Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Mascherano's lack of respect

Read 6274 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Mascherano's lack of respect
      Aug 24, 2010 08:16:53 pm
      After yesterday's refusal to play why have the club not fined him yet?

Grow some balls Liverpool.

A months pay minimum.

RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,270 posts | 2859 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Re: Mascherano's lack of respect
      Reply #1: Aug 24, 2010 08:21:42 pm
      He'll be off soon, can you crawl back his 4 weeks at £*0,000 per week.

What happened to 4 weeks notice?

Shocked and disapointed by him and his attitude.
      el nino9
      • Forum John Barnes

• 417 posts |
      Reply #2: Aug 24, 2010 08:24:57 pm
      If I didn't want to work I'd end up in colchester and I certainly would not be paid my wage. OK he want's to go but it just proves that when that some players say they play for the fans then they are lying because it should be all hands to the pump at the moment.
      B52Diplomacy
      • On Trial

• 4 posts |
      Reply #3: Aug 24, 2010 08:29:30 pm
      Because there is an understanding that he was promised he could leave, we want to sell him, and there are potential buyers.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,683 posts | 3904 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #4: Aug 24, 2010 08:30:13 pm
      Agree. Dock him a months wages you spineless weasels
      SpionKop88
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 11 
      • We see things they'll NEVER see!!!
      Reply #5: Aug 24, 2010 08:31:38 pm
      If I didn't want to work I'd end up in colchester and I certainly would not be paid my wage.

Likewise mate, 4 weeks in the glasshouse for me.

He needs to man the f*ck up & get a grip.

Masch, if you would be nowhere if it wasnt for LFC, so start showing some f*cking respect!!!!!
      el nino9
      • Forum John Barnes

• 417 posts |
      Reply #6: Aug 24, 2010 08:34:32 pm
      Likewise mate, 4 weeks in the glasshouse for me.

He needs to man the f*ck up, I didnt wana be in a certain job but had to wait till I had chance to move.

Get a grip Masch, you would be nowhere if it wasnt for LFC, so start showing some f*cking respect!!!!!

Walked past us at the match against Barnsley (painful memory) a few years ago, arrogant pr**k is all I can say. Stormed past a handful of kids whilst pep offered to sign their programmes.

Time the poison dwarf shipped out!
      SpionKop88
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 11 
      Reply #7: Aug 24, 2010 08:37:42 pm
      Walked past us at the match against Barnsley (painful memory) a few years ago, arrogant pr**k is all I can say. Stormed past a handful of kids whilst pep offered to sign their programmes.

what a f*cking gobs***e! not the example to be setting, unlike Pepe.
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #8: Aug 24, 2010 08:37:43 pm

Hmmmm... Pepe, a true Liverpool legend in the making. As for mascherano, just another example of the way football is headed. Greedy disloyal fatcat spoilt crybaby who has thrown all his toys out of the pram just because we have got the RIGHT to get a fee we are due after giving him the stage to perform on when nobody else would. Thanks alot you selfish little p***k!!
      SpionKop88
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 11 
      Reply #9: Aug 24, 2010 08:40:32 pm
      Well said Don mate, he's a childish little cry baby...and not acting in the Liverpool Way.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #10: Aug 24, 2010 08:47:17 pm
        where is the respect for the club and the fans he expressed last week

Just fine him 1-2 months wages , he is leaving anyway , if not now in January, so his mind is made up , forget the badge kissing,,,,,,think he lost the admiration from te majority of the fans

YNWA
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #11: Aug 24, 2010 08:51:54 pm
      Grow up Masch.
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #12: Aug 24, 2010 08:53:36 pm
      So much for "I'm proud to play for Liverpool".

No-one holds the club to ransom. F**k off, now, Masch.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #13: Aug 24, 2010 08:55:39 pm
      We are being sh*t on from all directions at the moment ,is it any wonder that the players think they can do it as well .
      linneman
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,426 posts | 16 
      Reply #14: Aug 24, 2010 09:07:09 pm
      Is there any proof that it really was masch who said ' I'm not playin' or could it still be that it effectively Roy was who said masch wasn't up for it and ommited him from the squad?
      Iano92
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 958 posts |
      Reply #15: Aug 24, 2010 09:08:49 pm
      Taking any disciplinary action against Masch would be counter-productive, as it would only lower his value.
      Don77

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #16: Aug 24, 2010 09:11:25 pm
      Is there any proof that it really was masch who said ' I'm not playin' or could it still be that it effectively Roy was who said masch wasn't up for it and ommited him from the squad?

Well mascherano was picked against Arsenal and I am in no doubt he would have been picked last night. I am in no doubt that after Roy said that Inter would not bid for him he threw his toys out of the pram when Liverpool rejected the pathetic offer that Barca made. He has 2 years on his contract. We put him on the map, we pay him well and we have told him he can go if we get a decent fee. We cannot do much more, but once again no loyalty from a fatcat selfish footballer with no respect for what got him to where he is!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #17: Aug 24, 2010 09:12:14 pm
      I was shocked and incredibly disappointed in him. I thought he had conducted himself very well before yesterday and then he went and did that, ruining his reputation amongst us Liverpool fans and probably ruining the plans Hodgson and the players for their match against Man City. Disgraceful actions. Like others have said 25 million and not a penny less, and if a penny less is offered then he can quite happily rot in the reserves.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #18: Aug 24, 2010 09:13:37 pm
      Wish I could get out of my mobile phone contract as easily as footballers can get our of theirs.
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #19: Aug 24, 2010 09:15:05 pm
      for all he's a world class player if he dosent want to play for us he can F**k off
      i bet we get no-where near as much for him as he's worth cause that what its like for us these days eh
      F***ing pissed off 12 million barca offered F**k that
      keithlfc
      • Forum John Toshack

• 281 posts |
      Reply #20: Aug 24, 2010 09:15:40 pm
      F**k fining him bang him in ressies for two years F**k the loss, would rather that than let the little sh*t hold us ransom. Sick to death of us getting stung with sh*te fees for our players while Villa get 30m for Milner ffs.
      Andrei
      • Forum Steve Staunton

• 149 posts |
      • I'll think about something.
      Reply #21: Aug 24, 2010 09:34:22 pm
      Think Alberto was not the one meant to leave...
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #22: Aug 24, 2010 09:37:36 pm
      Needs to stop throwing his toys out of the pram, he's been a liability with his attitude for too many seasons. Grow a pair and put your own thoughts to one side for a F***ing second.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #23: Aug 24, 2010 09:45:18 pm
      He can go dry hump a razor blade for all I care.
      Zeus
      • Forum David Johnson

• 244 posts |
      Reply #24: Aug 24, 2010 10:08:46 pm
      Still think we should hold out for £25-30M which is the least of what he's worth as a defensive midfielder who's also the captain of Argentina.  If he refuses to play, then fine him.  And can we please report Barcelona for tapping up a player - someone has to.

We got the tactics wrong yesterday and gave a limp display but Mascherano's antics were shambolic. I am still angry at him and Barcelona - they cannot be allowed to get a player on the cheap. 
      el nino9
      • Forum John Barnes

• 417 posts |
      Reply #25: Aug 24, 2010 10:10:22 pm
      We wont sell him for less than he is worth, I thing Barca may be taking advantage of our financial situation.
      neilo
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 182 posts |
      Reply #26: Aug 24, 2010 10:11:10 pm
      He can go dry hump a razor blade for all I care.
      ouch!!! but agreed.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Reply #27: Aug 24, 2010 10:11:13 pm
      Pitbull of a player on the field but manners of a goat off it,mascherano has gone about this affair all the wrong way and if last seasons distruptions were not bad enough then this season he has totally taken the piss out of what this club & loyal fans stand for.

Mascherano has given the enemies of liverpool even more ammunition to fire at us and made us look like bigger pricks than what the board has and im sure players like torres will be looking on with a keen eye over the develoments and how things pan out.

One thing we ask for is loyalty to be shown when we have served you well.Dissent is the last thing he should have done and like a man he should have made himself available and put in a performance like a man possesed on the pitch and taken out his frustrations on man city.

You have lost the true love & suppourt of fans who would have walked to hell and back for you son.
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #28: Aug 24, 2010 10:13:56 pm
      well said buddy

YNWA
      el nino9
      • Forum John Barnes

• 417 posts |
      Reply #29: Aug 24, 2010 10:14:37 pm
      Pitbull of a player on the field but manners of a goat off it,mascherano has gone about this affair all the wrong way and if last seasons distruptions were not bad enough then this season he has totally taken the piss out of what this club & loyal fans stand for.

After the way Hand G have acted his primitive ass probablly thinks that his actions represent "normal behaviour"
      MaxC
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 504 posts | 15 
      Reply #30: Aug 24, 2010 10:15:37 pm
      I thought he loved Liverpool. Absolutely gutted and shocked by his actions. I just hope that it is not his wife prompting him into this. We all have heard him say that he loves liverpool and also that his wife has been unable to settle down in liverpool. But refusing to play is not the way to resolve issues and for that he has lost a fan in me. He should have played until a suitable offer worthy of a world class player had come along. For now i hope that Roy and the Board will be smart enough to do the right thing that is to sell him for the right price and not get distracted by his pathetic antics...Btw we will get over him, we always have, nobody is bigger than our beloved Club.
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #31: Aug 24, 2010 10:17:29 pm
      Does he not realise how many people would play for Liverpool for F**k all?

I have lost all respect for him. I thought he loved the club, the fans and the city?

Do one. No less than £20million though.
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,875 posts | 165 
      Reply #32: Aug 24, 2010 10:18:50 pm
      I love my football, just don't like the majority of today's footballers, 99% have no loyalty to a club and only see £ signs and if they say the're in it to win trophies you can only call them a bunch of false badge kissing liars. In any other walk of life they would be on a fastrack to the dole queue. Too busy out doing each other with dopey hair cuts & even dopier goal celebrations that wouldn't be out of place in a primary school. To ask them to act like men & stop crying into their glass of energy drink is like asking a politician to tell the truth.  :angry-smiley-034:
      ps. Hope he gets splinters in his ass while sitting on barca's bench. The grass ain't greener you ass wipe.
      Ard Mhacha Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,794 posts | 31 
      Reply #33: Aug 24, 2010 10:24:59 pm
      I always like Masch, even when he said he wanted to leave cos the missus was giving him sh*t at home i could understand that because they are humans after all......but, after training all week for a massive game and then telling the boss you wont play cos Barca are in for ya, well he can lick my sack for all i care, should never be allowed near Anfield again.

£25m cash, no f***in about and he can go, if the offer doesn't come in he can clean the f***in lav for the rest of his contract.

If he can come up to Roy and says he aint playing, Roy should be going up to him and say he aint getting paid.

You sh*t in your nest this time my Argie friend.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Reply #34: Aug 24, 2010 10:31:50 pm
      Message to mascherano,'money talks & bullshit walks' so F***ing walk the walk.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #35: Aug 24, 2010 10:34:52 pm
      The thing that pisses me off the most is that it's not as if the club have said he can't leave. He has been told that if we get an offer which reflects his market value, which is around about £25M - £30M in my opinion, then he can go.

Now just because Barca have come in with a ridiculous offer he has thrown his toys out of the pram like a spoilt child. Well if he wants to act like a baby then Roy should treat him like one and let him play for the reserves with the rest of the kids until a club pays us what he is worth.
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #36: Aug 24, 2010 10:38:37 pm
      In fairness just because we haven't heard that he's been fined doesn't mean he hasn't been. One of our biggest complaints in recent years is how our internal affairs are constantly played out through the media. Well hopefully this time its been kept behind closed doors.

Just a thought.
      Don77

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #37: Aug 24, 2010 10:39:57 pm
      In fairness just because we haven't heard that he's been fined doesn't mean he hasn't been. One of our biggest complaints in recent years is how our internal affairs are constantly played out through the media. Well hopefully this time its been kept behind closed doors.

Just a thought.

2nd that!
      Zeus
      • Forum David Johnson

• 244 posts |
      Reply #38: Aug 24, 2010 10:43:36 pm
      A question.

Barcelona aren't matching our valuation.  Why aren't we going back to Barcelona with a counter-offer in terms of player exhange say £15 Million plus the young forward Pedro (who is an excellent player but has had just one really good year at the top level and Barca have Villa, Ibra, Messi....).  One world class player for another.

corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #39: Aug 24, 2010 10:47:40 pm
      Disgusting behaviour shows he is nothing more than a mercenary.
      Don77

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #40: Aug 24, 2010 10:50:25 pm
      A question.

Barcelona aren't matching our valuation.  Why aren't we going back to Barcelona with a counter-offer in terms of player exhange say £15 Million plus the young forward Pedro (who is an excellent player but has had just one really good year at the top level and Barca have Villa, Ibra, Messi....).  One world class player for another.

Barcelona probably think they have got us over a barrel. We need to remind them that he has got 2 years left on his deal. Pay up or shut up !!!
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,711 posts | 896 
      Reply #41: Aug 24, 2010 10:51:18 pm
      12m for worlds best dm. what a joke. let us make a counteroffer 20m for messi :)
      Dynami:t
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 701 posts | 31 
      Reply #42: Aug 24, 2010 10:56:01 pm
      A question.

This would be great deal. Even 10M + Pedro is good deal ;)
      Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,586 posts | 62 
      • At the end of the storm- Is a golden sky....
      Reply #43: Aug 24, 2010 11:15:35 pm
      Hugely dissapointed by Mascherano`s attitude- he signed on the dotted line- no one had a gun to his head!

I can understand his wife nagging, i can understand he wants to go- but there are certain ways to go about it, you dont point blank refuse to play!
      Id stick him with the reserves for the rest of his time here- that way he wont be putting a downer on our first team, and its where he belongs if he wants to act like a child!
      Liverpool have turned him into the player he is today- and hes not cheap! 16mil is laughable! They know we need the money, but they want him that bad it has to be at least 25!
      Would be even more dissapointed in Roy if he went any cheaper.
      yoyo-yoyo
      • Forum Steve Staunton

• 151 posts | -1 
      Reply #44: Aug 24, 2010 11:24:03 pm
      dont actually think he refused to play, i believe Roy dropped him.  Barca also need a rocket over this issue
      sergioh
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 123 posts |
      Reply #45: Aug 24, 2010 11:53:48 pm
      There are so many kids out there that would love to play for a team as big as Liverpool and be loved by the fans and be a regular on the pitch. They would do it for sh*t pay just like any one of us would jump on an opportunity like that and Mascherano goes and ruins it like that. He wouldnt be captain of Argentina if it wasnt for this team. He has forgotten what being a football player is all about.
      iwantfernandosbabies
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts |
      Reply #46: Aug 24, 2010 11:54:38 pm
      Yaya Toure: 28 million.

Mascherano: 12 million.

WHAT??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

For 12 mill they can have nabil el zhar, a nintendo wii and a piece of my poo.

Cocky catalan cu*ts.
      craglad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,009 posts | 25 
      Reply #47: Aug 25, 2010 12:18:02 am
      I would have the c**t cleaning the bogs with his toothbrush.
      aussieredave
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 961 posts |
      Reply #48: Aug 25, 2010 12:25:54 am
      I will allways admire and respect his playing ability but im extremely angry that he let this club down.

The club that paid top dollar for him when he was on the bench at The Hammers !  Where is the loyalty?
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #49: Aug 25, 2010 12:31:50 am
      I know what I'd do wirh Masch I'd send him out on loan to Darlington for two years, but then again I'm a c**t.
      TotheMax
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 404 posts | 22 
      Reply #50: Aug 25, 2010 12:50:23 am
      I dont get this. Roy insists he chose not to pick him cause he thought his mindset wasnt right. Not that Masch refused to play. Is there any evidence that Masch refused to play? Just asking...
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #51: Aug 25, 2010 01:37:31 am
      We all know the management will bend forward, touch their toes and give two coughs in this situation. They're already asking for £18 million cash. Only a matter of time before you hear Masch left for £15 million.

Liverpool misift Javier Mascherano will cost you £18m cash, Barcelona told

RedLFCBlood
      Reply #52: Aug 25, 2010 01:46:50 am
      Masch weakened our position, to be honest I'd weaken his, good luck at Darlo on loan you Argie b***ard.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #53: Aug 25, 2010 03:02:05 am
      I dont get this. Roy insists he chose not to pick him cause he thought his mindset wasnt right. Not that Masch refused to play. Is there any evidence that Masch refused to play? Just asking...

It amounts to the same thing IMO, he should be in the right frame of min dto play, we F***ing pay him to play!
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #54: Aug 25, 2010 03:23:07 am
      To be honest how can you confirm that Masch has refused to play when Roy only said he was 'not in the right frame of mind to play'? Perhaps Roy dropped him because his head was turned and managers make these decisions.

I don't think its fair to criticise Masch when it could be Roy's decision to drop him instead.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,909 posts | 6833 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #55: Aug 25, 2010 04:54:56 am
      Come out and say something Masch. I want to hear what you have to say for yourself. Until then.....

Kiss the badge...kiss my arse instead.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #56: Aug 25, 2010 07:32:02 am
      Suck a cactus, you fuckwit.
      TheKopite*****
      • Forum Ian St John

• 433 posts |
      Reply #57: Aug 25, 2010 07:48:39 am
      No F***ing respect this bloke! Where would you be if it weren't for LFC? Now he's turned into a spoilt child! Man up Masch!!!!
      TheKopite*****
      • Forum Ian St John

• 433 posts |
      Reply #58: Aug 25, 2010 07:51:39 am
      To be honest how can you confirm that Masch has refused to play when Roy only said he was 'not in the right frame of mind to play'? Perhaps Roy dropped him because his head was turned and managers make these decisions.

I don't think its fair to criticise Masch when it could be Roy's decision to drop him instead.

Fair point mate, but if I'm honest, I don't think Roy would drop him and put Lucas in instead if it wasn't something major- like Masch wanting out of LFC.
      JerilKuruvila
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 134 posts |
      Reply #59: Aug 25, 2010 08:39:57 am
      Now everybody here is telling Masch is not a good person.
      I don't  believe that, as per my understanding at the time of arsenal game itself there was some problem.
      He played at that time, now this time we cant blame him alone, his agent may be forcing him not to play for LFC in upcoming matches, which may have an immediate impact on the transfer.

He is a good player, plays with his heart, where ever he plays. We have to show respect to him.
      But i guarantee you that we are not going to miss him as Xabi. And Masch was never going to be a liverpool legend.
      So stop blaming him, we have our club in which we trust, we will be back guys., We will be back
      Zeus
      • Forum David Johnson

• 244 posts |
      Reply #60: Aug 25, 2010 10:57:32 am
      This would be great deal. Even 10M + Pedro is good deal ;)

Mascherano is going so the question becomes what can we get for him? In an ideal world, we should stay firm and say the player can only go if Barca cough up £25M at least.  But I fear we are going to let him go for less so take Barca up on their player exchange (but not Hleb who is not what we need and is closer to 30) but ask for one of barca's MANY forwards:
      - rumour mill says Ibra might be off to Italy - straight swap for him
      - Pedro ideal as can play on the wings or as a striker and Torres knows his playing style well from the Spain set-up so might fit in easily
      - even Bojan.

If we let Masch leave for only £18M (price quoted today in the gutter press), that leaves us with nothing in terms of spending power:
      - Carlton Cole - West Ham quoted £15-20M
      - Crouch - didnt Harry put a £15M tag on him?
      - Ola Toivenen - PSV wanted closer to £15M and their preference is to keep the player
      - and we're miles off from English options like Agbonlahor or Bent, let alone a quality (dare I say worldclass) striker from overseas (to think we had dreams of signing the likes of Villa and Aguero a few years back)

I'm not a big fan of player swaps (one team always comes away with the poorer deal) but we have only a few days left before the transfer window closes and we need to ensure we can some level of quality player in.
      RyanBabs

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      • London town is burning down
      Reply #61: Aug 25, 2010 10:58:44 am
      Complete tosser to be honest, use to idolise him and now he is nothing to me
      Zeus
      • Forum David Johnson

• 244 posts |
      Reply #62: Aug 25, 2010 11:05:15 am
      Complete tosser to be honest, use to idolise him and now he is nothing to me

I'm so gutted about Masch's behaviour.  Even after the Arsenal game, I supported him and felt he could go - for the right price - with our fans blessing.  He messed up the gameplan, created a circus and contributed to a heavy loss.  BUT somebody please officially complain about Barcelona - funny thing is they don't even have the money!
      RyanBabs

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      • London town is burning down
      Reply #63: Aug 25, 2010 11:06:06 am
      I'm so gutted about Masch's behaviour.  Even after the Arsenal game, I supported him and felt he could go - for the right price - with our fans blessing.  He messed up the gameplan, created a circus and contributed to a heavy loss.  BUT somebody please officially complain about Barcelona - funny thing is they don't even have the money!

Look how he set up that goal for Ngog, he was going crazy when we scored. Its there but he just needs a divorce
      Zeus
      • Forum David Johnson

• 244 posts |
      Reply #64: Aug 25, 2010 11:14:05 am
      Yeh, RyanBabs.  The difference in attitude from the Arsenal game to Monday is CRAZY.  This from a player who KNEW his manager had gone on record to the whole bloody world saying Masch could go for the right price.  He knew the score and what, his "head get's turned" by a £12M offer?  The arrogance of the player too - completely unprofessional, mercenary and if I was Pep Guardiola, I'd hope and pray the missus likes Barcelona or he could have a disruptive player on his hands. 

So so upset, still, by this.  Always placed Barcelona higher than Real Madrid in my mind - but right now, all I want is for Roy and Wenger to get together and send a nice big fax to FIFA demanding action.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,683 posts | 3904 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #65: Aug 25, 2010 11:36:47 am
      Barcelona are now just another Real Madrid. No longer are they more than a club. They are just another Spanish club. Tapping up whoever they want and getting away with it.

When he leaves will Barcelona be so 'generous' to donate money to one of the clubs charities, like we did when we signed Keane from Spurs
      samylfc
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 392 posts |
      Reply #66: Aug 25, 2010 12:42:54 pm
      All we can take for granted is what Roy told us "that's the player wasn't in the right frame of mind" Masch is surely under lot's of pressure from his wife and family on a daily basis..and let's be honest for just one second here..It's must be hell at home!! and people reacted very differently under stress from close relatives.

I'm not excusing or defending anything here, but try to see it from a different angle, yes players get paid s*it loads, but when the missus and close relative are in your face 24h/7, that would drive anybody crazy!! and do crazy things..

My feeling is Masch is still a boy who gets massively influenced by his wife and closes relatives or like you are saying in English "under the thumb", he is no man yet! therefore he is acting like a kid and do what he is told to do by his wife, family.

Respect for his employer, fans is something he doesn't even comprehend because "mamma" is calling the shot, look at his body language when talking to the press...He's just a kid.

I say treat him like one.
      TotheMax
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 404 posts | 22 
      Reply #67: Aug 25, 2010 03:42:06 pm
      Maybe Masch was telling Roy that he refused to put on that red shirt and refused to go on that pitch.

Maybe Masch was screaming to Roy: "Im fine! I want to play! Please let me play" and Roy said "no".

For all I know it could be either since I havent seen evidence of either, and it doesnt seem like anybody are posting evidence in this thread. All I know is that Roy said that Masch's mind wasnt right. He didnt say who made that call.

For me he is not guilty until proven guilty.
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,133 posts | 127 
      Reply #68: Aug 25, 2010 06:16:56 pm
      Maybe Masch was telling Roy that he refused to put on that red shirt and refused to go on that pitch.

Maybe Masch was screaming to Roy: "Im fine! I want to play! Please let me play" and Roy said "no".

For all I know it could be either since I havent seen evidence of either, and it doesnt seem like anybody are posting evidence in this thread. All I know is that Roy said that Masch's mind wasnt right. He didnt say who made that call.

For me he is not guilty until proven guilty.
      Got to agree with this. Barcas derisery offer was just meant to unsettle him/Woy, and it worked.
      Real Madrid shaft us in the tranfer market on a regular basis, and Barca think they can too now, but thats another
      subject.
      Gazmcc84
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 31 posts |
      Reply #69: Aug 25, 2010 06:34:26 pm
      masch is great in breaking up the play but i think poulsen will be good replacement and can pass it well too(masch not great passer) ,who would we use his money on if we were to get 25-30m
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,875 posts | 165 
      Reply #70: Aug 25, 2010 06:52:52 pm
      If he's so keen to go for £12m let him make up the short fall!!
      Gazmcc84
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 31 posts |
      Reply #71: Aug 25, 2010 07:19:49 pm
      is it true we have been offered hleb aswell as 15m

there was talk of ben afra comin in too,dont think either of them would do..

roy has givin barca till sunday to sort it
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #72: Aug 25, 2010 07:21:27 pm
      If Barc think Yaya Toure is worth £28 million using that logic surely Masch is worth £40 million.
      Gazmcc84
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 31 posts |
      Reply #73: Aug 25, 2010 09:25:08 pm
      true.masch is worth twice yaya toures price.he looked  average against lucas on monday,speaking of which,rafa kept tellin us how great lucas is but has no interest in signing him  ....strange
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #74: Aug 25, 2010 09:35:07 pm
      true.masch is worth twice yaya toures price.he looked  average against lucas on monday,speaking of which,rafa kept tellin us how great lucas is but has no interest in signing him  ....strange

Why would he need to when you look at the midfielders at Inter!!

And hasn't Roy been saying the same thing?
      Gazmcc84
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 31 posts |
      Reply #75: Aug 25, 2010 09:57:20 pm
      Why would he need to when you look at the midfielders at Inter!!

And hasn't Roy been saying the same thing?
      thats true,just hard to no who we could get....

when  u see likes  of a johnson torment us monday and signed for them for next to nothing,wish we would try for players like that.

we play 2 strikers on wings in dirk and milan....we badly need wingers
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #76: Aug 25, 2010 10:03:20 pm
      thats true,just hard to no who we could get....

when  u see likes  of a johnson torment us monday and signed for them for next to nothing,wish we would try for players like that.

we play 2 strikers on wings in dirk and milan....we badly need wingers

Yes but we're skint, why do you think Rafa got Jovanovic on a free, cos he knew we'd have no money to spend, it's the same reason we got Joe Cole on a free. The only real money we've spent so far has been for Danny Wilson.

To be honest I think City did very well getting Johnson for the price they did, but if they had to they would have spent more had the likes or us or Arsenal or whoever had tried to bid for him.
      Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,586 posts | 62 
      • At the end of the storm- Is a golden sky....
      Reply #77: Aug 25, 2010 10:04:19 pm
      We dont badly need wingers-

Maxi can play on either wing,

Joe Cole if needed,

Pacheco`s favourite position is left wing,

As is Milan`s
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #78: Aug 25, 2010 10:05:35 pm
      Get a winger in the deal then ok - well have that with 20Million...

However with Masch now refusing to play it makes it impossiable to play a strong hand. If he is unhappy with his valuation thats one thing - doing this makes him worthless to the club. Were not going to pay his wages and let him rott, no club would. We should dock him 6 weeks wages (maximim ammount due to Prem rules) then let him go to Barca - but on our terms!

We could have cup tied him, but we didnt... West Ham let him rott, we didnt, we gave him a home, games and a team - rebuilt his confidence (I remeber his first few games, he was a wreck! He couldnt pass the ball and gave away possesion a lot, plus a few dodgy tackles!) In time he became a hero at Anfield - and his home country! Now he does this...

More fool to Barca for this, I hope he does the same to them, and there is a great chance he will in a few years... I wouldnt buy a player with this attitude, and im amazed that Pep is willing to take that risk!

Just wish it was Real, then we could have got a few decent players for him!
      Gazmcc84
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 31 posts |
      Reply #79: Aug 25, 2010 10:11:11 pm
      We dont badly need wingers-

Maxi can play on either wing,

Joe Cole if needed,

Pacheco`s favourite position is left wing,

As is Milan`s
      agreed but not sure if roy likes maxi. hope the likes off amoo gets time in carling cup and could be another option

is el zhar fallen of face of earth
      Red Horizon
      • Forum John Toshack

• 246 posts |
      Reply #80: Aug 26, 2010 07:02:51 pm
      That's the problem with today's sycophants you fawn all over players so overrated i'm pulling my hair out at games wondering if i'm at the same game,then when they show their true colours you berate them,you can't have it both ways......that's why when Babbel scores i just sit there happy in the knowledge he'll soon be gone and forgotten.
      paulboo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,146 posts | 10 
      Reply #81: Aug 26, 2010 09:28:33 pm
      For me this is just another shameful example of the way footballs going. Something has to be done about this type of thing, whats the point of signing a contract if a player can just refuse to play cause he wants a move? Imo any player should have his players licence yanked for a period of 6-12 months for doing this, fines dont work, they earn too much to worry about that. Javier mate your a disgrace lad.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,388 posts | 1543 
      Reply #82: Aug 26, 2010 09:32:36 pm
      Have to agree with that Red Horizon, Ngog comes into the same category for me, and Lucas. When they do perform to the best of thier ability, it's still short of world class, and is only evident one game in eight. Just not good enough for the Reds. Now Masch has done this, how can he play for us again if Barca can't raise the cash. Will he expect to be given away just because his missus is unhappy. For christs sake he only signed an extended contract a while back didn't he ? He must have known the situation with his missus then surely. £25 mill at least I say.

Quick Reply