Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Vote for your man of the match

Jamie Carragher
      21 (14.5%)
      Steven Gerrard
      98 (67.6%)
      Lucas Leiva
      18 (12.4%)
      David N'gog
      8 (5.5%)

Total Members Voted: 141

Man City 3 - 0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Suicide

Read 80070 times
      RedLFCBlood
      Re: Manchester City 3 - 0 Liverpool: Post Match Suicide
      Reply #644: Aug 23, 2010 10:36:19 pm
      Who was Lucas covering in that passage?

I'll tell you exactly what happened, Lucas had the perfect chance for an easy tackle on Yaya Toure on the edge of the 18 yarder which he shirked.

Toure played the ball to Johnston who then ended up 2vs 1 with Jova and Agger

Jova and Agger got in a muddle and left a gap between them that a london double decker bus could have fit through.

Milner spotted the gap and made a run, which Johnston found.

Milner played the ball into the six yard line area.

Barry Ghosted into the box past Kuyt who was watching Barry's run, Kuyt tried to pass teh book to Skrtel who was looking directly across the line towards Johnston and had no Idea Kuyt was even trying to do it.

Barry Scores.

So in that passage of play, where is the first fault ?
      Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #645: Aug 23, 2010 10:36:55 pm
      Don't blame you one bit.

On a different note - seriously, Lucas is copping the blame?

Kuyt and Jovanovich played as bad a game as possible and I have not seen anyone condemn Milan for it on the scale Lucas would. Kuyt was sh*te. Simply sh*te.

Lucas put in effort, covered so much ground and had to play against Toure, De Jong an Barry by himself at times, while covering Kuyt's anonymity on Milner + Lucas and Milan were forced to stop Johnson as well. His work goes so unnoticed it's not funny.

Milan + Kuyt = f**king horrible.

Sums it up.
      steviejoe
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 120 posts |
      Reply #646: Aug 23, 2010 10:37:09 pm
      roy should have made substitutions earlier
      but hes the boss
      i wish he would give pacheco a start in the hole
      see what he can do
      playing him for 10 minutes isnt gonna show much
      Pepe Reina
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,480 posts | 14 
      Reply #647: Aug 23, 2010 10:37:20 pm
      Torres should be in the poll IMO. Thought he did alright, made a couple of decent runs and turns. 2nd best player behind Stevie.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #648: Aug 23, 2010 10:37:43 pm
      If it was Masch doing the same job Lucas did I imagine many answers would be very different.

After all, when they play in the same role in the side they do seem to be compared like chalk and cheese for some reason.

TBH I don't know why he's even being mentioned compared to the garbage we saw from Agger, Kuyt and Milan.

Yeah Agger was torn apart and Jovanovic was just didn't look good at all. Always find it hard to criticise Kuyt because he's a great guy but the amount of times he loses the ball is not right. But then again, he's a striker first and a striker second. Not a right winger.
      iwantfernandosbabies
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts |
      Reply #649: Aug 23, 2010 10:38:18 pm
      Got neg'd for complimenting our skipper tonight.

Some of you people f**king worry me.

They were obviously watching a different game mate!
      Bubonic
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 634 posts | 25 
      Reply #650: Aug 23, 2010 10:38:38 pm
      yeah, she was very sexy, anyone know who she is, kenny Huangs PA possibly, MMmmmm!!! intriguing.
      Daglish was probably a guest of the Sheikh tonight and probably mentioned that he fancied a
      chinese
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #651: Aug 23, 2010 10:39:36 pm
      Yeah Agger was torn apart and Jovanovic was just didn't look good at all. Always find it hard to criticise Kuyt because he's a great guy but the amount of times he loses the ball is not right. But then again, he's a striker first and a striker second. Not a right winger.

I know how you feel. I think he's invaluable in our side wen we're winning. But when we're in a rut he just can't perform.
      Fan 86
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 761 posts | 40 
      Reply #652: Aug 23, 2010 10:40:11 pm
      Them pictures of Kenny, Purslow and Ayres told a thousend words.I really hope they have an answer between them or we ars royally *ucked.
      queuepolitely
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 575 posts | 27 
      Reply #653: Aug 23, 2010 10:40:17 pm
      Why are we playing two strikers at best Inside forwards out wide. No pace, no jinks, just look at Johnson and Milner be honest would you swop Jova and Kuyt for those two, never in a million Sundays.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #654: Aug 23, 2010 10:40:56 pm
      Very down tonight, the club is dying on its feet, that was as bad as anything I've seen under Rafa. I really think it is a piss take that Lucas and Ngog are included in that man of the match poll.

Both players were a disgrace and looked completely out of there depth and were easily our worst players on display. I'm sick of the defence of Lucas he was F***ing awful tonight I'd give a minus rating if I could.

Gerrard was on his own tonight in midfield and the only player that performed.

I'd sell Lucas for a £1 million if we would get it.
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #655: Aug 23, 2010 10:41:59 pm
      Was waiting for corbally's normal N'gog and Lucas rant, exclude everyone else.
      queuepolitely
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 575 posts | 27 
      Reply #656: Aug 23, 2010 10:42:02 pm
      Hodgson is out of his depth
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,270 posts | 2859 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #657: Aug 23, 2010 10:42:03 pm
      Daglish was probably a guest of the Sheikh tonight and probably mentioned that he fancied a
      chinese

Dalglish  :roll:
      steviejoe
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 120 posts |
      Reply #658: Aug 23, 2010 10:42:05 pm
      agree 100% collyred
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #659: Aug 23, 2010 10:43:36 pm
      I'll tell you exactly what happened, Lucas had the perfect chance for an easy tackle on Yaya Toure on the edge of the 18 yarder which he shirked.

Toure played the ball to Johnston who then ended up 2vs 1 with Jova and Agger

Jova and Agger got in a muddle and left a gap between them that a london double decker bus could have fit through.

Milner spotted the gap and made a run, which Johnston found.

Milner played the ball into the six yard line area.

Barry Ghosted into the box past Kuyt who was watching Barry's run, Kuyt tried to pass teh book to Skrtel who was looking directly across the line towards Johnston and had no Idea Kuyt was even trying to do it.

Barry Scores.

So in that passage of play, where is the first fault ?

That is such bullshit!

Here's the video: http://www.totalsportsmadness.com/2010/08/22/man-city-vs-liverpool-live-stream-highlights-23-august-2010/

Lucas was marking Milner and Gerrard let Yaya get away. Lucas then came across to cover him. Then Skrtel played Milner onside.

Then Gerrard let Milner get away - another player he let go in the same phase of play - once Lucas moved back to his position.

Stop talking sh*te and open your eyes.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #660: Aug 23, 2010 10:43:45 pm
      Absolutely F***ing disgusting! Well disappointed with the performance. If we are to play a 4-4-2 then we must buy 2 wingers. Jovanovic and Kuyt were woeful. Kuyt has just picked up where he left off last season. Jovanovic will get the benefit of the doubt as he's new. David NGog was F***ing shocking! He is not the answer, Roy should have gone with Babel from the start. Agger was destroyed, what was wrong with Aurelio?.

Masch looks a cert to be gone in the next week and if Lucas is the replacement we are well and truly fu**ed!. He was absolutely F***ing diabolical tonight, behind the pace and eager to pass on defensive responsibilities to those around him. How the F**k he is in the poll is beyond the realms of human perception. He is total and utter w*nk and i have had a F***ing gutful of him now.

We played with no direction, no passion, no fight, no desire and no control. We were dominated and dictated to.

A tricky Europa League away tie and a banker against West Brom should give us a boost. Roy got his team choice wrong tonight, not the formation, the players he chose to play in that formation. Lucas, Kuyt and NGog are not what we need right now, i just hope Roy realises this before it is too late.
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #661: Aug 23, 2010 10:44:04 pm
      I'd sell Lucas for a £1 million if we would get it.
      I wondered to myself why Rafa hasn't had the same interest in bringing Lucas to inter as he has with Kuyt/Mascherano..

Then I realised and chuckled to myself.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #662: Aug 23, 2010 10:45:34 pm
      What 3 people voted for Lucas as man of the match have his family joined the site, by a country mile he was the worst player on display tonight from either team saying that Ngog wasn't far off either.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #663: Aug 23, 2010 10:45:57 pm
      I don't think you can really blame Agger didn,t roy say he would play players in the right position IE Agger is not a left back ,Ngog said it before couldn,t trap a bag of cement, Kuyt headless chicken as usual plus no skill ,Lucas not for me  i am sorry just not good enough, as i have said before i can take a loss it happens sometimes but the manner of that defeat tonight leaves a very sour taste indeed ,and just one thing Roy when things are going tits up you don't have to wait till the dreaded 65 mins to try and change things, and as much as i would like to see more of Pacheco what could a young lad possibly gain out of coming on for a couple of minutes to join in an abysmal performance like that.
      We can all guess that the behind the scenes ranglings are affecting things but lads show a bit of courage at least.
      toradel
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 135 posts |
      Reply #664: Aug 23, 2010 10:46:29 pm
      Roy hudgson cost us the game, he was so naive, so optimist... How can you go to man city with that kind of formation... When i saw his team sheet i was not happy with it at all, those r formations for home games against the likes of westbrom, west harm, etc. How can he even think we can do well with that formation against city and on their own turf... He was so optimist.. There r some obvious situation that you will know that this is just not gonna work.. And one was today... No doubt city is a good team but me made them look extraordinary today... Rafa will never have anticipated doing that because he know it's simply not gonna work... Hudgson should know better not always attack minded because sometimes u don need it...F he wanna be lyk arsene wenger bt sticking to one thing and that is always play attack minded wit offensive football, i'm afraid we'll not win anything under him...
      queuepolitely
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 575 posts | 27 
      Reply #665: Aug 23, 2010 10:46:35 pm
      its square pegs in round holes. No wingers, we cant play 442. Why the hell do you play Babel who takes a good goal, take him of at half time and then play Ngog instead is this not Rafa all over again.....and I was a Rafa fan.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #666: Aug 23, 2010 10:46:54 pm
      That is such bullshit!

Stop talking sh*te and open your eyes.

Bullshite my arse that is how it happened, but then again I don't stroke Lucas's middle leg and pretend he's anything other than extremely limited average midfielder do I ?.

Quick Reply