Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 26th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W7 D0 L3

Wingers

Read 8522 times
      camara14
      • Forum Neil Ruddock
      • Started Topic

• 157 posts | -3 
      Wingers
      Jul 03, 2007 11:34:18 am
      It seems that our remaining problems are down the flanks and we could do with a bit more service into the box but what wingers do we need and how many.
      xen105
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 78 posts | -4 
      Re: Wingers
      Reply #1: Jul 03, 2007 11:40:26 am
      i'd say 2, left and right, i would love to see the likes of alves, malouda or simao at liverpool. kewell and malouda for the left, pennant plus one of alves or simao or evn quaresma of porto. we definatly need someone
      Venom-C
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 806 posts |
      Reply #2: Jul 03, 2007 11:50:40 am
      It seems if the Heinze rumours are true then Rafa is planning to push Riise up to left mid (his best postition in my opinion). However we do need a dangerous, reliable, non-injurie-prone (sorry Harry) winger on either side.

What are the possibilities?
      Quaresma, Simao, Malouda, Joaquin, Pedersen.
      I do hope we get one!
      sonny
      • Forum Youth Player

• 17 posts |
      Reply #3: Jul 03, 2007 12:18:34 pm
      I agree you there venom about the need of more dangerous, reliable wingers, however i think there are better left midfielders than Riise - he has been a great servant for the club since he arrived but he gives away possession far to much for my liking.
      As for the wingers, i think Malouda would have been great but i reckon the chavs have got him and he has stated that is where he would like to play, so who does that leave us - simao, Quaresma???
      We also need to sign Masherano on a permanant deal!!!!
      camara14
      • Forum Neil Ruddock
      • Started Topic

• 157 posts | -3 
      Reply #4: Jul 03, 2007 12:44:01 pm
      I was thinking vicente but he's a bit injury prone.
      Quaresma's almost an atletico player simao would be great.
      garlo
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 518 posts |
      Reply #5: Jul 03, 2007 12:52:31 pm
      i can see pennant being a starter this season, he pulled together well towards the end of last season
      i say give him a chance.
      but still i worry about the left, riise isnt good enough, aurellio we could give him a chance but it's risky and kewell speaks for himself with the injury list he has had.
      seeing as gonzalez is gone, although i never rated him.
      so i think we should sign a left sided player more than anything
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,132 posts | 456 
      Reply #6: Jul 03, 2007 01:12:19 pm
      A left sided winger is absolutely essential if we are to challenge for the title.  The incoming player has to be an attack minded winger comfortable on the ball, mancini, queresma.....etc
      lfc 4life
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 653 posts | -11 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #7: Jul 03, 2007 01:18:15 pm
      Mancini, Drenthe, Quaresma, Simao, Alves, Malouda, Joaquin, Pedersen would all be quality wingers to join Liverpool
      thekopster
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 68 posts | -5 
      Reply #8: Jul 03, 2007 04:35:26 pm
      they say that chavski have been watching malouda and are ready to snatch him from us
      this is good as we can then go for simao,quesrma
      priesty10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,339 posts |
      • Rafa, Gone but not forgotten
      Reply #9: Jul 03, 2007 04:51:14 pm
      was just gonna say Quaresma is just about to sign for Atletico (havent they spent that Ā£27m quickly!!) but yeah I think we need at least one winger.

I really think Kewell will be class for us this season (as long as he doesnt get injured, but I dont think he will) but pennent in my eyes will only ever be a squad player, I think Mancini would be a very good option on the right with Simoa but I dont think we should sign Malouda as I think he's sown a a bad attitude.....
      edu_rbb
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 499 posts | 14 
      • En Sevilla
      Reply #10: Jul 03, 2007 05:59:21 pm
      joaquin is impossible,valencia paid 25 millionsā‚¬ the last summer.malouda and quaresma are great
      « Last Edit: Jul 03, 2007 07:28:14 pm by edu_rbb »
      Xabi1309
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 340 posts |
      Reply #11: Jul 03, 2007 08:11:10 pm

I still believe that Daniel Alves is an ideal left winger and would be a great aquisition.I watched him play a few times last season and he is lightening quick and can deliver a very good ball into the box.

I would spend the money on Alves at left wing.

The right wing is more problematic.Of those players I would like to see play in that role most of them are already well established with their respective teams and would require too much money.I am talking about Kaka or Cristiano Ronaldo who I beleive is the finest right sided winger on this planet! And yes we let him slip though our fingers.......

I am still not convinced that Sabrosa is the solution either.I have seen him play and he tends gto drift in and out of a game and is not a worker.

My most realsitic preference is Aaron Lennon of Spurs.He has bags of pace and works tirelessly for his side.Trouble is I doubt Jol would sell as he is empire building at the moment and would only sell at the right price.

Forget Malouda.

I have said in a previous thread he is a mercenary and destined to play Chavvy football,good luck to him.
      Richobaz
      • Only posts when we're losing...
      • Banned

• 869 posts | -98 
      Reply #12: Jul 03, 2007 08:28:42 pm
      This is right...believe me!

Once we get Beneyoun - the right side is sorted.  Pennant has done enough to warrant a place.

So that only leaves a left winger.  I reckon will get Simao.  No one else is talking about him.  We will then have Simao and Kewell fighting for that place.

Prem winners...me's think!
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #13: Jul 03, 2007 08:28:47 pm

I still believe that Daniel Alves is an ideal left winger and would be a great aquisition.I watched him play a few times last season and he is lightening quick and can deliver a very good ball into the box.

I would spend the money on Alves at left wing.

The right wing is more problematic.Of those players I would like to see play in that role most of them are already well established with their respective teams and would require too much money.I am talking about Kaka or Cristiano Ronaldo who I beleive is the finest right sided winger on this planet! And yes we let him slip though our fingers.......

I am still not convinced that Sabrosa is the solution either.I have seen him play and he tends gto drift in and out of a game and is not a worker.

My most realsitic preference is Aaron Lennon of Spurs.He has bags of pace and works tirelessly for his side.Trouble is I doubt Jol would sell as he is empire building at the moment and would only sell at the right price.

Forget Malouda.

I have said in a previous thread he is a mercenary and destined to play Chavvy football,good luck to him.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I might be prone to ripping into people at times, but not usually this much. However for that last post you completely deserve it.

You obviously have never ever seen Alves play, if you had you would certainly know that he plays on the right of the pitch.

Even if you suggest him on the right, he is not a winger. A winger is someone who hugs the touchline, beats a man & puts a cross in. Alves is not this type of player at all. He is a right back in a league where right back means a lot less defending than it does here, hence the debate whether he should play right back or right mid if he came here. A winger he definately is not.

You then go on to suggest Kaka if money was no object, one of the best atacking mids in the world, if not the best. He can do a job on the wing, but the only time you would ever put him there is if every other player for the position was injured. He is at his most devastating doing his damage in the middle. He is a great goalscorer as well as being a skillful player, put him on the right & you lose a lot of that.

Can I suggest that you actually watch players before making a judgement on them. You just make yourself look stupid (see above) when you try to pass judgement without watching them. If you lok back through my posts you will see plenty of posts saying 'Haven't seen him, can't offer an opinion' I suggest you do the same if you haven't seen a player.

Alves = Left Winger :D :D :D
      Xabi1309
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 340 posts |
      Reply #14: Jul 03, 2007 08:45:24 pm
      I have seen Alves play on the left hence my post and Kaka is an attacking midfiled player as you state but again we already have Stevie playing in that position who can also play on the right.I would put Kaka on the right.

Eddie C you seem to believe only your opinion counts and you write a lot of rubbish that you pass on as your opinion.

Try and be a bit more receptive to others!

Oh yes and lighten up a bit.

:action-smiley-025:
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #15: Jul 03, 2007 09:00:23 pm
      I have seen Alves play on the left hence my post and Kaka is an attacking midfiled player as you state but again we already have Stevie playing in that position who can also play on the right.I would put Kaka on the right.

Eddie C you seem to believe only your opinion counts and you write a lot of rubbish that you pass on as your opinion.

Try and be a bit more receptive to others!

Oh yes and lighten up a bit.

:action-smiley-025:

Ok, When have you seen one match where Alves played on the left? I honestly don't believe there has been one. Name me one, jus one, and I will apologise whole heartedly.

However I very much doubt you will be able to name one as I sincerely believe you are talking out of your arse. You ask me to be more receptive to others, I usually am. Even if I don't agree with other peoples opinions I will discuss it with them, however when you suggest Alves as a left winger I will just laugh at you as it is pathetic & definately proves that you have never watched him play. Either that or you're just retarded.

Little hint for you. Hold Both your hands up with your index finger at a right angle from your thumb. The one that makes an 'L' is your left hand, the other is your right :D :D :D
      THE MESSIAH
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 471 posts | 20 
      • "and on the seventh day.....there shall be Kenny"
      Reply #16: Jul 03, 2007 09:17:18 pm
      I am not getting into the argument of whos wrong or right with the last post, but EddieC I for one found your response both aggresive and patronising...
      LFC FOR ME
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 63 posts |
      Reply #17: Jul 03, 2007 09:49:27 pm
      Everyone stop having a go at Eddie, thats my new job! but serioulsy if I had my way we would try and sign Simao (and before you ask Ive seen enough of him to give an opinion).  He's fairly fast with good close control and can deliver a cracking shot when he's given time to cut inside.  for me theres too many wingers out there that have got skill and pace which is great for delivering the ball into the box but not always very clinical when they get in front of goal.  We need someone who can give us 10 goals and above off the wing in the league.
      Mickey LFC4Ever
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 76 posts | -6 
      Reply #18: Jul 03, 2007 10:54:15 pm
      I would like to see 2 wingers. in my opinion I think we should go for quaresma from porto and morten gamst-perdersen from blackburn. mgp is proven in the premiership and quaresma has some skill about him and can put in a good ball from the right.
      edu_rbb
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 499 posts | 14 
      • En Sevilla
      Reply #19: Jul 04, 2007 12:25:49 am
      alves is right defender,sevilla's winger is jesus navas,he is really great
      scouser_10
      • Forum Ian St John

• 430 posts | -12 
      Reply #20: Jul 04, 2007 03:31:22 am
      :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I might be prone to ripping into people at times, but not usually this much. However for that last post you completely deserve it.

You obviously have never ever seen Alves play, if you had you would certainly know that he plays on the right of the pitch.

Even if you suggest him on the right, he is not a winger. A winger is someone who hugs the touchline, beats a man & puts a cross in. Alves is not this type of player at all. He is a right back in a league where right back means a lot less defending than it does here, hence the debate whether he should play right back or right mid if he came here. A winger he definately is not.

You then go on to suggest Kaka if money was no object, one of the best atacking mids in the world, if not the best. He can do a job on the wing, but the only time you would ever put him there is if every other player for the position was injured. He is at his most devastating doing his damage in the middle. He is a great goalscorer as well as being a skillful player, put him on the right & you lose a lot of that.

Can I suggest that you actually watch players before making a judgement on them. You just make yourself look stupid (see above) when you try to pass judgement without watching them. If you lok back through my posts you will see plenty of posts saying 'Haven't seen him, can't offer an opinion' I suggest you do the same if you haven't seen a player.

Alves = Left Winger :D :D :D

very true....dani alves is a right sided player...however, he is very attacking for a righ-back....alot like a cafu or roberto carlos for brazil...he could play right wing-back in a 3-5-2 formation
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #21: Jul 04, 2007 08:42:54 am
      very true....dani alves is a right sided player...however, he is very attacking for a righ-back....alot like a cafu or roberto carlos for brazil...he could play right wing-back in a 3-5-2 formation

Absolutely, I suggested a 3-5-2 in the Alves thread. He is a very good player, but for the money Sevilla want now he's not worth it.
      scouser_10
      • Forum Ian St John

• 430 posts | -12 
      Reply #22: Jul 04, 2007 12:02:07 pm
      i would love to see quaresma playing on the wing for us....he is an amazing talent...quick pace, amazing dribbing skills and can take on defenders and beat them....he also sends quality crosses in...scores quality goals of his own as well...
      i would like to see simao as well....

Quick Reply