Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Your memories of great Liverpool moments

Read 9346 times
      Kadikoy
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 32 posts |
      Re: Your memories of great Liverpool moments
      Reply #46: Sep 03, 2010 05:04:15 am
      istanbul2005
      Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,586 posts | 62 
      • At the end of the storm- Is a golden sky....
      Reply #47: Sep 03, 2010 06:14:53 pm
      Wahey! The happy thread!
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #48: Sep 03, 2010 08:56:12 pm
      Mine was our home win against Southhampton it was the day we won promotion after eleven years of trying.The crowd were ina good natured frenzy.Its also the only time ive been on the pitch.THANKS TO SHANKS
      Sorry to correct you but we were certainly not in the old second division for 11 years.To my reckoning we spent 8 seasons in the second division 1954 to 1962.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,223 posts | 3394 
      Reply #49: Sep 04, 2010 12:25:12 am
      Paul Ince's equaliser against United. Match ended 2-2 after we were two nil down.

Twenty minutes to go and Redknapp pulled one back, then in the last minute the ball broke and Ince blasted it in. He went ballistic with his celebration.
      RyanBabs
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      • London town is burning down
      Reply #50: Sep 04, 2010 10:24:29 pm
      Carragher's debut and goal for LFC 19th Jan 1998..
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,522 posts | 8686 
      Reply #51: Sep 04, 2010 10:28:29 pm
      Paul Ince's equaliser against United. Match ended 2-2 after we were two nil down.

Twenty minutes to go and Redknapp pulled one back, then in the last minute the ball broke and Ince blasted it in. He went ballistic with his celebration.

Shame the shitbag sh*t out of the FA Cup game a few months earlier, when we were 1-0 up with about 15/10 mins left and plus the fact the little rat was telling all to the NOTW.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #52: Sep 05, 2010 09:26:53 am
       I recall a game against Spurs at Anfield in the 1960s when we were getting beat 2-0 at half time and it looked like we were going to get a hiding.Well we won 5-2 and if my old memory is right I think it was Willie Stevenson who scored our first goal.we totally outplayed Spurs in that second half.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #53: Sep 05, 2010 03:01:08 pm

Whiskey Nose's gob was a picture to behold.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #54: Sep 05, 2010 03:29:43 pm

That was because around that time the revelations of Fergie's autobiography had come out where Fergie had labeled Ince a Big Time Charlie, if my memory serves me correct.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #55: Sep 05, 2010 03:55:09 pm

You know I don't think i'll ever get over that save. Just boggles my mind, never seen anything like it before or since.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,522 posts | 8686 
      Reply #56: Sep 05, 2010 04:26:44 pm
      You know I don't think i'll ever get over that save. Just boggles my mind, never seen anything like it before or since.

Was convinced that Shevchenko would score, couldn't believe it when Dudek somehow pulled off that save, knew from that moment the trophy was our's.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,522 posts | 8686 
      Reply #57: Sep 05, 2010 04:29:12 pm
      That was because around that time the revelations of Fergie's autobiography had come out where Fergie had labeled Ince a Big Time Charlie, if my memory serves me correct.

Didn't he also say it on some documentary programme following Bruce, which showed a few inside things including a team talk a couple of days before a Liverpool match were Fergie totally laid into Ince. It's also the reason why he got shut of him and fu**ed Ince off to Inter.
      KopiteKid
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts |
      • Scouse Solidarność
      Reply #58: Sep 05, 2010 04:51:35 pm
      Not a particularly special event, just the fact that it was last minute against Arsenal to win it - and it was a local lad

Liverpool - Neil Mellor (goal)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,522 posts | 8686 
      Reply #59: Sep 05, 2010 05:26:43 pm
      Not a particularly special event, just the fact that it was last minute against Arsenal to win it - and it was a local lad

Liverpool - Neil Mellor (goal)

Neil Mellor wasn't a local lad though, he comes from Sheffield.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #60: Sep 05, 2010 05:34:19 pm
      Kennys last game as boss the 4-4 against Everton, what a rollercoaster of a game, what a goal by john barnes with his right foot. I was drained after the game don't know how the players felt.
      LFCkl
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 365 posts |
      Reply #61: Sep 05, 2010 05:36:12 pm
      ISTANBUL.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,388 posts | 1543 
      Reply #62: Sep 05, 2010 08:23:39 pm
      I remember gvoing to Wolves, last game of the season, I think it was 73/74 and Wolves needed to win to stay in Div 1. We needed to Win, or draw 0-0 1-1 or 2-2 to be champions. On the same night, I think it was Derby v Q.P.R. Derby had to win to be champions, but only if we lost. Q.P.R. had to avoid defeat so Wolves would go down instead of them. We beat Wolves to become champions and Q.P.R. beat Derby so even if Wolves won, they still would have been relegated due to the other result. The reds totally took over Molinouxe, Away end, and most of both stands, it was an absolutely brilliant night. I've never seen as much red  at an away game. The fact that our win didn't make any difference to Wolves being relegated, I had a safer journey home. I had hitch hiked up from Nr Bath on me own, and had to walk through Wolverhampton with the Wolves fans, to find me way home.
      KopiteKid
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts |
      • Scouse Solidarność
      Reply #63: Sep 05, 2010 11:50:31 pm
      Neil Mellor wasn't a local lad though, he comes from Sheffield.

F**k, got me facts wrong there  :)

From the academy then
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,223 posts | 3394 
      Reply #64: Sep 06, 2010 12:27:08 am
      Shame the shitbag sh*t out of the FA Cup game a few months earlier, when we were 1-0 up with about 15/10 mins left and plus the fact the little rat was telling all to the NOTW.

I know mate, but still remember that goal against United. And seeing United's players/fans/manager all look so drained made it sweeter.

Another great memory of mine is the Derby at Goodison in 2000. Sander kicking the ball, it hitting Hutchison on the back and rolling over the line with the last kick of the game and all the bitters celebrating like they'd won the League. Then all of a sudden Poll says he'd already blown for full time. The look on their faces was a F***ing picture.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #65: Sep 06, 2010 01:07:11 am
      Sorry to correct you but we were certainly not in the old second division for 11 years.To my reckoning we spent 8 seasons in the second division 1954 to 1962.

Correct. Bang On Billy.
      Chach
      • Forum John Toshack

• 262 posts |
      Reply #66: Sep 06, 2010 05:25:44 am
      The second coming of fowler was awesome still get goosbumps watchin it

Istanbul is arguably the greatest moment for me
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #67: Sep 06, 2010 08:44:03 am
      The second coming of fowler was awesome still get goosbumps watchin it

Istanbul is arguably the greatest moment for me
      I take it you are referring to the second half in Istanbul,the first half was a nightmare,I agree about Robbie I doubt there was not a man who was not glad to see him back in the RED of L.F.C.
      TheKopite*****
      • Forum Ian St John

• 433 posts |
      Reply #68: Sep 06, 2010 09:27:16 am
      Istanbul- There has never been a bigger and better come back on a stage that big in the history of football! Glad it happened in my life time!

Quick Reply