Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Trabzonspor v Liverpool (2nd Leg) Pre-Match Thread

Read 24790 times
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Re: Trabzonspor v Liverpool (2nd Leg) Pre-Match Thread
      Reply #69: Aug 25, 2010 12:28:58 am
          Agree dont need 4-4-2 over there. Hope Pachecco is given a run out over there.
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #70: Aug 25, 2010 12:34:29 am
      Nice one, in your haste to argue back you've missed the fact that I've agreed with you in that he's wasteful with his chances.

We are talking about the same Babel here right? Quite possibly the worlds laziest player, who would prefer to sit on the bench and tweet on his mobile?

I heard an analyst a while back talk about what players lack and he said, most players who have talent, lack the drive to go out there and be the best in the world, while the players who lack talent go out there and drive to be the best in the world, and only a few put them together. Babel has tons of talent, but if you follow him on twitter, you can see he doesn't really want to be the best player in the world.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #71: Aug 25, 2010 01:15:11 am
      Against who??!

Come on, against a decent team- Ngog gets embarrased everytime.

Get over it love.

It's like you have some sort of personal tirade against Ngog as you keep highlighting your disapproval of him in numerous threads.

Did he get embarrassed against Arsenal, or are they not a decent team?

Did you not watch the City game he "skinned" a fully capped English national Lescott twice on the left side in the first half.

All in all support the F***ing team and who ever the manager throws on there for the game, save your disapproval for the post match and player threads.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #72: Aug 25, 2010 01:44:49 am
      Im not sure I will ever be a fan of Ngog,

My heart sinks when I see him on the team sheet, let alone when I see him trip over his own feet, or a defender effortlessly taking the ball from him, with no attempt from Ngog to get it back.

I wont go mad comparing him to Babel- because I would rather they both got sold- but they are who we have at the moment, and I would rather see Babel.

That taking the ball from Ngog thing you mentioned is just an apt of a description for Babel. Not making much of a case here.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #73: Aug 25, 2010 03:31:05 am

Ohh claret and blue. What scary colors. Think my grandma knitted a scarf with those colors once. Looked like sh*t.

Innnn Istanbuuuuuul, we won it FIVE TIMES!

I F***ing want these turks hammered into the ground. No mercy.
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #74: Aug 25, 2010 03:53:03 am
      Come on MsTorres, what are you banging on?

He's 21 years old and I'll easily say he's been our best player after 4 games this season. He wasn't great under Rafa, but remember that he was living in Torres' shadow. At 21 years of age, he's got to step up to the plate and do his best to deliver what people can't expect him to.

He's brought for £1.5M and I feel he's punching above his weight. Under Roy, he looks like he's blossomed and brought his game a step further. He's growing in confidence, he takes people on and is not afraid to try. His header against Rabo in qualifying was a corker of a goal. His finish against Arsenal was something Torres will be proud of.

Heck, my friends who thought Ngog was sh*t last season actually think that he's becoming a better prospect over time. Living behind Torres' shadow, getting a bulk of flak when goals ain't flowing isn't a good thing. But remember he's done brilliant especially when you consider he only scored 1 goal out of 19 games for PSG.

Definitely a player I'm looking to keep that's for sure..
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #75: Aug 25, 2010 03:55:47 am
      Well, I heart David Ngog ;)
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #76: Aug 25, 2010 07:44:57 am
      :D If it weren't for Ngog we'd still be on 0 points and possibly out of the Europa League already. Get a grip. He's scored 4 goals in 5 games. Call him unconvincing in his style of play, but the lad scores goals.

Thankyou!
      Someone who shares my opinion of Ngog!

When has anyone ever seen Ngog skin a defender & take the ball through him??
      Ngog gets the ball, unless he is in acres of space- he will lose it.

I would rather see Babel upfront, at least he makes an effort.

When have you seen Babel score a goal in two games back to back? When have you seen Babel even score a goal within the same friggin' month as another!!

Babel is sh*te. Ngog is getting better in his play and actually scores.

Ridiculous abuse he gets.

As for me:

Reina

Kelly    Carragher    Kyrgiakos    Aurelio

Poulsen       Gerrard

Maxi                                   Dani
                               Cole

Ngog

I'm not balancing our hopes of qualifying on a Torres that looks bereft of any fitness. He can come on in the second half.
      linneman
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,426 posts | 16 
      Reply #77: Aug 25, 2010 09:05:14 am
      So, no gerrard and Torres!

Well that sucks!
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #78: Aug 25, 2010 09:06:06 am
      Star duo miss Trabzon trip

Liverpool will be without star duo Steven Gerrard and Fernando Torres for their Europa League trip to Trabzonspor, Roy Hodgson today confirmed.

Gerrard has a back problem while the club has decided not to risk Torres playing a third successive game following his injury troubles.

Both are expected to be fit for Sunday's clash with West Bromwich Albion.

Hodgson will also be without Daniel Agger (concussion) and Maxi Rodriguez (illness) for the jaunt to Turkey.

The boss told Liverpoolfc.tv: "Steven Gerrard unfortunately has had a recurrence of the back problem which he gets from time to time. Hopefully it won't stop him playing on Sunday.

"The same applies to Agger for Sunday. He played in the game on Monday which was to some extent against medical advice. He wanted to play but felt a bit sick after the game. That's mainly due to the concussion he suffered, so it would be foolish for us to risk him on Thursday.

"Maxi is sick. He's in bed at the moment with a bit of gastroenteritis, so he's out of the question."

Hodgson added: "With Fernando Torres we've made the decision that we don't wish to risk him three games in a row at this stage of the season with him having done so well to get back this quickly."

Meanwhile, Hodgson admits his side faces a tough challenge against Trabzonspor after failing to kill off the tie at Anfield last week.

The game finished 1-0 - but the gaffer knows the Turks will be a different proposition in their own backyard.

"We missed a golden opportunity to kill the game off at Anfield and now we've got it all to do," he said. "It's going to be a very tough ask for the players in a difficult place.

"They are one of the two or three best teams in Turkey at the moment and Turkish football is of a very high standard.

"Everyone who's been to Trabzon tells me it's a remarkably difficult place to play. They're a hostile and fanatic crowd and it's a difficult pitch.

"But if we come through it we'll come through it stronger."

The length of the journey east means Hodgson will have little time to prepare his side for Sunday's clash with West Brom.

He added: "It's hard - there's no question about that. This Europa League is in some ways harder on a squad than the Champions League because you get more teams from the far eastern part of Europe.

"Then you are playing Sunday-Thursday-Sunday, so you need a very big squad.

"The best way for this not to impact upon our league form is to win the game."

Liverpool squad v Trabzonspor: Reina, Gulacsi, Hansen, Johnson, Kelly, Skrtel, Carragher, Krygiakos, Aurelio, Cole, Spearing, Poulsen, Lucas, Pacheco, Shelvey, Babel, Kuyt, Ngog, Eccleston.

Author: Jimmy Rice

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/star-duo-miss-trabzon-trip?

It gets bothersome.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #79: Aug 25, 2010 09:21:48 am
      I dont see much creativity in that squad with the exception of Joe Cole and maybe Pacheco.

This is gonna be a very tough game.
      Scott Barton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,552 posts |
      Reply #80: Aug 25, 2010 09:25:57 am
      Of course I want us to win and do well in everything, I'm really not convinced our squad has the capable depth to realistically compete in this and try to get back on track in the league. It's going to be tough, very tough
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #81: Aug 25, 2010 09:29:16 am
      Good to see we are taking this competition seriously!

Team then:

Jones
      Kelly          Carra         Kyrgiakos     Aurelio

Poulsen   Lucas

Kuyt                           Cole                     Babel

Ngog
      RyanBabs

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      • London town is burning down
      Reply #82: Aug 25, 2010 09:29:50 am
      No Gerrard due to back and Torres don't want to risk it too early into the season. Get ready for the alanzinho show hahaha ;)
      Iano92
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 958 posts |
      Reply #83: Aug 25, 2010 09:30:46 am
      Of course I want us to win and do well in everything, I'm really not convinced our squad has the capable depth to realistically compete in this and try to get back on track in the league. It's going to be tough, very tough

We are facing Trabzonspor not Barca for Gods sake. We should roll these fuckers over. Pacheco to start and take the piss!!
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,605 posts | 166 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #84: Aug 25, 2010 09:31:28 am
      Liverpool squad v Trabzonspor: Reina, Gulacsi, Hansen, Johnson, Kelly, Skrtel, Carragher, Krygiakos, Aurelio, Cole, Spearing, Poulsen, Lucas, Pacheco, Shelvey, Babel, Kuyt, Ngog, Eccleston.

My team:
                         Reina
      Johnson    Carragher    Kyrgiakos    Aurelio
                 Poulsen       Lucas
           Kuyt                    Dani
                             Cole
                            Ngog
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,683 posts | 3904 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #85: Aug 25, 2010 09:36:51 am

Liverpool will be without star duo Steven Gerrard and Fernando Torres for their Europa League trip to Trabzonspor, Roy Hodgson today confirmed.

Gerrard has a back problem while the club has decided not to risk Torres playing a third successive game following his injury troubles.

Hodgson will also be without Daniel Agger (concussion) and Maxi Rodriguez (illness) for the jaunt to Turkey.

No chance that Glen Johnson has foot in mouth then Roy... No. Ok

Reina

Carra      Kyrgiakos    
      Johnson                                  Kelly
                    Lucas     Poulson

Amoo              Cole                Pacheco    

Ngog      

Oh and Kuyt was terrible against Citeh.
      Have a rest my good man

I know this is different than my original team.
      Given that three of the first post are confirmed out I thought I would have another go.
      Scott Barton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,552 posts |
      Reply #86: Aug 25, 2010 09:40:04 am
      We are facing Trabzonspor not Barca for Gods sake. We should roll these fuckers over. Pacheco to start and take the piss!!

As true as that is, they showed in the first leg its not going to be as easy as that. Plus an away trip in Turkey is never going to be easy
      sorrytosaythat
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 41 posts | -6 
      Reply #87: Aug 25, 2010 10:07:47 am
      I am from Turkey and Liverpool will be eliminated.... I am telling this to you because then you can be prepared for that... dont worry... Trabzonspor is a strong team, dont feel any shame for being eliminated... you are still Liverpool, one of the biggest club. 

For the game, if Liverpool scores 2 goals away, still Tranzonspor will go through... if you can score 3 then you might have a little chance... but it seems impossible...

my guess is history will repeat it self and Trabzonspor 3 Liverpool 0
      thephotoman
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 74 posts |
      Reply #88: Aug 25, 2010 10:13:39 am
      Some performances on Monday night should question their automatic team selection. Johnson and Kuyt should drop to bench for starters...

Reina
      Kelly         Kyriakos             Skrtel          Aurelio

Poulsen         Lucas                                   

Pacheco           Cole          Jovanovic

NGog
      sorrytosaythat
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 41 posts | -6 
      Reply #89: Aug 25, 2010 10:14:21 am
      so my advice is that don't waste pages on this topic, thinking about possible layouts etc. If you get Messi, Ronaldo, Casillas and Forlan until Thursday, you will still be eliminated...
      Darth Joe
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 846 posts | 31 
      Reply #90: Aug 25, 2010 10:15:01 am
      For the game, if Liverpool scores 2 goals away, still Tranzonspor will go through... if you can score 3 then you might have a little chance... but it seems impossible...

I am not from Turkey. I'm wondering if they taught MATHEMATICS at your schools?
      thephotoman
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 74 posts |
      Reply #91: Aug 25, 2010 10:15:20 am

my guess is history will repeat it self and Trabzonspor 3 Liverpool 0

Surely by your own admission if Liverpool score 2 away goals they'll progress as you only predict Trab scoring 3....

Quick Reply