Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Villa Park

Today is the 13th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W5 D2 L3

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Vote for your man of the match

Jamie Carragher
      21 (14.5%)
      Steven Gerrard
      98 (67.6%)
      Lucas Leiva
      18 (12.4%)
      David N'gog
      8 (5.5%)

Total Members Voted: 141

Man City 3 - 0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Suicide

Read 79437 times
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Re: Man City 3 - 0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Suicide
      Reply #920: Aug 26, 2010 10:06:32 pm
      Liverpool will not be capable of competing with City unless they get new owners, it doesn't matter who the F**k is managing us and how good there management style is.

We are working at a loss in the transfer market while they spend hundreds of millions of pounds. So unless God himself takes over don't be expecting us to compete with City any time soon.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,624 posts | 3856 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #921: Aug 26, 2010 10:09:50 pm
      Compete with City my @rse. I didnt realise we had 200 million worth of players that were outside the 25 man squad. What a wind up
      Gazmcc84
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 31 posts |
      Reply #922: Aug 26, 2010 10:40:28 pm
      Liverpool will not be capable of competing with City unless they get new owners, it doesn't matter who the f**k is managing us and how good there management style is.

We are working at a loss in the transfer market while they spend hundreds of millions of pounds. So unless God himself takes over don't be expecting us to compete with City any time soon.
      we wanna compete at the top ,city still along way off that.we dont want to be run like city.our wage bill is 998k a week.yaya toure is on 200k nearly 25% of our wage bill for 1st team squad. if sheik pulls out theyl be out of business

success is built and earned over time

we will still be bigger then city in 10,20,50,100 yrs

ynwa
      RyanBabs
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      • London town is burning down
      Reply #923: Aug 26, 2010 10:50:02 pm
      I see he continues to marvel UK audiences with quality perspective.

He is world class pundit....sigh
      Red Horizon
      • Forum John Toshack

• 246 posts |
      Reply #924: Aug 26, 2010 10:58:51 pm

Well i'm on here so take a WILD GUESS,unless you think i'm a Cuckoo in the nest...it's just the blinkers have come off circa 92

FA cup 3rd round L.F.C v any one outside the top four or five is that fair? we'll have more money than them..

You talk about buying history then complain we haven't any money,you can't have it all ways....the fact is Man city was once  a cake walk then things changed and now it isn't,it's not that hard to believe is it?

How much did Gerrard cost? of Carragher? Man Utd built titles on players that cost nothing,we have to cut our cloth and be damned.

Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #925: Aug 27, 2010 11:50:22 am
      don't forget Everton 3 Liverpool 0 under Benitez.

You can't use 1 result to personify 6 years. That's just daft. Without turning this into a Benitez discussion, remember that there were more good times than bad under Benitez.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #926: Aug 27, 2010 12:14:10 pm
      Mate we are a bigger name than City don't mean we can compete with them, we are selling our best players replacing them with mediocres ones our youth system is hardly top class so where exactly are we going to get the players to compete with City who are spending hundreds of millions of pounds the last couple of years buying the best players around.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #927: Aug 31, 2010 10:30:56 pm
      Now that is a piss take. And most will agree that Kuyt and Milan were the worst on field today. By a country f**king mile!

It's the same 3 names time and again putting Lucas down.

You were singing praises about 4-4-2 at the start of the game!! Wtf happened? You realised it was sh*te?

Just checked this thread, haven't checked back for a while and saw you yet again defend the biggest pile of w*nk midfielder we've had in years.

No mate, the formation wasn't sh*te. I like 4-4-2 a lot. I don't buy into the continental philosophies and methodologies. While the foreigners have brought great things to the Premier League, they have also brought bad things too.

So then, just to reiterate crouchinho, i am more than happy to see us play a 4-4-2. As long as that plastic Brazilian isn't a part of it. The 4 man midfield unit just highlights Lucas Leiva's shortcomings even more, it exposes his glaring weaknesses for all to see.

I'm guessing you're a young lad crouchinho, you've not had the pleasure of witnessing the truly great midfielders that have graced the Anfield turf. If you had witnessed these glory years then you would realise that Lucas is not even worthy of eating their sh*t. He will never ever be a good enough player for Liverpool Football Club, ever. I would love to be proved wrong but i know that it will never happen.
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #928: Aug 31, 2010 10:51:52 pm
      The 4 man midfield unit just highlights Lucas Leiva's shortcomings even more, it exposes his glaring weaknesses for all to see.

You mean the same way a 4-4-2 highlights all of Liverpool FC's weaknesses and fails to capitalise on any of our strengths?  Why are you happy to see that happen but not for Lucas to play?  Anyhow, last season our game was based on retaining possession and control and it's why Lucas had a spot in the team - it wasn't because of his breathtaking ability, rugged good looks or how good he was in training.

This season, we've seen a shift in the way we do things - it's been a classic case of kick and rush so far, with no effort being made to really dominate the game, maintain possession and take control of things.
      « Last Edit: Aug 31, 2010 10:57:37 pm by vitez »
      Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,585 posts | 62 
      • At the end of the storm- Is a golden sky....
      Reply #929: Aug 31, 2010 10:53:50 pm
      Why is this thread still going?

Have we not already been depressed over this result, celebrated our european win, then the 3 points against west brom??
      But lets go back and be depressed again...
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #930: Sep 01, 2010 10:25:10 pm
      Can see this turning into another Lucas debate so I'l say it now. Those who for whatever sick twisted reason want to continue posting in this thread and start going about Lucas as per then it'll be locked. The whole team was crap and didn't seem to give a sh*t, not just Lucas and we have since played other teams, end of!

Quick Reply