Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 10th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P17 W10 D3 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Is Aquilani moving on a good decision?

Yes
      78 (17.9%)
      No
      357 (82.1%)

Total Members Voted: 430

The Aquilani Headache

Read 216126 times
      rocky299
      • Forum David Johnson

• 225 posts |
      Re: The Aquilani Headache
      Reply #3473: Jun 09, 2011 07:58:33 pm
      Yeah, he's a very talented player, but kind of the opposite of Lavezzi.  He is a very skillful individual, but not much of a team player.  I much prefer players like Suarez/Lavezzi who work their socks off to put defenders under pressure and defend from the front, make runs off the ball to create space for teammates, and generally work for the benefit of the team.  Quagliarella seems to be more concerned with his own stats than the achievements of the team.
      Ye but sometimes you need someone who can just produce abit of majic when nothing seems to be going for you during a match and quagliaerra has defo got that in his locker? Would love lavezzi reminds me of tevez both arge's and there workrate on and off the ball is phenominal.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #3474: Jun 09, 2011 08:06:06 pm
      ye sorry its my new laptop which I won at work for having the highest I.Q.
      Good man Rocky! See if you can use some of that intelligence to figure this out!!
      rocky299
      • Forum David Johnson

• 225 posts |
      Reply #3475: Jun 09, 2011 08:10:14 pm
      Good man Rocky! See if you can use some of that intelligence to figure this out!!

[/quoteIIs it a picture of your missus a WILDERBEAST?
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #3476: Jun 09, 2011 08:12:52 pm

[/quoteIIs it a picture of your missus a WILDERBEAST?
      by any chance do you mean WILDEBEEST  :f_whistle:
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #3477: Jun 09, 2011 08:15:34 pm
      Sorry Rocky! The correct answer was a Rabbit, but good try though! :gt-happyup:
      rocky299
      • Forum David Johnson

• 225 posts |
      Reply #3478: Jun 09, 2011 08:20:15 pm
      by any chance do you mean WILDEBEEST  :f_whistle:
      by any chance do you mean WILDEBEEST  :f_whistle:
        You see even the  cleverest people in the world make mistakes sometimes?
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #3479: Jun 09, 2011 08:23:07 pm
        You see even the  cleverest people in the world make mistakes sometimes?
      ;)
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #3480: Jun 09, 2011 08:57:09 pm
      Sorry Rocky! The correct answer was a Rabbit, but good try though! :gt-happyup:

with ears that size I reckon it's a hare!
      jococ2009
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 50 posts |
      Reply #3481: Jun 09, 2011 09:06:12 pm
      the longer he stays the more likely he stays with us as juventus seem to be losing interest and no firm interest from anyone else. we can definetly use him in midfield , hope he stays tbh
      harrydunn08

• 5,924 posts | 966 
      Reply #3482: Jun 09, 2011 09:36:16 pm
      I've been keen on keeping him this whole time, but now that Hendo has arrived, it doesn't bother me if he is sold.  If we keep him, then Shelvey should probably be sent out on loan because I can't see him getting many minutes ahead of Raul, Aqua, Stevie, Lucas, and Hendo. 

If we can find a buyer for AA that will give us what he is worth (at least 14 million in my opinion) then I'd be fine moving him on and spending that money on a winger, striker, LB or CB.  We are covered at CM but still require better options in other areas.
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #3483: Jun 09, 2011 10:17:53 pm
      ye sorry its my new laptop which I won at work for having the highest I.Q.

Post of the year contender there ;D

:lmao:
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #3484: Jun 09, 2011 10:25:10 pm
      Rockstar wants someone who can create a bit of magic in the box.

Lets get David Blaine scouted. ;D
      rocky299
      • Forum David Johnson

• 225 posts |
      Reply #3485: Jun 09, 2011 10:32:43 pm
      im telling you all know if we sell aqua we will not make the top 4. You can hate me and think im a prat. But aqua is the linch pin to our success. Hendo and shelvey are good young prospects and will come good im sure. But aqua is on a different planet to those 2 im afraid. 
      rocky299
      • Forum David Johnson

• 225 posts |
      Reply #3486: Jun 09, 2011 10:36:59 pm
      Rockstar wants someone who can create a bit of magic in the box.

Lets get David Blaine scouted. ;D
       Did you ever play that game at school follow the leader? Cos thats what your doing with me. Stop it your embarassing me?
      sirignano
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 307 posts |
      Reply #3487: Jun 09, 2011 10:37:09 pm
      what did he do when he came here? not a lot. if kenny wants him back kenny will bring him back.
      rocky299
      • Forum David Johnson

• 225 posts |
      Reply #3488: Jun 09, 2011 10:44:03 pm
      what did he do when he came here? not a lot. if kenny wants him back kenny will bring him back.
      nothing poulsen and joe cole were loads better wasnt they?

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #3489: Jun 09, 2011 10:44:18 pm
      But aqua is the linch pin to our success.

I rate Aqua highly too, and I would love him back here. If his head is in it of course.

But that comment, it's a bit silly really. Yes he was a good player for us when he eventually did play for us but so say that he was the linch pin to our success is just weird. We didn't have any success while he was with us? Like we didn't become a worse team without him after the whole season. Although you could say we were a sh*te team without him under Hodgson.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,333 posts | 8607 
      Reply #3490: Jun 09, 2011 10:51:43 pm
      im telling you all know if we sell aqua we will not make the top 4. You can hate me and think im a prat. But aqua is the linch pin to our success.

Now if you were talking about Xabi, I'd agree with you 100%.

But you're not, so it's bollocks.

nothing poulsen and joe cole were loads better wasnt they?

Joe was already at the club before Alberto left for Juve and Poulsen was bought as a very bad replacement for Mascherano.

Still don't see the point you're making.

I suppose if we're able to afford to throw a bid at Aguero and gazump Juve, then they'll have the funds to buy Alberto and everyone will be a  winner!

rocky299
      • Forum David Johnson

• 225 posts |
      Reply #3491: Jun 09, 2011 10:56:06 pm
      I rate Aqua highly too, and I would love him back here. If his head is in it of course.

But that comment, it's a bit silly really. Yes he was a good player for us when he eventually did play for us but so say that he was the linch pin to our success is just weird. We didn't have any success while he was with us? Like we didn't become a worse team without him after the whole season. Although you could say we were a sh*te team without him under Hodgson.
      i meant next season u wally. You can have mata on the wing suarez up top who do you think them 2 players would have more joy with aqua or hendo or shelvey. Aqua has a quick brain like me thats the difference.

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #3492: Jun 09, 2011 11:07:37 pm
      i meant next season u wally. You can have mata on the wing suarez up top who do you think them 2 players would have more joy with aqua or hendo or shelvey. Aqua has a quick brain like me thats the difference.

You should have said next season then. For someone with such a high IQ and a quick brain, you do make a few grammar mistakes ya tit :D

I'm not doubting that Aquilani has a quick brain or anything like that. He is a brilliant passer of the ball and is not all that bad defensively.

I'm pretty confident that Stevie + Meireles / Shelvey / Henderson will create enough chances for our midfield along with any wingers we do buy.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,294 posts | 4941 
      Reply #3493: Jun 09, 2011 11:25:11 pm
      im telling you all know if we sell aqua we will not make the top 4. You can hate me and think im a prat. But aqua is the linch pin to our success.

I thought I'd heard it all in this thread but this is something else.

There are plenty on here who rate Aquilani highly, me included, but to say he is the linchpin of our success is ridiculous.

On a side note I see it's business as usual in here!
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • Jürgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Reply #3494: Jun 10, 2011 12:09:41 am
      I meant next season u wally. You can have mata on the wing suarez up top who do you think them 2 players would have more joy with aqua or hendo or shelvey. Aqua has a quick brain like me thats the difference.
      You are truly a clown,with the IQ of an ice-cube&the brain span of a goldfish.
      im telling you all know if we sell aqua we will not make the top 4. You can hate me and think im a prat. But aqua is the linch pin to our success. Hendo and shelvey are good young prospects and will come good im sure. But aqua is on a different planet to those 2 im afraid. 
      What planet is that then? 'Cos ur not on any that the rest of us seem to be on.
      Back on topic,would deffo have ''AA'' back,but of course he must want to,which sadly i don't think he does. Ah well,i'm sure ''KK'' will sort that out during the summer anyway.
      rocky299
      • Forum David Johnson

• 225 posts |
      Reply #3495: Jun 10, 2011 12:32:49 am
      You are truly a clown,with the IQ of an ice-cube&the brain span of a goldfish.What planet is that then? 'Cos ur not on any that the rest of us seem to be on.
      Back on topic,would deffo have ''AA'' back,but of course he must want to,which sadly I don't think he does. Ah well,I'm sure ''KK'' will sort that out during the summer anyway.
        Yet another jealous customer. please feel free to tell me when ive been wrong in my predictions?

Quick Reply