Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Is Roy the Right Man for Liverpool FC? (added 9 September 2010)

Yes
      (7.3%)
      No
      (80.2%)
      Undecided
      (12.5%)

Is Roy The Right Man? (Vote)

Read 514628 times
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Re: Is Roy The Right Man? (Vote)
      Reply #7061: Dec 13, 2010 03:38:55 pm
      Oh jesus some people on this are deluded!!!
      Rafa came 7th last season???
      Are you actually serious!!!
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #7062: Dec 13, 2010 03:41:26 pm
      So you think if we get a top manager in the summer, we have a title winning squad!!
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #7063: Dec 13, 2010 03:44:19 pm
      It may be time to move on; now that we've all agreed, irrespective of who managed us previously, that Hodgson is not right for Liverpool.

Hankering after Benitez won't change that fact. Similarly pointing out Benitez's failings, at every given opportunity, doesn't really detract from Hodgson being a bad fit.

Play it through in your own mind; Hodgson's wrong in so many ways and it's only a WUM that pretends otherwise. Word of caution tho'; experience tells us that WUMs will move the goal-posts.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #7064: Dec 13, 2010 03:45:41 pm
      Haha so you think Rafa or another manager would have us winning the league and stopping them?

Does that make Roy the right man?

What difference does that make to Roy being the right man PG?
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Reply #7065: Dec 13, 2010 03:46:48 pm
      So you think if we get a top manager in the summer, we have a title winning squad!!

With the correct backing in the market why not? We alsmost had it in 08/09.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #7066: Dec 13, 2010 03:49:34 pm
      With the correct backing in the market why not? We alsmost had it in 08/09.
      Exactly but we need to spend. There is no way our current team could win a league!!!
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,224 posts | 1648 
      Reply #7067: Dec 13, 2010 03:50:48 pm
      Haha so you think Rafa or another manager would have us winning the league and stopping them?
      Give it a rest PGlynn, that is such a WUMish comment. I honestly don't think anyone on here believes Rafa would of won the league this season, but he certainly wouldn't be coming out with statements such as 'we want to be in the top half'.

People are allowed to want Roy out, you know. Not to be proved right about Rafa or any of that bollocks, but because Roy quite simply, is sh*te.

Have Bolton, Blackpool, Newcastle, Sunderland, West Brom got a better squad than us, man for man? No they F***ing don't but they are either ahead of us in the league, or level on points.

So don't start talking bollocks at people for wanting Roy out, claiming that Rafa wouldn't of done a better job, because Rafa right now is irrelevant. We replaced him because he failed to get us in the top 4, now we are aiming for top half? Great logic that.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #7068: Dec 13, 2010 03:58:26 pm
      Give it a rest PGlynn, that is such a WUMish comment. ...

People are allowed to want Roy out, you know. Not to be proved right about Rafa or any of that bollocks, but because Roy quite simply, is sh*te. ....

So don't start talking bollocks at people for wanting Roy out, claiming that Rafa wouldn't of done a better job, because Rafa right now is irrelevant.

Well in RW. ...the first refuge and only 'weapon' of a WUM that.  >:D
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #7069: Dec 13, 2010 04:01:01 pm
      Give it a rest PGlynn, that is such a WUMish comment. I honestly don't think anyone on here believes Rafa would of won the league this season, but he certainly wouldn't be coming out with statements such as 'we want to be in the top half'.

People are allowed to want Roy out, you know. Not to be proved right about Rafa or any of that bollocks, but because Roy quite simply, is sh*te.

Have Bolton, Blackpool, Newcastle, Sunderland, West Brom got a better squad than us, man for man? No they f**king don't but they are either ahead of us in the league, or level on points.

So don't start talking bollocks at people for wanting Roy out, claiming that Rafa wouldn't of done a better job, because Rafa right now is irrelevant. We replaced him because he failed to get us in the top 4, now we are aiming for top half? Great logic that.
      Hey I was simply saying we are nowhere near winning a league!
      I was not dissing Rafa or defending Roy..
      I saw a comment which was ridiculous!
      I want Roy out as much as anyone but I dont say silly things like he is helping United to their 19th.
      Roy or any other manager cant stop them if they do because we are not in a title race and no manager in charge would have us in one..
      The poor job Roy is doing is not having us close enough to 4th.
      MiciG91
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,664 posts | 38 
      Reply #7070: Dec 13, 2010 04:01:51 pm
      Some people here really love their red tinted glasses.
      How would you expect benitez to win the league with the squad we have this year ??
      Skrtel cant defend,Carragher shouldn't be playing week in week out,Agger can't stay fit,Glen Johnson who Rafa paid 17M for can't defend. So thats our defence line !

Then we have Kuyt,Maxi,and Babel who are about as consistent as a very very very inconsistent goat.
      Upfront N'gog isn't able to cover for Torres on his own,and this season Torres couldn't hit a barn door.

What would the magical Rafa have done ?
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #7071: Dec 13, 2010 04:06:02 pm
      Do you know what guys, I would love – in fact, I would pay just to have a conversation with Roy.

I wouldn’t be argumentative, I wouldn’t be disrespectful, I would treat the man the same way I would treat any other professional who has dedicated his life to a certain profession.

I would ask him 1 thing and I’d hope for an honest answer.

“Please tell me Roy, what do you think you have done since your tenure at Liverpool FC, that allows you to still be in a job, when the likes of Mark Hughes, Chris Houghton etc have been dismissed for far less drops in form? 
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #7072: Dec 13, 2010 04:29:16 pm
      Roy's Newcastle tactics apparently leaked. Photo on the link below.

http://www.empireofthekop.com/anfield/?p=25816&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #7073: Dec 13, 2010 04:44:29 pm
      What would the magical Rafa have done ?

Does it matter? Is Roy the right man now?
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #7074: Dec 13, 2010 04:52:13 pm
      No but MiciG is right.
      Everyone keeps bringing up Rafa!!!
      MiciG91
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,664 posts | 38 
      Reply #7075: Dec 13, 2010 04:52:18 pm
      It does kind off because i'm responding to the question would Rafa have won the league !
      I was a huge Rafa fan and as upset as anyone else but to think he could win the league with the resources available is delusional and borderline clueless !
      LFCkl
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 365 posts |
      Reply #7076: Dec 13, 2010 05:00:57 pm
      SACK HIM. End of.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #7077: Dec 13, 2010 05:11:55 pm
      No but MiciG is right.
      Everyone keeps bringing up Rafa!!!

Does that mean you need to reference him PG?

Seriously; does pointing out Benitez 'failings' really make Roy's 'failings' more palatable? I can't see how it should but it does seem to be a constant theme from erstwhile defenders of Roy.

It always reads like one last desperate attempt to save face, i'm afraid.

Listen; none of us were to know who would replace Benitez (when some of "us" signed up to the notion that we'd be better off without him) - so no-one should feel any guilt at being lumbered with Hodgson.

Irrespective of whether or not "we" like Benitez, we should be able to let go and just accept that Hodgson's wrong.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #7078: Dec 13, 2010 05:20:10 pm
      Yeah, maybe we should just stick to the tried and tested excuses, like ...... it took Ferguson 7 years
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #7079: Dec 13, 2010 05:23:51 pm
      Does that mean you need to reference him PG?

Seriously; does pointing out Benitez 'failings' really make Roy's 'failings' more palatable? I can't see how it should but it does seem to be a constant theme from erstwhile defenders of Roy.

It always reads like one last desperate attempt to save face, I'm afraid.

Listen; none of us were to know who would replace Benitez (when some of "us" signed up to the notion that we'd be better off without him) - so no-one should feel any guilt at being lumbered with Hodgson.

Irrespective of whether or not "we" like Benitez, we should be able to let go and just accept that Hodgson's wrong.

I agree. Rafa is gone and we should just look at the mistakes the current manager is making.

And we need him out. I keep hoping it will happen but i just get the feeling we will see him at the start of next season and then he will eventually get sacked.

The new manager will then be left with Roys sh*t signings this summer and lying 10th after 15games so we might have to wait another two seasons to see a new manager and progress.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Reply #7080: Dec 13, 2010 05:24:01 pm
      Yeah, maybe we should just stick to the tried and tested excuses, like ...... it took Ferguson 7 years

Do you think we should afford roy that much time?
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #7081: Dec 13, 2010 05:25:50 pm
      What age is Roy?

He will be in his old folks home by then telling stories of his "famous" win in Trabanzapor and of his 35 years "experience" in football management.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Reply #7082: Dec 13, 2010 05:28:52 pm
      What purpose does he serve for us at the moment then?.

If NESV/UKSV are here for the long haul the surely they have to look at alternatives to roy?No.

So why delay the inevitable.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #7083: Dec 13, 2010 05:35:25 pm

Nah not seven years Shabs; it's a WUM on the wind up again mate - three games may suffice. See...

I would give him the next 3 games to turn things around

Quick Reply