exactly a matter of choice in my case. My parents were vegetarian when I was born and only ceased to be when I was around 5 or 6. Then they tried to give me meat but I always refused. My mom says I used to complain that the food was rotten and that I couldnt eat it if she put meat somewhere, even trying to hide it with beans or anything else. My organism never accepted it. I don't know exactly why I have always been that way (my brother is 2 years older and started to eat meat as soon as my parents left vegetarianism), but I never liked meat, and never ever ate any animals (cows, chickens, fish, nothing!) in a regular basis - only when people tried to convince me to. My brother eats meat now (althought not as much as the 'regular' people I think) and also do my parents, so I'm the only vegetarian in the family.

As I said, it was not exactly my choice at first. But I can't deny it is satisfying. Being a vegetarian is something I actually like and I'm pretty sure I'll always be, cause it's not a privation to me, I don't miss meat. I'm not a radical though, and I understand the point that eating meat is a natural thing, even though, as most vegetarians would argue, we've reached a point in which we're no longer dependant of that to survive. I don't try to convince anyone to become vegetarian though, and rarely get into an argument about that, but as you guys said, there's some sick stuff being done to animals and all I can say is that my conscience is clear and I'm happy with it.
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #9445: Sep 12, 2010 02:52:03 pm
      I understand the point that eating meat is a natural thing, even though, as most vegetarians would argue, we've reached a point in which we're no longer dependant of that to survive.

No, we don't need meat to survive, however, our health is linked to meat eating.  Our bodies are designed for a paleolithic hunter gatherer environment, we are evolved to eat meat and veg/fruit.  Many of the diseases and health issues people have are due to a poor or unsuitable diet.  Meat and fish are important dietary needs.  I say this as a former veggie of nearly 20 years.  The biggest problems are bread and sugar though, if people want to use the "natural" argument in favour of eating meat, tell them they shouldn't be eating bread or cakes cos they don't exactly grow on trees ;)

there's some sick stuff being done to animals and all I can say is that my conscience is clear and I'm happy with it.

Indeed there is, which is why people should buy organic / free range wherever possible.
      Brooklyn Red

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #9446: Sep 12, 2010 06:32:42 pm
      SOS - Send more beer. Only one left and a full day of NFL ahead of me. Shockingly bad planning on my part. I'm having a Roy moment. Sorry..don't (want to) mean it.
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #9447: Sep 12, 2010 06:41:01 pm
      SOS - Send more beer. Only one left and a full day of NFL ahead of me. Shockingly bad planning on my part. I'm having a Roy moment. Sorry..don't (want to) mean it.
      Plenty here Eric, got four slabs of bow left.
      Brooklyn Red

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #9448: Sep 12, 2010 06:44:09 pm
      Plenty here Eric, got four slabs of bow left.

How much is a slab, Gareth? On a happy note, the wife is onto the situation and taking care of it. Crisis averted.
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #9449: Sep 12, 2010 07:01:23 pm
      How much is a slab, Gareth? On a happy note, the wife is onto the situation and taking care of it. Crisis averted.
      A slab is a twentyfour pack of cans mate, they were on offer at £10 per slab. Glad your wife is sorting your crisis.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #9450: Sep 12, 2010 07:02:37 pm

Good woman she is!

I'm having my first of the day, coincidentally. Enjoying this game much more than the last.
      Brooklyn Red

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #9451: Sep 12, 2010 07:03:16 pm
      A slab is a twentyfour pack of cans mate, they were on offer at £10 per slab. Glad your wife is sorting your crisis.

Nice! A case, in my speak.
      Enjoying this game much more than the last.

No one asked you! :D
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #9452: Sep 12, 2010 07:06:09 pm
      You asked with your eyes Eric, you asked with your eyes.

:D

Quick Reply