Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Is Aquilani moving on a good decision?

Yes
      78 (17.9%)
      No
      357 (82.1%)

Total Members Voted: 430

The Aquilani Headache

Read 217452 times
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,522 posts | 2874 
      Re: Is Moving Aquilani On A Good Decision?
      Reply #138: Aug 21, 2010 06:45:31 pm
      I'm F***ing gobsmacked at this. We're probably getting him off the wage bill to save the club a couple of F***ing million.

This means unless we sign a new attacking midfielder we are depending on Gerrard being fit all season and to be honest the chances of that happening are low.

If we didn't 'rate him' or whatever then at least F***ing sell him so we can spend some of the cash on getting a replacement but no let's loan him out so we are just an attacking player short with no money to improve. And not even rating him is F***ing nonsense, in the games he played Alberto was very good. He created a fair few goals in his short playing time. He deserved a chance to prove to everyone how could he can be.

Unless we sign someone attacking and creative in the next 10 days we are going to be fu**ed if even a minor injury crisis hits this squad.

Footballing suicide this.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #139: Aug 21, 2010 06:47:05 pm
      Purslow will be clapping himself on his back though look how much money he is saving off the wage bill. The yanks will probably give him a bonus.
      Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #140: Aug 21, 2010 06:48:08 pm
      Purslow will be clapping himself on his back though look how much money he is saving off the wage bill. The yanks will probably give him a bonus.

Makes me F***ing sick, but it's probably true.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #141: Aug 21, 2010 06:59:18 pm
      The way I see it is this, I don't believe for one second it was a financial decision I believe this lies firmly at the managers door.

If it was a financial decision to save on wages we could have offloaded Babel a player who has repeatedly fallen out of line whilst at Anfield and other than his debut season has struggled to find any consistency/form, this would not only have freed up wages it would have also swelled the coffers with a transfer fee and would not have raised any eyebrows what so ever.

Its one of two things for me, Roy jumped the gun on signing Poulson thinking Masch was going to be on his way, then has been left with too many midfielders battling it out for two spots, remember there is Cole, Gerrard, Aquilani, Lucas, Mascherano, Poulson Shevley and Spearing who can all play central midfield and Roy  has already been quoted saying he would give Spearing his chance, then unfortunately for Roy after signing Poulson his good Mate Morratti at Milan tells Roy he won't be purchasing any LFC players then all of a sudden Aquilani is going out on loan.

The other one is that this deal was agreed when we signed Poulson a gentleman's agreement so to say, you allow us to talk to Poulson and we'll allow you to speak to Aquilani about a loan deal, surely they discussed player movements other than Poulson when both sets of Chairman/Managers met.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,302 posts | 943 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #142: Aug 21, 2010 07:07:39 pm
      For what it's worth:

Alberto Aquilani set up a goal every 136 minutes - the best assist rate in the top five leagues in Europe in 2009-10.
      Yea but how many miutes did he play 137, crazy loaning him out as Roy can't even use the money a sale would give him. So we are now a player short and no money to replace him crazy plain crazy
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #143: Aug 21, 2010 07:12:50 pm
      I'm baffled by this one and will not be pleased if we finish the transfer window with a midfield four of Gerrard, Masch, Lucas and Poulsen. If you take Masch as the starting defensive midfield player we have no creative player in midfield if Gerrard gets injured or he plays behind Torres due to other injuries.

If Roy doesn't rate him he should be looking to sell him and replace him and if he did rate him then he should have told him to bide his time and he would get his chance. We have enough games this season for a player of Aquilani's quality to play in.

I also don't agree with Roy when he says he will return a better player as I don't think we will see him playing in a red shirt again. He will play well this season and will more than likely stay in Italy.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,302 posts | 943 
      Reply #144: Aug 21, 2010 07:17:54 pm
      Can't see him coming back just a smoke screen
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,854 posts | 69 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #145: Aug 21, 2010 07:33:32 pm
      I really felt Aquilani was the creative midfielder destined to get us into the top four this season, but once again f******g money problems rears its ugly head for us ! I hope Alberto does really well for Juve because i think he's got a raw deal
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,394 posts | 1025 
      Reply #146: Aug 21, 2010 07:46:06 pm
      I really felt Aquilani was the creative midfielder destined to get us into the top four this season, but once again f******g money problems rears its ugly head for us ! I hope Alberto does really well for Juve because I think he's got a raw deal

Absolutely agree with this.
      Good luck Alberto , I think you could have been a great addition to our squad, given a chance. I hope we don't regret this come the end of the season !!
      Bubonic
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 634 posts | 25 
      Reply #147: Aug 21, 2010 08:51:08 pm
      I would have thought he deserved a season to prove himself but I don't like second
      guessing managers.

I don't buy the whole idea that its because of the Kenny Huang developments.
      I STAN BULL
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | -2 
      Reply #148: Aug 21, 2010 09:03:33 pm
      Maybe woy thought the 'TAKE OVER WAS DONE' and then there would have been money in the bag for  better. Couldn't go back on his word to juve. Personnaly i think it is a sh*t deccision as a good run out all barring injury would be good for the lad and his cofidence. We got the bellow par Spearing and yet to step up to the plate lucas to help. Doesnt fill me with confidence at all
      Tim LFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 765 posts | 15 
      Reply #149: Aug 21, 2010 09:58:35 pm
      Maybe woy thought the 'TAKE OVER WAS DONE' and then there would have been money in the bag for  better. Couldn't go back on his word to juve. Personnaly I think it is a sh*t deccision as a good run out all barring injury would be good for the lad and his cofidence. We got the bellow par Spearing and yet to step up to the plate lucas to help. Doesnt fill me with confidence at all

Yeah but even then Spearing isn't a creative midfielder, so our next creative midfielder is Jonjo Shelvey ffs!
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #150: Aug 21, 2010 10:10:42 pm
      Lose Alonso, then lose his replacement a year later on a F***ing loan.

F**k. This. sh*t.
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #151: Aug 21, 2010 10:12:25 pm
      I really felt Aquilani was the creative midfielder destined to get us into the top four this season, but once again f******g money problems rears its ugly head for us ! I hope Alberto does really well for Juve because i think he's got a raw deal

Like yourself I was hoping Aqualini would get a run at the center of midfield although with Gerrard there Rob Roy maybe thought 2 into 1 don't go, whatever he thought we have cried out for some creativity for the last few years from the middle and if Aqua  moves on it makes our squad weaker not stronger plus we are removing an important part of the team and if he moves on it serves no-one but H&G.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Reply #152: Aug 21, 2010 10:16:22 pm
      A very poor decision and it F***ing stinks.

I agree with you bigv.

Lose Alonso, then lose his replacement a year later on a f**king loan.

F**k. This. Sh*t.
      Tim LFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 765 posts | 15 
      Reply #153: Aug 21, 2010 10:17:14 pm
      And i was going to get his name on my shirt when the club got sold, this week has been such a bad week we could really do with another attacking midfielder coming in but i just can't see it, and if Roy can't see it and doesn't have a replacement he will realise when we come unstuck against teams that come to anfield and park the bus that we let one our best creative talents away.
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #154: Aug 21, 2010 11:45:16 pm
      A poor decision,this smacks of reducing "costs".I wonder how much Juve are paying us for ths?This could well come back to bite Roy's arse,and if so he deserves it,same goes for Kristian Nemeth.Now I begin to wonder who is controlling the squad?Purslow or Hodgson?Have'nt we been here before?Surely the last time we had a manager with the bollocks to stand up to the Board,over to you Roy.
      PS a mid table Fulham position is not acceptable at this club.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,302 posts | 943 
      Reply #155: Aug 21, 2010 11:47:45 pm
      No doubt Roy was appointed with the constraint of doing as he is told
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #156: Aug 22, 2010 12:04:46 am
      No doubt Roy was appointed with the constraint of doing as he is told
      About right mate,but historically at Liverpool,we appoint Managers who do their jobs,and the Board just sign the cheques.The Manager/Players/Fans are what are usually important in this club.
      therapy2004
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 145 posts |
      Reply #157: Aug 22, 2010 12:05:28 am
      Joke.
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #158: Aug 22, 2010 12:24:30 am
      No,values that most of us adhere to.When this does not happen,we take action to put it right.I'm sure you don't mean to be insulting,but at the moment our traditional values,are what's keeping this club together.You call my comments a "joke",and all colours of sh*t will descend.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #159: Aug 22, 2010 12:26:11 am
      No,values that most of us adhere to.When this does not happen,we take action to put it right.I'm sure you don't mean to be insulting,but at the moment our traditional values,are what's keeping this club together.You call my comments a "joke",and all colours of sh*t will descend.

I'll hazard a guess and say i think he was referring to the Aquilani situation Roy mate, not your comment.
      crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      • Rebuilding a legacy...Trust, Will, Pride, Respect.
      Reply #160: Aug 22, 2010 12:28:44 am
      Lose Alonso, then lose his replacement a year later on a f**king loan.

F**k. This. Sh*t.

Roy has disappointed me with this move. I'm very unimpressed with all his eloquence you'd think he'd show a bit of gumption. This would've been the year for Aquilani!!!

Quick Reply