Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 7th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P19 W7 D7 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Vote for your man of the match

Pepe Reina
      (6.3%)
      Sotis Kyrgiakos
      (43%)
      Jamie Carragher
      (2.5%)
      Martin Kelly
      (6.3%)
      Ryan Babel
      (8.9%)
      Joe Cole
      (7.6%)
      Milan Jovanovich
      (25.3%)

Liverpool 1-0 Trabzonspor: In-game and post match moan

Read 43018 times
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Re: Liverpool 1:0 Trabzonspor Live and post match moan..
      Reply #414: Aug 19, 2010 09:50:40 pm
      torres will score only ten goals same for rooney he has lost his confidence. cole seems to be a waste his record is awfull. who will take penalties other than gerrad.
      F**k off WUM.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,624 posts | 3854 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #415: Aug 19, 2010 09:53:31 pm
      We could have had a hatful tonight. Bad ref. Never let advantage play for us and blew for a foul that never happened. Team didnt gel very well in the first half and the midfield in particular neverlooked up for the pass until they received the ball. Much improved second half but we have made this hard for ourselves.
      Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,585 posts | 62 
      • At the end of the storm- Is a golden sky....
      Reply #416: Aug 19, 2010 09:55:07 pm
      When do we not make it hard for ourselves?

I have every faith in our redmen- on to the second leg!
      LFCBAFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,539 posts | 30 
      • Scousers rule the country!
      Reply #417: Aug 19, 2010 09:56:10 pm
      We could of won  3 or 4 nil, but I still reckon we will beat them at there place.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #418: Aug 19, 2010 09:56:18 pm
      I have much more faith this season going away than last season that's for sure.
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #419: Aug 19, 2010 09:56:49 pm
      All this hallbaloo about Hodgson, never liked the man never liked his teams and already you can see a creeping hodgson team coming long ball and get it anywhere out the six yrd box, I'll give him a season. I want Hodgson to prove me wrong I want the team to turn into a team and I want us the start winning regularly, but please Roy get the ball down and pass it through teams and not over them.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #420: Aug 19, 2010 09:57:02 pm
      Dunno know with Hodgson away record ;)
      StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #421: Aug 19, 2010 09:58:21 pm
      Post match analysis from myself:

Babel is still sh*t, Torres still looks off the pace. Poulsen looks decent, Aurelio and Maxi were good. Carra and Sotis were rocks, Kelly and Cole were consistently our top performers. Jova is a nutter. Wanted to see Pacheco, which didn't happen. How many subs did we make?
      leeboy30
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,409 posts | 64 
      Reply #422: Aug 19, 2010 09:59:34 pm
      Lessons learned from this game and conclusions so far:

1. Babel lacks all the build up play and aerial ability of a lone striker but hes a quality finisher.. A mixture of Ngog and Babel would be ideal but for now gonna have to use the strengths of both accordingly

2. Jovanovic is defo an upgrade on Riera on the left

3. Aurelio wasnt resigned by Benitez for a reason.. he looks sluggish old and off the pace really hope he gets back to form of old could really do with one just proper LB

4. Seen nothing in Lucas or Poulsens play to suggest they should start ahead of Aqua in an attacking midfield role

5. Cole is no replacement for Gerrard behind Nando.. basically hes overrated just english but for me hes not of the quality of even a modric type.. he was free tho and worthy additon to the squad

6.Kyrgiakos is seriously underrated gives us some metal in the side and great aerial defence

7. Surely we should have seen Pacheco in a game like this?? Jovanovic was knackered after 60 mins should have given dani a run or loan him out but dont bench him all year

8.Poulsen and Lucas will NEVER work as a midfield pairing just both too limited dont wana see this lineup again not sure which one is more limited

9. Neither Lucas or Poulsen are a serious replacement for monster masch both are just squad players for me

10. 4-4-2.. is it really so uncool to try 2 decent strikers together instead of people just playing off a lone striker worth a try no??
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #423: Aug 19, 2010 10:00:20 pm
      Just looked like a team that hadn't played together before, and that was literally the case.  Hopefully Roy has learnt not to play Lucas and Poulsen together again because that was the slowest, most pedestrian, negative centre midfield partnership I have ever seen!

Not a great game but I'd expect all the big guns to play second leg and do the job.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Re: Liverpool 1-0 Trabzonspor: In-game and post match moan
      Reply #424: Aug 19, 2010 10:05:04 pm
      Lessons learned from this game and conclusions so far:

1. Babel lacks all the build up play and aerial ability of a lone striker but hes a quality finisher.. A mixture of Ngog and Babel would be ideal but for now gonna have to use the strengths of both accordingly

2. Jovanovic is defo an upgrade on Riera on the left

3. Aurelio wasnt resigned by Benitez for a reason.. he looks sluggish old and off the pace really hope he gets back to form of old could really do with one just proper LB

4. Seen nothing in Lucas or Poulsens play to suggest they should start ahead of Aqua in an attacking midfield role

5. Cole is no replacement for Gerrard behind Nando.. basically hes overrated just english but for me hes not of the quality of even a modric type.. he was free tho and worthy additon to the squad

6.Kyrgiakos is seriously underrated gives us some metal in the side and great aerial defence

7. Surely we should have seen Pacheco in a game like this?? Jovanovic was knackered after 60 mins should have given dani a run or loan him out but dont bench him all year

8.Poulsen and Lucas will NEVER work as a midfield pairing just both too limited dont wana see this lineup again not sure which one is more limited

9. Neither Lucas or Poulsen are a serious replacement for monster masch both are just squad players for me

10. 4-4-2.. is it really so uncool to try 2 decent strikers together instead of people just playing off a lone striker worth a try no??

What? Poulsen and Lucas as attacking midfielders? N'Gog and Babel together? Cole overrated? I'm sorry but I'd rather see Gerrard play deeper behind Cole with Cole behind Torres. That brings out the best in all of them.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,958 posts | 5013 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #425: Aug 19, 2010 10:16:55 pm
      Cant believe posters are having a go at Poulsen and how we would have been better with Masc or Aqua, have i missed something here, was'nt it Poulsens debut, i'm sure it was only the first time he has played this season, and i'm sure with Babel up front looking like a fish out of water until his goal, yes we were off pace first half, but there was another 9 outfield players there aswell, we were slow, lacked pace, cohesion, passed irratically, Cole playing too deep, Trabzonspor played in and around us and were a tad better IMO, second half was much better, we upped the pace and immediately Torres almost made a impact, again Roy was influential at half time by switching Babel with Torres, Lucas moving forward to link up with cole(occasionaly), Jova had a good game and was unlucky with his effort on goal, Kelly again was impressive, Joe's pen was woeful, Douglas Bader could have hit it better, we should have had at least 3 but for a sh*t ref who obviously was awarded a new whistle especially for this match, Aurelio was sluggish and Maxi was ok without being commanding, Overall we just about deserved the win but will need to have the usual suspects back in the second leg if we are to progress.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #426: Aug 19, 2010 10:23:57 pm
      Just looked like a team that hadn't played together before, and that was literally the case.  Hopefully Roy has learnt not to play Lucas and Poulsen together again because that was the slowest, most pedestrian, negative centre midfield partnership I have ever seen!

Not a great game but I'd expect all the big guns to play second leg I DO SO and do the job.
      Totally agree on this about the big guns seeing us through But I'm a bugger for stats and history, they won the first leg at home 1-0 and lost 3-0 in the return, GOD I hope history don't repeat itself !
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #427: Aug 19, 2010 10:29:26 pm
      Totally agree on this about the big guns seeing us through But I'm a bugger for stats and history, they won the first leg at home 1-0 and lost 3-0 in the return, GOD I hope history don't repeat itself !

Yeahhh but they are sh*te and we are Liverpool
      Claret-Blue-TS-1967
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 25 posts |
      Reply #428: Aug 19, 2010 10:33:03 pm
      hi lfc fans. it was a good match we re lil bit lucky and u got missing players. lfc could score more goals though but I d told u after drawin that we re not cokies and we aint besiktas. and maybe now ur ideas lil bit ve changed about TS. 2. match will be more hard for both teams,
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #429: Aug 19, 2010 10:36:35 pm
      Yeahhh but they are sh*te and we are Liverpool
      Now thats a stat and History !
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #430: Aug 19, 2010 10:37:36 pm
      If we go out in a Europa League QUALIFIER it will be a major disappointment for LFC. Not so bad for Trabzonspor.

The best team will win, ie. Liverpool
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #431: Aug 19, 2010 10:38:05 pm
      People calling for Aquilani to have started today need to understand that was never ever going to happen considering Cole's suspension for the Premiership. I think it's clear Woy wants to play him next Monday, and as such rested him tonight.
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #432: Aug 19, 2010 10:40:49 pm
      I think it's clear Woy wants to play him next Monday, and as such rested him tonight.
      Dont agree mate if he plans on playing him Monday he at least needed 30 minutes. He lacks match fitness, needed to play a small part at least tonight IMO
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,624 posts | 3854 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #433: Aug 19, 2010 10:56:25 pm
      Did we only bring on Ngog and Torres tonight. Thought Jovanovic could have made way with twenty minutes to go
      HampshireRed
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 702 posts |
      • If I'm not back in 15 minutes.....wait longer
      Reply #434: Aug 19, 2010 10:57:14 pm
      Bit of a damp squib but a win is a win. I'll take 1-0 over 2-1 which it could have been not withstanding the penalty
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,958 posts | 5013 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #435: Aug 19, 2010 10:59:06 pm
      hi lfc fans. it was a good match we re lil bit lucky and u got missing players. lfc could score more goals though but I d told u after drawin that we re not cokies and we aint besiktas. and maybe now ur ideas lil bit ve changed about TS. 2. match will be more hard for both teams,

Your team were better than i thought they would be to be honest, but as you say we were understrength, No doubt this will be very difficult at your place but we will be stronger and will get through, " You'll nver walk alone"
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,624 posts | 3854 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #436: Aug 19, 2010 11:07:13 pm
      We had six players start that would not currently be in the first eleven for me. Hopefully it helps get the result we need against Man Citeh. Just an observation but what player was sat behind Torres on the bench with their right hand in a cast

Quick Reply