Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 13th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

Football Manager 11

Read 157846 times
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: Football Manager 11
      Reply #2967: Oct 05, 2011 04:47:50 pm
      He's grown to be a very good winger on mine. Not many light blue stats but he's quick and a lot of 15s plus 19 acceleration, 17 dribbling, flair and pace.

He'll be a straight replacement for Sanchez who is 30 now.
      Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #2968: Oct 05, 2011 07:13:08 pm
      Injuries continue to F**k me.

8 total, only 4 matches in.
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #2969: Oct 05, 2011 08:06:30 pm
      12 total injuries now. Having to fill my bench with players who could never see the pitch.

Playing my whole defense out of position, it's F***ing sh*te. We're being carved up in the league.

Luckily we've got an easy CL group and should top it regardless.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,338 posts | 2837 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #2970: Oct 05, 2011 08:11:13 pm
      Any ideas of good left sided players (fullbacks/wingers) I could try to get for my Crewe squad? I'm near the start of the 2015/16 season. Sturridge does a job there on the left wing but I think he could be even better as a striker. Brian Easton is my only left back in the squad, when I didn't have him I had to use Lescott or Spence there.
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #2971: Oct 05, 2011 08:13:52 pm
      Any ideas of good left sided players (fullbacks/wingers) I could try to get for my Crewe squad? I'm near the start of the 2015/16 season. Sturridge does a job there on the left wing but I think he could be even better as a striker. Brian Easton is my only left back in the squad, when I didn't have him I had to use Lescott or Spence there.

Do you play inside forwards or wingers?
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,338 posts | 2837 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #2972: Oct 05, 2011 08:20:09 pm
      Wingers

But I could change it depending on who I get, I don't necessarily stick to the same formation for too long.
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #2973: Oct 05, 2011 08:34:55 pm
      Trying to think. Hard to judge because you're a few seasons in.

Take a look at this lad I'm turning into an outside attacking midfielder. He's going to be a belter. I'd loan him to you if I could :D

Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #2974: Oct 05, 2011 09:26:20 pm
      6th after 10 games.

We really need to find form, and fitness.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,338 posts | 2837 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #2975: Oct 06, 2011 12:38:58 am
      Looks boss this regen.

Any ideas of keepers? Frey is decent but past his best, I could do with a top class keepers, but the most famous ones are already at much bigger clubs.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #2976: Oct 06, 2011 01:55:13 pm
      Alphonse Areola is boss for me and cheap.

Just thumped Milan in the top of the table clash at the San Siro 3-0. Back on top of the league.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,338 posts | 2837 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #2977: Oct 06, 2011 04:49:27 pm
      Alphonse Areola is boss for me and cheap.

Will take a look at him later, thanks.

After rejecting me at first, I got Chamberlain on loan for one more season, which is odd since Man Utd finished below me in the league (4th), but shows how Crewe is still seen as a smaller club.

Got Lucas from São Paulo, Crewe's record signing so far (around £18M), I'm probably going to use him on the left wing.

Sold nearly all my players who were 30 or above, with the exception of Nigel De Jong (cause he's still boss) and Frey (cause so far I couldn't find a better gk).

Got some regens for the future, and one to replace Lescott in central defence, he's only 19 but very very good.

Sold Alan Hutton (near 30) and bought Coleman (26) for the squad.

I'm still looking for a left back to provide competition for Easton and possibly a few other additions. I have plenty of attacking midfielders, but only Charlie Adam has CM as his original position, and it's worrying me. I can get Witsel for £25M but I think it's way too much for him, although his stats look brilliant.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #2978: Oct 06, 2011 04:53:53 pm
      Witsel is crap. I buy him every time for a lower club because he is eventually available for 5m but he never does anything in any position or role.

Look to get young Thiago from Barca, Tinga, from Palmeiras i think, Canales on loan or maybe push for Moussa Sissoko if he wants to join your club. They're my picks if your playing an all round CM.

Left back is tough. Who looks like a viable option for you?
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,338 posts | 2837 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #2979: Oct 06, 2011 05:00:06 pm
      I don't know if it's just in my game, but Witsel attributes are really improved in comparison to the start of the game. However, when I saw his game stats for Rubin (such as only 64% of pass completion in the Russian league), I wasn't convinced, especially for the kind of money I'd have to pay for him. I tried Tiago but he's established at Barcelona, gonna see the other options when I'm at home.

As for left back, it's really difficult to find a decent one, Brian Easton is good but he has basically central defender stats, I'd like to have a more all round player for his position too. Will check when I'm at home what are my options, but if I remember correctly none of the big names would even consider me, I thought of getting Diego Renan from Corinthians and play him on the left, but he's valued at £12M and would cost a hell lot of money.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #2980: Oct 06, 2011 05:18:57 pm
      Maybe someone like Insua, Ansaldi, Gunter, Obradovic, and Jack Robinson would of grown to be a good player by 15/16 season.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,338 posts | 2837 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #2981: Oct 07, 2011 03:32:34 pm
      Tried these guys, only Jack Robinson wanted to come, but Liverpool wanted £17M for him. In the end, I got Lucas Digne for £8.5M, I'm quite happy about that. I also could of got Gibbs for £13.5M but chose Digne instead.

Signed a lot of players, will post a printscreen of my squad later. 2 seasons ago, as a EPL newcomer, I had one of the oldest squads in the league, as I had barely no money and signed mostly free agents. Now I got a lot of regens and younger players, it's looking brilliant for the future.

I always spend a hell lot more money than I'm supposed to, cause I only buy players in 48 installments. It can be dangerous financially but I do that because I have faith I'll get results (like UCL qualification) that will make it worth. The day I don't though, I'd be fu**ed.
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #2982: Oct 07, 2011 08:57:39 pm
      My regen I posted above just scored a 25 yard peeler to see of Man City in the CL Quarterfinals.

Massive.
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #2983: Oct 07, 2011 09:34:15 pm
      In sensational form at the moment. Topping the league when it looked like we would struggle.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #2984: Oct 08, 2011 11:22:46 am
      Was toasting everyone until i met Porto in the first leg the first knockout round. Lost 3-1 away and my only fit natural left back sent off.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,338 posts | 2837 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #2985: Oct 09, 2011 03:49:13 am
      Crewe Alexandra 2015/16

Javier Martinez, Wilson Matias, Benoit Metzger, Maximiliano Ledesma, Serdar Bingol, Michael Andrews, Tony Mills, Pedro, Hipolito De La Torre and Miguel Angel Cinello are regens.

I'm in early November, currently 3rd in the EPL.

My UCL group contains Bayern, Valencia and Partizan. Drew away against Bayern, beat Valencia 4-0 (in what was one of the best Crewe matches ever ;D), and then beat Partizan twice (5-1 at home and 4-3 away). 10 points, looking good to secure qualification.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #2986: Oct 09, 2011 02:05:22 pm
      How did you get Gotze? And how much?

Let me know how Areola goes for you. His stats arent the best but he's a great keeper for me.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #2987: Oct 10, 2011 11:12:08 pm
      Was toasting everyone until i met Porto in the first leg the first knockout round. Lost 3-1 away and my only fit natural left back sent off.

Came back and won 4-0 (all in the first half) to knock them out 5-3 agg.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,338 posts | 2837 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #2988: Oct 11, 2011 01:47:09 am
      How did you get Gotze? And how much?

Let me know how Areola goes for you. His stats arent the best but he's a great keeper for me.

I signed Gotze after the end of his contract with Dortmund. He should be a lot better on FM though, he's not very good here. I mean, he has great creativity and passing, but I have other options for his position that are playing well so he has been barely used. He has no pace and his physical atributes in general are quite poor.

Areola was quite cheap (£800k), but my scouts didn't rate him very highly, so I bought Renan Ribeiro as well, just to be sure :P Renan has been terrific, so Areola hasn't played much. It's good to know I have a good backup though!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #2989: Oct 11, 2011 03:14:21 pm
      Agree he should be much better. He's slow and only above average stats.

Drawn against Stuttgart in the quarter finals so an easy win there.

4 clear with 9 to go in the league. Would be going for the perfect season but that bullshit loss to Aston Villa in the European Super Cup ended those hopes. Won the CWC and the Italian Super Cup. 2 from 3 still ain't bad.

Quick Reply